PDA

View Full Version : GPI to be retired!!

bluehenbillk
June 21st, 2012, 01:20 PM
Well with the GPI's big brother, the BCS formula, being declared terminally ill now, due to expire in December of 2013, it's time for FCS to man up as well, and realize the system that has been year-in, year-out proven inferior to the AGS Poll needs to go.

Football isn't determined by computers, it's determined on the gridiron. I'd say the system served its purpose, but that would just be lying.

BCS = dead, GPI = dead as well

xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxs mileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmi leyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmile yclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

UNH Fanboi
June 21st, 2012, 01:27 PM
Computers are still a useful tool. I would be willing to bet that Sagarin would be better at predicting the outcome of any given game than the NCAA selection committee.

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 21st, 2012, 01:29 PM
Don't count on it. GPI will still be used to determine at-large bids in all divisions.

bluehenbillk
June 21st, 2012, 01:42 PM
Don't count on it. GPI will still be used to determine at-large bids in all divisions.

Uh..dude it's solely a FCS creation...news travels slow in Georgia I reckon.

Professor Chaos
June 21st, 2012, 01:56 PM
I would be bummed if the GPI went away. Watching CSNInfo try to policitician himself out of answering danefan's questions last year on the difference between the publicized GPI and the modified GPI the playoff committee uses was great entertainment.

GannonFan
June 21st, 2012, 01:58 PM
I would be bummed if the GPI went away. Watching CSNInfo try to policitician himself out of answering danefan's questions last year on the difference between the publicized GPI and the modified GPI the playoff committee uses was great entertainment.

I agree - watching GPI proponents try to justify the thing is a ritual of the football season - you just never know what whacky idea they'll come with next.

superman7515
June 21st, 2012, 02:23 PM

It was pretty amusing. Half of the time they weren't even answers and were worded in such a way to attempt to make people believe it was some sort of automated response, which wouldn't have made any sense anyway.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?94676-NCAA-to-Once-Again-Use-CSN-s-GPI-lt-begins-next-week/page6

Bumped that up for ya.

danefan
June 21st, 2012, 04:07 PM
Now what am I going to do during the in-season mid-week?