PDA

View Full Version : Which Coaching Staff will be under the MOST pressure to win in FCS This Year?

Gil Dobie
June 22nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Any jobs on the line to get a winning record or advance further in the playoffs, or just make the playoffs.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 22nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Swofford at Youngstown State.
Lennon at SIU
Maybe Viator at McNeese

813Jag
June 22nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
I know the whole no playoffs thing but the pressure is on at Southern after 2-9 & 4-7.

superman7515
June 22nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joe Taylor at FAMU: 9-3, 8-3, 8-3, 7-4, no playoffs (0-3 vs SC State)

Donald Hill-Eley at Morgan (but I doubt they care about football): 7-5, 6-5, 5-6, 2-9, 5-6, 5-6, 6-6, 6-5, 4-7, 5-6, no playoffs

blueballs
June 22nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Heussman at Chatty... he has absolutely no excuse for not winning the SoCon and making a deep playoff run if not winning the whole enchilada.

JSUBison
June 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
Lennon at SIU
Maybe Viator at McNeese

Agree, with Lennon feeling the most heat. Saluki fans are not happy with him. Lennon needs to prove Lakes wrong and win without Kill's recruits.

chattownmocs
June 22nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Huesman is in no danger of being fired and has done a nice job of stocking the cupboard and getting the Mocs back to respectability. But he had them back to respectability his first year. After that year it appeared the Mocs would be further along when it comes to results by now but it just has happened yet. But now he has a very talented and fairly experienced roster. As DC Fuller said, anything short of the SOCON title would be a failure in 2012.

That being said. He isn't getting fired anytime soon, so he isn't under the most pressure.

eaglewraith
June 22nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Huesman is in no danger of being fired and has done a nice job of stocking the cupboard and getting the Mocs back to respectability. But he had them back to respectability his first year. After that year it appeared the Mocs would be further along when it comes to results by now but it just has happened yet. But now he has a very talented and fairly experienced roster. As DC Fuller said, anything short of the SOCON title would be a failure in 2012.

That being said. He isn't getting fired anytime soon, so he isn't under the most pressure.

Well good cause he ain't winning the Socon.

chattownmocs
June 22nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Well good cause he ain't winning the Socon.

Maybe not, that being said he has a better chance than anyone else with the POSSIBLE exception of GSU.

chattownmocs
June 22nd, 2012, 12:07 PM
Actually looking at the schedule I would say he has a significantly better chance than Georgia Southern. They will be 4-0 to start conference play but then Wofford, furman, chattanooga, and App State back-to-back-to-back-to-back. Not good for Ya'll. Chattanooga never plays even 2 of those teams in a row.

darell1976
June 22nd, 2012, 12:08 PM
Mussman at UND...if we end up with a 3 win season like in 2010, this coach is gone. Winning record or else he is gone.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Mick Delaney at UM will be crucified if the Griz win less than 9 games. xlolx

Apps03
June 22nd, 2012, 12:46 PM

I apologize if I missed this thread somewhere along the lines but is that Chattanooga's new logo?

chattownmocs
June 22nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
I apologize if I missed this thread somewhere along the lines but is that Chattanooga's new logo?

No that is an alternate logo from 2001-2007.

These are the newest logos from 2008.

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/med/trans/236.gif

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics22/300/OO/OOYEOPEDBATEQZU.20090709201216.jpg

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/PK/PKRUEZWBWQJCICP.20110404184937.jpg

I prefer the previous ones

http://www.warblogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Mocs-logo.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/30/640/thumbs/2814.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/30/640/thumbs/2815.gif

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/30/640/thumbs/et5c0wkxfb7iwfjewxhzh8yee.gif

superman7515
June 22nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
Actually looking at the schedule I would say he has a significantly better chance than Georgia Southern. They will be 4-0 to start conference play but then Wofford, furman, chattanooga, and App State back-to-back-to-back-to-back. Not good for Ya'll. Chattanooga never plays even 2 of those teams in a row.

Holy shiznit! Chattownmocs made a rational, if even still somewhat Chatty-centric, point.

TheDancinMonarch
June 22nd, 2012, 01:09 PM
The Old Dominion staff will not be worried about their jobs but there will be pressure on them to accomplish what was a stated goal when the program restarted. That goal was an FCS Championship and now the administration of ODU has given them a one year window to win that Championship before moving to C-USA. No pressure there for staff or players. xtroublex

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 22nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
I have to think the heat is starting to build on Frank Tavani at Lafayette.

- 6-16 the last two years
- 4 straight losses to Lehigh (5-7 overall against LU)
- Overall losing record after 12 years, 66-69.

MSUDuo
June 22nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
Any jobs on the line to get a winning record or advance further in the playoffs, or just make the playoffs.

Terry Allen at Missouri State should be on his way out if he doesn't pull a rabbit out of his hat this year.

Yeah right...

Bogus Megapardus
June 22nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
I have to think the heat is starting to build on Frank Tavani at Lafayette.

Little if any chance of that, IMHO. Coach T. is very well liked by the fans, players, alums and even faculty. The basis for Lafayette's difficulties over the past couple of season is transparent to people who follow closely and Coach T. has been very forthcoming about the situation. We poke some fun at the guy now and again, but he's our guy.

Most of us (even carney2) see the indications that things are heading in the right direction for Tavani. We also are satisfied that he has a pretty good handle on the scholarship situation. A winning record this season (6-5 or better) and a win over Lehigh and all will be well on Mount St. Frank.

eaglewraith
June 22nd, 2012, 03:43 PM

We've taken the last 2 in a row from Wofford and we have them and App at home. App is never dominant in Paulson.

Robinson won't be surprising us like he did last year. Also, Fowler's staff has got some work to do to learn how to stop us.

I like our chances in all those games.

PaladinFan
June 22nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
We've taken the last 2 in a row from Wofford and we have them and App at home. App is never dominant in Paulson.

Robinson won't be surprising us like he did last year. Also, Fowler's staff has got some work to do to learn how to stop us.

I imagine the Furman/GSU game will be a might bit closer than last season's contest. Frankly, I've seen a bunch of GSU/Furman games, and that was as good as I can remember seeing the Eagles look (and I've seen some pretty good Eagle teams).

I really don't think Fowler will make wholesale changes. He took the same defensive scheme into the Wofford game the week after the debacle in Statesboro, and shut down the Terrier offense. I really think last season's game was just GSU clicking on all cylinders. Not to say Furman's a favorite, but they won't give up 50.

PaladinFan
June 22nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
I've mentioned this before, but I think there has to be some pressure on Pat Sullivan at Samford. He has greatly improved the Bulldogs, but you get the feeling they have kind of flatlined at that "borderline playoff team" level. If you are Samford, can you let go an Alabama football legend who, while a good coach, may not be the guy to get you to the next level?

One guy who is definitely not on the hotseat is Mike Ayers at Wofford. That guy probably has the safest college football job in the country.

asumike83
June 22nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
No jobs are in jeopardy barring a disastrous season but there is certainly pressure on the new ASU staff to perform. Anything less than 9 wins and a good showing in the postseason would have to be considered under performing.

blueballs
June 22nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
I imagine the Furman/GSU game will be a might bit closer than last season's contest. Frankly, I've seen a bunch of GSU/Furman games, and that was as good as I can remember seeing the Eagles look (and I've seen some pretty good Eagle teams).

I really don't think Fowler will make wholesale changes. He took the same defensive scheme into the Wofford game the week after the debacle in Statesboro, and shut down the Terrier offense. I really think last season's game was just GSU clicking on all cylinders. Not to say Furman's a favorite, but they won't give up 50.

Can't disagree with anything there Paladinfan... that afternoon was best case scenario for GSU and worst case for Furman.

You had a couple of bad breaks (the kid losing the ball in the sun in the endzone for one) and it snowballed from there. A few of us oldtimers (Stumpy and Flagman stopped by) at the tailgate were talking after the game and none of us could ever recall either team getting 50 on the other in the history of the rivalry, so that speaks to how much of an anamoly that was.

McNeese75
June 22nd, 2012, 04:52 PM
Lennon at SIU
Maybe Viator at McNeese

xrolleyesx xdontknowx

There better be a fairly significant improvement over 2011 or there could be problems :(

chattownmocs
June 22nd, 2012, 05:30 PM

Even if Georgia Southern is the best team in the SOCON by a fairly significant margin, the chances of them winning all 4 of those games in consecutive weeks are slim to none. It is hard to get up for 2 straight games. It is next to impossible to play close to your best 4 straight games in the regular season. You are going to lose at least 1, probably 2 of those games. 6-2 and 2 might still be good enough. But it is going to come down to a tie at that point, at best. Then it comes down to who you lost 2. The most likely loss there is @Chattanooga in the 3rd of those 4. Chattanooga's schedule sets up almost perfectly for a run at the title even if they aren't the best team. They just have to be one of the best and that schedule can be the difference. So once again, I like Chattanooga's chances better than your's.

FormerPokeCenter
June 22nd, 2012, 07:32 PM
xrolleyesx xdontknowx

There better be a fairly significant improvement over 2011 or there could be problems :(

I don't think Matt's on the hot seat just yet.....but, yeah, 6-5 sucks...

Another season like last year and I think he WOULD be on the hot seat, particularly with the recent facilties upgrades....

Eagle22
June 22nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Even if Georgia Southern is the best team in the SOCON by a fairly significant margin, the chances of them winning all 4 of those games in consecutive weeks are slim to none. It is hard to get up for 2 straight games. It is next to impossible to play close to your best 4 straight games in the regular season. You are going to lose at least 1, probably 2 of those games. 6-2 and 2 might still be good enough. But it is going to come down to a tie at that point, at best. Then it comes down to who you lost 2. The most likely loss there is @Chattanooga in the 3rd of those 4. Chattanooga's schedule sets up almost perfectly for a run at the title even if they aren't the best team. They just have to be one of the best and that schedule can be the difference. So once again, I like Chattanooga's chances better than your's.

I disagree. Of the games, the one @ Chattanooga is the one GSU will most likely be concentrating on. For starters, Monken hasn't won @ Chattanooga as a head coach, and this past season survived an extremely close game at home.

@Citadel and @Furman will likely be the games most prone for GSU suffering a hiccup. We always have tough games in Charleston, and that matchup is early in the season. Furman games are pretty unpredictable, and winning in Greenville is never a given.

underdawg
June 22nd, 2012, 11:05 PM
Lennon at SIU
Maybe Viator at McNeese

Lennon just got a two year extension with one year left. I'd say he has two years to turn it around

GeauxLions94
June 22nd, 2012, 11:59 PM
I don't think Matt's on the hot seat just yet.....but, yeah, 6-5 sucks...

Another season like last year and I think he WOULD be on the hot seat, particularly with the recent facilties upgrades....

Like Coach V and the job he has done at McNeese, but 6-5 just doesn't cut it in Lake Charles. Three of first four games are on the road (all are winnable, but could go other way). Have to play at Sam Houston State and Nicholls (never easy to play in Thibodaux) but good stretch of games at end of season with Nicholls, UTSA and Lamar.

In Southland, first coach on the hot seat I thought of was Peveto (BDP) at Northwestern. Really needs to have a good season in Meatpieland.

McNeese75
June 23rd, 2012, 12:55 AM
Like Coach V and the job he has done at McNeese, but 6-5 just doesn't cut it in Lake Charles. Three of first four games are on the road (all are winnable, but could go other way). Have to play at Sam Houston State and Nicholls (never easy to play in Thibodaux) but good stretch of games at end of season with Nicholls, UTSA and Lamar.

In Southland, first coach on the hot seat I thought of was Peveto (BDP) at Northwestern. Really needs to have a good season in Meatpieland.

I agree, Peveto is probably on the hottest seat in the SLC

Milktruck74
June 23rd, 2012, 08:18 AM
xrolleyesx xdontknowx

But Beat your chest with pride, you're probably going to win the Elimination Game!!!!

CID1990
June 23rd, 2012, 08:38 AM

Hope really does spring eternal in Chatty!

EKU-n-GSU
June 23rd, 2012, 08:43 AM

Amen. Judging from what my son tells me, the strength and speed of this year's GSU team is going to be better that last years on both sides of the ball. My take on McKinnon at QB is that he probably won't take the abuse that Jaybo did the past two years only because he'll be able to outrun it. I also think he has the field smarts to lead the team as well as Jaybo did, too.

CID1990
June 23rd, 2012, 08:50 AM
I disagree. Of the games, the one @ Chattanooga is the one GSU will most likely be concentrating on. For starters, Monken hasn't won @ Chattanooga as a head coach, and this past season survived an extremely close game at home.

@Citadel and @Furman will likely be the games most prone for GSU suffering a hiccup. We always have tough games in Charleston, and that matchup is early in the season. Furman games are pretty unpredictable, and winning in Greenville is never a given.

Well, here's hoping your hiccup occurs in Charleston (we are going to be somewhat better than last year, remains to be seen how much).

If it does happen in Charleston, dont worry about the standings as they will be a wash after Chatty takes a loss there too. Chatty usually has more problems in JHS than GSU/ASU do.

chattownmocs
June 23rd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Well, here's hoping your hiccup occurs in Charleston (we are going to be somewhat better than last year, remains to be seen how much).

If it does happen in Charleston, dont worry about the standings as they will be a wash after Chatty takes a loss there too. Chatty usually has more problems in JHS than GSU/ASU do.

Chattanooga will beat the Citadel like a pinata for 60 minutes. It will most likely end up in the 50 something to single digits range.

cbarrier90
June 23rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Chattanooga will beat the Citadel like a pinata for 60 minutes. It will most likely end up in the 50 something to single digits range.

When is the last time Chattanooga played a game "for 60 minutes?"

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=312740236

http://www.gomocs.com/fls/17700/stats/football/2011/utc1119.htm

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=10577&DB_OEM_ID=17700&ATCLID=204988460

McNeese75
June 23rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
But Beat your chest with pride, you're probably going to win the Elimination Game!!!!

Obviously that is more than you will win this year

chattownmocs
June 23rd, 2012, 11:34 AM

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=10577&DB_OEM_ID=17700&ATCLID=204988460

Cool dude! I didn't know that happened last year. That isn't the exact reason I am predicting a 60 minute slaughtering or anything. Thanks for enlightening me!

Milktruck74
June 23rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
Obviously that is more than you will win this year

Hate all you want.... We will have to see how good the Mocs are this year. As for your Elimination Game Championship, its a good thing the NCAA doesn't investigate such misconduct or they would surely make you forfeit your eventual title.

McNeese75
June 23rd, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hate all you want.... We will have to see how good the Mocs are this year. As for your Elimination Game Championship, its a good thing the NCAA doesn't investigate such misconduct or they would surely make you forfeit your eventual title.

Uhhhhh, I think you are the hater here. Crying because McNeese fans responded to a rally cry on our own message board makes you sound like a whiner from WCU.

Milktruck74
June 23rd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Nope Just know 11 of your posters that voted your way in the last 4 pages of the blog have never posted anything on the AGS blog other than the Elimination game. I applaud you for rallying the troops. I just wish they would actually add something to the board!

Uhhhhh, I think you are the hater here. Crying because McNeese fans responded to a rally cry on our own message board makes you sound like a whiner from WCU.

crossfire07
June 23rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
Nope Just know 11 of your posters that voted your way in the last 4 pages of the blog have never posted anything on the AGS blog other than the Elimination game. I applaud you for rallying the troops. I just wish they would actually add something to the board!

Post a reply to crap like this? I can't say I blame them.

Ivytalk
June 23rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
In the Ivies, I don't think that Princeton coach can afford another 1-win season.

The Eagle's Cliff
June 23rd, 2012, 05:48 PM

Chatty will be either 2-5 or 3-4 when the Eagles arrive at Finley on October 27.

chattownmocs
June 23rd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Chatty will be either 2-5 or 3-4 when the Eagles arrive at Finley on October 27.

And then they will beat your team.

CID1990
June 23rd, 2012, 08:13 PM

The last time there was a "pinata beating" in a UTC-The Citadel game it was the Dogs doing the beating, and it happened in your own stadium (and I'm not talking about last year's win in your house).

You made this same prediction last year, and we still beat you... in your own stadium.... and we weren't even all that good last year. Chatty is 6-6 against El Cid since 2000, and your record in Charleston isn't exactly dominating.

This year will be the first year where all our kids were recruited for the TO. We have a QB competition between 3 very good players, and a very good stable of running backs. We also are much less one-dimensional (which cost us last year, although not against <snorrrt> Chatty).

If Chatty was going to put a beatdown on El Cid it should have been last year.

CID1990
June 23rd, 2012, 08:18 PM

Chatty was the best 1st half football team in the entire world last year.

MSU4ME
June 23rd, 2012, 08:26 PM

10 now?

chattownmocs
June 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
The last time there was a "pinata beating" in a UTC-The Citadel game it was the Dogs doing the beating, and it happened in your own stadium (and I'm not talking about last year's win in your house).

You made this same prediction last year, and we still beat you... in your own stadium.... and we weren't even all that good last year. Chatty is 6-6 against El Cid since 2000, and your record in Charleston isn't exactly dominating.

This year will be the first year where all our kids were recruited for the TO. We have a QB competition between 3 very good players, and a very good stable of running backs. We also are much less one-dimensional (which cost us last year, although not against <snorrrt> Chatty).

If Chatty was going to put a beatdown on El Cid it should have been last year.

You were terrible last year and every year. You aren't going to be good this year or any time soon. Good players do not want to go to Citadel. Chattanooga is going to beat you almost every year, most years it is going to be a blowout. It's really pretty obvious. You may win a game every once in awhile, and you can always remember the time ya'll came back from down 27 at half to win. But the reality is, that the 27-0 is the accurate representation of where these 2 football programs are and will be in the future.

McNeese75
June 23rd, 2012, 10:03 PM

Give them some time. They are new here and hopefully they will stick around and contribute.

GeauxBlue
June 23rd, 2012, 11:06 PM

9?

Brad82
June 24th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Rhody staff will get one year in NEC.

Gil Dobie
June 24th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Mussman at UND...if we end up with a 3 win season like in 2010, this coach is gone. Winning record or else he is gone.

I see a 7-4, 6-2 in the Big Sky. Winning all 4 home games and MSU and EWU losses on the road.

Milktruck74
June 24th, 2012, 09:01 AM
I could see the entire SoCon staying in tact this year.

Moore, Ayers, and Sullivan will all have their spots until THEY decide to go.

Monken has a great team, so baring the worst collapse in FCS history (ex. EWU), he is solid. and even if they collapse he gets a few years based on the last two seasons.

Fowler, Speir, and Swepsen all get a pass for another year or two.

Huesman is solid, we remember how bad it was and the fact that we are competitive in most games, secures him a few more years.

The only question mark is Higgins at the Citadel. If they can pull off 6 wins he is absolutely safe, but beating a team in the top half of the conference is worth bonus points. I've always said you don't get rid of a coach unless you can replace him with someone better. He is a decent coach, and although Charleston is a great city live in, it is hard to win at the Citadel....and anybody you replace him with is using the position to launch themselves into another spot and that requires wins.....so who do you replace him with?

FormerPokeCenter
June 24th, 2012, 10:40 AM

Have you got any pull with the Chatty powers that be? If so, make some calls and let's get a game scheduled. I've pulled a string or two and gotten games made in the past and I'd love to do so again...

Let's get a McNeese/Chattanooga game on the books.

I think we might even be willing to go there first because it would be nice to finally win a game in Finley Stadium ;)

Big Dawg
June 24th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joe Taylor at FAMU: 9-3, 8-3, 8-3, 7-4, no playoffs (0-3 vs SC State)

Donald Hill-Eley at Morgan (but I doubt they care about football): 7-5, 6-5, 5-6, 2-9, 5-6, 5-6, 6-6, 6-5, 4-7, 5-6, no playoffs

Hey...we beat SCSU last season on the road

Milktruck74
June 24th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Have you got any pull with the Chatty powers that be? If so, make some calls and let's get a game scheduled. I've pulled a string or two and gotten games made in the past and I'd love to do so again...

I think we might even be willing to go there first because it would be nice to finally win a game in Finley Stadium ;)

That's probably a match up you don't want. We have been playing pretty strong OOC lately. We nocked off two former NCs last year. In fact we took the OVC Championship last year. Haha. I know our AD pretty well, and well enough to know he would rather play a regional team (JSU, EKU, TTU, UTM, GWU, GaSt) and try and start a little local rivalry or play a Money Game. I wouldn't mind playing a McNeese. It would be another nice stepping stone on our way to rising up, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

FormerPokeCenter
June 24th, 2012, 09:59 PM
That's probably a match up you don't want. .

We'd be more than happy to play you. We're heading to Tennesee on opening day, so the travel isn't an issue ;)

Make some calls! ;)

crossfire07
June 25th, 2012, 08:00 AM

There is one already on the books. I'll give you 1 guess as to who woN

PAllen
June 25th, 2012, 09:29 AM
The only question mark is Higgins at the Citadel.

I'd love to see him back in Bethlehem if you don't want him. The current staff is OK, but Higgins rebuilt the program, won big games AND graduated players. If he wanted the job back, I'd love to see him have it.

CharlestonAppFan
June 25th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I could see the entire SoCon staying in tact this year.

Moore, Ayers, and Sullivan will all have their spots until THEY decide to go.

Monken has a great team, so baring the worst collapse in FCS history (ex. EWU), he is solid. and even if they collapse he gets a few years based on the last two seasons.

Fowler, Speir, and Swepsen all get a pass for another year or two.

Huesman is solid, we remember how bad it was and the fact that we are competitive in most games, secures him a few more years.

The only question mark is Higgins at the Citadel. If they can pull off 6 wins he is absolutely safe, but beating a team in the top half of the conference is worth bonus points. I've always said you don't get rid of a coach unless you can replace him with someone better. He is a decent coach, and although Charleston is a great city live in, it is hard to win at the Citadel....and anybody you replace him with is using the position to launch themselves into another spot and that requires wins.....so who do you replace him with?

I hope Higgins is safe for some time, but for me it's for personal reasons. My 8 month old son's baby sitter is the Citadel's Def Coordinator's wife :) I don't want to have to find another baby sitter as they are quite expensive! xnodx He's done a great job with the defense the past couple of seasons, so I hope they win at least 6 games this year (excluding App of course, he understands xlolx).

TheRevSFA
June 25th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I think Bradley Dale Peveto will be out of a job at NWSULA if they don't win the conference or make playoffs. Dude is 10-23 in 3 years

chattownmocs
June 25th, 2012, 10:44 AM
We'd be more than happy to play you. We're heading to Tennesee on opening day, so the travel isn't an issue ;)

Make some calls! ;)

No you wouldn't. You would never play us. Why would you want an almost certain loss that you would be ridiculed for?

TheRevSFA
June 25th, 2012, 10:48 AM
No you wouldn't. You would never play us. Why would you want an almost certain loss that you would be ridiculed for?

So are you saying it's a loss because Chatty is that good, or because it's McNeese?

Would you say the same thing to NDSU? Sam Houston?

chattownmocs
June 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM
So are you saying it's a loss because Chatty is that good, or because it's McNeese?

Would you say the same thing to NDSU? Sam Houston?

No because McNeese State isn't at that level. Chattanooga would almost certainly beat them this year or in the near future.

PAllen
June 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM
My 8 month old son's baby sitter is the Citadel's Def Coordinator's wife

I read that as "sister", not "sitter", and man did I have to look at that a few times.

FormerPokeCenter
June 25th, 2012, 10:54 AM
No because McNeese State isn't at that level. Chattanooga would almost certainly beat them this year or in the near future.

There's only one way to find out...

I musta missed the memo that detailed Chattanooga's ascendancy to 5-6 moved them to the top of the FCS world.

Did I sleep through a National Title run or something????

Redbirdz
June 25th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Chatty will lose to Jacksonville State.

chattownmocs
June 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Chatty will lose to Jacksonville State.

Chattanooga is significantly superior to Jacksonville State. I have no fear of that team whatsoever. Chattanooga's offensive line was poor by SOCON standards and they still pushed Jacksonville State around. Mocs should win that one BIG.

chattownmocs
June 25th, 2012, 11:02 AM
There's only one way to find out...

I musta missed the memo that detailed Chattanooga's ascendancy 5-6 moved them to the top of the FCS world.

Did I sleep through a National Title run or something????

I see that you guys had a better record last year against an inferior schedule. but I don't really see the competitive results against good teams. I have a feeling that you are on about Elon, Samford, or the Citadel's level. Yes I know the Citadel beat Chattanooga, anything can happen. Chances are you would lose though.

Sammy94
June 25th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Elon, Samford, or the Citadel's level

I'll talk a lot of smack about the Cowboys, but I would rather see any of these then face McNeese. Maybe you should ask Appy State who they would rather face?

chattownmocs
June 25th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I'll talk a lot of smack about the Cowboys, but I would rather see any of these then face McNeese. Maybe you should ask Appy State who they would rather face?

If they weren't so delusional they would tell you that they would rather face McNeese if they were looking for a win in the immediate future. That being said, they are still living a few year in the past just like Mcneese fans.

FormerPokeCenter
June 25th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I have a feeling that you are on about Elon, Samford, or the Citadel's level.

Pssssssssssssstt........I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Chatty was a middle of the pack Socon team...you lost more games than you won.

You don't get to have a losing record and talk smack. That's not how it works ;)

I think the official smack rulebook indicates that you have to be at LEAST playing .500 ball before you can legitimately talk smack.

Listen, I understand that 13 National Championship rings were awarded in Flnely Stadium. However, none of them were given to the Mocs ;)

chattownmocs
June 25th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Pssssssssssssstt........I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Chatty was a middle of the pack Socon team...you lost more games than you won.

You don't get to have a losing record and talk smack. That's not how it works ;)

I think the official smack rulebook indicates that you have to be at LEAST playing .500 ball before you can legitimately talk smack.

Listen, I understand that 13 National Championship rings were awarded in Flnely Stadium. However, none of them were given to the Mocs ;)

Sioux Falls
Southeastern
Northwestern State
Nicholls State
San Antonio
Lamar

Wow epic, sounds like great trash talk material. My bad all those games ya'll got ran in don't matter because you have all these great wins.

FormerPokeCenter
June 25th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Sioux Falls
Southeastern
Northwestern State
Nicholls State
San Antonio
Lamar

Wow epic, sounds like great trash talk material. My bad all those games ya'll got ran in don't matter because you have all these great wins.

And yet you're STILL a middle of the pack SoCon team....

chattownmocs
June 25th, 2012, 12:05 PM
And yet you're STILL a middle of the pack SoCon team....

You aren't a middle of the pack...uhhhh..what's your conference again?

crossfire07
June 25th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Sioux Falls
Southeastern
Northwestern State
Nicholls State
San Antonio
Lamar

How many seasons does it take the mocs to win that many games? I believe if App wanted an easy game to win they would look in their backyard at your .400+ team.They have already looked to us.

Mattymc727
June 25th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I would throw Sean Mcdonnell's name out there. His job is obviously not in jeopardy and he is arguably the best coach UNH has ever had. However, with the CAA future crumbling and the teams recent success, many of us UNH fans are salivating at a deeper playoff run than the quarterfinals and maybe even a title to push us into the FCS elite. Sooner rather than later. Mcdonnell is a miracle worker considering the facilities hes had and the lack of support from the state, however, he has the tools to win a title and its ultimately up to coaching to get us on top. I might take heat from other UNH fans on this post but whatever, makes some interesting discussion...

McNeese75
June 25th, 2012, 03:08 PM
You aren't a middle of the pack...uhhhh..what's your conference again?

Gotta love a Chatty fan with an Alligator mouth and an Mockingbird *** (to quote a former McNeese Coach). Of course ASU and GSU have to listen to this stuff every year up until they beat em.

CID1990
June 25th, 2012, 03:13 PM
You were terrible last year and every year. You aren't going to be good this year or any time soon. Good players do not want to go to Citadel. Chattanooga is going to beat you almost every year, most years it is going to be a blowout. It's really pretty obvious. You may win a game every once in awhile, and you can always remember the time ya'll came back from down 27 at half to win. But the reality is, that the 27-0 is the accurate representation of where these 2 football programs are and will be in the future.

Everyone is still waiting with baited breath for this era of dominance to begin.

You're still just .500 against us since 2000, and in that time we have had some pretty bad teams.

You might want to try to make your claims against some non-D1 teams, like Carson Newm... oops nevermind

GeauxLions94
June 26th, 2012, 10:01 PM

Oh yeah! (says the team that can't beat App, but McNeese did a couple of years ago ... in Boone xwhistlex xwhistlex)

xhomerx

Milktruck74
June 27th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Oh yeah! (says the team that can't beat App, but McNeese did a couple of years ago ... in Boone xwhistlex xwhistlex)

xhomerx

As much as I hate to defend Chattown, your argument is supporting his claim of MSU living in the past. I realize Chattanooga hasn't had their Break-out season. We aren't there yet, but we are building. The program hit an all time low when we lost 11 games and lost to a d2 opponent. We have come a long way since then and we are on the rise. We continue to get better every year and are competitive with most opponents. There is no such thing as a stagnant team, you are either getting better or worse and I'd much rather be part of the crowd that has it's best days ahead and not behind.

crossfire07
June 27th, 2012, 08:07 AM
As much as I hate to defend Chattown, your argument is supporting his claim of MSU living in the past. I realize Chattanooga hasn't had their Break-out season. We aren't there yet, but we are building. The program hit an all time low when we lost 11 games and lost to a d2 opponent. We have come a long way since then and we are on the rise. We continue to get better every year and are competitive with most opponents. There is no such thing as a stagnant team, you are either getting better or worse and I'd much rather be part of the crowd that has it's best days ahead and not behind.

On the rise...... Blah blah blah. You are all mouth dude. You sit here and hammer a team for winning 6 games when it takes you 4 ****ing years to win that many so until you ARE competitive, just STFU! You don't have the room to talk down any school.

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2012, 08:11 AM
On the rise...... Blah blah blah. You are all mouth dude. You sit here and hammer a team for winning 6 games when it takes you 4 ****ing years to win that many so until you ARE competitive, just STFU! You don't have the room to talk down any school.

It's amazing how they challenge fans of another school to magically create a series so "they can get a win" in Finley stadium, and then cry when it is pointed out that they probably wouldn't get that elusive win.

FormerPokeCenter
June 27th, 2012, 08:52 AM
It's amazing how they challenge fans of another school to magically create a series so "they can get a win" in Finley stadium, and then cry when it is pointed out that they probably wouldn't get that elusive win.

Nobody's crying...he just pointed out that there's NOTHING objective in the supposition that you'd win....nothing...except the stratospheric sandcastles you delusional Mockingbirds are creating in your mind's eye....

Seriously, if you've got some pull, make some calls. Football's cyclical. McNeese may have an average year or two occasionally, but historically, that's not the norm for us. For you, an average year seems to be the high water mark.

When we speak about objective issues, we point to a body of work. You don't have one, so I understand your propensity to hope and dream....

Let me know when you've either done something of note on the field or you'd like to work on making a game happen. Until then, the lot of you feather-brained Chatty fans are worthy of your Mockingbird mascot. All beak and no gizzard....

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Nobody's crying...he just pointed out that there's NOTHING objective in the supposition that you'd win....nothing...except the stratospheric sandcastles you delusional Mockingbirds are creating in your mind's eye....

Seriously, if you've got some pull, make some calls. Football's cyclical. McNeese may have an average year or two occasionally, but historically, that's not the norm for us. For you, an average year seems to be the high water mark.

When we speak about objective issues, we point to a body of work. You don't have one, so I understand your propensity to hope and dream....

Let me know when you've either done something of note on the field or you'd like to work on making a game happen. Until then, the lot of you feather-brained Chatty fans are worthy of your Mockingbird mascot. All beak and no gizzard....

There is nothing absolutely objective that would say who would win the game. Nothing. The fact that the best you can come with a game in which Mcneese State beat Appalachian State 3 years ago pretty much proves that. The bottom line is that you haven't done any more than Chattanooga the past few years, in fact you have probably done less by a SUBJECTIVE common sense comparison. The fact that you seem to think that you can pick who Mcneese State plays is absolutely the height of delusion. Your team is not very good right now, they would not be expected to win at Finley Stadium against a very recent, current, or Immediate future Chattanooa Mocs football team. At least not by anyone who has been paying close attention.

Apphole
June 27th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I'd take UTC if this game happened this year, but just because of the strength of the SoCon. On the other hand, McNeese is a winning program and they have been for a while. UTC JUST passed the thresh-hold out of suckdom. With Nooga's propensity to choke every game away they possibly can, it really could go either way. Of course, I'll be pulling for the Cowboys.

I hope the two teams do well enough this year to see a UTC/McNeese playoff game this year! Winner travels to the Rock for an *** beating.

SpeedkingATL
June 27th, 2012, 09:34 AM
It's already been mentioned but I've got to think that Pat Sullivan at Samford has to be feeling the heat. They entered the SoCon and performed much better than expected and 4 years ago had a very good young team. It appears they have regrested year after year and their offensive game plans in the App games I saw were almost as boring...............as Apps the last couple of years. I know Sullivan is an icon in the state of Alabama but still........

GlassOnion
June 27th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I absolutely dread the Samford game. Its SOO boring to me. They did have a couple pretty good teams, and theyre capable of pulling an upset or two, making them dangerous, but my goodness, I just cant get "up" for that game. ESPECIALLY in Birmingham.

crossfire07
June 27th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Only one person has spoke of getting a series with that.400 team. There is absolutely no reason McNeese should worry about losing that game. They have already beat them once and that program has gone to the tank since. McNeese afraid of losing to a FCS school that gets their *** kicked by a D2 school? Hardly. Hell, you can't win in Finley stadium.

FormerPokeCenter
June 27th, 2012, 10:12 AM
The fact that you seem to think that you can pick who Mcneese State plays is absolutely the height of delusion. Your team is not very good right now, they would not be expected to win at Finley Stadium against a very recent, current, or Immediate future Chattanooa Mocs football team. At least not by anyone who has been paying close attention.

Delusion? I've had a direct hand in getting games made. That's not a debatable point.

While you may not have any ability to get anything done with your school of choice, that's not the case in Lake Charles.

As to the rest of your dreck, McNeese finished 6-5, losing to two playoff teams (including the FCS runnerup) a BCS team, an FBS in transition and a team that made a deep run in the playoffs the year before.

You lost to a BCS team, two playoff squads, a 4-7, a 6-5, plus Furman and Wofford.

That's not really the signature sign of separation you think it is...

Seriously...make some calls! ;)

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Only one person has spoke of getting a series with that.400 team. There is absolutely no reason McNeese should worry about losing that game. They have already beat them once and that program has gone to the tank since. McNeese afraid of losing to a FCS school that gets their *** kicked by a D2 school? Hardly. Hell, you can't win in Finley stadium.

I don't really understand what is so hard to understand about this. I guess I need to yell. MCNEESE AND CHATTANOOGA ARE NOT IN THE SAME SHAPE AS THEY WERE 3,4, OR 5 YEARS AGO.

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Delusion? I've had a direct hand in getting games made. That's not a debatable point.

While you may not have any ability to get anything done with your school of choice, that's not the case in Lake Charles.

As to the rest of your dreck, McNeese finished 6-5, losing to two playoff teams (including the FCS runnerup) a BCS team, an FBS in transition and a team that made a deep run in the playoffs the year before.

You lost to a BCS team, two playoff squads, a 4-7, a 6-5, plus Furman and Wofford.

That's not really the signature sign of separation you think it is...

Seriously...make some calls! ;)

Mcneese got their asses whipped by anyone on their schedule that was worth a damn. At least Chattanooga beat a couple of playoff teams and all of their FCS losses came down the final minutes. Chattanooga also returns 17 starters as well. Next year they will probably have 19 of those back. You do not want to play Chattanooga anytime soon.

FormerPokeCenter
June 27th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Mcneese got their asses whipped by anyone on their schedule that was worth a damn. At least Chattanooga beat a couple of playoff teams and all of their FCS losses came down the final minutes. Chattanooga also returns 17 starters as well. Next year they will probably have 19 of those back. You do not want to play Chattanooga anytime soon.

We played the 2001 Miami Hurricanes and the 2010 LSU Tigers. We're not worried about your all beak and no gizzard Mockingbirds...

You're nearly as bad as the Georgia State fans.....which playoff teams did you beat??

chattownmocs
June 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
We played the 2001 Miami Hurricanes and the 2010 LSU Tigers. We're not worried about your all beak and no gizzard Mockingbirds...

You're nearly as bad as the Georgia State fans.....which playoff teams did you beat??

My bad, only Eastern Kentucky. Jacksonville State didn't get into the playoffs. Nevertheless, I wouldn't think that a dangerous team that hasn't really accomplished anything would be the ideal opponent for such an esteemed power like Mcneese State. Maybe you think Chattanooga has no chance of beating Mcneese. If that is the case then you are a punk for trying to schedule easy wins. BTW, we played the 09 Alabama Criminal Tide and the 10 Auburn Cash Money Tigers. I guess we shouldn't be scared of the Cowgirls either.

Sammy94
June 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM
xpopcornxxpopcornxxpopcornx

crossfire07
June 27th, 2012, 12:05 PM
My bad, only Eastern Kentucky. Jacksonville State didn't get into the playoffs. Nevertheless, I wouldn't think that a dangerous team that hasn't really accomplished anything would be the ideal opponent for such an esteemed power like Mcneese State. Maybe you think Chattanooga has no chance of beating Mcneese. If that is the case then you are a punk for trying to schedule easy wins. BTW, we played the 09 Alabama Criminal Tide and the 10 Auburn Cash Money Tigers. I guess we shouldn't be scared of the Cowgirls either.
So what was the Mocks biggest lead of those 2 games or did y'all even ever lead? Those cowgirls you speak of lead LSU 7-0 in Tiger Stadium.

ASUMountaineer
June 27th, 2012, 01:27 PM

Thanks for answering the question.

Which Coaching Staff will be under the MOST pressure to win in FCS This Year?