PDA

View Full Version : SWAC-MEAC Challenge...

mikebigg
June 25th, 2006, 09:30 AM
http://www.meacswacchallenge.com/matchup.html

Looking forward to this one... got a group of friend who want to ride up and another set of friends who want to watch it on the Giant Screen and "tailgate" from our business establishment. Right now, leaning toward seeing the game live in Birmingham. Wife and Daughter been talking about
(them) going to Jacksonville to see SU vs BCC.

I'm ready for some football and anxious to witness the ICON continue our current (10 game) winning streak.

TexasTerror
June 25th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Grambling is going to tell us a lot early with games against Hampton and Houston. 0-2 or 1-1 seems likely to be in the cards. If Grambling comes out 2-0, they deserve to be top 10 on I-AA ballots from sea to shining sea...

Definitely looking forward to Hampton/Grambling!

UH fans are picking apart Grambling...

http://mb16.scout.com/fcoogfansfrm1.showMessage?topicID=25961.topic

SUjagTILLiDIE
June 25th, 2006, 08:30 PM
http://www.meacswacchallenge.com/matchup.html

. Wife and Daughter been talking about
(them) going to Jacksonville to see SU vs BCC.

I see they made the correct choice. The whole Baton Rouge is gonna be in Jacksonville.

bosshogg
June 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Then Hampton and SCSU will be in it every year...and maybe FAMU, depending on how their new coach does

Hampton will win by 2 touchdowns..last year I heard all about how SCSU couldn't handle tavaris jackson, and we were not ready for the SWAC offenses..until we went down there and crushed ASU...

hampton by 14

SUjagTILLiDIE
June 25th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Then Hampton and SCSU will be in it every year...and maybe FAMU, depending on how their new coach does

Hampton will win by 2 touchdowns..last year I heard all about how SCSU couldn't handle tavaris jackson, and we were not ready for the SWAC offenses..until we went down there and crushed ASU...

hampton by 14
Bama St. finished 4th in the Swac east.:cool:

mikebigg
June 25th, 2006, 09:57 PM

hampton by 14

That was Alabama State and not Grambling. As good as Jackson was with his athleticism and potential, their passing game wasn't remotely close to Grambling's offense. Hampton better be careful of getting blown out...Hopefully the SWAC/MEAC challenge will continue and maybe SCState will eventually win a championship. Seems to have been a while for you guys.

bosshogg
June 26th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Bama St. finished 4th in the Swac east.:cool:

we didn't know that when we lined up..they were a 9-2 conference champion when we got them......we didn't know how your season would turn out...but that didn't stop ASU fans from saying we were no match for them

bosshogg
June 26th, 2006, 07:29 AM
That was Alabama State and not Grambling. As good as Jackson was with his athleticism and potential, their passing game wasn't remotely close to Grambling's offense. Hampton better be careful of getting blown out...Hopefully the SWAC/MEAC challenge will continue and maybe SCState will eventually win a championship. Seems to have been a while for you guys.

okay...if you say so....I think our record speaks for itself.....

HIU 93
June 26th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Pirates by two touchdowns.

Catmendue2
June 26th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Pirates by two touchdowns.

In 2005 Hampton never scored more than 20 points against any team that had a winning record. 20 points won't win against Grambling and playing from behind with a running game will surely produce a blowout come Sept. 2.

Catmendue2
June 26th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Actually after loking at the MEAC, yall better be scurd of FAMU. Carter aint joking in Tally HO.:smiley_wi

The man did get a 6-5 after just 45 days on the job.

SU Jag
June 26th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I hate to say it, but I'll be a GSU fan that week!:nod:

bosshogg
June 26th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Actually after loking at the MEAC, yall better be scurd of FAMU. Carter aint joking in Tally HO.:smiley_wi

The man did get a 6-5 after just 45 days on the job.

nothing against carter.....he is a good coach, and will build a strong program at FAMU, but ....

Sep 03 *DELAWARE ST............ 17-21 L 13814
Sep 10 at USF................. 3-37 L 43122
Sep 17 *HOWARD................. 33-20 W 9701
Sep 24 vs Tennesse State...... 12-7 W 56297
Oct 01 at Florida Internat'l.. 6-23 L 16512
Oct 15 *at South Carolina St... 3-49 L 13020
Oct 22 *NORFOLK ST............. 31-17 W 26988
Oct 29 *at Morgan St........... 27-16 W 3429
Nov 05 *N.C. A&T STATE......... 24-14 W 10203
Nov 12 *at Hampton............. 14-34 L 7013
Nov 19 *vs Bethune-Cookman..... 26-23 WO 70112

they beat a weak howard,
barely beat a very weak TSU
beat a decent NSU team
beat a sorry Morgan team
beat a weak A&T team

their only impressive win wasa against Bethunem and you can throw out records in a rivalry like that....basically I am saying that it wasn't hard to win those 6 games...it didnt take some impressive coaching job to do that with the tallent FAMU had...and they did have some good talent....they just had a weak QB....popey was good at RB and kiser was good at WR