PDA

View Full Version : EWU to install new video scoreboards for FB & BB

Screamin_Eagle174
June 22nd, 2012, 01:05 AM
This has been rumored for the last couple years, now it's finally coming to fruition! xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

State-of-the-art video scoreboards will be installed at both Roos Field and Reese Court, a university official told The Spokesman-Review late Thursday night.

“It took a lot of perseverence and a lot of teamwork,” said Mike Westfall, vice president for university advancement and executive director of the EWU Foundation, the nonprofit corporation which will take the leading role in managing the project.

“It is certainly a long time coming,” said Athletic Director Bill Chaves. “There’s an expectation that fans have when they go to games, and this will add to the experience for our current fan base, and hopefully new fans, to what I think is a tremendous product as it is. This just enhances the product.”

The football scoreboard is expected to be completed well before the Eagles’ home opener on Sept. 29 against Montana, and will be “very proportionate to the size of Roos Field,” Chaves said.

“I’ve been in stadiums where you wish it was a little bigger,” Chaves said. “But we’re not going to have that issue at all.”

Read more at: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/jun/21/eastern-announces-new-video-scoreboards/

ursus arctos horribilis
June 22nd, 2012, 01:31 AM
Excellent, congrats EWU that should be cool. I can just see Blackfalkin' doing cartwheels right now.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 22nd, 2012, 01:38 AM
Excellent, congrats EWU that should be cool. I can just see Blackfalkin' doing cartwheels right now.

I'm sensing a Big Sky Stadium Improvements thread sometime in the next week dogging on SUU, UNC and ISU. Check that sig ya bastards. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
June 22nd, 2012, 06:18 AM
This has been rumored for the last couple years, now it's finally coming to fruition! xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Both will be constructed by Daktronics, one of the nation’s leading scoreboard manufacturers.

Of Course. Smart Choice

MplsBison
June 22nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
Daktronics has a competitor? At least, for college football.

News to me.

slostang
June 22nd, 2012, 07:38 AM
I'm sensing a Big Sky Stadium Improvements thread sometime in the next week dogging on SUU, UNC and ISU. Check that sig ya bastards. :D

SUU has a great video score board.

I look forward to seeing EWU's Nov. 3rd. Congrats.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 22nd, 2012, 07:40 AM
SUU has a great video score board.

I take it you haven't read Black Falkin's threads on stadium upgrades? xlolx

slostang
June 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
I take it you haven't read Black Falkin's threads on stadium upgrades? xlolx

I try to avoid them. :)

Screamin_Eagle174
June 22nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
I try to avoid them. :)

xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
June 22nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
http://www.goeags.com/sports/ART-PHOTOS/EWU-FootballScoreboardWeb.jpg?max_width=415

Will be in by September 1st.

MplsBison
June 22nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Looks about like what many FCS teams have built in the last 10 years or so.

They really do greatly enhance the gameday experience, even at these smaller FCS stadiums. Looks great.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 22nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
Per a "VERY reliable source," board will be the same size as WSU's, but higher resolution.

http://www.daktronics.com/Photos/2008/October/10/WP-13400_DD1436707.jpg

Also,

-It will have a built in speaker system with a MONSTER speaker on top.
-There will be 3 HD cameras strategically hard wired in to get best angles.
-It will be installed inside the track thus closer to the fans in the stands.

TboneCat
June 22nd, 2012, 01:56 PM
Will putting it inside the track make it harder to bring in extra seating?

RabidRabbit
June 22nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Both will be constructed by Daktronics, one of the nation’s leading scoreboard manufacturers.

Of Course. Smart Choice

Have many fellow Rabbit fans and Alums that work for Daktronics, and Brookings leading employer thanks EWU! xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
June 22nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
Will putting it inside the track make it harder to bring in extra seating?

I don't imagine so. There's a lot of room between the track and field in that endzone, and the temp seating that we use in that endzone for the Montana games doesn't take up a whole lot of space. I don't see them putting right at the edge of the field.

http://web.ewu.edu/groups/athletics/facilities/RoosSkyShot.jpg

The only concern I would have is how much it would cost to move it if/when Project Gateway comes to fruition, because that calls for the track to be relocated. Unless they're planning on lowering the field and adding more seating that way instead of just moving it over closer to the stands.

ALPHAGRIZ1
June 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
Way to keep up with the local high schools! You guys are really building a solid thing there in Cheney baby steps and no gimmicks has done you well........

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Screamin_Eagle174
June 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Way to keep up with the local high schools! You guys are really building a solid thing there in Cheney baby steps and no gimmicks has done you well........

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Only took the Griz what, like 25+ years to get lights? Way to keep up with the local high schools! Go rape yourself. xcoffeex

clawman
June 29th, 2012, 11:37 PM
xlolx
Only took the Griz what, like 25+ years to get lights? Way to keep up with the local high schools! Go rape yourself. xcoffeex

Good One SE, love it!!!xlolx

MTfan4life
June 29th, 2012, 11:48 PM

Roos has trouble having enough seats for city council meetings and you're bashing U of M for lights?

NoCoDanny
June 30th, 2012, 07:22 PM
We're trying to build tradition with our scoreboard technology, the tradition being the use of electronics from the 1950's.

Gringer1
June 30th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I heard that, in a move intended to create recognition, the new scoreboard will only display the color red. Having a video board of solid red will be a huge advantage in recruiting and institutional notoriety.