PDA

View Full Version : Alltel Stadium

SU Jag
June 22nd, 2006, 07:21 PM
Whoa, Alltel is very nice!:nod: I've already got my hotel room, and everything. I cant wait! BCC, your azz is on the clock!:nod: Has anyone ever attended a game here before?

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/afc/alltel100.jpg

El_Cid_99
June 23rd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Unfortunately, since my favorite 1-A team is Virginia Tech, I have been to too many Gator Bowls there, plus last year's ACC championship game. The only beef I have with playing in a pro stadium is that they lack the quirks of college stadiums, so it seems too bland for my taste. However, the SWAC should have no problem providing a good atmosphere.
The seats are comfortable at Alltel, the sightlines are good (I've sat all over that stadium), plus since it's not a college stadium, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to sell beer at the game!
The parking situation varies. I'd stick to the south end zone (closest to the river) side of things. There are usually more activities and things set up on that end. The bands are usually warming up out there, and it's not too far to the RV lot if you know anyone parking there.
Enjoy your visit.

blueballs
June 23rd, 2006, 09:27 AM
It is an NFL stadium that has hosted the Super Bowl. It is VERY nice, with chairback seats all around and built exclusively for football.

The city of Jax has some decent nightlife as well, not great but decent. You'll have a good time.

SU Jag
June 23rd, 2006, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately, since my favorite 1-A team is Virginia Tech, I have been to too many Gator Bowls there, plus last year's ACC championship game. The only beef I have with playing in a pro stadium is that they lack the quirks of college stadiums, so it seems too bland for my taste. However, the SWAC should have no problem providing a good atmosphere.
The seats are comfortable at Alltel, the sightlines are good (I've sat all over that stadium), plus since it's not a college stadium, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to sell beer at the game!
The parking situation varies. I'd stick to the south end zone (closest to the river) side of things. There are usually more activities and things set up on that end. The bands are usually warming up out there, and it's not too far to the RV lot if you know anyone parking there.
Enjoy your visit.

:thumbsup:

Tealblood
June 23rd, 2006, 05:09 PM
what does selling beer and being a college stadium have to do with anything

SU Jag
June 23rd, 2006, 05:18 PM

????????????? Beats me??????????????? I guess some schools dont have beer at their games.

bluedog
June 23rd, 2006, 05:45 PM

It's against the law in most states to do so on campus at a college sporting event.

ucdtim17
June 23rd, 2006, 06:05 PM
????????????? Beats me??????????????? I guess some schools dont have beer at their games.

It's banned in CA - seems pretty obvious to me. Students get drunk enough as is

SU Jag
June 23rd, 2006, 06:06 PM
It's banned in CA - seems pretty obvious to me. Students get drunk enough as is

Other states, I'm not suprised nut Cali?:confused:

ucdtim17
June 23rd, 2006, 06:11 PM
Other states, I'm not suprised nut Cali?:confused:

I remember a lot of my friends at the UCD-Stanford game last year were shocked to find out there was no beer inside the stadium. They all ran out at halftime to find a liquor store and came back with beers in every pocket. My drunk was wearing off and adrenaline was kicking in

SU Jag
June 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM
I remember a lot of my friends at the UCD-Stanford game last year were shocked to find out there was no beer inside the stadium. They all ran out at halftime to find a liquor store and came back with beers in every pocket. My drunk was wearing off and adrenaline was kicking in

So how drunk did you get?:D

ucdtim17
June 23rd, 2006, 06:30 PM
So how drunk did you get?:D

We had a keg of something good. At kickoff time people wanted to stay out and finish the keg and I went in as I wanted to see the part of this game when we were still in it. Little did I know how much we'd be in the game :rotateh:

Stanford has the best tailgating setup I can imagine anywhere. Now with the new stadium, there's really no place I'd rather spend a saturday.

Jag4Life
June 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Whoa, Alltel is very nice!:nod: I've already got my hotel room, and everything. I cant wait! BCC, your azz is on the clock!:nod: Has anyone ever attended a game here before?

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/afc/alltel100.jpg
I will be their to! :nod: :nod: :nod:

AppGuy04
June 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM
North Carolina schools don't sell beer either at games

Cocky
June 28th, 2006, 04:56 PM
No beer sold in Alabama. This is the bible belt you know. JSU isn't too strict on letting you in with a cup of refreshment.

SU Jag
June 28th, 2006, 05:01 PM
No beer sold in Alabama. This is the bible belt you know. JSU isn't too strict on letting you in with a cup of refreshment.

They sell beer at the Magic City Classic, if my memory serves me correctly.

Cocky
June 28th, 2006, 05:04 PM
They sell beer at the Magic City Classic, if my memory serves me correctly.

They might but it's owned by the city not a university. But, I did't make that clear in my statement.

SU Jag
June 28th, 2006, 05:09 PM
They might but it's owned by the city not a university. But, I did't make that clear in my statement.

Oh, damn what a loop-hole! Maybe thats why Jackson State har beer at their games.:nod:

SU Jag
June 28th, 2006, 05:23 PM
I will be their to! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Hey Jag, do you have your hotel room yet or are you taking an RV?

Jag4Life
June 28th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Hey Jag, do you have your hotel room yet or are you taking an RV?
Not yet! :)

Kill'em
June 28th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Freakville is one of my favorite cities. It is one of the prettiest cities I've seen at nighttime.

SU Jag
June 28th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Freakville is one of my favorite cities. It is one of the prettiest cities I've seen at nighttime.

Freakville? C'mon explain!:thumbsup:

Kill'em
June 28th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Freakville? C'mon explain!:thumbsup:
"Freakville" is the name given to the city by the syndicated morning show duo Lex & Terry. They are broadcast here in the Savannah area. Their home station is ROCK 105 in, you guessed it, Jacksonville.

SUjagTILLiDIE
June 28th, 2006, 11:22 PM
"Freakville" is the name given to the city by the syndicated morning show duo Lex & Terry. They are broadcast here in the Savannah area. Their home station is ROCK 105 in, you guessed it, Jacksonville.
Are you saying I should leave the girlfriend at home. :rolleyes:

Kill'em
June 29th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Are you saying I should leave the girlfriend at home. :rolleyes:
Only if you love her.:D

813Jag
June 29th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I'll be making the trip from Tampa.

BearsCountry
June 29th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Never been to Jacksonville, but I know if you want a pro stadium that is just like a college then Arrowhead in Kansas City is it.

SU Jag
June 29th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Never been to Jacksonville, but I know if you want a pro stadium that is just like a college then Arrowhead in Kansas City is it.

Arrowhead is very nice! :nod: Its looks very good for the Big 12 Championship game. What other college games are played there?

arranger101
July 2nd, 2006, 11:22 AM
We have played and I have marched many times in that stadium('99-'01 vs. FAMU). The atmoshpere was awesome. But last year we we played B-CC, they had us all on one side:nono: I still didn't see the logic behind that...it wasn't like we(SCSU/B-CC) didn't have enough fans:eyebrow:

I hope that it like it was before because I didn't enjoy myself last year:bang:

Jag4Life
July 2nd, 2006, 06:49 PM
Last year was the record crowd! I think 18k something. SU & BCC will have about 30,000-40,000! If you never seen the Jaguar Nation check them out September 2nd!

arranger101
July 2nd, 2006, 11:31 PM
I have seen the Jaguar Nation 1st hand. It was my freshman year(1997 Heritage Bowl SCSU vs. SU) It was probably the best all-around game out of all of the bowls. It was packed, both SU and our fans were deep. Game went down to the wire and one hell of a halftime show. It was by far the best Heritage Bowl!:thumbsup:

Gil Dobie
July 3rd, 2006, 08:30 AM
I've been to the Gator Bowl there, very nice stadium. We were in Daytona Beach for a week and drove up for the game and stayed overnight. The hotel had a bus take us to the game and back. It did take a long time to get thru traffic and back after the game.