PDA

View Full Version : Please vote against McNeese

Horseshoe App
June 16th, 2012, 07:12 PM
For everyone who is not a McNeese fan, please go to the Smack Forum and vote against them on the Elimination Game. They have everyone outnumbered 2 to 1. All of the other teams have no chance. App is already eliminated. I just really want to see them lose.:)

HailSzczur
June 16th, 2012, 07:15 PM
For the record most of the teams you might hate to support: NDSU, GSU, App, JMU, Delaware, Montana, and many others are also out so don't worry about having to support them either.

frozennorth
June 16th, 2012, 07:22 PM
mcneese needs somewhere to win, might as will be in some thread on an internet message board

ursus arctos horribilis
June 16th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Man, you guys are terrible at cloak & dagger type stuff with this game. This is exactly the same thing that happened in 2008 with that game when NDSU put together a good strategy on their home board and that was an epic battle my friend with an amazing amount of "making friends" and so forth to battle the influx.

We never just put it out in the open for everyone to see though. At least the guy doing it has his team already out of the game so no harm there.

All the same arguments that I've checked in on are the same ones that were had back then. It's pretty funny how wrapped up in you can get. Ah, now that I think about it there may have even been a couple of these "Please vote against NDSU threads".

Always a great source of drama and a beauty of a smack thread.:D

Horseshoe App
June 16th, 2012, 07:35 PM
And I can't spell please:)

Man, you guys are terrible at cloak & dagger type stuff with this game. This is exactly the same thing that happened in 2008 with that game when NDSU put together a good strategy on their home board and that was an epic battle my friend with an amazing amount of "making friends" and so forth to battle the influx.

We never just put it out in the open for everyone to see though. At least the guy doing it has his team already out of the game so no harm there.

All the same arguments that I've checked in on are the same ones that were had back then. It's pretty funny how wrapped up in you can get. Ah, now that I think about it there may have even been a couple of these "Please vote against NDSU threads".

Always a great source of drama and a beauty of a smack thread.:D

The Cats
June 16th, 2012, 07:44 PM
They have everyone outnumbered 2 to 1.

They have everyone outnumbered, because they have multiple names registered from each IP address.

They claim it's their spouse, children, etc. - yeah, sure.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 16th, 2012, 07:52 PM
They have everyone outnumbered, because they have multiple names registered from each IP address.

That was not started by the McNeese guys so if you guys want to play that way then do so but don't bitch about it when it gets turned back on each other. I would have been fine fixing it but some of you went vigilante and started that crap so now you have to live by it.

I'm not saying it's you personally The Cats but it is from your side of the aisle as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 16th, 2012, 07:52 PM
And I can't spell please:)

Now you can.

HailSzczur
June 16th, 2012, 07:53 PM

I think its embarrassing that you're letting you temper tantrum carry over into the discussion thread.

The Cats
June 16th, 2012, 08:00 PM
You know there is only one name registered to my IP address, and that is The Cats.

I never went vigilante about anything, just pointing out folks that are registering multiple accounts from one IP address. If someone else that also opposes the McCheaters State did the same thing, they are just as wrong as the McCheaters State fan - I had nothing to do with that nor no knowledge that is was going on.

I don't have a "side" as you call it, just trying to get a "wrong" corrected. After all, it's only a game, and I will not cheat to win a game. But, there should be only one vote, per IP address.

The Cats
June 16th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I think its embarrassing that you're letting you temper tantrum carry over into the discussion thread.

No temper here, and I did not start this thread, I only posted to it. You don't like it, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else, I just stated my opinion. But I guess this is not a free country any more, so you can't do that.

I'm not embarrassed, so why are you?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 16th, 2012, 08:27 PM
You know there is only one name registered to my IP address, and that is The Cats.

I never went vigilante about anything, just pointing out folks that are registering multiple accounts from one IP address. If someone else that also opposes the McCheaters State did the same thing, they are just as wrong as the McCheaters State fan - I had nothing to do with that nor no knowledge that is was going on.

I don't have a "side" as you call it, just trying to get a "wrong" corrected. After all, it's only a game, and I will not cheat to win a game. But, there should be only one vote, per IP address.

I said it wasn't you specifically. You did see that right? If so you sorta wasted that one. You are on one side of the battle, and McNeese is on the other. So whether you see it or not there are sides here. Someone from your side of the battle started that crap and unfortunately now you have to live with it.

Now if both sides agreed to stop the crap and play it fair I'd help make sure there was only one from each IP. To be honest though I ain't gonna let a smack thread take up any of my time so what you got is what y'all made it yourselves.

Glad you had integrity and did not turn into the pile of manure it is now but that doesn't change it. That's sort of what smack threads are all about anyway.

McNeese75
June 16th, 2012, 08:37 PM
This is too funny

crossfire07
June 17th, 2012, 08:06 AM
mcneese needs somewhere to win, might as will be in some thread on an internet message board

That is pretty funny.I don't see your school rushing to do a home and home for 2 easy wins.

Gil Dobie
June 17th, 2012, 08:27 AM
That is pretty funny.I don't see your school rushing to do a home and home for 2 easy wins.

All that matters to us is that when you show up for a game it's in Fargo and not Grand Forks by mistake. ;)

crossfire07
June 17th, 2012, 08:32 AM
No temper here, and I did not start this thread, I only posted to it. You don't like it, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else, I just stated my opinion. But I guess this is not a free country any more, so you can't do that.

I'm not embarrassed, so why are you?

This is a by product of what you started on the smack thread.If I was you, I could not show my face at a tailgate much less go to a game out of fear for getting my *** kicked by other members for getting on a message board crying like a little bitch draped in my schools logo about what other people are doing but since you would only have 1 person to fight it is a risk worth taking.

crossfire07
June 17th, 2012, 08:36 AM
All that matters to us is that when you show up for a game it's in Fargo and not Grand Forks by mistake. ;)

If the check is in Fargo, that is where we are going :)

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 17th, 2012, 08:46 AM
In future elimination threads, you can make a rule that you have to have at least 100 posts to play. If there's no problem policing people using creative math, policing that shouldn't be a problem.

813Jag
June 17th, 2012, 08:49 AM
I voted for McNeese, sorry everybody..........

NoDak 4 Ever
June 17th, 2012, 09:01 AM

You forget that Gene would only do a H&A against a team that was on the same level as NDSU.

McNeese72
June 17th, 2012, 09:21 AM
That was not started by the McNeese guys so if you guys want to play that way then do so but don't bitch about it when it gets turned back on each other. I would have been fine fixing it but some of you went vigilante and started that crap so now you have to live by it.

I'm not saying it's you personally The Cats but it is from your side of the aisle as well.

Most all of the McNeese votes were legit due to some great recruiting on our message board by Jay (FormerPokerCenter). And, yes, we do have a lot of husband and wife fans that post on our messageboard. That was until WCU got eliminated, we got accused of cheating, and all sorts of new bogus looking names (my favorite is the one with McNeese in it that the capitalization of McNeese is wrong) started popping up after that voting against us. I can't vouch that all of the McNeese names after that are legit. Most of them are, like WCFIELDS, but some might not be.

If you want to go by IP addresses, that is fine with me. I don't think it will hurt McNeese as bad as it would hurt that 12-14 bogus names voting against us.

Doc

MSUtailgater
June 17th, 2012, 10:52 AM
You forget that Gene would only do a H&A against a team that was on the same level as NDSU.

You had rather play the likes of Robert Morris and Prairie View at home.

crossfire07
June 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM

You have to remember that they just won a NC so they have posters that think they are above everyone else.Every school has them.I promise you he was not so arrogant after their 2009 season.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 17th, 2012, 11:24 AM

Gene Taylor's main scheduling priorities are: 6 home games and all DI competition.

What's a McMurry?

You have to remember that they just won a NC so they have posters that think they are above everyone else.Every school has them.I promise you he was not so arrogant after their 2009 season.

1-0 in NC games. What does the runner up get?

crossfire07
June 17th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Gene Taylor's main scheduling priorities are: 6 home games and all DI competition.

What's a McMurry?

1-0 in NC games. What does the runner up get?
Same thing the winner gets at the beginning of the next season, not a damn thing. That NC is for the history books. McNeese would not play the likes of McMurry if other FCS schools wanted to play.Out of all the schools in our state, none will play us.McNeese would drop them like a hot rock if someone called up for a game. They did it for the 2009 season to go play at App State. My hat goes off to them for having the balls to schedule a football game for their home opener instead of having a McMurry or Prairie View.

cbarrier90
June 17th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Same thing the winner gets at the beginning of the next season, not a damn thing. That NC is for the history books. McNeese would not play the likes of McMurry if other FCS schools wanted to play.Out of all the schools in our state, none will play us.McNeese would drop them like a hot rock if someone called up for a game. They did it for the 2009 season to go play at App State. My hat goes off to them for having the balls to schedule a football game for their home opener instead of having a McMurry or Prairie View.

My first App game as a student...xsmhx

In all honesty though, that game was more enjoyable than 10 games against MEAC schools where the game is over by halftime. One could argue that that loss helped ASU shore up secondary weaknesses exposed by Todd Pendland catching simple screen passes for 50 yards every 3rd offensive play.

That year, ASU was thisclose to going to the national championship. The next two seasons, playing cupcake DIs OOC, they were blown out at home in the playoffs. Yes, the quality of the team takes the brunt of the blame, but I think scheduling Top 25s is also a factor. I'm excited that we are finally getting back to that mentality, and I can't wait to return the favor in Lake Charles. xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
June 17th, 2012, 04:49 PM

Home OOC games are supposed to set you up nicely for a grueling conference schedule, which NDSU has in the MVFC. The competition comes in the form of the FBS teams, along with a little revenue.

Somehow, like I said, I think our AD has a pretty good plan.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 17th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Home OOC games are supposed to set you up nicely for a grueling conference schedule, which NDSU has in the MVFC. The competition comes in the form of the FBS teams, along with a little revenue.

Somehow, like I said, I think our AD has a pretty good plan.

The funny thing is that The Griz used to be just flat lambasted by Bison fans for this exact same thing that NDSU now follows. I know it was not you and don't believe you would have been one that didn't see the value in doing what our AD was with scheduling.

Those NDSU guys with the overly informed opinions back then sure don't seem to be beating up NDSU now for it and wanting the home games for the fans and the money etc.

If you can capitalize on your own fanbase then why wouldn't you give yourself the best chance to get in the playoffs. The criticism of going about it the way UM or NDSU does is just flat out foolish. The simplest way to measure your dick in this case is look at who got in and who won. Any other measure is just a way to make yourself feel better.

Right now, anything you are laying on the table is shorter than NDSU's and that's just a fact.

TheRevSFA
June 17th, 2012, 09:43 PM
What's funny is that I GAVE the people bitching some proof via the McNeese fan board (which btw can you guys get off of Delphi into a real forum?) and no one went to look

It's a ****ing game. What does mcneese get if they win? Nothing. What does WCU get for being knocked out? Nothing...except AGS is blessed with whining from multiple sides

Let's play another game. Call it "AGS jeopardy"

"uh..I'll take 'whiny bitches for 400 Alex"

"This person in a month has become more of a cry baby than LakesBison"

"who is The Cats?"

"Correct!"

Look, I know SFA isn't long to last on there but truly when we get voted out, I'll vote for someone else. I did it last year

FormerPokeCenter
June 17th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Most all of the McNeese votes were legit due to some great recruiting on our message board by Jay (FormerPokerCenter). And, yes, we do have a lot of husband and wife fans that post on our messageboard. That was until WCU got eliminated, we got accused of cheating, and all sorts of new bogus looking names (my favorite is the one with McNeese in it that the capitalization of McNeese is wrong) started popping up after that voting against us. I can't vouch that all of the McNeese names after that are legit. Most of them are, like WCFIELDS, but some might not be.

Doc, it's significant that the whiny bitches are from WCU and NDSU, schools without a fan base and/or without enough significant time in the division to understand much about the fan bases in various parts of the country.

For instance, I think there are VERY few places - if any - where a guy could come on an FCS message board, list a worthy cause and provide a link and have over $5k in donations toward a cancer-fighting initiative from a largely blue-collar fan base. Moreover, then turn around and get over $2k in donations from rival fan bases within the same conference.

To me, that speaks volumes about the sort of people we have who support McNeese State Athletics and our sister schools in the Southland Conference. Even our worst enemies in the SLC acknowledge that they don't get anywhere near the same number of fans from other schools that they get from McNeese...

I knew that if I could get 30 McNeese fans to make over $5k in donations in one year to my cancer fighting ride, I'd get a bunch of them to sign up for the AGS elimination game, which costs them nothing...

It's not our fault that some schools only have whiny bitches for fans....

The Cats
June 18th, 2012, 07:06 AM
....the whiny bitches are from WCU and NDSU....

Oh WOW, keep this up and you might hurt my feelings.......

FormerPokeCenter
June 18th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Oh WOW, keep this up and you might hurt my feelings.......

It'spretty clear that your wittle feewings have been butt hurt since WCU got eliminated.

The shrill tone of your several histrionic posts on the matter prove this ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
June 18th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Doc, it's significant that the whiny bitches are from WCU and NDSU, schools without a fan base and/or without enough significant time in the division to understand much about the fan bases in various parts of the country.

When has any NDSU fan stated whether they give 2 ****s if you win some stupid internet thread? It's smack talk, so I was talking smack.

I hope you do win, I can now just see the parade going down main street in Lake Charles with you on your bike leading the way!

FormerPokeCenter
June 18th, 2012, 08:36 AM
When has any NDSU fan stated whether they give 2 ****s if you win some stupid internet thread? It's smack talk, so I was talking smack.

I hope you do win, I can now just see the parade going down main street in Lake Charles with you on your bike leading the way!

Let me explain how the whole concept of "Not caring" works...

When somebody doesn't care, they don't respond...

Clearly, you've got a whole lot of not caring going on ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
June 18th, 2012, 08:43 AM
the whiny bitches are from WCU and NDSU,

This term give a connotation that we have been complaining about the game. That is not true.

Let me explain how the whole concept of "Not caring" works...

When somebody doesn't care, they don't respond...

Clearly, you've got a whole lot of down time in front of the computer going on ;)

FIFY - perk of the job, I'm afraid. I respond to lots of threads about which I do not care a lot.

Professor Chaos
June 18th, 2012, 08:44 AM
BIG BIG BIG difference between a McMurry and a Prairie View. One game counts and the other may as well be an exhibition. FCS teams weren't lining up to play NDSU either. However, teams are a little more open to it when there's a $200K paycheck to entice them. The MVFC will provide NDSU with all the opportunity it needs to prove to the playoff committee that they deserve a seed. NDSU's AD has made it quite clear that he wants 6 home games every year and all games need to be D1 counters because that provides the best opportunity to make the playoffs and to host playoff games. That is his top priority when making a schedule. Knock it all you want to but as a supporter of that team I'm 100% on board with that logic.

BisonBacker
June 18th, 2012, 11:02 AM
The funny thing is that The Griz used to be just flat lambasted by Bison fans for this exact same thing that NDSU now follows. I know it was not you and don't believe you would have been one that didn't see the value in doing what our AD was with scheduling.

Those NDSU guys with the overly informed opinions back then sure don't seem to be beating up NDSU now for it and wanting the home games for the fans and the money etc.

If you can capitalize on your own fanbase then why wouldn't you give yourself the best chance to get in the playoffs. The criticism of going about it the way UM or NDSU does is just flat out foolish. The simplest way to measure your dick in this case is look at who got in and who won. Any other measure is just a way to make yourself feel better.

Right now, anything you are laying on the table is shorter than NDSU's and that's just a fact.

I think your memory is a bit flawed Ursus. I'll be the first to say I was one of Montana's critics and still am. But not for the reason you are stating. I and many other Bison fans not to mention South Dakota State fans were upset that Montana didn't honor the back end of the contracts signed for a home and away series of games between both the XDSU's and Montana. Now yes you can point the blame at our AD's for not writing in a bigger buyout but when we were back in the transition we didn't have the bargaining power to do so. No that's not Montana's problem but then again it brings back the old beat to death argument of the buyout and standing up to an original contract term. I fully believe that when those contracts were signed by the Montana AD he never had any intention of honoring them. Legally nothing wrong with what he did. But he did open himself up for criticism for doing so. NDSU hasn't gone out and looked for patsies to sign a home and away deal with never having the intention to play the away game and just buy it out. Being the big fish in Montana for football (sorry MSU fans) or NDSU being the big fish for the state of North Dakota does have its advantages in that we have filled up stadiums. With that comes the revenue that makes playing an away game unattractive but then why sign those contracts in the first place. Just flat out say we want home games period and won't sign home and away's which is exactly what Gene Taylor and NDSU are doing now. We have arrived at this level and can exercise that luxury. Its a nice place to be for sure.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I think your memory is a bit flawed Ursus. I'll be the first to say I was one of Montana's critics and still am. But not for the reason you are stating. I and many other Bison fans not to mention South Dakota State fans were upset that Montana didn't honor the back end of the contracts signed for a home and away series of games between both the XDSU's and Montana. Now yes you can point the blame at our AD's for not writing in a bigger buyout but when we were back in the transition we didn't have the bargaining power to do so. No that's not Montana's problem but then again it brings back the old beat to death argument of the buyout and standing up to an original contract term. I fully believe that when those contracts were signed by the Montana AD he never had any intention of honoring them. Legally nothing wrong with what he did. But he did open himself up for criticism for doing so. NDSU hasn't gone out and looked for patsies to sign a home and away deal with never having the intention to play the away game and just buy it out. Being the big fish in Montana for football (sorry MSU fans) or NDSU being the big fish for the state of North Dakota does have its advantages in that we have filled up stadiums. With that comes the revenue that makes playing an away game unattractive but then why sign those contracts in the first place. Just flat out say we want home games period and won't sign home and away's which is exactly what Gene Taylor and NDSU are doing now. We have arrived at this level and can exercise that luxury. Its a nice place to be for sure.

I've got the faulty memory? First things first. There was never, at any time, a home and home with NDSU to be bought out. That is part of the problem is that this myth was somehow perpetrated amongst your fans and continues to live on. How can that even be possible? SDSU's contract was honored. Part of that contract was a buyout that was exercised. It was unfortunate that our former AD wasn't paying attention to the bottom line and put the Athletic Dpt. in a huge hole that we needed to trade out those games and take the money but it happens. He lost his job over it.

My memory is also not faulty because you are specifically one of the guys I remember saying this sort of thing back in 07-08 or so and you are still sticking to the misinformation although you very well should know that it is incorrect.

More importantly that is not at all what I was referring to in that last post. You are mixing the different attack points you used to use. I am talking specifically about the manner in which we schedule and the attack on that. Not the buyout thing you are referring to here. That was just another gripe y'all had.

Somewhere down the line I'm sure Robert Morris or St. Francis will have some fan come on here and say "NDSU doesn't honor it's H&H contract and they like to play at home and that's BS!".

Then we can revisity this and I can say "It's funny cuz I remember back when NDSU was slamming MT for this."

Silenoz
June 18th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I swear to god the SDSU thing will NEVER be dropped. People need to get over it, especially since we probably saved SDSU an *** kicking anyways

Has anyone ever bought us out? I don't know and I don't care.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I swear to god the SDSU thing will NEVER be dropped. Even though we did them a favor by buying it out...

Ah, it won't go away on some people's end but since there is no shame and the contract was fulfilled I don't give anyone credit for using it as an argument.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Let's just face it. Montana forked over all that cash to avoid playing them because they were scared. No other reason to do it.

And played Iowa instead. Got it.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 18th, 2012, 12:57 PM
And played Iowa instead. Got it.

You should know better than to respond to chattown.....

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/you_876e31_1309834.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2012, 01:02 PM
You should know better than to respond to chattown.....

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/you_876e31_1309834.jpg

I figured I could spare one line since he's trolling MT I wanted it to be worth his effort. Figured it would be a good opportunity to get him and Alpha going at it again this summer.

McNeese72
June 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM
xpopcornx xpopcornx xpopcornx

Doc

BisonBacker
June 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I've got the faulty memory? First things first. There was never, at any time, a home and home with NDSU to be bought out. That is part of the problem is that this myth was somehow perpetrated amongst your fans and continues to live on. How can that even be possible? SDSU's contract was honored. Part of that contract was a buyout that was exercised. It was unfortunate that our former AD wasn't paying attention to the bottom line and put the Athletic Dpt. in a huge hole that we needed to trade out those games and take the money but it happens. He lost his job over it.

My memory is also not faulty because you are specifically one of the guys I remember saying this sort of thing back in 07-08 or so and you are still sticking to the misinformation although you very well should know that it is incorrect.

More importantly that is not at all what I was referring to in that last post. You are mixing the different attack points you used to use. I am talking specifically about the manner in which we schedule and the attack on that. Not the buyout thing you are referring to here. That was just another gripe y'all had.

Somewhere down the line I'm sure Robert Morris or St. Francis will have some fan come on here and say "NDSU doesn't honor it's H&H contract and they like to play at home and that's BS!".

Then we can revisity this and I can say "It's funny cuz I remember back when NDSU was slamming MT for this."

I'm not hiding anywhere and am happy to say I was one of the critics of Montana. Ok lets leave the NDSU game or no game out of the debate for a minute. I know SDSU was not the only team that Montana did the home game first and buyout of the return game. Wasn't Hofstra a buyout game? Didn't you guys buyout Cal Poly? Now Cal Poly won't be an issue as they are in the BSC. I'm just saying Ursus Montana has/had a rep for buying out games. My point which you glossed over was NDSU's AD has come right out and said what his intentions are. Personally I just don't like the buyout period. If you sign a contract honor it. Yeah I know economics dictated otherwise but no AD should ever sign a contract he has no intention of honoring. I understand the economics of it. Just tell any interested schools if you want to play us you come here. Were not going to play in front of 2500-5k at your house and lose the gate. Like it or not and I don't care if you think it's unreasonable due to economics but I don't agree that any AD should ever sign a contract knowing he's going to exercise the buyout clause. Like I mentioned not every school has the resources or luxury like Montana, App or NDSU. You and I can talk till the cows come home about whether your old AD ever intended to honor those home and homes but I believe he didn't. You and I will probably just have to agree to disagree on that one. Our AD has been up front with his scheduling plans/philosophy.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 18th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I'm not hiding anywhere and am happy to say I was one of the critics of Montana. Ok lets leave the NDSU game or no game out of the debate for a minute. I know SDSU was not the only team that Montana did the home game first and buyout of the return game. Wasn't Hofstra a buyout game? Didn't you guys buyout Cal Poly? Now Cal Poly won't be an issue as they are in the BSC. I'm just saying Ursus Montana has/had a rep for buying out games. My point which you glossed over was NDSU's AD has come right out and said what his intentions are. Personally I just don't like the buyout period. If you sign a contract honor it. Yeah I know economics dictated otherwise but no AD should ever sign a contract he has no intention of honoring. I understand the economics of it. Just tell any interested schools if you want to play us you come here. Were not going to play in front of 2500-5k at your house and lose the gate. Like it or not and I don't care if you think it's unreasonable due to economics but I don't agree that any AD should ever sign a contract knowing he's going to exercise the buyout clause. Like I mentioned not every school has the resources or luxury like Montana, App or NDSU. You and I can talk till the cows come home about whether your old AD ever intended to honor those home and homes but I believe he didn't. You and I will probably just have to agree to disagree on that one. Our AD has been up front with his scheduling plans/philosophy.

Are you perhaps confusing Montana and Montana state? MSU bought out the game in Fargo. Montana would never have done a H&A with a DII team. That was only a one-off home game against "lower" competition.

BisonBacker
June 18th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Are you perhaps confusing Montana and Montana state? MSU bought out the game in Fargo. Montana would never have done a H&A with a DII team. That was only a one-off home game against "lower" competition.

No actually I was only responding to a couple of comments earlier in the thread. One which specifically called out NDSU for playing what the poster felt were games that questioned the validity of NDSU's schedule. It brought up the old debate about playing quality OOC games which is fine. But if you schedule quality OOC teams such as MSU or Montana you'd damned well get the home game on the front end based on history. Bottom line is as an AD if you ink it play it period. That's all I'm saying. Some just don't like being called out on it.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM

The contracts were honored. They were bought out for the agreed price and those teams scheduled other games in their place as did Montana due to economics of the situation that arose. If you don't like it as a fan of a team that was wholly unaffected by it that's all fine and dandy but to put your own spin on it that these contracts were signed in the first place with that outcome in mind is pretty f'n foolish.

You want to MPLSBison this and take the conversation away from what I was referring to then that's cool too cuz I'll provide you with the education on it that you require.

Those issues with Cal Poly were never issues. If you'd like I can try and locate the article where the AD or coach at Cal Poly said they'd happily sign a contract with UM again and held no ill will over what had to happen at the time because they themselves knew the money problem was an issue they have to deal with. They did sign another contract as well and are a great team and great fan base that I know our fans love playing and I'm pretty sure our AD did not sign a contract with to buy out of since we had already had those kind of contracts in place with them in the 90's as well.

If you want to keep putting your own ideas of what happened into it that's what you're gonna do but as I said I'm offering you help to get out of this weird place you've been in with it for so long. I'd like to see you be well informed so when/if it happens to NDSU in the future you are not one of the dolts that has this brought back to him because he was obstinate in a silly position.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RaOrchOImw8/TTPOEppJEgI/AAAAAAAApxs/5vQnMFj9trI/s1600/Dr_Phil_McGraw.jpg
"I'm offering you this gift and hope you will accept it."

BisonBacker
June 18th, 2012, 02:58 PM
If saying that if you ink it play it is being a dolt than I'm guilty as charged. I think it was pretty clear in my reply it was "my opinion". We are entitled to them last I checked. If it makes you feel any better Ursus I wouldn't agree with that positon if NDSU did it no more than I did when UM did it. The fact that Hofstra, Cal Poly, SDSU ect had it happen to them and I didn't go back and look for others but I'm guessing there's a pretty good chance there are puts you in a position where you feel you have to defend the AD. Oh and yes I do believe that AD's look ahead and plan including buyouts and if you think that's not true then why have it in the contract in the first place? You are not the Judge and Jury on this one Ursus. You just like I are entitled to an opinion. You apparently believe based on what you wrote that everyone's word is golden and nobody would ever sign something they never intended to honor. If you really believe that give me a few weeks. I've got to get some real estate deals in the works for ya to sign they are really golden opportunities really they are.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2012, 03:01 PM
No actually I was only responding to a couple of comments earlier in the thread. One which specifically called out NDSU for playing what the poster felt were games that questioned the validity of NDSU's schedule. It brought up the old debate about playing quality OOC games which is fine. But if you schedule quality OOC teams such as MSU or Montana you'd damned well get the home game on the front end based on history. Bottom line is as an AD if you ink it play it period. That's all I'm saying. Some just don't like being called out on it.

Don't like being called out on it? Feel free to call out all you want I'm just trying to correct your ill informed take on it.

If it was you personally with your finances and you and another Amish dude were going to raise each others barns and signed a contract to pay the other if one of you failed to help that you pay him X amount for the privilege of taking another barn raising gig that paid you 12 to 15 times what the buyout would cost you then would you, in the interest of your family, pass that up and go over to the original or would you take it?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2012, 03:12 PM
If saying that if you ink it play it is being a dolt than I'm guilty as charged. I think it was pretty clear in my reply it was "my opinion". We are entitled to them last I checked. If it makes you feel any better Ursus I wouldn't agree with that positon if NDSU did it no more than I did when UM did it. The fact that Hofstra, Cal Poly, SDSU ect had it happen to them and I didn't go back and look for others but I'm guessing there's a pretty good chance there are puts you in a position where you feel you have to defend the AD. Oh and yes I do believe that AD's look ahead and plan including buyouts and if you think that's not true then why have it in the contract in the first place? You are not the Judge and Jury on this one Ursus. You just like I are entitled to an opinion. You apparently believe based on what you wrote that everyone's word is golden and nobody would ever sign something they never intended to honor. If you really believe that give me a few weeks. I've got to get some real estate deals in the works for ya to sign they are really golden opportunities really they are.

I didn't say that at all. You had claimed that it was done intentionally from the beginning and I stated it happened during the time that financially some decisions had to be made to cover the bills. Those all happened in that same short period and you want to pretend they are all exclusive then fair enough but they were linked by the same deficit that had to be covered. You have the three schools and if you find others please inform me cuz it would be news.

I am absolutely defending it, it was appropriate for the situation my friend and I'm damn sure that your idea of what had to be done would have lined up with the real world if you yourself had been the AD at UM at that time.

BisonBacker
June 18th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Don't like being called out on it? Feel free to call out all you want I'm just trying to correct your ill informed take on it.

If it was you personally with your finances and you and another Amish dude were going to raise each others barns and signed a contract to pay the other if one of you failed to help that you pay him X amount for the privilege of taking another barn raising gig that paid you 12 to 15 times what the buyout would cost you then would you, in the interest of your family, pass that up and go over to the original or would you take it?

Ursus if this is the best argument you can make let me suggest you quit now. That analogy is hilarious but falls under this category......

http://surfwithberserk.com/img/funny/epic_fails/30.jpg

BisonBacker
June 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM

Oh and I'm not Amish ;)

BisonBacker
June 18th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I didn't say that at all. You had claimed that it was done intentionally from the beginning and I stated it happened during the time that financially some decisions had to be made to cover the bills. Those all happened in that same short period and you want to pretend they are all exclusive then fair enough but they were linked by the same deficit that had to be covered. You have the three schools and if you find others please inform me cuz it would be news.

I am absolutely defending it, it was appropriate for the situation my friend and I'm damn sure that your idea of what had to be done would have lined up with the real world if you yourself had been the AD at UM at that time.

I didn't say it happened from the beginning but I do think it's reasonable to conclude with the number of times it happened to question it. I also said I didn't go back and check how many times it happened prior I'm to lazy to look.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Oh and I'm not Amish ;)

Hutterite? Sorry about that.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I didn't say it happened from the beginning but I do think it's reasonable to conclude with the number of times it happened to question it. I also said I didn't go back and check how many times it happened prior I'm to lazy to look.

it certainly is reasonable to question it. Logical and verifiable evidence that supports what I claim has been given many times and then you question still in the same manner you did to begin with. That starts to seem unreasonable after years of it...to me at least. The fact that NDSU is still being thrown in as an affected party though is unbelievable and truly falls into the epic fail scale.

BTW, that previous analogy was f'n spot on!

and hilarious.

BisonBacker
June 18th, 2012, 03:28 PM

Let me just say I'm glad he's no longer your AD. And no I'm not saying every financial problem at UM back then was his fault hell maybe he was completely innocent of it. Maybe he was the scapegoat for a lot of it maybe not I don't know. I just know I wish that buyouts were not part of any contracts at our level. I just don't like that idea. The following has been my opinion and only my opinion. If you like it great and if not I suggest some Dr. Phil time for YOU! For the record the model of 6 home games I'm completely in favor of. I have no problem with whatever teams our AD brings in for OOC games as long as he hopefully is doing his best to bring in the best. I also understand some teams don't want to come to either Fargo or Missoula for obvious reasons. Lastly I'm not here looking to get into a pissing match unlike MNPLS so please don't lump me in that category. Personal jabs like that I xflaggedx on you.

xpeacex

BisonBacker
June 18th, 2012, 03:31 PM
it certainly is reasonable to question it. Logical and verifiable evidence that supports what I claim has been given many times and then you question still in the same manner you did to begin with. That starts to seem unreasonable after years of it...to me at least. The fact that NDSU is still being thrown in as an affected party though is unbelievable and truly falls into the epic fail scale.

BTW, that previous analogy was f'n spot on!

and hilarious.

F*** you damn near needed a flow chart for that BS analogy xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Let me just say I'm glad he's no longer your AD. And no I'm not saying every financial problem at UM back then was his fault hell maybe he was completely innocent of it. Maybe he was the scapegoat for a lot of it maybe not I don't know. I just know I wish that buyouts were not part of any contracts at our level. I just don't like that idea. The following has been my opinion and only my opinion. If you like it great and if not I suggest some Dr. Phil time for YOU! For the record the model of 6 home games I'm completely in favor of. I have no problem with whatever teams our AD brings in for OOC games as long as he hopefully is doing his best to bring in the best. I also understand some teams don't want to come to either Fargo or Missoula for obvious reasons. Lastly I'm not here looking to get into a pissing match unlike MNPLS so please don't lump me in that category. Personal jabs like that I xflaggedx on you.

xpeacex

I had to get you fired up somehow BB and the MPLS approach was my shortcut. I apologize on that one.:D

If you had checked you usercp about 1/2 hr. to an hour ago I think you'd have seen what I was doing with this.xlolx

BisonBacker
June 18th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I had to get you fired up somehow BB and the MPLS approach was my shortcut. I apologize on that one.:D

If you had checked you usercp about 1/2 hr. to an hour ago I think you'd have seen what I was doing with this.xlolx

I just saw it and responded in kind xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2012, 03:37 PM
F*** you damn near needed a flow chart for that BS analogy xlolx

We'll have to let this one go to the judges. That was nail on the head type of **** right there. Who do you think you are dealing with here...AZGrizfan?