PDA

View Full Version : SHSU-EWU to start series in 2013

Sammy94
June 12th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Huntsville 2013 , Cheney 2014

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205438333&DB_OEM_ID=19900

ursus arctos horribilis
June 12th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Man, that's really cool. It's great to see the BSC and the SLC teams getting together and making these series happen. With SFA, SHSU, McNeese, Montana, Weber, and now EWU getting some things together this is really great news for the next couple years.

TheRevSFA
June 12th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Period Field ahoy!!!!!

Actually that's cool. I'd love a SFA-Montana series in which we can go there in September, not December

Screamin_Eagle174
June 12th, 2012, 01:43 PM
ABOUT EFFING TIME!!! Been petitioning for EWU to get something like this set up... I actually sent a lengthy email to Chaves about it a couple weeks ago.

SHSU writeup guy needs to get his facts straight though...
The Eagles started the 2011 season No. 1 in the country and after dropping their first five games,

It was 4. xcoffeex

TheRevSFA
June 12th, 2012, 01:55 PM
ABOUT EFFING TIME!!! Been petitioning for EWU to get something like this set up... I actually sent a lengthy email to Chaves about it a couple weeks ago.

It was 4. xcoffeex

The GoBearkats writer, in talking about Willie Fritz' record, doesn't acknowledge the NC loss in his W-L, but all of the playoff wins up to it.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 12th, 2012, 01:58 PM
The GoBearkats writer, in talking about Willie Fritz' record, doesn't acknowledge the NC loss in his W-L, but all of the playoff wins up to it.

I was referencing his mention of EWU's start last year.... he stated we dropped our first 5 games... we lost the first 4, then won 6 of 7.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 12th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Man, that's really cool. It's great to see the BSC and the SLC teams getting together and making these series happen. With SFA, SHSU, McNeese, Montana, Weber, and now EWU getting some things together this is really great news for the next couple years.

Most definitely. Just makes sense on so many levels. With our recent influx of QBs from Texas, I'm sure SHSU was no accident. I'd like to think that we'll be trying to recruit Texas a little more... largest pool of HS talent in the nation.

HannahO
June 12th, 2012, 02:13 PM
And to see how the news is written up from the EWU side of the matchup ...

http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/2011-12/Releases/12fbJune12SHSUSeries

melloware13
June 12th, 2012, 02:43 PM

It was 4. xcoffeex

I wish it was a 5 game losing streak, but I wish we would have a better non-conference schedule than what we've been given lately.

slostang
June 12th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Great to see games like this. I enjoyed when Cal Poly has played teams from the Southland conference (McNeese St, Northwestern St and Texas St).

TheRevSFA
June 12th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't mind a home and home with Cal Poly. It'd be a good trip out there

Sam_Kats
June 12th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Kudos to both AD's for getting this done. Should be a great matchup. That damn red turf...........WHOA

Sammy94
June 12th, 2012, 02:58 PM
It will be nice to play in the north during Sept. I already feel for the guys from EWU playing here in Sept.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q0AmDQEBvpc/So7rwLNZYNI/AAAAAAAADsE/6p0GhAp-su0/s400/hot-sun-thermometer.jpg

Sam_Kats
June 12th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Luckily, those black beads on the turf only make it HOTTER xnodx

Screamin_Eagle174
June 12th, 2012, 03:39 PM
It will be nice to play in the north during Sept. I already feel for the guys from EWU playing here in Sept.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q0AmDQEBvpc/So7rwLNZYNI/AAAAAAAADsE/6p0GhAp-su0/s400/hot-sun-thermometer.jpg

Yeah, didn't think about that. Then again, will likely be in all white, so that should help... a little. Our D should be well rested though since they won't see the field much. ;)

McNeese75
June 12th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah, didn't think about that. Then again, will likely be in all white, so that should help... a little. Our D should be well rested though since they won't see the field much. ;)

You think the Eagles will have a ground and pound game in 2013? :D

Screamin_Eagle174
June 12th, 2012, 07:30 PM

I think we have an offense that's going to drive and put up points on anyone we play the next two years. Just a matter if our D can create more turnovers like we did in 2010. We do have a lot of young talented backs and have some BEEF in OL reserves. Couple kids that were pushing 300 coming out of HS the last two years.

bojeta
June 12th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't mind a home and home with Cal Poly. It'd be a good trip out there

That would be an excellent arrangement! I'm excited to have Yale coming out next year. SFA would be an outstanding addition to the schedule.

slostang
June 12th, 2012, 09:50 PM
That would be an excellent arrangement! I'm excited to have Yale coming out next year. SFA would be an outstanding addition to the schedule.

+1.

LakesBison
June 12th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Ndsu has beaten both teams the last 2 years in playoffs !! (minus ref bill.fette)

Ill cheer for a tie

clenz
June 12th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Die

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

LakesBison
June 12th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Wow stay classy with ur threats

Yea, im almost banned, but he can go.around telling me to "DIE" yea, thats fair Io

ALPHAGRIZ1
June 12th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Most definitely. Just makes sense on so many levels. With our recent influx of QBs from Texas, I'm sure SHSU was no accident. I'd like to think that we'll be trying to recruit Texas a little more... largest pool of HS talent in the nation.

Yeah.........Texas has soooo much more than California

clawman
June 12th, 2012, 11:51 PM
No, pass and kick a**:D

McNeese75
June 13th, 2012, 09:04 AM
I think we have an offense that's going to drive and put up points on anyone we play the next two years. Just a matter if our D can create more turnovers like we did in 2010. We do have a lot of young talented backs and have some BEEF in OL reserves. Couple kids that were pushing 300 coming out of HS the last two years.

I was not being a SA (well not completely, lol), I was assuming with the transfer QB you would have a quick strike offense and your defense would be on the field more than the O.

Good luck!

McNeese75
June 13th, 2012, 09:05 AM
No, pass and kick a**:D

That's what I was thinking :D

McNeese75
June 13th, 2012, 09:08 AM

More often than not Texas appears to have more HS football signees than California (as does Florida).

bojeta
June 13th, 2012, 11:30 AM
More often than not Texas appears to have more HS football signees than California (as does Florida).

I don't really follow the "who's better, Cal, Tex or Flo?" hoopla. Only thing I know is that when a kid, Ryan Mole, from the high school I teach at played in the CA vs FL All Star game, he romped and CA won. Mole went on to be a standout at Cal Poly.

bobcathpdevil56
June 13th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I would like to see the Bobcats get a home-home with McNeese St. They have great colors and we still need a little bit of revenge. Keep the SLC-BSC matchups rolling.

Grizcountry420
June 13th, 2012, 01:10 PM

Sounds like a one sided offense thats gonna throw the ball 50 plus times a game...

Screamin_Eagle174
June 13th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Ndsu has beaten both teams the last 2 years in playoffs !! (minus ref bill.fette)

Ill cheer for a tie

It's hilarious that you're so bitter and butthurt about NDSU getting beat by bunch of badass birds. Chump!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx EWU OWNS YOU!! xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
June 13th, 2012, 01:49 PM

Texas, Cali, and Florida are always the top 3.

MSU4ME
June 13th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Is there any stats to show which state gets recruited the most?

Screamin_Eagle174
June 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Is there any stats to show which state gets recruited the most?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/draft-history-graphic.htm

McNeese75
June 13th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I would like to see the Bobcats get a home-home with McNeese St. They have great colors and we still need a little bit of revenge. Keep the SLC-BSC matchups rolling.

xnodx You got my vote

bojeta
June 13th, 2012, 09:36 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/draft-history-graphic.htm

Not gonna dig too deep into this, but it pretty much looks like it follows population. I would have expected California (most populous state in US) to have the most recruits. Come on people. Nobody really believes there is something intrinsically better about high school athletes based on location. I'm from California, but I would never suggest that the larger numbers are the result of genetically superior kids. LOL!!!! You probably get a bit of a boost based on the economics of sending your recruiters where the largest numbers are, but that standout kid from Idaho or Wyoming is gonna get looked at.

HandoEX
June 13th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Eat 'em up Kats!