PDA

View Full Version : What's right with football!

Tribe4SF
June 26th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Scenes from the Colonial All-Pro Camp at W&M yesterday reinforce what the game means to so many.

In the first you see the support, and acceptance kids learn from being part of the game. In back is Tim Tebow.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/76253605185590806523.jpg

Here's Tebow making the effort to be who he claims he is. He won alot of hearts yesterday.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/03469453656158312172.jpg

Maybe my favorite picture ever of Larry Fitzgerald and a camper taken yesterday. Larry has been to this camp before, and is pure, genuine human being.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/95868194138937305335.jpg

Lehigh Football Nation
June 26th, 2012, 12:58 PM
xthumbsupx

Sam_Kats
June 26th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Good stuff

aust42
June 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Very cool! You never see this type of stuff in the news. Thanks for posting

NHwildEcat
June 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM
This is great!

I know alot of people don't like Tebow for this or that reason, but that guy is genuine...and it is hard to find someone who believes as deeply as he does about living a good life and helping others with the power that can come from football in this country.

TheBisonator
June 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM
As long as the disabled kid accepted Jesus, he's cool.

(Though I agree with Larry Fitzgerald and am not surprised, I have heard he's a real stand-up human being. I played a game against him in HS, though I was a benchwarmer and our team sucked, he lit us up like a Christmas tree that night.)

Sammy94
June 26th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Very cool.
Nice to see Fitz there. For a second, I didn't think any NFL talent was there.

heath
June 26th, 2012, 06:39 PM
This is great!

I know alot of people don't like Tebow for this or that reason, but that guy is genuine...and it is hard to find someone who believes as deeply as he does about living a good life and helping others with the power that can come from football in this country.

+1

heath
June 26th, 2012, 06:43 PM
As long as the disabled kid accepted Jesus, he's cool.

(Though I agree with Larry Fitzgerald and am not surprised, I have heard he's a real stand-up human being. I played a game against him in HS, though I was a benchwarmer and our team sucked, he lit us up like a Christmas tree that night.)

Bench warmer in HS? Damn,that sucks at that level...................or were you the one getting lit up and now have a lame excuse?xsmiley_wix

ODUsmitty
June 26th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Nice thread and better cause. Well done

TheBisonator
June 27th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Bench warmer in HS? Damn,that sucks at that level...................or were you the one getting lit up and now have a lame excuse?xsmiley_wix

I was lucky to just be on a roster. I'm not a very athletic person. I luv FB, but I'm strictly a scholar of the game, not an athlete. :D

My most successful athletic accomplishment was winning the 200m backstroke at a swim meet dual in HS (I was on the swim team one year). Of course my artistic accomplishments completely dwarf that.

Monarch Nation
June 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
This is great!

Great to see them out at W&M for this. I'm not a Tebow fan (nothing about religion, I just think he's not that great of an NFL QB), but it is good to see him and others doing this.

NHwildEcat
June 27th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Great to see them out at W&M for this. I'm not a Tebow fan (nothing about religion, I just think he's not that great of an NFL QB), but it is good to see him and others doing this.

That's fair...he has serious questions about his pro ability. I think he is better than Marck Sanchez though, oh the Jets.

Monarch History
June 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Tribe4SF, thanks for the pictures. If someone just told me about the day, I would have just said that's nice. As we've heard all our lives, "A picture's worth a thousand words." In this case it's true.