35 Southern Illinois Salukis 123
36 Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 98
37T Villanova Wildcats 82
37T McNeese State Cowboys 82
39 Jackson State Tigers 80
40 Richmond Spiders 79

Milktruck74
May 28th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Looks fair enough for a Pre season poll. It is always interesting to look at these about week six. Just like most everybody else, I had EWU at #1 in last years preseason. And since I didn't learn any lessons, I have NDSU at #1 this year. Hahahaha.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 28th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I predict most of the complaining will be about the Griz being too high and NDSU not being the unanimous number 1. xscanx

Full disclosure...I had NDSU as #1 and The Griz #7.

PantherRob82
May 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Too high:
6 Northern Iowa Panthers 1794 0 A lot of questions at UNI this year. History shows they are normally a Top 10 team, but a rough schedule and new QB on a team that either needs to beat Iowa or Wisconsin to have a shot at an at-large bid makes #6 a little too high for me. Sept schedule is @Wisconsin, @Iowa, Central State (doesn't help playoff bid), @YSU, NDSU. Going 3-2 in the first 5 would be a great start.
34 North Dakota Fighting Sioux 146 I have them going 3-8 with this schedule. Getting above .500 would be quite the accomplishment.

Too low:
Didn't see anyone that really jumped out at this point.

MR. CHICKEN
May 28th, 2012, 12:50 PM
16517.....SIGNIFICANT WIN/LOSS...........xconfusedx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM
16517.....SIGNIFICANT WIN/LOSS...........xconfusedx

Looked like this on my ballot "---------------------------".

OL FU
May 28th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Hats off to the votersxbowx I look forward to the day when I have time to participate again. One of the most enjoyable parts of AGS. xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 28th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Hats off to the votersxbowx I look forward to the day when I have time to participate again. One of the most enjoyable parts of AGS. xnodx

I too, and many others probably look forward to that day as much or more than you even do. OL FU being involved in debates on any issue is fun let alone the Poll voting.

Fairly surprised at the strong showing on voters for this one. I think it's double last years preseason vote.

MR. CHICKEN
May 28th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Looked like this on my ballot "---------------------------".

16518.......'CORDIN' TA 2012 PRESEASON POLL NOW OPEN..THREAD.........IT ASKS FO'.....MOS' SIGNIFICANT WINS..(TEAM WHIFF MOS' RETURNERS/X-FERS)...MOS'
SIGNIFICANT LOSS (TEAM WHIFF MOS' GRADUATION/X-FERS..PLAYER ARRESTS....AD FIRIN'S....COACHIN' DEPARTURES...ETC.)......IFIN' YER GONNAH ASK FOR IT....HOW 'BOUT DUH RESULTS.....xconfusedx........AWK!

ps........SORRAH YA COODN'T THINK O' ANY.."------------------------------"

ursus arctos horribilis
May 28th, 2012, 03:08 PM
16518.......'CORDIN' TA 2012 PRESEASON POLL NOW OPEN..THREAD.........IT ASKS FO'.....MOS' SIGNIFICANT WINS..(TEAM WHIFF MOS' RETURNERS/X-FERS)...MOS'
SIGNIFICANT LOSS (TEAM WHIFF MOS' GRADUATION/X-FERS..PLAYER ARRESTS....AD FIRIN'S....COACHIN' DEPARTURES...ETC.)......IFIN' YER GONNAH ASK FOR IT....HOW 'BOUT DUH RESULTS.....xconfusedx........AWK!

ps........SORRAH YA COODN'T THINK O' ANY.."------------------------------"

My apologies as I did not know that agspoll had specified that as the criteria...missed it completely. I will go grab those details for you post hastey.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 28th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I'll give ya the top 5 in each category.

Most Significant Win:
North Dakota State Bison 38
Georgia Southern Eagles 10
Appalachian State Mountaineers 7
Stony Brook Seawolves 7
Eastern Washington Eagles 6

Most Significant Loss:
Montana Grizzlies 43
Sam Houston State Bearkats 14
Appalachian State Mountaineers 10
Lehigh Mountain Hawks 4
North Dakota State Bison 4

Voters By Conference:
Colonial Athletic Association 23
Missouri Valley Football Conference 21
Big Sky Conference 17
Southern Conference 12
Mid-Eastern Athletic conference 9
Patriot League 6
Big South Conference 3
Ohio Valley Conference 3
Southland Conference 2
Southwestern Athletic Conference 2
Independent 1
Northeast Conference 1
Ivy League 0
Pioneer Football Conference 0

MR. CHICKEN
May 28th, 2012, 03:31 PM
16519....WELL DONE....BEAR BREAFF........BRAWK!

FCS Go!
May 28th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Griz deservedly "win" most significant loss but I'm surprised everyone has them so high- force of habit I guess. Opposite for Georgetown though- 8-3 season, 17 starters returning, easy schedule, through the poor guys a bone!

JMUNJ08
May 28th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Griz deservedly "win" most significant loss but I'm surprised everyone has them so high- force of habit I guess. Opposite for Georgetown though- 8-3 season, 17 starters returning, easy schedule, through the poor guys a bone!

Seriously thought about Gtown but left them just on the outside. I could see the offseason derail the griz and left them down in at 25.

Surprised ODU isn't higher though....otherwise great early poll guys!

Screamin_Eagle174
May 28th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Unlike polls late in the season, it was hard for me to pick the top 10 outside of NDSU and SHSU, and much easier to pick 11-25 (in no particular order). It just seems that the majority of teams in the final top 10 of last year had significant losses overall, at QB, or in the case of UM, everywhere.

UM - lost HC, OC, DC, 9 starters on D, starting QB and a couple WRs I believe.
MSU - lost almost entire OL... DM might be scrambling a lot this year.
UNI - lost starting QB
ASU - lost starting QB
GSU - lost starting QB
ODU - lost contending FCS status?

LakesBison
May 28th, 2012, 06:02 PM
why would you show or publish the "next 15 teams" when this is a top 25 poll?? wierd

screamin and I agree on something. after the ToP 10 , its a crap shoot with crappy teams, ouch!

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 28th, 2012, 06:04 PM
why would you show or publish the "next 15 teams" when this is a top 25 poll?? wierd

Same reason they list the ARV teams in FBS...

Seawolf97
May 28th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Good work so early in the preseasonxthumbsupx

fatmonarch
May 28th, 2012, 06:26 PM
The only thing odu lost was its d line. We will be contending for an fcs championship this season.

superman7515
May 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
No offense, but on May 28, everyone not in the SWAC or Ivy League is contending for an FCS championship.

fatmonarch
May 28th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Just responding to the previous poster who questioned whether we would be contending.

danefan
May 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Meh....it's all a crapshoot.

Albany has to replace some key guys and find a QB. Some very promising young guys but not tested.

I think we probably could slot in anywhere from 20-30, but wih only one NEC vote, we're probably not too far off.

Screamin_Eagle174
May 28th, 2012, 07:00 PM
The only thing odu lost was its d line. We will be contending for an fcs championship this season.

My comment was in regards to eligibility... I believe that since ODU announced their FBS acceptance before June 1st, that they are ineligible to participate in the FCS playoffs this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 28th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Meh....it's all a crapshoot.

Albany has to replace some key guys and find a QB. Some very promising young guys but not tested.

I think we probably could slot in anywhere from 20-30, but wih only one NEC vote, we're probably not too far off.

I had Albany 20th.

I think people outside of the Northeast have trouble voting for NEC teams because they simply know so little about them.

fatmonarch
May 28th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Odu is eligible for the championship ths season as they are not in transition yet. They still hold the correct amount of scholarships. Odu is not eligible for the CAA championship per a league rule. They will have to receive an at large bid to the fcs playoffs.

DJKyR0
May 28th, 2012, 07:20 PM
The Colorado State folks are already chiming in about how their new head coach is going to bring some SEC-class speed to the team. It's like playing Georgia Southern all over again.

UAalum72
May 28th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Final results for the 2012 Preseason Poll:

1 North Dakota State Bison 2722 94
2 Sam Houston State Bearkats 2441 9
3 Georgia Southern Eagles 2401 4

I'll give ya the top 5 in each category.

Voters By Conference:
Colonial Athletic Association 23
Missouri Valley Football Conference 21
Big Sky Conference 17
Southern Conference 12
Mid-Eastern Athletic conference 9
Patriot League 6
Big South Conference 3
Ohio Valley Conference 3
Southland Conference 2
Southwestern Athletic Conference 2
Independent 1
Northeast Conference 1
Ivy League 0
Pioneer Football Conference 0

100 voters by conference, 107 first-place votes?

darell1976
May 28th, 2012, 07:28 PM
#34 isn't a bad place to start. Based on basically our GWFC play. I am glad to see Cal Poly in the top 25...they deserve it. Once UND starts to make some noise in BSC play there is no place to go but up!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 28th, 2012, 07:33 PM
100 voters by conference, 107 first-place votes?

Not everyone chooses a conference as that is an optional button click. Some leave it blank.

dgreco
May 28th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I voted, so it should be two. I put Albany and Bryant in my top 25. I think Bryant was a few plays away from a great season last year and I think Bryant has a good shot at winning the NEC this year.

JSUBison
May 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM

I had Georgetown at #22. They should contend for the PL auto this year.

frozennorth
May 28th, 2012, 08:45 PM
stony brook at 15 is a travesty imo.

dgreco
May 28th, 2012, 09:04 PM
stony brook at 15 is a travesty imo.
After listening to the hype I put SBU at #10.

frozennorth
May 28th, 2012, 09:16 PM
After listening to the hype I put SBU at #10.

hype? thats where they were in the final pole last year.

I had them #2.

Webzy
May 28th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Stony Brook has a lot of offensive power but their defense is really young so I would put them around 6-10. Liberty, i think somewhere 20-25 is good. They have a lot of returning players on a really good defense but their offense is young and inexperience.

Should be a really good year for the Big South.

Ginsbach
May 28th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I had a blast putting my poll together. It was difficult, but fun.

wmmii
May 28th, 2012, 10:36 PM

Time will tell, think that with all the changes you all are doing in trying to move up to CUSA that it will be a challenge this year especially since teams will now have you more on their radar than last year when you were picked to finish second to last vs what you did in your great year of second place.........

DJKyR0
May 28th, 2012, 10:53 PM
I think Illinois State is going to surprise some people. Matt Brown will be out for blood.

cbarrier90
May 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Unlike polls late in the season, it was hard for me to pick the top 10 outside of NDSU and SHSU, and much easier to pick 11-25 (in no particular order). It just seems that the majority of teams in the final top 10 of last year had significant losses overall, at QB, or in the case of UM, everywhere.

UM - lost HC, OC, DC, 9 starters on D, starting QB and a couple WRs I believe.
MSU - lost almost entire OL... DM might be scrambling a lot this year.
UNI - lost starting QB
ASU - starting QB underperformed and lost the job mid-season, switched to CB. Starting QB for 2nd half of season returns.
GSU - lost starting QB
ODU - lost contending FCS status?

fatmonarch
May 28th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Time will tell, think that with all the changes you all are doing in trying to move up to CUSA that it will be a challenge this year especially since teams will now have you more on their radar than last year when you were picked to finish second to last vs what you did in your great year of second place.........

I agree. We have a new defense that is very much unproven, but I don't think they could be worse than last year. Heinicke is no longer a secret and I'm sure opposing coaches have scouted his tendencies. The fact that we almost return everybody bodes well for success this season.

Gringer1
May 29th, 2012, 12:42 AM
The Colorado State folks are already chiming in about how their new head coach is going to bring some SEC-class speed to the team. It's like playing Georgia Southern all over again.

You can have all the speed you want. It doesn't make much of a difference if nobody blocks for you though. You can't run away from a guy that's standing in front of you :(

Tribal
May 29th, 2012, 07:37 AM
The poll looks a lot like the final standings of 4 months ago.

Smitty
May 29th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Had App a little farther down on mine and Chattanooga wasn't in the top 25

NHwildEcat
May 29th, 2012, 07:52 AM
The poll looks a lot like the final standings of 4 months ago.

Probably because over the course of the past 4 months we have seen little conversation of the actual players and teams and more discussions on which conference each team is rumored to be moving to. The conference realignment is affecting our voting panel.

BisonHype!
May 29th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I think Youngstown State will have a tough road, but should end up being higher then where they are in this poll.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Top 5 was

1. Sam Houston State (easy choice for number 1, they were probably the best team last year and have almost everything)

2. NDSU (Won it all last year, I think they would have probably beaten Sam Houston about 4 out of 10 times, dont have quite as much coming back, easy number 2 though.)

3. Georgia Southern (They are pretty solid all the way around, Don't really want to put them this high because they run the triple O, but 2 straight semis warrants it.)

4. Montana (Everyone knocked them down the list because of all the controversy, the controversy is why I have them ranked so high. It is true that most teams fold because of this much adversity. Some, however, rise to another level that they would never have reached withouth the adversity. IMO, Montana is one of those teams.

5. Montana State (Very good team, national title contender)

6. Chattanooga (So much young talent, the defense is just scary. Already the best in the SOCON in most categories and continue to add more and lose little. Offense is questionable but the talent is certainly there. They have underachieved which is why I have them so low. The last of my 6 legitimate title contenders)

Unranked: App State, (they still have a top 10 talent level overall probably, but not in the right spots. Their skill areas are pretty much void of any proven talent. Their QB was vastly overrated, the OC will help but they guy is no genius offensive mind. Moore is over a 100 years old I believe. This ship has been ready to sink for a few years now and this year it will finally happen. App will miss the playoffs and be lucky to get to .500 in SOCON play.)

BisonBacker
May 29th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I don't see why they should be any higher than where they are at this point. I think they are going to make some noise this year for sure but I had them at 21 in my poll. I think they are about where they should be. No reason to move them higher or lower and you have to remember it's just a preseason poll. Lots of shuffling will happen in the first month of the season as teams start to take shape and the pretenders will drop off fairly quickly. Tough to put together a poll this early. It's been said many times and very true polls are for the fans and preseason polls are nothing but conjecture and speculation by those same fans.

Apphole
May 29th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Top 5 was

1. Sam Houston State (easy choice for number 1, they were probably the best team last year and have almost everything)

2. NDSU (Won it all last year, I think they would have probably beaten Sam Houston about 4 out of 10 times, dont have quite as much coming back, easy number 2 though.)

3. Georgia Southern (They are pretty solid all the way around, Don't really want to put them this high because they run the triple O, but 2 straight semis warrants it.)

4. Montana (Everyone knocked them down the list because of all the controversy, the controversy is why I have them ranked so high. It is true that most teams fold because of this much adversity. Some, however, rise to another level that they would never have reached withouth the adversity. IMO, Montana is one of those teams.

6. Chattanooga (So much young talent, the defense is just scary. Already the best in the SOCON in most categories and continue to add more and lose little. Offense is questionable but the talent is certainly there. They have underachieved which is why I have them so low. The last of my 6 legitimate title contenders)

Unranked: App State, (they still have a top 10 talent level overall probably, but not in the right spots. Their skill areas are pretty much void of any proven talent. Their QB was vastly overrated, the OC will help but they guy is no genius offensive mind. Moore is over a 100 years old I believe. This ship has been ready to sink for a few years now and this year it will finally happen. App will miss the playoffs and be lucky to get to .500 in SOCON play.)
Asinine

BisonBacker
May 29th, 2012, 08:26 AM
You obviously don't know much about NDSU and what we have coming back. App unranked? NDSU at #2? Chatty at #6? Wow. I hope you didn't vote.

Top 5 was

asumike83
May 29th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Top 5 was

Chatty is a title contender and "this is the year" that App finally falls on their face. I'm starting to think you just copied and pasted your 2011 predictions. I honestly have no problem with Chattanooga getting hyped this year. I had them in my top 15 and did not have Appalachian in the top 5 either but having ASU unranked is amazing. I know you don't like us but you cannot truly believe there are 25 better teams in the FCS.

If we come into Chattanooga and get another win, I hope you will at least admit defeat this time around.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 08:35 AM
You obviously don't know much about NDSU and what we have coming back. App unranked? NDSU at #2? Chatty at #6? Wow. I hope you didn't vote.

I know they don't have as much as Sam Houston, and as I said, I really don't think you guys were the better team last year as a whole. Just on that day. Run back to talking trash about beating CSU or whatever nonsense you guys are doing and leave Chattanooga out of it. Clearly you know nothing about Southern Conference football or none of this would be a shock.

Apphole
May 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM
If we come into Chattanooga and get another win, I hope you will at least admit defeat this time around.

Don't count on it.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?94203-If-any-team-has-ever-been-lucky-to-win-a-game.....&highlight=

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 08:43 AM
I love how App State fans continue to act like their wins over Chattanooga were just run of the mill, par for the course, victories. They were extremely flukish games with crazy plays, all of which were in favor of your team and led to the narrowest of margin escapes. Both of which when your team was heavily favored. Get a reality check and put down the crack pipe. Your team is overrated, I am much more in tune with reality when it comes to this Chattanooga/App State matchup than you tools clearly are. IT IS OVER.

asumike83
May 29th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I love how App State fans continue to act like their wins over Chattanooga were just run of the mill, par for the course, victories. They were extremely flukish games with crazy plays, all of which were in favor of your team and led to the narrowest of margin escapes. Both of which when your team was heavily favored. Get a reality check and put down the crack pipe. Your team is overrated, I am much more in tune with reality when it comes to this Chattanooga/App State matchup than you tools clearly are. IT IS OVER.

And how about what each team did the rest of the season the past two years? ASU: 10-3 and 8-4 (18-7 overall). Chatty: 6-5 and 5-6 (11-11). I suppose that was a fluke too? I'm not ready to call App a top 5 team either, name recognition is a big part of preseason rankings. However, there is no reason anyone who even has a working knowledge of FCS football could say with a straight face that Appalachian is not a top 25 team. Bitterness is a stinky cologne.

BisonHype!
May 29th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I had App State #5 or #6 on my poll. Anything can happen during the season. I do expect them to be in the Top 10.

BisonBacker
May 29th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I had App at #8

GlassOnion
May 29th, 2012, 09:10 AM

In App's worst season in 6 or 7 years, we still beat Chatty and went 8-4. In Chatty's best season in 2 decades, they went 6-5, and still watched App in the playoffs from the comfort of their own homes. Why dont you peruse Chatt's NCAA Stats page, going back to 2003? Three 6-5 seasons, the rest were miserable losing records. I dont see any reason to give Chatty the benefit of the doubt when they have a PROVEN record of failure.

darell1976
May 29th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I had App at #11 but its only a preseason poll. I am sure App will be in the top 5 by playoff time.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 09:11 AM
And how about what each team did the rest of the season the past two years? ASU: 10-3 and 8-4 (18-7 overall). Chatty: 6-5 and 5-6 (11-11). I suppose that was a fluke too? I'm not ready to call App a top 5 team either, name recognition is a big part of preseason rankings. However, there is no reason anyone who even has a working knowledge of FCS football could say with a straight face that Appalachian is not a top 25 team. Bitterness is a stinky cologne.

Losing arguably the biggest game of the year that early can take a whole lot out of a team. We have seen that from Chattanooga the last 2 years. I am guessing that if Chattanooga beats app state (even though app state will be overrated and it won't be nearly as surprising as everyone will think) they will gain so much confidence and App state will be the team reeling.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 09:13 AM
In App's worst season in 6 or 7 years, we still beat Chatty and went 8-4. In Chatty's best season in 2 decades, they went 6-5, and still watched App in the playoffs from the comfort of their own homes. Why dont you peruse Chatt's NCAA Stats page, going back to 2003? Three 6-5 seasons, the rest were miserable losing records. I dont see any reason to give Chatty the benefit of the doubt when they have a PROVEN record of failure.

That's great and all, but Chattanooga is trending upward and you are trending downward. If anyone can't see that then they are blind.

Apphole
May 29th, 2012, 09:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkl-QiHe9s&list=UUEkjuXtUX1OMy-SZl8-K8_w&index=9&feature=plcp

Eaglesrus
May 29th, 2012, 09:18 AM
If I remember correctly I had GA Southern at #5, App State at #7 and Chattanooga at #11. I know we've been saying this sort of thing for a couple of years now, but I think that the SoCon is going to be more competitive than ever, thus resulting in everybody getting knocked off at least a time or two. I do think that one of our top two quarterback candidates will have a good enough grasp that, combined with his athleticism, he will enable us to overcome what we lose by not having Jaybo. I'm most concerned about our secondary, followed fairly closely by the O-line. I do think a SoCon team will make it at least to the semis and wind up in the top 4 of the post season ranking, but am not at all confident of which one that will be. I don't have access to my rankings at the moment, but I did have Albany in my top 25, maybe even somewhere between 18 - 20. I went way out in left field for some of my 16 - 25 group, though.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 09:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkl-QiHe9s&list=UUEkjuXtUX1OMy-SZl8-K8_w&index=9&feature=plcp

Is that all? Where are the highlights? Wow that is a great representation of how lucky you were to win. Absolutely nothing there that would lead one to believe that your team is going to be able to be competitive in Chattanooga this year.

Look how intense and focused the App STate players and fans were, and yet all they could do is hope for a break to go their way on their own home field. Sad really, just clinging to the past and that old magic for one more victory they could pull out of their ***.

Apphole
May 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Is that all? Where are the highlights? Wow that is a great representation of how lucky you were to win. Absolutely nothing there that would lead one to believe that your team is going to be able to be competitive in Chattanooga this year.

Look how intense and focused the App STate players and fans were, and yet all they could do is hope for a break to go their way on their own home field. Sad really, just clinging to the past and that old magic for one more victory they could pull out of their ***.

There was the whole, you know, scoring more points than your opponent thing but who's counting right?

GlassOnion
May 29th, 2012, 09:27 AM
That's great and all, but Chattanooga is trending upward and you are trending downward. If anyone can't see that then they are blind.

Good thing the trend going back two decade says Chatty will never get above 6-5 then, right?

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 09:27 AM
http://www.gomocs.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?CLIP_FILE_ID=801829&db_oem_id=17700&KEY=&id=801829&oemid=17700&CLIP_ID=788880&type=vod

A better representation of how the game played out than the homer App State video. Just look at how lame App State really was on offense.

asumike83
May 29th, 2012, 09:29 AM

Going from 6-5 to 5-6 is trending upward? Interesting observation.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Going from 6-5 to 5-6 is trending upward? Interesting.

You would have actually had to watch some games and follow the team and conference a little bit to understand. As a whole Chattanooga definitel was a better team than they were in 2012 despite the injuries and regression in certain areas.

Professor Chaos
May 29th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I know they don't have as much as Sam Houston, and as I said, I really don't think you guys were the better team last year as a whole. Just on that day. Run back to talking trash about beating CSU or whatever nonsense you guys are doing and leave Chattanooga out of it. Clearly you know nothing about Southern Conference football or none of this would be a shock.
Isn't it weird how Georgia Southern also just had a "bad day" against NDSU? Something you should learn is that games aren't won by looking at a sheet of paper and rosterbating all offseason about your "scary defense". Giving up 27 points in in 4 games to teams that average 127 cumulatively is what made NDSU better.... and that's what wins championships. Run on back to watching your "scary defense" give up more points to The Citadel than the NDSU defense did in 4 playoffs games last year.

I am much more in tune with reality...
Preposterous statement of the year no matter what follows it.

asumike83
May 29th, 2012, 09:34 AM
You would have actually had to watch some games and follow the team and conference a little bit to understand. As a whole Chattanooga definitel was a better team than they were in 2012 despite the injuries and regression in certain areas.

So they lost more games and regressed in certain areas, yet they were better. I see.

JMUNJ08
Can we move this SoCon pissing match to a different thread? App St is no longer head and shoulders above the conference but still a force agreed? Chatty if the ball bounces right and they don't choke should be a top 25 / playoff team agreed? Now let's get back to the other 120+ teams...

What was he most out of left field team people put on their ballot? Personally, I didn't have 1 but having Stony Brook in the top 10 and Montana at 25 made me look twice...

GlassOnion
A better representation of how the game played out than the homer App State video. Just look at how lame App State really was on offense.

Because there are no such things as single game highs or lows right?

If App was all lame on offense, why were we 38th in the country in total offense, and Chattanooga 94th in the nation in total offense?

I guess Chattanooga is just that much more lame, even with an NFL 20 time All-Pro in the making Quarterbacking the team.

crusader11
May 29th, 2012, 09:36 AM

And your D-coordinator!

Andy Rondeau has already made a great impression with the Holy Cross defense and he is extremely well like/respected.

asumike83
May 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM
What was he most out of left field team people put on their ballot? Personally, I didn't have 1 but having Stony Brook in the top 10 and Montana at 25 made me look twice...

I had Eastern Kentucky a bit higher than most at #13. I liked what I saw from them last year and I believe they are returning a lot.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Isn't it weird how Georgia Southern also just had a "bad day" against NDSU? Something you should learn is that games aren't won by looking at a sheet of paper and rosterbating all offseason about your "scary defense". Giving up 27 points in in 4 games to teams that average 127 cumulatively is what made NDSU better.... and that's what wins championships. Run on back to watching your "scary defense" give up more points to The Citadel than the NDSU defense did in 4 playoffs games last year.

I was actually comparing Sam Houston State to NDSU. Not the other way around. You hit a screen pass and had a nice int return. That was the difference. They were the most dominant team all year and all playoffs up to that point. They return 19 guys, inluding all of their top guys, and ya'll return 14 or 15. Not much of a stretch. I don't care about your team positively or negatively. It doesn't matter to me whether you are number 1 or Sam Houston. The evidence points me to them.

Preposterous statement of the year no matter what follows it.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Because there are no such things as single game highs or lows right?

If App was all lame on offense, why were we 38th in the country in total offense, and Chattanooga 94th in the nation in total offense?

I guess Chattanooga is just that much more lame, even with an NFL 20 time All-Pro in the making Quarterbacking the team.

Because we only played each other once.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 09:48 AM
So they lost more games and regressed in certain areas, yet they were better. I see.

Yeah and their defense which is what there whole program is going to be built on progressed from below average to an elite level. It really just depends on how smart you are to be able to look and see where a program is from one year to the next. It's the same reason that you seem to believe that App State is not on the decline as a program.

fatmonarch
May 29th, 2012, 09:50 AM
And your D-coordinator!

Andy Rondeau has already made a great impression with the Holy Cross defense and he is extremely well like/respected.

Rondeau was fired. We had one of the worst defenses in the league, but we had several stand out players on D. If our offense stays the same and our defense improves just a little, we should have a serious chance at making a run in the playoffs.

Professor Chaos
May 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I was actually comparing Sam Houston State to NDSU. Not the other way around. You hit a screen pass and had a nice int return. That was the difference. They were the most dominant team all year and all playoffs up to that point. They return 19 guys, inluding all of their top guys, and ya'll return 14 or 15. Not much of a stretch. I don't care about your team positively or negatively. It doesn't matter to me whether you are number 1 or Sam Houston. The evidence points me to them.
I see, you were comparing Sam Houston to NDSU, not NDSU to Sam Houston. Makes a lot of sense. xrolleyesx

Having Sam atop the preseason poll this year is perfectly viable. They were the national runner-up and the #1 team in the country for a good while last year and bring back almost everyone. I don't take offense to that, what I take offense to is the propensity to write off NDSU playoff wins last year because of the notion that the opposing team just had a bad day. It doesn't take a great football mind to see that NDSU's defense was the reason 1 and 1a why they won the title. A screen pass and an interception return is all NDSU needed because the Sam Houston offense couldn't even muster that against the NDSU defense. There wasn't anything flukish about the way the Bison won in the playoffs last year.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I see, you were comparing Sam Houston to NDSU, not NDSU to Sam Houston. Makes a lot of sense. xrolleyesx

Having Sam atop the preseason poll this year is perfectly viable. They were the national runner-up and the #1 team in the country for a good while last year and bring back almost everyone. I don't take offense to that, what I take offense to is the propensity to write off NDSU playoff wins last year because of the notion that the opposing team just had a bad day. It doesn't take a great football mind to see that NDSU's defense was the reason 1 and 1a why they won the title. A screen pass and an interception return is all NDSU needed because the Sam Houston offense couldn't even muster that against the NDSU defense. There wasn't anything flukish about the way the Bison won in the playoffs last year.

Point me to where I said anyone had a bad day or anything was flukish in regards to NDSU. It didn't happen, please stop making things up. I don't necessarily think Sam Houston had a bad day, I don't really think you were much better than them that day. A screen pass and a int return to the 1 are not exactly what I would call imposing your will on someone. You guys won the game and the title deservedly so. I think Sam Houston State should be ranked higher going into this year anyway.

asumike83
May 29th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah and their defense which is what there whole program is going to be built on progressed from below average to an elite level. It really just depends on how smart you are to be able to look and see where a program is from one year to the next. It's the same reason that you seem to believe that App State is not on the decline as a program.

Yes, we obviously declined last year from 10-3 to 8-4. I never said we didn't. I'd say we were going to continue to decline if the necessary changes were not made. However, we removed the problems on our coaching staff by releasing our O-Line and RB coaches, replaced them with quality coaches and also hired back an OC who has been here before and led very successful offenses. We return 8 of 10 starters on a very good defense, have much more depth at RB and a cohesive offensive coaching staff. We return 2 receivers that combined for about 900 yards last season and a QB who threw for 2,000 after earning the starting job. Our biggest questions are who will step up to be the #1 WR and how will the OL progress. Every App fan out there will tell you we had a down year in 2011, it was unacceptable. It will not become the norm though, this team will continue to improve over the next few seasons.

As I said earlier, I have Chattanooga in my top 15 so I obviously think they are a quality team. I expect them to be better this year but as a team, they did not improve from 2010 to 2011. Their defense was better but the offense was so much worse that overall, they were not as good. I watched Chattanooga play in person each of the last 3 seasons. They improved drastically from 2009 to 2010, then took a step back in 2011. If their offense can pick it up this year, they could take another step forward.

Professor Chaos
May 29th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Point me to where I said anyone had a bad day or anything was flukish in regards to NDSU. It didn't happen, please stop making things up. I don't necessarily think Sam Houston had a bad day, I don't really think you were much better than them that day. A screen pass and a int return to the 1 are not exactly what I would call imposing your will on someone. You guys won the game and the title deservedly so. I think Sam Houston State should be ranked higher going into this year anyway.
Here you go:

I really don't think you guys were the better team last year as a whole. Just on that day.
Hence, your insinuation is that either Sam Houston had an off day or that NDSU played out of their minds that day. My contention is that neither of those were the case.

katstrapper
May 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Professor Chaos,

I do agree that the NDSU defense played a perfect game and kept the Kat O at bay all day. I have gone back and watched the game over and over just to see where the Kats got beat and the fact of the matter was that NDSU was just at the right spots all day and they tackled very well. The fake punt was definitely the game changer. Its not very often that a Fritz coached team gets beat on special teams, but they did on that play.

I will say though, there was numerous running plays that the Kats were a step away from busting open. Kats were just not in sync. Bell missed several reads on the option plays, Sincere at times looked like he was running in mud. There were several play calls i questioned. The game could have been different at the half also if #4 Ryan Wilson, RB, had not dropped that pass in the flats for a TD.

BUT, I am not going to make excuses. Bison defense rose to the occassion and stopped a very high powered offense that was averaging 39 ppg.

Kats return 19 of 22 starters for 2012-2013, but the Kats wont lose much because of all the rotation of players they do on both sides of the ball. Kats most glaring weakness at this point is who will get the place kicking duties. Alaniz is gone and we only have one kicker on the roster right now, Miguel Antonio, who lost the PK duties midway through the season. Other than that, things look pretty good. Here are my questions for this season...

1. Can the Kats stay healthy all year as they did last year? That was the biggest reason for most of the success last year.
2. How much can the Kat O open up the passing game? New OC Doug Ruse is bringing a passing game to go along with the running game. Word is the running game is not to change much if at all.
3. Who will do place kicking duties? Rumor is that there is a transfer in Huntsville.
4. Just how much better can the defense be that last year? I think this group has the potential to be SCARY good this year!!

Bring it on! I am ready!!

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Yes, we obviously declined last year from 10-3 to 8-4. I never said we didn't. However, we also had a QB change mid-season and a lot of problems on our coaching staff. We have removed the problems, replaced them with quality coaches including one who has been here before and led very successful offenses. We return 8 of 10 starters on a very good defense, have much more depth at RB and a cohesive offensive coaching staff. We return 2 receivers that combined for about 900 yards last season and a QB who threw for 2,000 after earning the starting job. Our biggest questions are who will step up to be the #1 WR and how will the OL progress. Every App fan out there will tell you we had a down year in 2011, it was unacceptable. It will not become the norm though, this team will continue to improve over the next few seasons.

As I said earlier, I have Chattanooga in my top 15 so I obviously think they are a quality team. I expect them to be better this year but as a team, they did not improve from 2010 to 2011. Their defense was better but the offense was so much worse that overall, they were not as good. I watched Chattanooga play in person each of the last 3 seasons. They improved drastically from 2009 to 2010, then took a step back in 2011. If their offense can pick it up this year, they could take another step forward.

Yeah, they were easily better. There is really no debating it. There is even less of a possible debate that their program regressed. The wins and losses didn't come and if that continues soon or later it will take a major toll but we are not at that point yet. Chattanooga moved towards the type of team they want to be last year. Russ Huesman has his defense at the level he wants it. The offense is transitioning to a new offense that they want to run now that Coleman is gone, and Chattanooga continues to upgrade their depth as well as talent every year.

As far as App State goes, they are never going to be a terrible team. They have to much going for them, but they just simply aren't at the same level. I would love to hear about the "problems" with your coaching staff. Maybe you upgraded, but the main problem was that your QB who was supposed to be all american caliber didn't play like he FCS caliber. Your Oline struggled to block people, and your running backs looked pretty average. Chattanooga had some of these same issues so I'm not comparing the teams, but you guys had them as well and it showed.

FCS Go!
My outliers (vs. poll results) were Georgetown #21, Furman #22, Albany #24, E. Illinois #25. FWIW I had ODU at #2 and would have ranked Harvard but their info was too hard to find. Beloved Griz at #14 and falling...:(

Eaglesrus
Can we move this SoCon pissing match to a different thread? App St is no longer head and shoulders above the conference but still a force agreed? Chatty if the ball bounces right and they don't choke should be a top 25 / playoff team agreed? Now let's get back to the other 120+ teams...

Okay, my rankings were probably out there as much or more than anyone's. Here's the thought process behind the most so; 1) how am I going to fill out 16 - 25? 2) What conference do I know least about? (Pioneer) 3) Which of the Pioneer's teams finished at the top last year? 4) San Diego it is, so they are somewhere in my last few. Maybe crazy, but when the Toreros finish in the top 15 this year I'll look like a genius.

BisonBacker
Top 5 was

xrulesx You remind me of another poster who was here a year or two ago. Talked crap and then disappeared after his team flatlined during the regular season. Bottom line is we beat SHSU. Those returning starters they had did nothing against our defense. Not one TD. You don't want to acknowledge our team as being better then SHSU fine. But to make stupid comments like we might win 4 out of 10 times when our defense dominated them makes you deserving of all the flak you get xthumbsdownx

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Here you go:

Hence, your insinuation is that either Sam Houston had an off day or that NDSU played out of their minds that day. My contention is that neither of those were the case.

You hit a screen pass and got a long int return. You didn't run the ball better than them, pass the ball better than them, or outplay them soundly in area. Nor did they to you. You hit a couple of plays. That doesn't mean that you were the best team. You were on that day because you were the team that made those 2 plays when the game was otherwise very closely contested.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 10:14 AM
xrulesx You remind me of another poster who was here a year or two ago. Talked crap and then disappeared after his team flatlined during the regular season. Bottom line is we beat SHSU. Those returning starters they had did nothing against our defense. Not one TD. You don't want to acknowledge our team as being better then SHSU fine. But to make stupid comments like we might win 4 out of 10 times when our defense dominated them makes you deserving of all the flak you get xthumbsdownx

Their defense dominated you too. Did you watch the game?

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 29th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Teams that I had ranked that didn't make it

#14 Jacksonville State
#18 Harvard
#19 McNeese State
#24 Holy Cross
#25 Furman

Sammy94
May 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Those returning starters they had did nothing against our defense.

The returning starters we have. We are talking this upcoming year. NDSU was the better team that day and realistically if that game is played 10 times it could easily go 5/5. That game was a great match-up. But the topic is this pre-season, not the end of last. Sam returns 98% of starters on the both side of the ball THIS season.

Professor Chaos
May 29th, 2012, 10:35 AM
You hit a screen pass and got a long int return. You didn't run the ball better than them, pass the ball better than them, or outplay them soundly in area. Nor did they to you. You hit a couple of plays. That doesn't mean that you were the best team. You were on that day because you were the team that made those 2 plays when the game was otherwise very closely contested.
It's pretty clear you didn't watch the game if you thought those were the only two plays made by NDSU. There were three 4th down stops by the Bison defense including a 4th and inches stop in the 1st quarter. As katstrapper pointed out there were some very big solo tackles made by NDSU defenders that prevented sure big plays had those tackles been broken. For the game the Sam Houston offense averaged 2.8 yards per play. This coming from an offense that averaged 6.3 yards per play on the season. NDSU only averaged 4.4 yards per play so you're correct that the SHSU defense outplayed the Bison offense but that game was dominated wire to wire by the NDSU defense.

BisonBacker
May 29th, 2012, 10:44 AM

I was at the game, and I watched the dvr recorded version of the game. Bottom line is arguing with you is senseless. We won they lost and your team was where last year? Not to worry NDSU, SHSU and your team will all get their chances to prove their worth.

mmiller_34
May 29th, 2012, 10:48 AM
35 Southern Illinois Salukis 123

Can someone explain this?

Sam_Kats
May 29th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Would be fun to have a Bearkat-Bison rematch in Frisco this year. Just sayin'

JMUNJ08
May 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Can someone explain this?

Can't... I didn't get my bag full of money to put them in my poll or did I miss Matt Barkley transferring?

BisonHype!
May 29th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Would be fun to have a Bearkat-Bison rematch in Frisco this year. Just sayin'

Who knows, anything can happen in the playoffs.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Who knows, anything can happen in the playoffs.

That's my favorite part of it.

clenz
May 29th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I can't help but laugh at the people knocking UNI for the loss of Rennie. Yes, he is a big loss....but UNI returns 4 of 5 OL from last year (they also started 2 years ago as well) UNI returns every single running back (award winning David Johnson, a healthy Carlos Anderson, Zack Cutkomp who is over 4 or 5 ypc in his career as a change up back, plus adding a kid in there this year that redshirted last year that was the fastest kid in the state of Iowa his junior and senior years of HS and is built like a mac truck....oh and a reported 4/5 star transfer that was the starting running back at Kansas last year), UNI returns every WR that actually contributed last year except 1 who was an after thought by the end of the year (and we may be landing a kid that played SS at Kansas but was a 4* WR recruit out of HS...same high school as the RB transfer and Carlos Anderson and possible starting QB Lanpher).

Not only that, UNI has 2 QB's battling for the starting spot - 1 played last year and looked good, the other has a couple records in the state of OK and was 17-28 for 200+ yards and a couple TD's in the spring game...and the offense will be going back to a power-I west coast offense that produced the kind of numbers that Eric Sanders did for the first time since 07....

Barring a massive QB controversy that pulls the locker room apart (ala Davis/Rennie in 2010...a year that UNI still won the conference) UNI's offense will likely be better than it has in years.

Now, you want to question the defense of UNI, sure I'll listen to that. UNI loses pretty much the entire starting front 7 (including DPOY in the nation and conference that lead the nation in tackles, and Ben Boothby). However, UNI returns the entire secondary for the second straight year. Very very experienced and talented DB's. I'll listen to questions on the front 7 of UNI.....but then list me the last time UNI had a "bad defense".

National title for UNI? I'm not counting on it, but I'd be less shocked if UNI won it this year than I would have been in past years.

Conference title? I see no reason why at least a share isn't likely.

At large? Maybe not, but UNI only has had 2 at larges in history, and both were years we split the conference title.

I see no reason 3-2 isn't possible going through the first 5 games.

Bam
May 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I had Eastern Kentucky a bit higher than most at #13. I liked what I saw from them last year and I believe they are returning a lot.

Yes sir, I agree. The Colonels are slated to return 17 of 22 starters (10 – offense, seven defense) in 2012 including eight first team all-conference players. With this man at RB---Matt Denham ranked third in the FCS in rushing (131.4 yards/game) despite not starting the first four games of the season. After becoming the starter he averaged 184.5 yards/game over the last eight games of the season, a mark that led the nation by 35.3 yards/game. That included four games with 200-plus yards on the ground, tied for the most in the nation. Denham finished the season with eight-straight 100-yard rushing games, the longest active streak in the FCS.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 11:42 AM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=320072449

Looking at the box score and still missing the domination. Maybe I should include the punter gaining 27 yards, because outside of that and the screen play there was virtually no difference. And of course the INT that set up the easy score.

Flanders was actually the only offensive player in the game that had any sort of decent stats whatsoever and he was nowhere near his usual self. Even game, NDSU made a few more plays. That was the only difference.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I think UNI has an equal shot of going either 1-4 or 3-2 and that lands me on 2-3 with one conference loss early and having all the drive in the world to need that conference title or share of it. They come out 2-3 and they'll be on edge and attentive the next 6 games so that works in their favor with the remaining schedule which is not as tough...still tough, but not as tough as the first 5 as an aggregate.

clenz
May 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I think UNI has an equal shot of going either 1-4 or 3-2 and that lands me on 2-3 with one conference loss early and having all the drive in the world to need that conference title or share of it. They come out 2-3 and they'll be on edge and attentive the next 6 games so that works in their favor with the remaining schedule which is not as tough...still tough, but not as tough as the first 5 as an aggregate.

Sat, Sep 01 @ Wisconsin L
Sat, Sep 08 Central State University W
Sat, Sep 15 @ Iowa L (honestly possible W, not likely though)
Sat, Sep 22 @ Youngstown State W (haven't lost to YSU since Tressle was there, including multiple games with back up QB playing)
Sat, Sep 29 North Dakota State W (game is at home, family weekend, 18K there...we win)
Sat, Oct 13 @ Southern Illinois W
Sat, Oct 20 South Dakota State W
Sat, Oct 27 Illinois State W
Sat, Nov 03 @ Western Illinois W
Sat, Nov 10 @ South Dakota W
Sat, Nov 17 Missouri State W

NDSU and YSU are possible L's, no question about that. However, I don't see a loss after week 5 At worst that gives us 2 conference losses which could still tie for the league title. Mostly likely 1 conference L (if any) and in great shape.

The two FBS games this year really sway people towards knocking UNI. They may be right...I don't see it being "that bad".

BisonFan02
May 29th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Sat, Sep 22 @ Youngstown State W (haven't lost to YSU since Tressle was there, including multiple games with back up QB playing)
Sat, Sep 29 North Dakota State W (game is at home, family weekend, 18K there...we win)

NDSU and YSU are possible L's, no question about that. However, I don't see a loss after week 5 At worst that gives us 2 conference losses which could still tie for the league title. Mostly likely 1 conference L (if any) and in great shape.

The two FBS games this year really sway people towards knocking UNI. They may be right...I don't see it being "that bad".

Here's what I see....I think the 2nd FBS game is going to be killer, and you have a DII game on the schedule (need to go 8-3).

Sat, Sep 15 @ Iowa L
Sat, Sep 22 @ Youngstown State Toss up (this is almost a must win for UNI...)
Sat, Sep 29 North Dakota State L (No offense, but I don't think we as NDSU fans are going to have a tough time getting tickets...gonna be interesting to see how many Bison fans show up)
Sat, Oct 27 Illinois State Another toss-up (Like YSU...must win)

Assuming FBS losses, UNI has to come out with at least 2 wins over NDSU, YSU, and Ill St. and run the table on the rest of the conference schedule. I think the DII game and 2 FBS games are going to be too tough of a hurdle for the Panthers this year.

Gil Dobie
May 29th, 2012, 12:24 PM

Looking at the box score and still missing the domination. Maybe I should include the punter gaining 27 yards, because outside of that and the screen play there was virtually no difference. And of course the INT that set up the easy score.

Flanders was actually the only offensive player in the game that had any sort of decent stats whatsoever and he was nowhere near his usual self. Even game, NDSU made a few more plays. That was the only difference.

Bison defense gave up 27 points in 4 playoff games, Chatty gave up 28 to Georgia Southern in 1 game.

Professor Chaos
May 29th, 2012, 12:27 PM

Which is exactly what a championship contest should be if both teams play to their abilities.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Bison defense gave up 27 points in 4 playoff games, Chatty gave up 28 to Georgia Southern in 1 game.

http://graneyandthepig.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/davidvoboramri.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7gPOcIWEcaiiKdNiuNUkONGKTd9WJf eKkplGAQJanvzM7a84ivJCOjA0G

NoDak 4 Ever
May 29th, 2012, 12:34 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4cBMHYpZbj4/TOOfHmOgjNI/AAAAAAAAGfo/yV8eTKme0ww/s1600/dont-feed-the-troll.jpeg

frozennorth
May 29th, 2012, 12:35 PM

jensen also was practically broken in half in the first quarter and was unable to pass with any accuracy the rest of the game. probably the only reason the game was close.

FCS Go!
May 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Ignore List function deployed. Now if the rest of you would stop responding with quotes this thread would be readable.

BisonFan02
May 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7gPOcIWEcaiiKdNiuNUkONGKTd9WJf eKkplGAQJanvzM7a84ivJCOjA0G

Speaking of irrelevant, your boy BJ Coleman was just slightly better than irrelevant.

Hammerhead
May 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
The first down stats are all you need to see to appreciate the good defense both teams played and how close the game was.
Both teams combined for a mere 21 first downs
SHSU 4 of 18 on 3rd down and 1-4 on 4th down
NDSU 1-13 on third down and 1-1 on 4th down

I look for both teams to make waves in the 2012 playoffs.

Sammy94
May 29th, 2012, 01:08 PM
probably the only reason the game was close.

Really?

Gil Dobie
May 29th, 2012, 01:18 PM

You have accomplished the first step, admitting it to yourself.

McNeese75
May 29th, 2012, 02:25 PM
The first down stats are all you need to see to appreciate the good defense both teams played and how close the game was.
Both teams combined for a mere 21 first downs
SHSU 4 of 18 on 3rd down and 1-4 on 4th down
NDSU 1-13 on third down and 1-1 on 4th down

I look for both teams to make waves in the 2012 playoffs.

My observation was the Kats lost that game due to the Bison D getting all over Bell. He was somewhat like a fish out of water most of the day (for good reason) and was not able to pick up the team when it counted (like the Bison QB). He is a year older and more experienced so who knows this year. Another big factor in SHSU making to to Frisco was the lack of injuries on the team. That is the luck factor kicking in and just about any team that wins it all has some of that going with them.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Speaking of irrelevant, your boy BJ Coleman was just slightly better than irrelevant.

I chose the picture simply because it had the word irrelevant. BJ Coleman is already more relevant than anyone to come out of NDSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 29th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I chose the picture simply because it had the word irrelevant. BJ Coleman is already more relevant than anyone to come out of NDSU.

who?

Professor Chaos
May 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
who?
Pretty sure he's talking about this guy:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/GCHC/2005_gary_coleman.jpg

Although I'm not sure why he keeps calling him BJ and what that has to do with Chattanooga. But trying to compare anyone from NDSU to a superstar like Mr Coleman is just unfair.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 29th, 2012, 03:19 PM

Although I'm not sure why he keeps calling him BJ and what that has to do with Chattanooga. But trying to compare anyone from NDSU to a superstar like Mr Coleman is just unfair.

ah. well I've definitely seen him before.

frozennorth
May 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Really?

how many passes to wide open players flew wildly into the dirt again?

asumike83
May 29th, 2012, 03:25 PM

I'm not sure he has what you'd call ideal height for the position.

BisonBohl
May 29th, 2012, 03:29 PM
We were the best team last year and until someone else proves otherwise we are this year too, and this polls shows that. Sure some have differing views and that's fine. However the overwhelming majority disagree with them.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 29th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Although I'm not sure why he keeps calling him BJ.

Must have been how he got his coke after his parents spent all his money. A BJ is also known as a "Chattanooga lollipop".

MSU Catz
May 29th, 2012, 03:33 PM
We were the best team last year and until someone else proves otherwise we are this year too, and this polls shows that. Sure some have differing views and that's fine. However the overwhelming majority disagree with them.

That is certainly true and they earned it, but you probably don't want to get too high. EWU learned that the hard way last year when they were decimated by injuries. That can certainly happen to any team in any given year.

LakesBison
May 29th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I just posted on 2011 preseason poll:

not 1 single vote for Sam Houston State the natl runner up

and #3 was William and Mary who went 4-6 or something. wow.

BisonBohl
May 29th, 2012, 03:42 PM
That is certainly true and they earned it, but you probably don't want to get too high. EWU learned that the hard way last year when they were decimated by injuries. That can certainly happen to any team in any given year.

Absolutely, this simply just a preseason poll. Nothing more and nothing less. We have a full schedule this season to prove where and if we belong. However at this current time we have earned the right to be where we are.

Best of luck to all teams!

Sammy94
May 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM
how many passes to wide open players flew wildly into the dirt again?

I hope teams still under estimate our defense this year also.

BisonHype!
May 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM

I also agree. Anything can happen, and we had some close games even last year. We have tough division games, and anything can happen in the playoffs. Do I think NDSU will be #1 by regular seasons end? No. I do however believe they deserve the #1 ranking until proven otherwise. I think come postseason they have the opprotunity to come away with the #1 ranking. Anything can happen in the post season, and if the Bison get to play in the Fargo Dome.... well, that just isn't going to be fun for the away team. I think Sam Houston will have the #1 ranking by the end of the regular season. I think they have an easier road to survive without facing an FCS or division loss. NDSU has 4 games that could go either way. I expect the Bison to have 2 losses at the end of the regular season, but that doesn't mean they won't perform well in the playoffs. All about postseason ball. You can have the #1 ranking at the end of the regular season. I want the #1 ranking (National Championship) at the end of the postseason.

heath
May 29th, 2012, 05:59 PM
JMU got some nice transfers,and probably gave NDSU their toughest playoff game. If they can stay healthy should make a nice run. MM is usually ALL talk, just needs to stay quiet this year and have his team ready.xthumbsupx

darell1976
May 29th, 2012, 06:02 PM

That non DI game against Central State would suck if that was the reason you guys missed the playoffs. We are in the same boat with our DII game too. 7 or 8 wins is tough but when you guys are doing that with a non DI team and 2 FBS games...one of them I give you zero chance at winning (Wisconsin) and the other IMO could go either way (too bad it was Iowa and not the Gophers) its not looking too good. But anything can happen, and I wish UNI all the luck on beating those Big 10 games.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2012, 06:10 PM
JMU got some nice transfers,and probably gave NDSU their toughest playoff game. If they can stay healthy should make a nice run. MM is usually ALL talk, just needs to stay quiet this year and have his team ready.xthumbsupx

He's pretty entertaining though.

chattownmocs
May 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
So is there another vote in August? This is fun and all but I think we should get another crack at it, I already feel really bad for not ranking App.

DetroitFlyer
May 29th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Wow, not a single PFL team in the top 40.... Kind of clearly demonstrates just how biased and fan based the AGS poll is most weeks. I quit voting a couple of years ago because I just do not think this poll has any credibility at all. This is simply a fan poll of AGS members with actual rankings used as a secondary number. Anybody want to bet that at least one PFL team will be in the top 40 this season in the real polls?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Wow, not a single PFL team in the top 40.... Kind of clearly demonstrates just how biased and fan based the AGS poll is most weeks. I quit voting a couple of years ago because I just do not think this poll has any credibility at all. This is simply a fan poll of AGS members with actual rankings used as a secondary number. Anybody want to bet that at least one PFL team will be in the top 40 this season in the real polls?

If you feel like putting the real polls up against this one on a week by week or preseason basis and then compare to what actually happens I'd love to see it. There are no PFL voters, hardly any representation at all in fact to inform or discuss things with so that's on the PFL fans in my book.

If a PFL team were to go out and make some noise then they'd be recognized as a quality team in the poll quite quickly. You want to think it's some bias against the conference then feel free to do so.xthumbsupx

superman7515
May 29th, 2012, 07:14 PM
So is there another vote in August? This is fun and all but I think we should get another crack at it, I already feel really bad for not ranking App.

That was just done last year to iron out some kinks, I don't think there is another vote until after Week 1.

BlueHenSinfonian
May 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM

I seem to remember the AGS poll being a lot more accurate than the 'insider' polls last year. Yes, it's a fan poll, but many of those who post here follow not only their own team but the FCS as a whole, and watch many more games than the SIDs who end up sending in the coaches poll votes. The PFL probably suffers from some stigma due to the lack of scholarships, but the good news for the PFL is that this year with the expanded playoffs they should get an autobid and the chance to prove themselves. If the PFL makes a playoff run, it will earn some respect.

gotts
May 29th, 2012, 10:58 PM

Or, you know, people just rank PFL teams where they think they belong...

9/1/11 - UND 16 Drake 0
9/17/11 - UC Davis 31 San Diego 3

Drake and San Diego tied for the conference crown, correct?

9/3/11 - Dayton 19 Robert Morris 13 (was this the only OOC FCS win for the PFL?)

Maybe you have issues with Mr. Sagarin too? His final rankings had about 58 FCS teams ahead of the highest PFL team.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm

37 North Dakota State
62 Sam Houston State
63 Montana
75 Northern Iowa
81 Georgia Southern
95 Montana State
102 Maine
106 Lehigh
108 Illinois State
109 Cal Poly-SLO
110 Wofford
111 Southern Utah
114 Towson
115 Youngstown State
117 Indiana State
118 Harvard
120 New Hampshire
122 James Madison
123 Old Dominion
125 Eastern Washington
126 Central Arkansas
127 Chattanooga
128 North Dakota
129 Delaware
130 South Dakota
131 Appalachian State
132 Portland State
134 Furman
136 Weber State
138 Stony Brook
140 South Dakota State
143 Stephen F. Austin
144 Samford
145 Sacramento State
146 Southern Illinois
148 Northern Arizona
149 Liberty
150 Massachusetts
151 UC Davis
153 Eastern Kentucky
154 Brown
156 Citadel
157 Holy Cross
158 Norfolk State
159 Georgetown
160 Missouri State
161 Tennessee Tech
162 Bethune-Cookman
163 Murray State
164 Jacksonville State
165 William & Mary
166 Rhode Island
167 Northwestern State
168 Albany-NY
170 SC State
172 Elon
173 McNeese State
174 Duquesne
176 Drake

Remember, you can polish a turd real nice, but in the end, it's still a PFL team.

PantherRob82
May 29th, 2012, 11:42 PM

Play someone.

Houndawg
May 30th, 2012, 06:52 AM

xlolx You'll get bitched again in week six at Carbondale per tradition.

6-5 no playoff. Offense drops the ball.

DJKyR0
May 30th, 2012, 07:05 AM
The SHSU #1 votes I can dig with how much they return despite some coaching turnover, but which homers gave Georgia Southern the #1's over NDSU after the latter beat the former by four touchdowns in the playoffs? Talk to me, Goose.

Eaglesrus
May 30th, 2012, 07:15 AM
The SHSU #1 votes I can dig with how much they return despite some coaching turnover, but which homers gave Georgia Southern the #1's over NDSU after the latter beat the former by four touchdowns in the playoffs? Talk to me, Goose.

Wasn't me, as I stated in an earlier post. I have SHSU #1 (with NDSU #2).

darell1976
May 30th, 2012, 08:10 AM

I had NDSU #1, SHSU #2 and GSU #4.

BisonBacker
May 30th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I had Georgia Southern at #5 in my poll.

Eaglesrus
May 30th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I had Georgia Southern at #5 in my poll.

Were you looking over my shoulder?

asumike83
May 30th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I reached a bit and had ODU/Towson ranked very high. My top 5:

1) NDSU
2) Sam Houston
3) Old Dominion
4) Towson
5) Georgia Southern

ODU and Towson were both so strong last year and still quite young. That Towson pick may come back to bite me but I'm very high on ODU.

Apphole
May 30th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I'm pretty sure I had
1. NDSU
2. Sam Houston
3. GaSo
4. Maine
5. App

GOODY26
May 30th, 2012, 09:24 AM
My Spartans are ranked about right.xnodx

Professor Chaos
May 30th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I had Sam Houston at #1. Mainly because I thought they were pretty even with NDSU at the end of last year and the Bison lost more than the Bearkats did to graduation.

And I'd prefer if Sam had the #1 target on their back to start the year. Call it EWU induced paranoia. xpeacex

It would also give our boys a little bit of extra motivation and be a good way to keep them grounded to start the year at #2.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM

There was one GSU fan that voted them #1. The rest are not GSU fans. Since he was not the only #1 vote for them and other non fans voted for them as well it ain't a homer situation.

As has been said. People have different philosophies on the poll and to a lot of people the preseason poll is a chance to predict how teams will finish, to others it's an extension of what has happened recently.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2012, 12:12 PM
BTW, you guys have emails that you can go copy and paste the picks here if you want to.

As it was last year, it is completely fine to post your ballot after the poll goes up, not before.

Apphole
May 30th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Here's mine: (just to preface, 15 on are pretty uneducated)
1: North Dakota State Bison
2: Sam Houston State Bearkats
3: Georgia Southern Eagles
4: Maine Black Bears
5: Appalachian State Mountaineers
6: Chattanooga Mocs
7: Montana State Bobcats
8: James Madison Dukes
9: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
10: Montana Grizzlies
11: Wofford Terriers
12: Northern Iowa Panthers
13: Stony Brook Seawolves
14: Furman Paladins
15: Central Arkansas Bears
16: Albany Great Danes
17: Elon Phoenix
18: New Hampshire Wildcats
19: Richmond Spiders
20: Villanova Wildcats
21: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
22: Liberty Flames
23: North Dakota Fighting Sioux
24: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
25: Western Illinois Leathernecks

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2012, 12:20 PM
You are missing a couple teams that probably could have/should have been in spots that Villanova and some others took up though. I think you are gonna get your *** ripped.xlolx

darell1976
May 30th, 2012, 12:21 PM

xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

darell1976
May 30th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Here is my poll: After 15 it got pretty tough.

3: Montana Grizzlies
4: Georgia Southern Eagles
5: Northern Iowa Panthers
6: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
7: Maine Black Bears
8: Montana State Bobcats
9: Old Dominion Monarchs
10: Towson Tigers
11: Appalachian State Mountaineers
12: New Hampshire Wildcats
13: Wofford Terriers
14: James Madison Dukes
16: Cal Poly Mustangs
17: North Dakota Fighting Sioux
18: Harvard Crimson
19: Stony Brook Seawolves
20: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
21: Indiana State Sycamores
22: Youngstown State Penguins
23: Eastern Washington Eagles
24: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
25: Furman Paladins

fatmonarch
May 30th, 2012, 12:27 PM

I'm assuming you thought odu wasn't eligible. If not I'm curious to know why they aren't included.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I'm assuming you thought odu wasn't eligible. If not I'm curious to know why they aren't included.

There's one. Now for a Towson fan.xlolx

edited...Maine's on there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 30th, 2012, 01:01 PM
My shot in the dark...

2: Georgia Southern Eagles
3: Sam Houston State Bearkats
4: James Madison Dukes
5: Towson Tigers
6: Stony Brook Seawolves
8: Appalachian State Mountaineers
9: Youngstown State Penguins
10: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
11: Northern Iowa Panthers
12: Old Dominion Monarchs
13: Wofford Terriers
14: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
15: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
16: Montana Grizzlies
17: Cal Poly Mustangs
18: Harvard Crimson
19: McNeese State Cowboys
20: Albany Great Danes
21: New Hampshire Wildcats
22: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
24: Holy Cross Crusaders

gotts
May 30th, 2012, 01:03 PM
4: Montana Grizzlies
5: Montana State Bobcats
6: Northern Iowa Panthers
7: Maine Black Bears
8: Appalachian State Mountaineers
9: James Madison Dukes
11: Stony Brook Seawolves
12: Towson Tigers
13: Old Dominion Monarchs
14: New Hampshire Wildcats
15: Indiana State Sycamores
16: Harvard Crimson
17: Youngstown State Penguins
18: Wofford Terriers
19: Central Arkansas Bears
20: Cal Poly Mustangs
21: Albany Great Danes
22: Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles
23: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
24: Illinois State Redbirds
25: Chattanooga Mocs

asumike83
May 30th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Rip away:

3: Old Dominion Monarchs
4: Towson Tigers
5: Georgia Southern Eagles
6: Appalachian State Mountaineers
7: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
8: Montana Grizzlies
9: Northern Iowa Panthers
10: Montana State Bobcats
11: James Madison Dukes
12: Stony Brook Seawolves
13: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
14: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
15: Maine Black Bears
16: Chattanooga Mocs
17: New Hampshire Wildcats
18: Youngstown State Penguins
19: Central Arkansas Bears
20: Indiana State Sycamores
21: Illinois State Redbirds
22: Norfolk State Spartans
24: Liberty Flames

Apphole
May 30th, 2012, 01:21 PM

Yes

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 30th, 2012, 01:53 PM
6: Chattanooga Mocs xconfusedx
17: Elon Phoenix xlolx

What? No Western?

alvinkayak6
May 30th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Too high:
6 Northern Iowa Panthers 1794 0 A lot of questions at UNI this year. History shows they are normally a Top 10 team, but a rough schedule and new QB on a team that either needs to beat Iowa or Wisconsin to have a shot at an at-large bid makes #6 a little too high for me. Sept schedule is @Wisconsin, @Iowa, Central State (doesn't help playoff bid), @YSU, NDSU. Going 3-2 in the first 5 would be a great start.
34 North Dakota Fighting Sioux 146 I have them going 3-8 with this schedule. Getting above .500 would be quite the accomplishment.

Too low:
Didn't see anyone that really jumped out at this point.

I agree with everything for the most part, but don't you think Stony Brook should be in the top 10? This is a Big South team playing like an upper tier MVFC team. Kyle Essington at quarterback along with the newcomer Marcus Coker, who received Heisman votes last year in the Big Ten. Stony Brook is the team everyone seems to keep forgetting.

alvinkayak6
May 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM
What? No Western?

I am confused where Western Illinois is coming from. There is no Matt Bartender any more.

Screamin_Eagle174
May 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM
BTW, you guys have emails that you can go copy and paste the picks here if you want to.

As it was last year, it is completely fine to post your ballot after the poll goes up, not before.

Never got a copy sent to my email. I know that it usually does send one, but didn't happen this time.

Yes, I used the correct email.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I agree with everything for the most part, but don't you think Stony Brook should be in the top 10? This is a Big South team playing like an upper tier MVFC team. Kyle Essington at quarterback along with the newcomer Marcus Coker, who received Heisman votes last year in the Big Ten. Stony Brook is the team everyone seems to keep forgetting.

How is everyone forgetting about them? They are ranked in the elite of the division right now with many of the usual heavyweights of the division? They show tremendous promise, won an opening round game against Albany and then lost in the round of 16. I can not see how they are being forgotten about.

Apphole
May 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
What? No Western?

As much as I hated to put Chatty up there, I feel like they could actually do well this year. You're probably right though. The UTC choke artists are just losers, and we all know what losers tend to do.

Any team with Aaron Mellette has the potential to do some serious damage.

I rated so many SoCon teams so high because I feel like the SoCon is far and away the strongest conference this year.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Never got a copy sent to my email. I know that it usually does send one, but didn't happen this time.

Yes, I used the correct email.I'm not so sure you did. should the trailing be "gmai.com" or "gmail.com".

if you want I'll fix it and send it to ya. Just want to make sure that gmai.com is not where it was supposed to go.xlolx

Sammy94
May 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I can not see how they are being forgotten about.

I have SB 5th or 6th. Besides the NC game, they were our toughest opponent all year and gave us a real scare at Bowers. With the addition of Coker this team should be in the top 10.

frozennorth
May 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Here is my poll: After 15 it got pretty tough.

17: North Dakota Fighting Sioux

19: Stony Brook Seawolves
20: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
21: Indiana State Sycamores
22: Youngstown State Penguins

all of those teams would beat UND senseless. oh well, to each his own I suppose

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I have SB 5th or 6th. Besides the NC game, they were our toughest opponent all year and gave us a real scare at Bowers. With the addition of Coker this team should be in the top 10.

Possible, but not a guarantee at this point. I watched the game they were very good, I watched them play Albany and both teams were good and Albany took them to the mat so should everyone use transitive reasoning on Albany as well?

They are being thought about, not forgotten about.

Screamin_Eagle174
May 30th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I'm not so sure you did. should the trailing be "gmai.com" or "gmail.com".

if you want I'll fix it and send it to ya. Just want to make sure that gmai.com is not where it was supposed to go.xlolx

gmai.com is the new format. Googe was bought by the Koreans and no ronger rikes "l's".

Thanks. :D

Screamin_Eagle174
May 30th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I didn't include ODU as I thought they were ineligible for the postseason because of their FBS announcement before June 1st. Otherwise they would be in my top 10, probably around 6th or 7th, everyone else getting kicked down a notch. Sorry Colgate. xlolx

3: Towson Tigers
4: Wofford Terriers
5: Georgia Southern Eagles
6: Montana State Bobcats
7: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
8: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
9: Maine Black Bears
10: Appalachian State Mountaineers
11: Eastern Washington Eagles
14: Montana Grizzlies
15: James Madison Dukes
16: New Hampshire Wildcats
17: Cal Poly Mustangs
18: Central Arkansas Bears
19: Furman Paladins
20: Youngstown State Penguins
21: Illinois State Redbirds
23: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
24: Chattanooga Mocs
25: Colgate Raiders

crusader11
May 30th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Colgate is probably the 4th or 5th best Patriot League team. No way should they be receiving Top 25 votes.

RabidRabbit
May 30th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I wasn't as focused as I have been other years, so there's a team or two missing that should be there (Harvard, rep of best of Ivy), and some that shouldn't be (Wagner?). Looking forward to a NEW season of football.

2: Georgia Southern Eagles
3: Montana Grizzlies
4: Sam Houston State Bearkats
5: Old Dominion Monarchs
6: James Madison Dukes
8: Northern Iowa Panthers
9: Appalachian State Mountaineers
11: Cal Poly Mustangs
12: Towson Tigers
13: Central Arkansas Bears
14: Stony Brook Seawolves
15: Youngstown State Penguins
16: Wagner Seahawks
17: Wofford Terriers
18: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
19: South Carolina State Bulldogs
20: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
21: Albany Great Danes
22: Grambling State Tigers
23: Florida A&M Rattlers
24: Fordham Rams
25: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens

DJKyR0
May 30th, 2012, 07:22 PM

This. This thissity this this.

TheRevSFA
May 30th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Sorry I missed the vote. Father in law passed and dealt with it. I'd have voted the same though

Ginsbach
May 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Here was my attempt at it.

4: Montana State Bobcats
5: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
6: Stony Brook Seawolves
7: Cal Poly Mustangs
8: Northern Iowa Panthers
9: Appalachian State Mountaineers
11: New Hampshire Wildcats
12: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
13: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
14: Youngstown State Penguins
15: Albany Great Danes
16: Eastern Washington Eagles
17: Indiana State Sycamores
18: James Madison Dukes
19: Old Dominion Monarchs
20: Wofford Terriers
21: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
22: Harvard Crimson
23: Fordham Rams
24: William & Mary Tribe
25: Chattanooga Mocs

darell1976
May 30th, 2012, 09:49 PM

Didn't happen the last time Stony Brook played UND. 31-24 in 2009.
As for the other teams...We will find out Oct 6th if EW beats UND senseless.

Screamin_Eagle174
May 30th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Don't worry, we won't spare any expense with UND's initiation into the BSC, a la UNC in 2006. xcoffeex
http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/101406aaa.html

BTW, EWU went 3-8 that year. xlolx

darell1976
May 30th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Don't worry, we won't spare any expense with UND's initiation into the BSC, a la UNC in 2006. xcoffeex
http://goeags.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/101406aaa.html

BTW, EWU went 3-8 that year. xlolx

I would hope we are way better than UNC, and I hope with UND very much under the radar in the BSC they can come out and shock some teams.

gotts
May 30th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I would hope we are way better than UNC, and I hope with UND very much under the radar in the BSC they can come out and shock some teams.

Way better meaning 2 points better?

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=6399&DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205324605

Don't worry though, they were the best 0-8 team in the country, or at least that's what Muss said.

frozennorth
May 31st, 2012, 12:19 AM

results from 3 years ago are highly relevant.

danefan
May 31st, 2012, 06:28 AM
Possible, but not a guarantee at this point. I watched the game they were very good, I watched them play Albany and both teams were good and Albany took them to the mat so should everyone use transitive reasoning on Albany as well?

They are being thought about, not forgotten about.

I think it's possible to have Stony Brook in the Top 15 and not have Albany ranked.

Albany has to find a QB. Without knowing that, I think we are a 20-30 team.

Stony Brook replaced what it lost and then some.

darell1976
May 31st, 2012, 08:49 AM
Way better meaning 2 points better?

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=6399&DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205324605

Don't worry though, they were the best 0-8 team in the country, or at least that's what Muss said.

For a team that went 3-8 in 2010...going 8-3 (5-3 vs DI teams) is a hell of a turnaround no matter how watered down you Bison fans play it. Kinda like when NDSU went 3-8 in 2009 you guys turned things around in 2010 didn't you? I guess that was watered down too.

darell1976
May 31st, 2012, 08:56 AM
results from 3 years ago are highly relevant.

But you like to throw irrelevant things at UND all the time frozennorth. Just because you hate UND at least have some kind of facts to back up your hate. The phrase "all those teams would beat UND senseless" is based on what besides hatred for UND. How would these teams do in the Alerus? Stony Brook lost in 09, EW...lost at the Dakotadome, YSU beat NDSU in the Fargodome (so what UND did that every time they played except in 2000), Indiana State, and Delaware (UND has never faced them). So is it their style of play, UND losing players, what is your basis on this. Because statements like this....makes you look like a typical NDSU loving, UND hating fan. And we already have plenty of them...at least most of them can throw a fact in there.

gotts
May 31st, 2012, 09:13 AM
For a team that went 3-8 in 2010...going 8-3 (5-3 vs DI teams) is a hell of a turnaround no matter how watered down you Bison fans play it. Kinda like when NDSU went 3-8 in 2009 you guys turned things around in 2010 didn't you? I guess that was watered down too.

You said you hoped UND was way better than UNC. I was simply pointing out that UND barely squeaked by UNC, so why should one feel UND is way better than UNC?

darell1976
May 31st, 2012, 09:33 AM
You said you hoped UND was way better than UNC. I was simply pointing out that UND barely squeaked by UNC, so why should one feel UND is way better than UNC?

UNC hasn't won anything since joining the Big Sky let alone leaving DII and has their team showed any improvement? 0-11 and losing to a non DI team in the same year. UND was never that bad. Yes we lost to Sioux Falls in 09 but we did win 6 games, finished 6-5 overall (6-4 vs DI teams), and beating ranked Cal Poly in our first full DI schedule (3rd year of transition). UND has improved from our injury prone 3-8 season in 2010. Improved enough to beat 2 ranked teams and they get to hang another conference championship banner in the Alerus Center this fall. So IMO....UND is better than UNC.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 31st, 2012, 11:38 AM
I think it's possible to have Stony Brook in the Top 15 and not have Albany ranked.

Albany has to find a QB. Without knowing that, I think we are a 20-30 team.

Stony Brook replaced what it lost and then some.

Absolutely. I have SB in my top 15 and Albany outside of it. What I was getting at in that post was the trasitional reasoning of SB being the toughest game SHSU played at home last year. I mean that is not reasoning to me. It's a clue because they got in and played a hell of a game against a real quality team but it ain't everything. On top of that the original statement was that people seem to be forgetting about them. Don't see how that's possible since they were on almost everyone's ballot and people ranked them in the top 12% of all FCS teams.

They played SHSU tough, but didn't beat them.

Albany took SB to the limit but didn't beat them.

That is some of the reason that the teams can be in different spots in the poll and even separated by 10 spots or so is all I'm saying.

frozennorth
May 31st, 2012, 02:42 PM
Absolutely. I have SB in my top 15 and Albany outside of it. What I was getting at in that post was the trasitional reasoning of SB being the toughest game SHSU played at home last year. I mean that is not reasoning to me. It's a clue because they got in and played a hell of a game against a real quality team but it ain't everything. On top of that the original statement was that people seem to be forgetting about them. Don't see how that's possible since they were on almost everyone's ballot and people ranked them in the top 12% of all FCS teams.

They played SHSU tough, but didn't beat them.

Albany took SB to the limit but didn't beat them.

That is some of the reason that the teams can be in different spots in the poll and even separated by 10 spots or so is all I'm saying.

the also nearly beat utep and the rolled big south in a similar manner to shsu, and went 9-1 down the stretch.

really they were a few plays from being 10-1 last year.

frozennorth
May 31st, 2012, 08:44 PM
But you like to throw irrelevant things at UND all the time frozennorth. Just because you hate UND at least have some kind of facts to back up your hate. The phrase "all those teams would beat UND senseless" is based on what besides hatred for UND. How would these teams do in the Alerus? Stony Brook lost in 09, EW...lost at the Dakotadome, YSU beat NDSU in the Fargodome (so what UND did that every time they played except in 2000), Indiana State, and Delaware (UND has never faced them). So is it their style of play, UND losing players, what is your basis on this. Because statements like this....makes you look like a typical NDSU loving, UND hating fan. And we already have plenty of them...at least most of them can throw a fact in there.

What exactly gives you confidence that UND will be anything other than the crappy team they've been the last 3-4 years? It's not like sioux falls were fluke losses, UND has consistently played it close (or for that mater, been blown out) with bottom feeders for years. The talent is unproven, and your best win last year was an suu team that went 0-for-dakota.

BTW, aren't you the guy that never actually attended UND?

DJKyR0
May 31st, 2012, 08:58 PM

So it has to be that he has some grudge against UND instead of the fact that UND just isn't a very good football team?

clenz
May 31st, 2012, 08:59 PM
What exactly gives you confidence that UND will be anything other than the crappy team they've been the last 3-4 years? It's not like sioux falls were fluke losses, UND has consistently played it close (or for that mater, been blown out) with bottom feeders for years. The talent is unproven, and your best win last year was an suu team that went 0-for-dakota.

So one has to attend a school to be a fan of it?

Does the same apply to pro teams? You can only be a fan if you played for the team/were front office?

darell1976
May 31st, 2012, 09:48 PM
So one has to attend a school to be a fan of it?

Does the same apply to pro teams? You can only be a fan if you played for the team/were front office?

I have only heard that from Bison fans against me and and another Sioux fan. They claim you must attend the school you are a fan of or else you know absolutely nothing about the school. Even thought there are some who attend colllege just for the academics (hard to imagine) and doesn't care about sports.

darell1976
May 31st, 2012, 09:56 PM

To answer your stupid question...yes I never attended UND. I attended a business college in Grand Forks instead. As for your other question...UND hasn't been crappy for the last 3-4 years. Last year 8-3 and conference co-champs, year before yes crappy 3-8, year before that 6-5 and before that 6-4. UND has recruited a lot of good players for this year and the upcoming years. Their biggest puzzle piece that was missing was the QB position, so they got a FBS transfer and some who has seen him workout say he could be the real deal. UND beat an SUU team on the road who was ranked 17th, beat an FBS team (UNLV) and beat BSC team Sac State. They did finish with a winning record. Which bottom feeders blew UND out? Yes UND played some teams close so what like NDSU doesn't play teams close. What matters more the score or who wins. You need 7 wins for a shot at the playoffs, not you need a certain score to make the playoffs. I still love how you bring up Sioux Falls. Everything goes back to Sioux Falls. So when you mention SDSU do you bring up Wisconsin-Lacrosse? Yeah thats what I thought.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 31st, 2012, 09:56 PM
I have only heard that from Bison fans against me and and another Sioux fan. They claim you must attend the school you are a fan of or else you know absolutely nothing about the school. Even thought there are some who attend colllege just for the academics (hard to imagine) and doesn't care about sports.

Well be sure and point those people out if they attended NDSU and then talk about a B10/PAC/SEC team then.

darell1976
May 31st, 2012, 10:00 PM
So it has to be that he has some grudge against UND instead of the fact that UND just isn't a very good football team?

I love you Bison fans...because UND didn't go 10-1 in transition they aren't good...didn't we just go 8-3 overall, 3-1 in the GWFC and win a share of a conference title. I will have to take a look at that banner when I go to the Alerus in September but I think it will say UND 2011 GWFC Co-Champs. Yeah we are no good. Sorry we can't win a National Title like some teams or make the playoffs during our transition...but we did go 3-8 in 2010 like another team did in 2009 while playoff eligible.

darell1976
May 31st, 2012, 10:03 PM
Well be sure and point those people out if they attended NDSU and then talk about a B10/PAC/SEC team then.

Whats funny is that they go onto the Siouxsports.com site and call out the ones who didn't attend UND like that is a requirement to give your opinion or be a fan. I guess since I didn't enter the NFL or MLB I can't be a fan of the Dolphins or Indians. Damn I guess I will just cheer for my high school teams.

LakesBison
May 31st, 2012, 10:05 PM
to even compare the 2 transitions to D1 is laughable, NDSU is supersized. their's to 2 fries.

FBS wins (leadoff on ESPN for goph game) vs NAIA losses

#1 rankings vs Never ranked outside screw-up's in ballots.

20,000+ vs 6,800 attendences

ill stop there and be quiet.

darell1976
May 31st, 2012, 10:06 PM
to even compare the 2 transitions to D1 is laughable, NDSU is supersized. their's to 2 fries.

FBS wins (leadoff on ESPN for goph game) vs NAIA losses

#1 rankings vs Never ranked outside screw-up's in ballots.

20,000+ vs 6,800

ill stop there and be quiet.

Thank you!

gotts
May 31st, 2012, 10:45 PM
http://informlocal.com/images/beating-dead-horse%202.gif

DJKyR0
May 31st, 2012, 11:06 PM
I love you Bison fans...because UND didn't go 10-1 in transition they aren't good...didn't we just go 8-3 overall, 3-1 in the GWFC and win a share of a conference title.

I love you UND fans. You look at 8-3 and figure all's good. Let's discount the sub-DI wins, and that's five wins against like competition. In a regular season, that's not even close to playoff qualification, which I would label as a "good season." Add in that one of those was against winless UNC (whom UND barely squeaked past), another against non-scholarship Drake (the kind of team you folks have roasted NDSU over the coals for playing) and that the "signature" win not only of the season but of your entire transition was against an at-the-time ranked SUU (what was it, 24th? Blow me away!) and it suddenly isn't a very impressive season. The GWFC title is a nice bit of fluffery to make UND players feel dandy for stepping into the waiting hornets' nest that is the nickname situation, but ultimately it means you were the best team in a bad conference. That doesn't equate to you being good. Some lower-tier conference winners are really good - case in point, Lehigh last season. Easily one of the best teams in the nation. Then look at the NEC - Robert Morris gets blown out in the playoffs last year as the conference champion and Albany gets beat again this past season by Stony Brook.

Now, apply that to a fully-fledged D-I conference schedule (still not entirely D-I) and UND is going to run into problems. Is it really that difficult to see why UND does not have a good football team by an objective definition of the word "good?"

Note: The fact that your team isn't awful like they were doesn't mean they are good. The absence of atrociousness is not necessarily a positive indication of anything better than mediocrity, which UND fans have had to put up with and readjust to in the past few years.

frozennorth
June 1st, 2012, 03:24 AM
To answer your stupid question...yes I never attended UND. I attended a business college in Grand Forks instead. As for your other question...UND hasn't been crappy for the last 3-4 years. Last year 8-3 and conference co-champs, year before yes crappy 3-8, year before that 6-5 and before that 6-4. UND has recruited a lot of good players for this year and the upcoming years. Their biggest puzzle piece that was missing was the QB position, so they got a FBS transfer and some who has seen him workout say he could be the real deal. UND beat an SUU team on the road who was ranked 17th, beat an FBS team (UNLV) and beat BSC team Sac State. They did finish with a winning record. Which bottom feeders blew UND out? Yes UND played some teams close so what like NDSU doesn't play teams close. What matters more the score or who wins. You need 7 wins for a shot at the playoffs, not you need a certain score to make the playoffs. I still love how you bring up Sioux Falls. Everything goes back to Sioux Falls. So when you mention SDSU do you bring up Wisconsin-Lacrosse? Yeah thats what I thought.

I da Ho?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/155/year/2011/north-dakota

That is not the kind of record a good team puts up. A normal school with normal fans would be embarrassed.

frozennorth
June 1st, 2012, 03:29 AM
I love you Bison fans...because UND didn't go 10-1 in transition they aren't good...didn't we just go 8-3 overall, 3-1 in the GWFC and win a share of a conference title. I will have to take a look at that banner when I go to the Alerus in September but I think it will say UND 2011 GWFC Co-Champs. Yeah we are no good. Sorry we can't win a National Title like some teams or make the playoffs during our transition...but we did go 3-8 in 2010 like another team did in 2009 while playoff eligible.
last year was the weakest year of the great west's football history. It's like winning the big east after miami and vtech left, just doesn't mean much.

darell1976
June 1st, 2012, 08:08 AM
last year was the weakest year of the great west's football history. It's like winning the big east after miami and vtech left, just doesn't mean much.

So you are saying Cal Poly isn't that good because they played in a weak conference. I seem to remember NDSU playing in a conference that was weak. UNC, SDSU (losing to DIII Wisconsin-Lacrosse), Southern Utah (Hell UND beat them in 2007 when we were in DII). But I think if I go back I can see Bison fans pumping their chests in 2006 after winning the GWFC title. I know how they were bitching they couldn't make the playoffs so winning the conference was a big deal...hell those players got rings.

As for getting blownout by bottom feeders you are talking about Idaho? FBS Idaho. Okay..which FCS team are you talking about.

darell1976
June 1st, 2012, 08:14 AM
I love you UND fans. You look at 8-3 and figure all's good. Let's discount the sub-DI wins, and that's five wins against like competition. In a regular season, that's not even close to playoff qualification, which I would label as a "good season." Add in that one of those was against winless UNC (whom UND barely squeaked past), another against non-scholarship Drake (the kind of team you folks have roasted NDSU over the coals for playing) and that the "signature" win not only of the season but of your entire transition was against an at-the-time ranked SUU (what was it, 24th? Blow me away!) and it suddenly isn't a very impressive season. The GWFC title is a nice bit of fluffery to make UND players feel dandy for stepping into the waiting hornets' nest that is the nickname situation, but ultimately it means you were the best team in a bad conference. That doesn't equate to you being good. Some lower-tier conference winners are really good - case in point, Lehigh last season. Easily one of the best teams in the nation. Then look at the NEC - Robert Morris gets blown out in the playoffs last year as the conference champion and Albany gets beat again this past season by Stony Brook.

Now, apply that to a fully-fledged D-I conference schedule (still not entirely D-I) and UND is going to run into problems. Is it really that difficult to see why UND does not have a good football team by an objective definition of the word "good?"

Note: The fact that your team isn't awful like they were doesn't mean they are good. The absence of atrociousness is not necessarily a positive indication of anything better than mediocrity, which UND fans have had to put up with and readjust to in the past few years.

I love to compare things but first SUU was ranked #17 not 24. Did NDSU have a "good" season in 2010 after going 3-8 the year before? I think so they turned things around. Did UND have a good season after going 3-8 in 2010...I think so they went from 3 wins and zero road wins to 5 FCS wins and winning 3 on the road. They almost beat FBS Fresno State (they gave up a TD with 9 minutes left), the 2011 team did a hell of a turnaround and this 2012 team with a full conference schedule is going to do better than in 2011. We will just wait and see. Besides I would worry more about if NDSU can stay on top rather if UND can rise through the polls.

Professor Chaos
June 1st, 2012, 08:42 AM
So you are saying Cal Poly isn't that good because they played in a weak conference. I seem to remember NDSU playing in a conference that was weak. UNC, SDSU (losing to DIII Wisconsin-Lacrosse), Southern Utah (Hell UND beat them in 2007 when we were in DII). But I think if I go back I can see Bison fans pumping their chests in 2006 after winning the GWFC title. I know how they were bitching they couldn't make the playoffs so winning the conference was a big deal...hell those players got rings.

As for getting blownout by bottom feeders you are talking about Idaho? FBS Idaho. Okay..which FCS team are you talking about.
NDSU found out firsthand what it was like going from the Great West to a real conference. The first 3 years in the MVFC we went 10-14. NDSU's scheduling was much better in the 10-1 seasons than UND's was last year and even that didn't hold a candle to the grind of an 8 game conference schedule in a good conference. UND is going to have to get acclimated to quality competition week in and week out and that's not something that'll happen in one year. You can hope n' dream about contending for Big Sky championships and playoff runs but until you get a full year of Big Sky conference play under your belts I'd temper the enthusiasm. You're setting yourself up for a fall just like us NDSU fans had in 2008.

Ginsbach
June 1st, 2012, 08:49 AM

Hm.

UND vs FBS:
Idaho (2011) - 14-44 (L)
Idaho (2010) - 0-45 (L)
Northern Illinois (2010) - 17-23 (L)
Texas Tech (2009) - 13-38 (L)

NDSU vs FBS:
Minnesota (2011) - 37-24 (W)
Kansas (2010) - 6-3 (W)
Iowa State (2009) - 17-34 (L)
Wyoming (2008) - 13-16 (L)
Central Michigan (2007) - 44-14 (W)
Minnesota (2007) - 27-21 (W)
Ball State (2006) - 29-24 (W)
Minnesota (2006) - 9-10 (L)

darell1976
June 1st, 2012, 08:50 AM
NDSU found out firsthand what it was like going from the Great West to a real conference. The first 3 years in the MVFC we went 10-14. NDSU's scheduling was much better in the 10-1 seasons than UND's was last year and even that didn't hold a candle to the grind of an 8 game conference schedule in a good conference. UND is going to have to get acclimated to quality competition week in and week out and that's not something that'll happen in one year. You can hope n' dream about contending for Big Sky championships and playoff runs but until you get a full year of Big Sky conference play under your belts I'd temper the enthusiasm. You're setting yourself up for a fall just like us NDSU fans had in 2008.

I went with Cal Poly or MSU for the BSC title and as for UND in the playoffs we will see if that DII game plays a big factor we would have to win 7 out of 10 games this fall and its not an easy task. I am just saying UND isn't a bad team. UND has had a rough transition but things are looking a lot better than it did in 2010 (3-8). This full BSC schedule is what UND needs. Its hard to get all pumped up to play Black Hills State after playing a FCS team, then after BHSU play other FCS team then another DII after that. It was a total roller coaster. At least this way once you get SDSoM out of the way its all DI. Even after the PSU game, UND has to get ready for FBS competition. So this should toughen the team up.

darell1976
June 1st, 2012, 08:53 AM
Hm.

UND vs FBS:
Idaho (2011) - 14-44 (L)
Idaho (2010) - 0-45 (L)
Northern Illinois (2010) - 17-23 (L)
Texas Tech (2009) - 13-38 (L)

NDSU vs FBS:
Minnesota (2011) - 37-24 (W)
Kansas (2010) - 6-3 (W)
Iowa State (2009) - 17-34 (L)
Wyoming (2008) - 13-16 (L)
Central Michigan (2007) - 44-14 (W)
Minnesota (2007) - 27-21 (W)
Ball State (2006) - 29-24 (W)
Minnesota (2006) - 9-10 (L)

6 points is a blowout? Plus I didn't think the 2010 NIU team was a bottom feeder...that's right they went 11-3. Like I said which FCS bottom feeders blewout UND?

BTW...Texas Tech is not a bottom feeder (2009 they went 9-4 in the Big 12), and Idaho was 6-7 in 2010 also not a bottom feeder.

Ginsbach
June 1st, 2012, 09:03 AM
6 points is a blowout? Plus I didn't think the 2010 NIU team was a bottom feeder...that's right they went 11-3. Like I said which FCS bottom feeders blewout UND?

BTW...Texas Tech is not a bottom feeder (2009 they went 9-4 in the Big 12), and Idaho was 6-7 in 2010 also not a bottom feeder.

Oh, I wasn't talking about the FCS bottom-feeders anymore. I was interested in the record against FBS teams.

NDSU's 3 losses have been for a combined 25 points. UND's 4 losses have been for a combined 106 points.

darell1976
June 1st, 2012, 09:05 AM
Oh, I wasn't talking about the FCS bottom-feeders anymore. I was interested in the record against FBS teams.

NDSU's 3 losses have been for a combined 25 points. UND's 4 losses have been for a combined 106 points.

Point being?? We aren't ready for FBS competition so what. Good job to NDSU for being more prepared than those FBS teams. UND isn't the only Dakota team without a FBS win.

Ginsbach
June 1st, 2012, 09:10 AM
Point being?? We aren't ready for FBS competition so what. Good job to NDSU for being more prepared than those FBS teams. UND isn't the only Dakota team without a FBS win.

If UND can't get prepared for a single FBS game, what makes you think they're going to be prepared for a full slate of BSC games? As Professor Chaos said above, NDSU found out just how challenging it can be to move from a Great West schedule, where you have lapses in the schedule, to a full conference schedule. It will be interesting to see what happens. UND could do well this year, yes, but there's a greater chance they end up like Northern Colorado and have trouble adjusting to playing through the grinder week in and week out.

darell1976
June 1st, 2012, 09:16 AM
If UND can't get prepared for a single FBS game, what makes you think they're going to be prepared for a full slate of BSC games? As Professor Chaos said above, NDSU found out just how challenging it can be to move from a Great West schedule, where you have lapses in the schedule, to a full conference schedule. It will be interesting to see what happens. UND could do well this year, yes, but there's a greater chance they end up like Northern Colorado and have trouble adjusting to playing through the grinder week in and week out.

Every team is different. I am sure they said...Michigan if you can't prepare yourself for App State how can you prepare yourself for the Big 10 schedule. I am sure Mussman prepared themselves as much as they could. First FBS game UND played was Texas Tech...yeah because UND was going to beat a BCS National Title contender in a stadium bigger than they have ever played. The games UND should have won was Idaho (2011), NIU, and Fresno State. But in the end the FBS'ers got it together and won. But playing Montana at home is different than playing Texas Tech in Texas. Playing UNC is different than playing NIU who went 11-3 that year. Most NDSU fans and some BSC fans aren't giving UND any kind of a chance in the Big Sky....GOOD!!! Then at the end we will see where we are at and if they are still saying we are no good.

JSUBison
June 1st, 2012, 09:21 AM
http://gal.patheticcockroach.com/var/albums/humor/thread-hijacking/thread_hijack_in_progress_cnn.jpg?m=1297371747

Same ish different day with you people. xsmhx

Hambone
June 1st, 2012, 01:37 PM
JFC!!! What is it with some of you guys? Why is every thread something that turns into UND vs NDSU?? Granted, this seems a more logical place then some when talking about rankings, but all Darrell did was post his ballot, and it all went to **** with a few Bison fans stating how UND is going to be terrible. We get it - you think UND is always going to suck. Why bring it up in EVERY single thread possible?? And Darrell - no need to keep defending yourself. Just let them go with it.

Is it possible that UND is only going to win 3 games this year - yes. Is it possible that they could sneak into the playoffs - in my opinion, yes. We won't know until the f'in year gets going. I, for one, think that there is a pretty good core of talent there, and if there is consistent QB play they could make some noise. My greatest worry is the secondary. Way to inconsistent and gave up way too many big plays last year. I think the offense will be good, and the run defense will be good, but the secondary has a lot of work to do.

Sorry, it's been a tough day at work and during my little break I come on here and see the same **** that every thread turns to. Just had to vent.....

ursus arctos horribilis
June 1st, 2012, 02:03 PM
Look I ain't saying it can't happen or anything like that. Feel free to have these childish, stupid, pissing matches if you like but this isn't a UND vs. NDSU forum. I know you guys don't see how pathetic it all looks to everyone else that you want to debate this stupid **** on any thread you are in but trust me...you look pretty bad acting like every thread on the board is about your little squabbles.

I'm not trying to be a dick to ya but you present yourselves as severely petty little people.

TheRevSFA
June 1st, 2012, 02:06 PM
Can we just set up a NDSU vs UND forum? Maybe an App vs the world one as well?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 1st, 2012, 02:16 PM

I was debating on starting a thread call "The dumbest thread on the internet" and leaving it in the FCSD forurm for things like this go on for pages and take away from the defined topic like this. Problem is I don't care that topics off track a bit cuz there is usually a lot of good info. and so forth when they take off in a new direction but when it's certain things like this they always take off and you read the same dumb stuff over and over again on many threads.

Same dumb punchline

every

single

time.

Already have the junk thread for this same type of thing so I'll just move em' over there when it get's this tiresome.

TheRevSFA
June 1st, 2012, 02:18 PM
I was debating on starting a thread call "The dumbest thread on the internet" and leaving it in the FCSD forurm for things like this go on for pages and take away from the defined topic like this. Problem is I don't care that topics off track a bit cuz there is usually a lot of good info. and so forth when they take off in a new direction but when it's certain things like this they always take off and you read the same dumb stuff over and over again on many threads.

Same dumb punchline

every

single

time.

Already have the junk thread for this same type of thing so I'll just move em' over there when it get's this tiresome.

I like Chili.

(does that help move it away from dumb smack talk?)

BisonFan02
June 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM
I like Chili.

(does that help move it away from dumb smack talk?)

You forgot BEANS

LakesBison
June 1st, 2012, 02:28 PM
how about a National Champ's Thread?

Gil Dobie
June 1st, 2012, 02:32 PM

You mean have a champions thread that only fans from schools that have won championships can post. ;)

Professor Chaos
June 1st, 2012, 02:33 PM
I don't think beating a dead horse is accurate anymore. A better emoticon for this banter would be:

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/68662_o.gif

TheRevSFA
June 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
You forgot BEANS

What's with you Canucks and wanting beans in everything?

I made chili last night. Frito Pie specifically..and I threw in extra tomatoes into the chili. Much better tasting than Beans.

Gil Dobie
June 1st, 2012, 02:37 PM

I made chili last night. Frito Pie specifically..and I threw in extra tomatoes into the chili. Much better tasting than Beans.

It's the musical fruit. :)

frozennorth
June 1st, 2012, 02:37 PM
Every team is different. I am sure they said...Michigan if you can't prepare yourself for App State how can you prepare yourself for the Big 10 schedule. I am sure Mussman prepared themselves as much as they could. First FBS game UND played was Texas Tech...yeah because UND was going to beat a BCS National Title contender in a stadium bigger than they have ever played. The games UND should have won was Idaho (2011), NIU, and Fresno State. But in the end the FBS'ers got it together and won. But playing Montana at home is different than playing Texas Tech in Texas. Playing UNC is different than playing NIU who went 11-3 that year. Most NDSU fans and some BSC fans aren't giving UND any kind of a chance in the Big Sky....GOOD!!! Then at the end we will see where we are at and if they are still saying we are no good.

texas tech was not a title contender the year they played the sioux. They weren't even big12 contenders.

TheRevSFA
June 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM

How about a National Chumps thread? You and MPLS could post on that all by your lonesome...

NoDak 4 Ever
June 1st, 2012, 03:01 PM

That's not NEARLY as bad as noodles which they seem to do around the Great Lakes region. Don't even get me started on Cincinnati style.

darell1976
June 1st, 2012, 03:09 PM
JFC!!! What is it with some of you guys? Why is every thread something that turns into UND vs NDSU?? Granted, this seems a more logical place then some when talking about rankings, but all Darrell did was post his ballot, and it all went to **** with a few Bison fans stating how UND is going to be terrible. We get it - you think UND is always going to suck. Why bring it up in EVERY single thread possible?? And Darrell - no need to keep defending yourself. Just let them go with it.

Is it possible that UND is only going to win 3 games this year - yes. Is it possible that they could sneak into the playoffs - in my opinion, yes. We won't know until the f'in year gets going. I, for one, think that there is a pretty good core of talent there, and if there is consistent QB play they could make some noise. My greatest worry is the secondary. Way to inconsistent and gave up way too many big plays last year. I think the offense will be good, and the run defense will be good, but the secondary has a lot of work to do.

Sorry, it's been a tough day at work and during my little break I come on here and see the same **** that every thread turns to. Just had to vent.....

Good post!

DJKyR0
June 1st, 2012, 04:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ueKxJ.gif

BisonFan02
June 1st, 2012, 04:13 PM

and I forgot my purple font.

ValleyChamp
June 4th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Sat, Sep 29 North Dakota State L (No offense, but I don't think we as NDSU fans are going to have a tough time getting tickets...gonna be interesting to see how many Bison fans show up)

Seriously, again with this stuff? Do we have to have these same silly arguments every two years when NDSU plays at UNI. Good lord, if you think NDSU is going to bring 10K people to UNI for the game you are nuts. NDSU will bring more people to the dome than any other conference opponent by far, but this notion that they have, or ever will somehow 'take over' the UNI dome is just dumb.

Never the less, what does that have to do with the outcome of the game? NDSU brought decent sized crowds (1-3K) to the last few games at UNI, and they got stomped.

LakesBison
June 4th, 2012, 02:20 PM
2008: 5000+
2010: 3500+
2012: - - - -+

813Jag
June 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM
that one's not needed any more.

crossfire07
June 4th, 2012, 03:45 PM
texas tech was not a title contender the year they played the sioux. They weren't even big12 contenders.

TT only lost 3 Big 12 games that year.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 4th, 2012, 05:55 PM
2008: 5000+
2010: 3500+
2012: - - - -+

That's lakes math. Using real math you probably get something closer to

2008: 1750+
2010: 1100+
1012: - - - -

BisonFan02
June 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Seriously, again with this stuff? Do we have to have these same silly arguments every two years when NDSU plays at UNI. Good lord, if you think NDSU is going to bring 10K people to UNI for the game you are nuts. NDSU will bring more people to the dome than any other conference opponent by far, but this notion that they have, or ever will somehow 'take over' the UNI dome is just dumb.

Never the less, what does that have to do with the outcome of the game? NDSU brought decent sized crowds (1-3K) to the last few games at UNI, and they got stomped.

Where did I say NDSU was going to bring 10k? I just think it will be interesting to see how many Bison fans are there for the game. Don't confuse me for Lakes.

GOODY26
June 4th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I see my Spartans got no love in the poll.

alvinkayak6
June 4th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I see my Spartans got no love in the poll.

27th isn't bad when you consider Walley isn't returning and the lopsided loss to Old Dominion that felt like a 45-7 game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 5th, 2012, 06:31 AM

Those #s are about your ave home attendance...right?

xrolleyesx

clenz
June 5th, 2012, 06:57 AM

That us pretty damn accurate

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

frozennorth
June 5th, 2012, 04:46 PM

aka, not a contender.

they finished, what, 5th?

bojeta
June 5th, 2012, 05:34 PM

Yes. A 9-4 season with an Alamo Bowl Championship is not exactly a sub par FBS performance.

Sat. 09/05/09 North Dakota Won 38-13

Sat. 09/12/09 Rice Won 55-10

Sat. 09/19/09 at Texas Lost 34-24

Sat. 09/26/09 at Houston Lost 29-28

Sat. 10/03/09 New Mexico Won 48-28

Sat. 10/10/09 Kansas State Won 66-14

Sat. 10/17/09at Nebraska Won 31-10

Sat. 10/24/09 Texas A&M Lost 52-30

Sat. 10/31/09 Kansas Won 42-21

Sat. 11/14/09at Oklahoma State Lost 24-17

Sat. 11/21/09 Oklahoma Won 41-13

Sat. 11/28/09 Baylor 1 Won 20-13

2010 Valero Alamo BowlSat. 01/02/10 Michigan State Won 41-31

darell1976
June 5th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Yes. A 9-4 season with an Alamo Bowl Championship is not exactly a sub par FBS performance.

Sat. 09/05/09 North Dakota Won 38-13

Sat. 09/12/09 Rice Won 55-10

Sat. 09/19/09 at Texas Lost 34-24

Sat. 09/26/09 at Houston Lost 29-28

Sat. 10/03/09 New Mexico Won 48-28

Sat. 10/10/09 Kansas State Won 66-14

Sat. 10/17/09at Nebraska Won 31-10

Sat. 10/24/09 Texas A&M Lost 52-30

Sat. 10/31/09 Kansas Won 42-21

Sat. 11/14/09at Oklahoma State Lost 24-17

Sat. 11/21/09 Oklahoma Won 41-13

Sat. 11/28/09 Baylor 1 Won 20-13

2010 Valero Alamo BowlSat. 01/02/10 Michigan State Won 41-31

And that 13 points by a UND team in their first season as a DI counter is better than Rice and Nebraska. Also giving up 38 points on defense is better than Rice, New Mexico, Kansas State, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Michigan State. Not bad for a team just entering the DI football world.

bojeta
June 5th, 2012, 05:59 PM
And that 13 points by a UND team in their first season as a DI counter is better than Rice and Nebraska. Also giving up 38 points on defense is better than Rice, New Mexico, Kansas State, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Michigan State. Not bad for a team just entering the DI football world.

Yes, but Darell, remember.... Texas Tech did lose by a whole 10 points to that shabby team from Texas that went... What was it? 13-1, losing only to Alabama for the BCS national title. And they also lost to 10-4 Bowl bound Houston by 1 point, and 7 points to 9-4 Cotton Bowl bound Oklahoma State. Must point out the one heavy loss to Texas A&M (22 points). There is just no way to spin this Texas Tech team as a weak FBS opponent.

darell1976
June 5th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Yes, but Darell, remember.... Texas Tech did lose by a whole 10 points to that shabby team from Texas that went... What was it? 13-1, losing only to Alabama for the BCS national title. And they also lost to 10-4 Bowl bound Houston by 1 point, and 7 points to 9-4 Cotton Bowl bound Oklahoma State. Must point out the one heavy loss to Texas A&M (22 points). There is just no way to spin this Texas Tech team as a weak FBS opponent.

I know if its not Minnesota or a MAC team then it doesn't matter.

No_Skill
June 5th, 2012, 06:33 PM

You mad, bro?

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM

No....only if it is Idaho or Fresno.....xsmileyclapx

frozennorth
June 5th, 2012, 10:07 PM

so your saying that a team that was three games out of first place in the big12 was in reality a title contender? because thats what darell said. Their big bowl win was by 10 points over a 6-6 Michigan State team who was decimated by suspensions after a campus brawl.

bojeta
June 5th, 2012, 10:21 PM
so your saying that a team that was three games out of first place in the big12 was in reality a title contender? because thats what darell said. Their big bowl win was by 10 points over a 6-6 Michigan State team who was decimated by suspensions after a campus brawl.

What I'm saying is.... You all need to drop the ridiculous pissing contest! The record shows that the 2010 Texas Tech team was solid. Nearly every loss was close and to very good teams. Their record is solid and the bowl victory is a bowl victory. Trying to diminish it by making excuses for Michigan State is a school kid tactic. What does it say about UND's team that year? I don't Know!! But if Darell shows a little school pride in the face of a long, bitter and juvenile assault, WHO CARES?? Let it go and move on. I swear! I get the feeling sometimes that WHEN NDSU loses it's first game in 2012, all the NDSU fans here are gonna take their ball and go home. It has long passed the pathetic stage. Quit turning every discussion into the UND/NDSU show. I sometimes wonder what the average age and/or IQ is on this forum.