PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Conference member/Playoff Eligibility Countdown!!

darell1976
June 23rd, 2012, 05:06 PM
North Dakota is only 8 days away from becoming a full member of the Big Sky Conference in all sports....and will end its transition from Division II. Playoffs baby!!!

slostang
June 23rd, 2012, 05:36 PM
So is Southern Utah. Cal Poly and UC Davis are 8 days away from being football affiliate members of the Big Sky. Looking forward to our first season in the Big Sky.

TheBisonator
June 23rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Playoff teams from the BSC this year:

Montana State (Autobid)
Montana (I think that all the FBI investigation crap won't affect them as much as some people think)
Cal-Poly

And maybe, quite possibly, Eastern Washington, depending on how their new QB does.

darell1976
June 23rd, 2012, 05:57 PM
So is Southern Utah. Cal Poly and UC Davis are 8 days away from being football affiliate members of the Big Sky. Looking forward to our first season in the Big Sky.

Its very exciting!!! It will be nice to lose the GWC label in favor of the Big Sky label. GWC/GWFC was nice to get our feet wet in DI but now its time to play with the big boys day in and day out. Let the season begin.

darell1976
June 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
Playoff teams from the BSC this year:

Montana State (Autobid)
Montana (I think that all the FBI investigation crap won't affect them as much as some people think)
Cal-Poly

And maybe, quite possibly, Eastern Washington, depending on how their new QB does.

I think the BSC title will be either MSU or Cal Poly (remember Cal Poly doesn't play either Montana teams). I think Montana could be the biggest question mark more than the GWFC teams...with all their offseason problems.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 23rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Its very exciting!!! It will be nice to lose the GWC label in favor of the Big Sky label. GWC/GWFC was nice to get our feet wet in DI but now its time to play with the big boys day in and day out. Let the season begin.

Did anyone even notice I fixed the forum this last week?

darell1976
June 23rd, 2012, 06:59 PM
Did anyone even notice I fixed the forum this last week?

Its now in the AGS graveyard...RIP GWFC Forum!!

ursus arctos horribilis
June 23rd, 2012, 07:06 PM
Its now in the AGS graveyard...RIP GWFC Forum!!

Well, ya kept bugging me about it and getting it changed so I figured you'd notice on your own let alone 4 or 5 days after the fact...with me having to point it out no less.

C'mon darell!xlolx

darell1976
June 24th, 2012, 10:33 PM
7 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

darell1976
June 25th, 2012, 06:27 AM
6 DAYS!!!!!!

darell1976
June 26th, 2012, 08:34 AM
5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darell1976
June 27th, 2012, 07:55 AM
4 Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darell1976
June 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM
3 DAYS!!!! The excitement is growing for all UND fans, especially with the name issue over the focus is now on sports!!!!

UNDColorado
June 28th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I love it! Almost hard to believe that the transition is over. I can't wait for football!!!

darell1976
June 28th, 2012, 09:50 AM
I love it! Almost hard to believe that the transition is over. I can't wait for football!!!

I can't wait for our new conference....BIG SKY!!!!! Its like a dream come true. From the North Central Conference to the Great West Conference to the Big Sky Conference. It keeps getting better and better!!!

darell1976
June 29th, 2012, 09:28 AM
TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheRevSFA
June 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
what happens again? You vote on the Sioux nickname?

UNDColorado
June 29th, 2012, 09:37 AM

Haha after all of this BS that doesn't seem too far fetched. +1 for you

darell1976
June 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM

Actually thats next weekend...:D

darell1976
June 30th, 2012, 08:54 AM
ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darell1976
July 1st, 2012, 07:56 AM
Its official!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/239906/group/Sports/

When employees of the UND athletic department go to work Monday, the school will be an official member of the Big Sky Conference.
One of the Big Sky’s perks is the league’s exposure. In April, Root Sports announced its 12-game television schedule for the league’s football programs. The games will be televised in high definition on the Root Sports regional networks, which reach 8.7 million viewers across 18 states.

UND will play on Root Sports on Oct. 20 when it hosts Montana at the Alerus Center.

Partly due to that television deal, the league doles out revenue sharing with its members.

“It’s one of the few conferences that has revenue sharing because of its business plan,” Faison said. “It’s a unique situation that has developed over the years because of the long, hard work put in by the conference and the commissioner.”

The revenue sharing is not equal and is based on a program’s level of exposure. Faison said UND hasn’t budgeted for that money and will have a better handle on revenue sharing after the first season in the league.

UNDColorado
July 1st, 2012, 08:44 AM
BOOM! Thought This day would never come!

dakotadan
July 1st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Congratulations to UND, SUU, UC Davis and Cal Poly on becoming members of the Big Sky! As a fan it is definitely exciting knowing the great competition we will be facing in the coming seasons. There are some great academics and athletics involved with the BSC.

UNDColorado
July 2nd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Amen to that! Now if only football could come sooner!

darell1976
July 2nd, 2012, 08:58 AM
Amen to that! Now if only football could come sooner!

Yeah no kidding we got 1 month and 28 days to go.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 2nd, 2012, 01:31 PM
Congrats to our new BSC brethren.

coover
July 2nd, 2012, 04:24 PM

I regret that North Dakota may have to lose the Sioux nickname, but if it does, I think a good nickname would be the "Dakotans". Think about it. If UND is playing any of the other Dakota schools, they could cheer "We are the Dakotans, and you are not".

MSUBobcat
July 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
I regret that North Dakota may have to lose the Sioux nickname, but if it does, I think a good nickname would be the "Dakotans". Think about it. If UND is playing any of the other Dakota schools, they could cheer "We are the Dakotans, and you are not".

Welcome to our new conference-mates. Looking forward to some new rivalries forming in the BSC.

I've always thought changing it to "Fighting Sue" and have a hot chick be their mascot was a good way to stick it to the NC$$. Maybe "Sue" could even face off against a challenger in mud wrestling or a pillow fight at half time??? :Dxthumbsupx

As a big follower of Sioux hockey, I saw a clever suggestion on the college hockey fan forum today - the Bakkeneers (reference to the Bakken oil field in western ND).

TheBisonator
July 2nd, 2012, 05:46 PM

Wait a minute, they "may have to lose the Sioux nickname"?? Dude, the name is already gone and it won't come back. On June 12 the death certificate of the Sioux nickname was written. They officially have no nickname currently, they are not officially known as the Fighting Sioux anymore. They have three years now to come up with a new name.

darell1976
July 2nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Wait a minute, they "may have to lose the Sioux nickname"?? Dude, the name is already gone and it won't come back. On June 12 the death certificate of the Sioux nickname was written. They officially have no nickname currently, they are not officially known as the Fighting Sioux anymore. They have three years now to come up with a new name.

I agree...even this so called petition they were going to get signatures for to get the Sioux nickname law into the ND constitution won't go through because last month's vote proved voters wanted this to end and keep UND athletics alive. The name is done and the only debate now won't be until 2015..the year UND chooses a new name.

darell1976
August 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
It's now official!!!!!

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205564147

The University of North Dakota is proud to announce that it has been elected to full Division I active membership status from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), officially completing UND's transition from Division II status. UND President Dr. Robert Kelley received a letter from the NCAA today confirming the University's active membership in Division I athletics.
With the five-year reclassification process to Division I (Football Championship Subdivision) now complete, UND is eligible to participate in Division I postseason competition beginning this fall.

gotts
August 2nd, 2012, 10:07 PM
It's now official!!!!!

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205564147

Welcome to the bottom of the top.

darell1976
August 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
Welcome to the bottom of the top.

Well you guys are the experts on being at the bottom of the top (2009).