PDA

View Full Version : Dayton APR

DetroitFlyer
June 14th, 2012, 01:07 PM
http://daytonflyers.com/mens/basketball/news/?article_id=8912

"Dayton football was one of two programs honored from the Pioneer Football League. UD football has been honored with an APR public recognition award for seven consecutive years – every time since the APR was instituted. They are in an elite group. Dayton is one of 10 football teams to earn the honor all seven years. The others are: Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, Davidson, Duke, Harvard, Princeton, Pennsylvania and Yale."

401ks
June 14th, 2012, 01:36 PM
xsmileyclapx

Since universities are academic institutions, one would think that this sort of thing would be at least as celebrated as sports championships.

xchinscratchx

Ah, priorities! xrolleyesx

Silenoz
June 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
xsmileyclapx

Since universities are academic institutions, one would think that this sort of thing would be at least as celebrated as sports championships.

xchinscratchx

Ah, priorities! xrolleyesx
I don't know about you but I post on our forestry and theater message boards all the time!

And my season tickets for the science fair just came in the mail yesterday

3rd Coast Tiger
June 14th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I don't know about you but I post on our forestry and theater message boards all the time!

xlolx

MplsBison
June 14th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Congrats on making sure the players graduate with some sort of degree and don't transfer very often.

Silenoz
June 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I knew I'd get neg repped for that post. Between my old and current accounts Dayton users are responsible for exactly 100% of them xlolx

Fun bunch, let me tell you

401ks
June 18th, 2012, 02:52 PM

xeyebrowx

Let's see...

I love a good satire as much as anyone. Mr. Landers' post, however, makes absolutely no friggen sense.

Since I have to assume that this poster wished to poke fun at my post regarding the academic priorities of college, I can only assume:

1.) He failed each and every writing class that he had at whatever fine institution he (supposedly) studied. True satire is FAR beyond his limited capabilities.

2.) The piece of paper that he received from this institution read: "For Achievement in (fill in the blank) i.e. Beer Pong. To this day, Brock's family believes that he received a "diploma".

3.) Since Mr. Landers' neg rep to me stated: "Derp da derp da derp", he's already blown past his capacity for intelligent discourse.

4.) And since Mr. Landers' subsequent post states:

I knew I'd get neg repped for that post. Between my old and current accounts Dayton users are responsible for exactly 100% of them

He has proven that his capabilities in the area of Math are quite suspect, as well.

A fine example of why the schools that really "walk the walk" when it comes to academic excellence need to be honored and celebrated.

xthumbsupx

cbarrier90
June 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I knew I'd get neg repped for that post. Between my old and current accounts Dayton users are responsible for exactly 100% of them xlolx

Fun bunch, let me tell you

Just wait til a PL team goes 12-0 or 11-1 and gets left out of the playoffs. Then it gets REALLY fun...

Silenoz
June 18th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Should I take the time to respond to all of that?

F#ck it, why not xlolx

- Never failed a class in my life.
- Vonnegut is my favorite author. Boogie Nights my favorite movie, Joe's Garage one of my favorite albums. I know good satire. In fact I'd dare say I've got a sharper wit then you do, when I care to use it.
- Case in point, my selection of the derp de derp reply (from two of the world's greatest current satirists). It was a lazy response. But that's the joke. I'll let go ahead and let you use the google machine to see what I was getting at.
- Maybe. Never looked at my diploma, didn't go to my graduation. Why bother though? Its not like an earning an undergrad degree is any sort of accomplishment anymore. Everyone and their sister has one. I'lld give you a C- on the joke though. Beer pong? It's been done to death.
- Grammar fail perhaps, but math? You and Flyer are responsible for all of my negative reps. All of my negative reps = 100% of my negative reps. You and Flyer = Dayton fans. And so forth.
- Dayton fans derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpy derp. Derpa geriatric old fart derpa derpaderp. Derp de derp, da teedily dumb. Can't believe I took this much time to respond to your bitching Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb.

Also I really hope your next comment involves how much money you make. I LOVE those threads

DetroitFlyer
June 18th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Talk about a derp de derp.... Do you think that 401ks is a Dayton fan? Do you even know which teams he follows closely in FCS? You have no clue. I'm guessing that you and that Bison fan are bff's.

401ks
June 18th, 2012, 04:05 PM
...when I care to use it.

You may start at any time.

It was a lazy response.

We agree!

I'll let go ahead and let you use the google machine to see what I was getting at.

xconfusedx You never failed an English class?

Never looked at my diploma, didn't go to my graduation. Why bother though? Its not like an earning an undergrad degree is any sort of accomplishment anymore. Everyone and their sister has one.

Maybe you should have gone to one of the schools on DaytonFlyer's list.

I'll give you a C- on the joke though. Beer pong? It's been done to death.

I'll give you that one. I originally wrote something else, but...

Grammar fail perhaps, but math? You and Flyer are responsible for all of my negative reps. All of my negative reps = 100% of my negative reps. You and Flyer = Dayton fans.

Me, a Dayton fan??? xlmaox Ask DaytonFlyer about that!

Dayton fans derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpy derp. Derpa geriatric old fart derpa derpaderp. Ignorant little twerp. Derp de derp, da teedily dumb.

Can't believe I took this much time to respond to your bitching Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb.

xcoffeex

Also I really hope your next comment involves how much money you make. I LOVE those threads

"Money is what people without talent use to keep score."

Silenoz
June 18th, 2012, 04:33 PM
All you Pioneer schools look the same xthumbsupx

You never failed an English class?
Next time use the google machine, good lord xlolx

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=google%20machine

Anyways keep bitching about the over-emphasis of football on a football message board xlolx

401ks
June 18th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I give up. I'm done. You haven't a clue.

xpeacex

Silenoz
June 18th, 2012, 05:05 PM
And you're thin-skinned and couldn't handle a joke! This thread was totally worth it

DetroitFlyer
June 19th, 2012, 07:26 AM
http://daytonflyers.com/mens/basketb...rticle_id=8912

"Dayton football was one of two programs honored from the Pioneer Football League. UD football has been honored with an APR public recognition award for seven consecutive years – every time since the APR was instituted. They are in an elite group. Dayton is one of 10 football teams to earn the honor all seven years. The others are: Brown, Cornell, Dartmouth, Davidson, Duke, Harvard, Princeton, Pennsylvania and Yale."

The more I think about this, the more amazing it is for Dayton. Nobody would be surprised to see the Ivy League schools being recognized for seven years in a row, but for Dayton to be hanging with that crowd while playing great football, is pretty darn impressive. I can completely understand why Mr. Landers is upset that his community college is not on this elite list. Hats off to my Flyers for a truly impressive accomplishment!

MplsBison
June 19th, 2012, 08:08 AM
http://daytonflyers.com/mens/basketb...rticle_id=8912

The more I think about this, the more amazing it is for Dayton. Nobody would be surprised to see the Ivy League schools being recognized for seven years in a row, but for Dayton to be hanging with that crowd while playing great football, is pretty darn impressive. I can completely understand why Mr. Landers is upset that his community college is not on this elite list. Hats off to my Flyers for a truly impressive accomplishment!

It's not amazing.

It just means the players graduate. So what? Maybe that means they just make sure all the football players pass their classes and get their diplomas (*WINK WINK*)?

DetroitFlyer
June 19th, 2012, 09:01 AM
It's not amazing.

It just means the players graduate. So what? Maybe that means they just make sure all the football players pass their classes and get their diplomas (*WINK WINK*)?

Wrong again.... You must have gone to the same community college as that Brock fellow. You should check out the UD website to see what our players major in while at UD. By any measure, this is impressive and I am truly sorry that your football players at the community college cannot manage to complete their degrees in basket weaving.

Silenoz
June 19th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Wrong again.... You must have gone to the same community college as that Brock fellow. You should check out the UD website to see what our players major in while at UD. By any measure, this is impressive and I am truly sorry that your football players at the community college cannot manage to complete their degrees in basket weaving.
Yes, we went to all of those community colleges that compete at the FCS level xlolx

When's the PFL getting that auto-bid? If we ever blow enough to have to play in the first round, we could use that bye week

RabidRabbit
June 19th, 2012, 09:49 AM
xpopcornx

5 char

MplsBison
June 19th, 2012, 10:28 AM

Would you please summarize for me, even just for the 22 position starters at Dayton?

I don't have time to click on each player profile, scroll down to the "Personal" section and read something like "Hobbies include bowling and hanging out with friends. Has one brother and one sister. Major is Communications."

DetroitFlyer
June 21st, 2012, 07:17 AM
http://daytonflyers.com/mens/football/news/index.html?article_id=8917

More information on Dayton's APR performance for all sports, including football.

crusader11
June 21st, 2012, 08:10 AM
Congrats to Dayton. Clearly the coaching staff there makes it a priority for the team to actually go to class, do the work, and graduate. It's sad, but this is simply not the case at many schools. As long as one stays eligible, that's good enough for the head coach.

I was very surprised to see that Dayton's acceptance rate is 77%. Wow! That high?

DetroitFlyer
June 21st, 2012, 08:53 AM
For the incoming class, (2016), we have heard that the acceptance rate has dropped to 51%. Good or bad, UD is focused on moving up in the US News and World Reports rankings. Also a strong focus on raising the alumni donation rate for the same reason. Incoming freshman class is very large again this year, so I kind of expect the acceptance rate to continue dropping over time. I do not think we will get to PL or Ivy levels, but who knows.... There is a ton of positive momentum at UD, so I expect many good things for the University and the football program going forward.

Bogus Megapardus
June 21st, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joe's Garage

Recorded in the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen and released on Barking Pumpkin Records. Tipper Gore did NOT approve. Still, one of the finest albums ever made.

MplsBison
June 21st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Congrats to Dayton. Clearly the coaching staff there makes it a priority for the team to actually go to class, do the work, and graduate. It's sad, but this is simply not the case at many schools. As long as one stays eligible, that's good enough for the head coach.

I was very surprised to see that Dayton's acceptance rate is 77%. Wow! That high?

Either that or the coaching staff requires football players to take the easiest path possible to a degree.

As long as they graduate, who cares if they can get a job?

Maybe the NCAA should look at football player employment after their eligibility is finished and judge the programs that way?

MplsBison
June 21st, 2012, 11:43 AM
For the incoming class, (2016), we have heard that the acceptance rate has dropped to 51%. Good or bad, UD is focused on moving up in the US News and World Reports rankings. Also a strong focus on raising the alumni donation rate for the same reason. Incoming freshman class is very large again this year, so I kind of expect the acceptance rate to continue dropping over time. I do not think we will get to PL or Ivy levels, but who knows.... There is a ton of positive momentum at UD, so I expect many good things for the University and the football program going forward.

Acceptance rate is completely within the college's control. Just accept 5% of those who apply, if you think that means something.

We all know that turning down perfectly acceptable students (especially on the basis of how much money their parents earn) is the best way to judge a schools ability to provide quality undergraduate education.