PDA

View Full Version : MAAC/NEC Football

Salty Dog
June 23rd, 2006, 06:23 PM
MAAC/NEC Football is in trouble. They are both losing teams. I think it is time to form a new Football only conference that could include: Duquesne, Iona, LaSalle, Marist, St.Peter's, Monmouth, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart, St.Francis and Wagner. 10 similar schools that would be very competive. This could become a premier Mid-Major conference instead of two mediocre confereces. It would help recruiting. Travel would be reasonable.

mainejeff
June 23rd, 2006, 06:51 PM
MAAC/NEC Football is in trouble. They are both losing teams. I think it is time to form a new Football only conference that could include: Duquesne, Iona, LaSalle, Marist, St.Peter's, Monmouth, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart, St.Francis and Wagner. 10 similar schools that would be very competive. This could become a premier Mid-Major conference instead of two mediocre confereces. It would help recruiting. Travel would be reasonable.

A football only conference for non-sholarship I-AA teams in the Northeast sounds like a great idea.

blukeys
June 23rd, 2006, 10:05 PM

I like the idea of one quality conference. I'm not sure Monmouth is totally in the non scollie camp. I also wonder about Dequesne and RMU's future. But I have to agree one good conference is better than 2 bad ones. That being said Lasalle makes any conference bad. xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod:

June 24th, 2006, 12:52 AM
MAAC/NEC Football is in trouble. They are both losing teams...??? Who is the MAAC losing? Has anyone announced? I know that Stony Brook announced for the NEC. Hard to blend the two together when the MAAC doesn't allow schollies/grants and the NEC does.

faxjusfax
June 24th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I like the idea of one quality conference. I'm not sure Monmouth is totally in the non scollie camp. I also wonder about Dequesne and RMU's future. But I have to agree one good conference is better than 2 bad ones. That being said Lasalle makes any conference bad. xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod:

Your on the right track about one good conference, and that Monmouth may not be a fit. I think they are on their way up the IAA ladder in the next 3-4 years.

I think Wagner, SFU, RMU, Sacred Heart went along grudgingly into the scholarship direction of the NEC pushed by the public schools of Stony Brook, Albany, and CCSU. After Stony Brook, and probably Albany & CCSU bolt the NEC, I wonder if these smaller private schools will rethink the scholarship decision? If so, this one good non-scholly conference may be a reality.

Lastly, it's interesting to me how some Delaware fans are going out of their way to smack on La Salle. Why slum when we are in different football worlds?