PDA

View Full Version : Excuses for the Montana Football Program

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 26th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I cant for the life of me see why there are the majority of Montana fans up in arms about Engstrom, Florio, Missoula police etc.

Many many altercations occurred at UM BEFORE Engstrom got hired so why are people looking his way?

Many many stories happened about the crime spree the football team was on before Gwen Florio got her job there.

The Missoula police have been around as long as the university and there has been a lot more turnover in the employee pool than at UM.

I am not saying that certain situations were handled correctly or incorrectly but the above 3 points are not who the majority of the blame should be directed. Lets face it, there have been problems with the football team under every coach in every decade since the schools inception.

The difference is how these incidents were handled, like it or not the crime spree escalated under Hauck and O'Day to the point of national embarrassment and ramped up from there to the current state right now. You cannot tell me that if ODay had done his job and chopped the head off the monster 6-8 years ago that we would be in the position we are now. The student athletes will take things as far as they know they can get away with and ODay gave them too much rope.

The brunt of the blame doesnt lie on Engstrom, Florio or the Missoula police department it lies on the person that got themselves into the situation to begin with.

Its called personable accountability.

JJ right or wrong put himself in the position to be accused/or actually rape somebody. I like JJ hes the best QB we have had at UM since DD but he is not above the program.

Tru Johnson had repeated brushes with trouble and should have been kicked off the team when the second curb stomping happened then he wouldnt have been around to get tased. Once again he showed over and over that his bad decision making wasnt an accident or a one time thing.

Kemp has put himself in bad situations a few times and from everything I hear he is supposed to be a good person but I am neutral on that right now.

The list goes on and on:

Maus
Stuberg
Ginn
Wilson
Quinn
Von Appen
Montelius
Coleman
Bruno
Shelton
Donaldson
Pate
Montana
Etc

Sure some of them are not that big of a deal like the DUIs but its still negative press. It would be different if the team hadnt had an altercation for 2-3 years and then Nate Montana got his DUI. If that had been the case for the last 6-10 years you can write it off as "kids being kids" but its more than that and deep down people know that.

That is why many fans offer up a laundry list of excuses instead of placing the blame where it squarely belongs.......on the people putting themselves in these situations.

Posters like PlayaRape go to great extent spinning and making excuses for these players and it makes the real world nauseous. There is a difference in a program not having a problem for a year or 2 and then having a house party get a little out of hand. (Kemp/Johnson) If this had happened after a 3-5 year dry spell of the football team being angels then maybe I would question the cops getting out of hand at a simple house party.

Now I just want the cops to do anything they can to stop this crap from happening and I really dont care whos feelings get hurt doing it.

Now I just want them to totally clean house, Foley, Mayes, Gee, the people in the offices that help any of the listed, get them all out and start over because right now something stinks at UM and it needs an enema to clean it out.

Another thing that is sickening is the crowd that says "Dont let a few bad apples spoil the whole pie". Well guess what, at last calculation there was 7% of the team that has had some sort of problem. They are not all perfect and pristine and its more than 1 or 2 people doing bad things in our program. Its also a little hard to blame them because of the culture put in place by ODay and Hauck, the "kids" were just playing by the rules set up in the program.

Kudos to the majority of the Griz players that do somehow manage to stay out of trouble, go to school and get a degree, those players are the last link to why many are still fans, because there isnt much else to be a football fan about at the University of Montana anymore.

Does it suck that JJ is probably expelled because of an accusation? Yes, but he still put himself in that position. Engstrom didnt do it, Florio didnt do it....HE DID.

Right now in Griz Nation if you are making excuses or directing the blame towards anyone other than the people involved.....right or wrong........YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

putter
May 26th, 2012, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=alphagriz1;1796461]I cant for the life of me see why there are the majority of Montana fans up in arms about Engstrom, Florio, Missoula police etc.

Many many altercations occurred at UM BEFORE Engstrom got hired so why are people looking his way?

Same with Pflu so why did he get fired? IMO he handed down no consequences of any substance and then got lumped in with O'Day as not taking responsibility for the actions of his players.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 27th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I love it when the idiot Griz fans have been painted into a corner and cant even defend the criminal action anymore. Its about time they quit making excuses and STFU.

Thundar
May 27th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I as a NDSU fan will not say anything of the matter as we went through our own crap. Hope the Griz and UM can clean house and turn it around, which I have no doubt they will

Tod
May 27th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I as a NDSU fan will not say anything of the matter as we went through our own crap. Hope the Griz and UM can clean house and turn it around, which I have no doubt they will

First classy post on this thread.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 27th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Facts are now not classy?

Keep your head in the sand like all the rest and dont post in this thread anymore, we have already seen what your line of thinking gets us.

Tod
May 28th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Facts are now not classy?

Keep your head in the sand like all the rest and dont post in this thread anymore, we have already seen what your line of thinking gets us.
Don't tell me what to do. I know how highly you think of yourself, but most disagree with your perception.

TheBisonator
May 28th, 2012, 03:49 AM
I read in the original post about Griz players getting DUIs not being a big deal (at least relatively). If an NDSU player got a DUI, the North Dakota media would metaphorically (and probably literally) crucify Thundar. You have to understand, in North Dakota, NDSU is looked thru with an electron microscope and UND is coated in layers of Teflon.

Our 20-and-a-half year-old QB got a Minor in Possession (underage drinking citation) not too long ago and it was gigantic news in ND for days. UND hockey player busted for public drunkenness on a public street in the middle of winter with frostbit feet, story gets swept under the rug. So all I got to say is "There for the grace of God go us".

I cannot even IMAGINE if 10 percent of what happened to UM happened to NDSU. The state would shut down our school.

slostang
May 28th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I think I have read on e-Griz that Alpha guaranteed that Plfugrad would win a National Championship in three years at Montana no that Bobby Hauck was gone. Alpha's hate for Bobby was clear in all of his post. What I find funny is he is still blaming Bobby for this and correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't JJ a Plugrad recruit?

Lehigh Football Nation
May 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I'd like to add one tiny point about Quinn - that he had two DUIs originally, and the second one was "mysteriously" dropped, which would have meant jail time, I believe. Those DUIs seem small in the face of some of the other allegations but they're no less significant, and when they start to multiply the bigger deal they become.

MplsBison
May 28th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I read in the original post about Griz players getting DUIs not being a big deal (at least relatively). If an NDSU player got a DUI, the North Dakota media would metaphorically (and probably literally) crucify Thundar. You have to understand, in North Dakota, NDSU is looked thru with an electron microscope and UND is coated in layers of Teflon.

Our 20-and-a-half year-old QB got a Minor in Possession (underage drinking citation) not too long ago and it was gigantic news in ND for days. UND hockey player busted for public drunkenness on a public street in the middle of winter with frostbit feet, story gets swept under the rug. So all I got to say is "There for the grace of God go us".

I cannot even IMAGINE if 10 percent of what happened to UM happened to NDSU. The state would shut down our school.

Anything related to NDSU, good or bad, is *the* story in Fargo. Plain and simple. That's what sells.

Hellgate60
May 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM
What did Ginn do? I don't mean to cherry pick one name out of your list but I just never heard him getting into trouble

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Don't tell me what to do. I know how highly you think of yourself, but most disagree with your perception.

Actually you are in the minority on this one. A large % of people agree with personal accountability, but you being a left winger wouldnt understand that if the federal government started a program "free" of charge to educate you on the subject.

Thundar
May 28th, 2012, 10:51 AM

Anything related to NDSU, good or bad, is *the* story in Fargo. Plain and simple. That's what sells.

This thread has nothing to do with NDSU, UND, The Forum, the Grand Forks Herald etc.. its about the debacle at Montana

MplsBison
Actually you are in the minority on this one. A large % of people agree with personal accountability, but you being a left winger wouldnt understand that if the federal government started a program "free" of charge to educate you on the subject.

No politics, please.

MplsBison
This thread has nothing to do with NDSU, UND, The Forum, the Grand Forks Herald etc.. its about the debacle at Montana

Oh?

Grizcountry420
May 28th, 2012, 11:14 AM
You forgot to add Quentin Freeman on your list. He was a real go getter!

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 28th, 2012, 01:49 PM
You forgot to add Quentin Freeman on your list. He was a real go getter!

I left a lot of guys off the list. I did a half assed job kind of like the democrats have done the last 3+ years.

Besides....there is barely room on the internet to list all of the guys that have been in trouble under ODays watch.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JMUNJ08
May 28th, 2012, 04:47 PM
I left a lot of guys off the list. I did a half assed job kind of like the democrats have done the last 3+ years.

Let's not start with the party of 'NO' either bud or anymore politics. Lots of ppl have been responsible for what has transpired @ UM with few left off the list. Clean up the remaining dust and open up shop again in the fall.

Screamin_Eagle174
May 28th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I think I have read on e-Griz that Alpha guaranteed that Plfugrad would win a National Championship in three years at Montana no that Bobby Hauck was gone. Alpha's hate for Bobby was clear in all of his post. What I find funny is he is still blaming Bobby for this and correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't JJ a Plugrad recruit?

+1

Notice how Alpha has conveniently ignored this post. Also, on top of that guarantee was a bet. If he lost, he would no longer post on eGriz. Too bad the terms didn't also include CS and AGS, not that he would hold up his end anyway.

FWIW, I agree with him to the extent that the culture within and around the program is/was the root problem. The ship was slowly sinking, and now they're going under and gasping at air trying to right it by whatever means necessary. Although a lot of that me-first mentality and lack of accountability originated under Hauck, Pflugrad continued it, if not magnified it.

LakesBison
May 28th, 2012, 06:00 PM
why is this a NDSU thread? ridiculous.

MplsBison
May 28th, 2012, 06:44 PM
why is this a NDSU thread? ridiculous.

Why do you still try to single handily ruin NDSU's reputation on every message board and newspaper comments section that you post on?

Screamin_Eagle174
May 28th, 2012, 07:01 PM
TROLL FIGHT!!!!!

putter
May 28th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I love it when the idiot Griz fans have been painted into a corner and cant even defend the criminal action anymore. Its about time they quit making excuses and STFU.

starting with you. Many altercations happened before Pflu and JJ was recruited by Pflu. Who was painted in a corner? Not me and there are no excuses

BisonBacker
May 29th, 2012, 08:55 AM

Good Lord where do you hide? Pull your head out of your arse, It's not just in Fargo, it's all over Bismarck, Minot, Williston, Dickinson, Grand Forks and any other town with a News Paper. Bisonator was spot on in that post. You on the other hand are as usual posting out in left field!

BisonBacker
May 29th, 2012, 08:56 AM
As for Montana's situation, I'm sure they will get it cleaned up. To bad it got to the point it did though.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 29th, 2012, 10:07 AM
+1

Notice how Alpha has conveniently ignored this post. Also, on top of that guarantee was a bet. If he lost, he would no longer post on eGriz. Too bad the terms didn't also include CS and AGS, not that he would hold up his end anyway.

FWIW, I agree with him to the extent that the culture within and around the program is/was the root problem. The ship was slowly sinking, and now they're going under and gasping at air trying to right it by whatever means necessary. Although a lot of that me-first mentality and lack of accountability originated under Hauck, Pflugrad continued it, if not magnified it.

First of all this thread wasnt about Pflu winning a NC, if you want to talk about that start another thread. This thread was about the excuses people keep making up and deflecting the blame from the people that deserve it.......that and NDSU football.

Second of all I guaranteed that Pflu would win a NC in 3 years and he didnt get the chance......but I did not start the bet on eGriz I believe forshizzle did. So your continued attacks of me are.........well I dont care what they are and I am a little ashamed I even responded to an EWU fan.

KNUTS
May 29th, 2012, 01:37 PM
http://missoulian.com/news/local/um-griz-qb-still-on-football-roster-enrolled-for-fall/article_9ec59570-a9b3-11e1-bc72-001a4bcf887a.html

As of right now Johnson is still enrolled and active...

I'm really just sick of hearing about any of this at this point. I highly doubt anything will come of any of the investigations. The Griz will still have a football team and our questions will never be answered and only the tarnished reputation will be left for everyone to defend. From here on out there will always be a rape joke attached to Missoula and the U of M... sad!

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 29th, 2012, 02:47 PM
There is already a "rape joke" attached to UM...............it happens in the last game every November.

Oh yeah.......I went there......xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
May 29th, 2012, 02:57 PM
First of all this thread wasnt about Pflu winning a NC, if you want to talk about that start another thread. This thread was about the excuses people keep making up and deflecting the blame from the people that deserve it.......that and NDSU football.

Second of all I guaranteed that Pflu would win a NC in 3 years and he didnt get the chance......but I did not start the bet on eGriz I believe forshizzle did. So your continued attacks of me are.........well I dont care what they are and I am a little ashamed I even responded to an EWU fan.

Of course it's not about Pflu winning a NC; that was anecdotal evidence that you're firmly attached to Pflu's dick and have an agenda. You keep deflecting blame away from him. It's not just O'Day and Hauck behind UM's current problems... it was a team effort. xthumbsupx

And I haven't been attacking you, just calling the facts. I'm sorry you feel attacked. xcoffeex

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 29th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Show me where I have defended Pflus firing??

Until then please.....and I do mean please.....STFU.

xcoffeex