PDA

View Full Version : TSN Ranks the FCS Conferences

bluehenbillk
June 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_6_14_2012.htm

Debate....

Go Bison
June 14th, 2012, 02:07 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_6_14_2012.htm

Debate....

So they called Sam Houston State the Bobcats?

5. Southland Conference - Sam Houston State, the 2011 FCS runner-up, appears to be the consensus pick for this season's national champion. Coach Willie Fritz's squad probably has two built-in losses against FBS members Baylor and Texas A&M, so the Bobcats may have to win all of their other regular-season games to have a favorable home schedule in the playoffs again.

Apphole
June 14th, 2012, 02:11 PM
asinine

asumike83
June 14th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Switch the SoCon with Big Sky and I think the top four is probably right.

TheRevSFA
June 14th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Terrible

Go Bison
June 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Just my opinion but I would move the Southern Conference up a spot to #3 and move the Big Sky down a spot. Too many questions with Montana right now and I think Montana State still needs to prove themselves in the playoffs. Eastern Washington could be the sleeper in the Sky or maybe Cal Poly. It tempting to move the Southern up to the #2 spot but I think Youngstown State could be a strong team this year for the Valley and I won't rule out UNI even though they have a tough schedule.

darell1976
June 14th, 2012, 02:31 PM
They mention the 4 GWFC teams moving to the BSC, even this
The depth of the conference is impressive with the likes of conference newcomers North Dakota, Cal Poly and Southern Utah (featuring QB Brad Sorensen) , but nothing about South Dakota moving to the MVFC? Must not be any kind of a threat to NDSU, UNI and the top teams in that conference. Or TSN has never heard of South Dakota.

dgreco
June 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
At least they recognized Bryant as a title contender :)

aceinthehole
June 14th, 2012, 02:42 PM
My thoughts:

- Is the MEAC really stronger than the Ivy? Not suggesting they aren't, but that can't make the H-Y-P crowd feel very good.

- The Big South is a 7-team league with 2 teams head and sholders above the rest (SBU and Liberty), so how are they ranked ahead the PL, MEAC, and Ivy?

Professor Chaos
June 14th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I don't see any issues with those rankings if you're basing them off of how good the conferences should be this coming year. Without the new additions to the Big Sky I think the SOCON would be #3 but with the likes of Cal Poly, UND, and SUU I think the Big Sky overtakes the SOCON top to bottom. If you base it off teams in the AGS preseason top 40 it's pretty accurate:

CAA - 9 teams in the top 40
MVFC - 6
Big Sky - 5
SOCON - 5
Southland - 4
OVC - 3
Big South - 2
Patriot - 1
MEAC - 2
Ivy - 1
NEC - 1
SWAC - 1
Pioneer - 0

frozennorth
June 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I don't see any issues with those rankings if you're basing them off of how good the conferences should be this coming year. Without the new additions to the Big Sky I think the SOCON would be #3 but with the likes of Cal Poly, UND, and SUU I think the Big Sky overtakes the SOCON top to bottom. If you base it off teams in the AGS preseason top 40 it's pretty accurate:

MVFC - 6
Big Sky - 5
SOCON - 5
Southland - 4
OVC - 3
Big South - 2
Patriot - 1
MEAC - 2
Ivy - 1
NEC - 1
SWAC - 1
Pioneer - 0

doesn't the BSC have 4 more teams than the socon? I would certainly take dilution into account, and put the socon in 3rd.

Professor Chaos
June 14th, 2012, 03:11 PM
doesn't the BSC have 4 more teams than the socon? I would certainly take dilution into account, and put the socon in 3rd.
It's splitting hairs at that point. An argument could be made either way.

TheRevSFA
June 14th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Looks like they fixed their Bobcats typo. Good for them

Apphole
June 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Looks like they fixed their Bobcats typo. Good for them

They still haven't fixed the terrible top 4 order....

darell1976
June 14th, 2012, 03:32 PM

I know...Big Sky should be #1!!:D

penguinpower
June 14th, 2012, 03:36 PM
The idiots that write for TSN are the same idiots that rank the TSN top 25 teams. Talk about an article with a conflict of interest. TSN is located in Philly and they are biased toward the CAA anyway. I 'm not saying that they don't belong there, but give me a break.

GtFllsGriz
June 14th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I agree there is a little bias for the CAA. But I really don't care. It is a new season and the BSC has certainly changed. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with the addition of the solid teams that were added to the conference. The CAA may not hold onto the reputation of being the strongest top to bottom after this season. The BSC is going to be a meat grinder and all of the playoff teams will be battle tested. xsalutex

darell1976
June 14th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I agree there is a little bias for the CAA. But I really don't care. It is a new season and the BSC has certainly changed. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with the addition of the solid teams that were added to the conference. The CAA may not hold onto the reputation of being the strongest top to bottom after this season. The BSC is going to be a meat grinder and all of the playoff teams will be battle tested. xsalutex

The 4 GWFC teams added offsets the cellar-dwellers of the conference, NAU, UNC, ISU, and Sac State.

Sammy94
June 14th, 2012, 04:07 PM
They could of least put the "k" in there, Bobkats..... idiots.

GannonFan
June 14th, 2012, 04:16 PM
The idiots that write for TSN are the same idiots that rank the TSN top 25 teams. Talk about an article with a conflict of interest. TSN is located in Philly and they are biased toward the CAA anyway. I 'm not saying that they don't belong there, but give me a break.

So you don't disagree that the CAA should be #1, but you take to task the people who wrote the article for agreeing with you? Do you have arguments with your own self in your head a lot?

GeauxBlue
June 14th, 2012, 04:17 PM
I take anyones opinion with a grain of salt when they can not even get the name of the team correct. Shows how much effort was put into it.

SpiritCymbal
June 14th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I agree that I think that the SoCon and Big Sky should flip-flop, but they're both so close that it's not that big of a deal in my opinion. Definitely nothing to get upset over.

heath
June 14th, 2012, 05:31 PM

A$$hole,fix it for us,show your rankings!.Don't complain,show your cards.Seems your glass is half empty AGAIN.xthumbsupx Considering the past few years,looks respectable.xnodx

Hammerhead
June 14th, 2012, 07:11 PM
They probably think it was North Dakota that upset Minnesota to start the 2010 season. :)

They mention the 4 GWFC teams moving to the BSC, even this , but nothing about South Dakota moving to the MVFC? Must not be any kind of a threat to NDSU, UNI and the top teams in that conference. Or TSN has never heard of South Dakota.

darell1976
June 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM
They probably think it was North Dakota that upset Minnesota to start the 2010 season. :)

Now with the nickname issue behind us our turn against the Golden Goofs in football may be in the near future.

PAllen
June 14th, 2012, 07:35 PM
MVFC - 6
Big Sky - 5
SOCON - 5
Southland - 4
OVC - 3
Big South - 2
Patriot - 1
MEAC - 2
Ivy - 1
NEC - 1
SWAC - 1
Pioneer - 0

You sir, are an idiot.

Ivytalk
June 14th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Ivy behind MEAC? SMFH.

clenz
June 14th, 2012, 07:49 PM
You sir, are an idiot.

For what....didn't he just pull those from the poll results?

Professor Chaos
June 14th, 2012, 08:07 PM
You sir, are an idiot.
Good argument! Are you picking up the title of AGS resident douchebag now that LakesBison is banned?

clenz
June 14th, 2012, 08:09 PM
lakes is banned?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sROYN3DWWiM/Tc1hNe8baFI/AAAAAAAAxLg/OfcLUlVRjac/s1600/Praise+Jeebus.jpg

frozennorth
June 14th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Good argument! Are you picking up the title of AGS resident douchebag now that LakesBison is banned?

I thought MPLSbison had that the whole time.

JSUBison
June 14th, 2012, 08:21 PM
lakes is banned?

He just as well cancel his internet now, I think the only place he has posting ability is Panthernation, which is kind of ironic.

clenz
June 14th, 2012, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=clenz;1802717]lakes is banned?

He just as well cancel his internet now, I think the only place he has posting ability is Panthernation, which is kind of ironic.

PantherNation may have banned fewer people than CS.....which is currently at 2

I wish that would change.

Why did he get banned?

Well, there's the obvious but the tipping point.

chattownmocs
June 15th, 2012, 08:32 AM
If Chattanooga, Furman or Samford plays to a higher level, the No. 4 ranking may not look so good.

If Chattanooga plays at higher level they will probably go undefeated in the southern conference seeing as how their largest margin of defeat was 7 points(the other 4 by 1 or 2 points) and their largest deficit was 14. They need to play at a more consistent level even if it means they don't play as well as they did for stretches, and they will be right there.

walliver
June 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
It is hard to put too much faith in an article that contains the phrase "The Toreros' tough road schedule - Cal Poly, Harvard, Drake and Jacksonville".

Dane96
June 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM
2 of those games ARE hard.

Are you kidding...Cal Poly on the road and Harvard are very good road tests.

penguinpower
June 15th, 2012, 03:50 PM
So you don't disagree that the CAA should be #1, but you take to task the people who wrote the article for agreeing with you? Do you have arguments with your own self in your head a lot?

If you've ever seen the journalists of the TSN do their internet video program you would see that they are idiots. They are also lazy and do not travel west very often so they don't get to evaluate teams and conferences appropriately. My point was that maybe the CAA belongs at the top of the list, but blindly agreeing with their slanted assessment is ridiculous. Evaluation of conferences still requires an eyeball test.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 15th, 2012, 06:47 PM
lakes is banned?

He's on a time out. Urses gave him plenty of chances to straighten up but he couldn't. We have the summer off.