PDA

View Full Version : 2012 AGS Preseason Poll - NOW OPEN

AGSPoll
May 23rd, 2012, 07:14 AM
Voting is now open for the 2012 Preseason Poll. If you haven't voted before, the link is the red "VOTE HERE" below the picture of the man examining votes. Regular season polls close on Mondays at noon, however, since we have a history of having the poll published before Memorial Day, the poll will be closing Sunday at midnight Eastern.

For the purposes of the preseason poll only, the "Most Significant Win" should be the team you think had the best recruiting class/transfers/etc, and the "Most Significant Loss" should be the team you think lost the most to graduation/transfers/etc from the end of last season.

Finally, a reminder to enter your screenname exactly as it appears on the forums or your vote will probably end up getting tossed when the system thinks you are someone else.

darell1976
May 23rd, 2012, 07:40 AM
You need to get rid of the Great West Conference since it no longer exists. I just voted and proudly put my team plays in the Big Sky Conference!xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
May 23rd, 2012, 08:20 AM
Vote will be in this AM!

frozennorth
May 23rd, 2012, 08:55 AM
voted my first vote. also, BUMP

Smitty
May 23rd, 2012, 09:29 AM
Ugh I hate the first vote...

FCS Go!
May 23rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
I presume that ODU is not eligible for the poll a la UMass last year?

fatmonarch
May 23rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
We are still eligible to compete for the national championship because our first transition year will be 2013. We have not added any scholarships to this season. We are not eligible for a CAA championship per conference rules stating our intent to leave.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Agreed,

First week - hard.

FCS Go!
May 23rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Was there a thread with returning starters info/spring prospectus that I missed?

I have Big Sky and Southland.

superman7515
May 23rd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah, there was a returning starters thread someone started a few weeks ago.

FCS Go!
May 23rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Yeah, there was a returning starters thread someone started a few weeks ago.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?107493-2012-FCS-Returning-Starters&highlight=returning+starters

Duh!?! - I even posted in that thread - not much there though.

The Eagle's Cliff
May 23rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
I understand why we (all polls) do it, but no one can really know much until week 4 or 5. I just take the final poll and shuffle around from memory knowing there will be surprise successes and surprise flops. It's still fun, though.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 23rd, 2012, 11:20 AM
I understand why we (all polls) do it, but no one can really know much until week 4 or 5. I just take the final poll and shuffle around from memory knowing there will be surprise successes and surprise flops. It's still fun, though.

Agreed - Even the win and loss was hard. I basically thought NDSU not losing a ton and getting some solid D backup was a win and I flipped a coin between Lehigh losing Lum and GSU losing Jaybo Shaw. I ultimately thought Jaybo would be the most significant since Lum could only take Lehigh so far anyway.

darell1976
May 23rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
Agreed - Even the win and loss was hard. I basically thought NDSU not losing a ton and getting some solid D backup was a win and I flipped a coin between Lehigh losing Lum and GSU losing Jaybo Shaw. I ultimately thought Jaybo would be the most significant since Lum could only take Lehigh so far anyway.

NDSU was my easy choice in the poll...filling in the rest was the hard part.

BisonBacker
May 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Preseason polls are always nothing much more than a crap shoot. Sure you know who the top contenders are/were from last year but each season barring the top 5-10 from last year the rest is just as I said. A crap shoot. But it is fun to speculate.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 23rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hey fella's, the preseason poll also helps me iron out any issues to work on over the summer for the details I forgot about like taking the GWFC out and so forth.

If you see anything else like that please post it here so I can have the checklist of things to narrow down, fix, and get answers to for the regular season poll.

GOODY26
May 23rd, 2012, 02:43 PM
Just voted. Interesting indeed.

frozennorth
May 23rd, 2012, 03:52 PM

montana lost what, 15 starters, much of it's coaching staff and AD? I thought they had that locked up.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 23rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
montana lost what, 15 starters, much of it's coaching staff and AD? I thought they had that locked up.

For some reason, Montana doesn't rebuild, they reload. I don't know much about the new coach, but he has a ton of experience. The odds say they will at least contend. They haven't had a lot of losing records in the last 30 years or so. I just keep thinking they'll be ok.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 23rd, 2012, 04:16 PM
For some reason, Montana doesn't rebuild, they reload. I don't know much about the new coach, but he has a ton of experience. The odds say they will at least contend. They haven't had a lot of losing records in the last 30 years or so. I just keep thinking they'll be ok.

I think the players will show more accountability to each other and that seemed to be an afterthought until recently. The players lost were or have given a great deal of time to a lot of players still here also so that may not be as damaging as it would appear at first glance. We'll see of course but I think your review of it is about the same as what I expect. Thing is it might hurt in a couple of close games so it could, as always, go either way.

I'm gonna have them somewhere in the 12 on down instead of 12 and higher rank I think.

ndsubison
May 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM

Thanks for the jinx, Darell. LOL Bison need to make it through an always-tough MVFC (which looks poised to be even stronger across the board this year) and get a few good bounces in the playoffs. Neither of which are guaranteed. Dome-field advantage didn't hurt last year, either. The usual suspects will contend year in and year out, but IMO it's wide open every year. xtwocentsx Avoiding complacency and injuries, I like NDSU xtroublex

Screamin_Eagle174
May 23rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the jinx, Darell. LOL Bison need to make it through an always-tough MVFC (which looks poised to be even stronger across the board this year) and get a few good bounces in the playoffs. Neither of which are guaranteed. Dome-field advantage didn't hurt last year, either. The usual suspects will contend year in and year out, but IMO it's wide open every year. xtwocentsx Avoiding complacency and injuries, I like NDSU xtroublex

The latter is a real bitch.

mvemjsunpx
May 24th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Regular season polls close on Mondays at noon, however, since we have a history of having the poll published before Memorial Day, the poll will be closing Sunday at midnight Eastern.

Does this mean Sunday night or Sunday morning (i.e., late Saturday night)?

Also, the countdown clock still thinks the poll closes on Monday.

BisonHype!
May 24th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I know I haven't been here for a year, but can I be made eligible for this poll?:(

Tried registering, and it is closed. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Does this mean Sunday night or Sunday morning (i.e., late Saturday night)?

Also, the countdown clock still thinks the poll closes on Monday.

That's my fault. I assumed it closed at regular time so that's what I been working under and put the clock up as such. I'll let agspoll make the call on it but it doesn't bother me to do it Monday morning but he may have another reason that trumps me.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I know I haven't been here for a year, but can I be made eligible for this poll?:(

Tried registering, and it is closed. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I responded to you on the other thread that if you pm agspoll he'll put it to a vote. I think you'll have the cred to get in so send the pm.

BisonHype!
May 24th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I responded to you on the other thread that if you pm agspoll he'll put it to a vote. I think you'll have the cred to get in so send the pm.

Done, and thank you!

asknoquarter21
May 24th, 2012, 12:57 PM
That was tough

Humble Steward
May 24th, 2012, 12:58 PM
My votes are in. I'm ready for some football. This should be a good season.

darell1976
May 24th, 2012, 01:38 PM
What day will the poll be posted? I am interested what this poll will look like with not much to go on but last year and returning starters.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2012, 03:37 PM
What day will the poll be posted? I am interested what this poll will look like with not much to go on but last year and returning starters.

it will go up on Monday probably somewhere around 1p EST maybe slightly before that if there are no issues and all goes well.

mvemjsunpx
May 24th, 2012, 07:47 PM
it will go up on Monday probably somewhere around 1p EST maybe slightly before that if there are no issues and all goes well.

So, just to be clear, the voting will end when the countdown clock says it does (Monday @ noon EDT)?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2012, 07:50 PM
So, just to be clear, the voting will end when the countdown clock says it does (Monday @ noon EDT)?

Correct. I screwed up with a pm to agspoll and that caused him to post what he did which was my error. The countdown clock is what should be seen as the official information.

Gil Dobie
May 24th, 2012, 09:23 PM
https://07b28526fa-custmedia.vresp.com/f609c9c152/vote%20icon.jpg

mvemjsunpx
May 24th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Correct. I screwed up with a pm to agspoll and that caused him to post what he did which was my error. The countdown clock is what should be seen as the official information.

OK, thanks.

The preseason poll is always the most time consuming one for me, so I wanted to be sure I could budget my time accordingly.

LakesBison
May 24th, 2012, 10:41 PM
wow, trying to pick any team past #10 is hard, there just isnt any great teams out there, just shows how watered down fcs is.

Twentysix
May 24th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Voted, biggest win NDSU, biggest Loss Montana.

Not that this preseason poll actually reflects the biggest loss.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2012, 11:11 PM
wow, trying to pick any team past #10 is hard, there just isnt any great teams out there, just shows how watered down fcs is.

Does it. Other than Texas State, & Umass which is about the only possibility of the top 25 these teams are all the same as when your team came in so shut it with your agenda on the poll threads at the very least.

Milktruck74
May 25th, 2012, 07:55 AM
I completed my pre season poll based on name recognition, popularity, charisma and number of times on television....it had absolutly nothing to do with whether or not the team actually deserved to be there. Isn't this the way we vote for politicians here in America???

BisonHype!
May 25th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I tried PM'ing you Ursus. Someone has a dirty PM Room..... just a little too full. Anyways wondering when I find out on whether I can participate in this poll. Don't know if you know or not. Hopefully I can!

AGSPoll
May 25th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I tried PM'ing you Ursus. Someone has a dirty PM Room..... just a little too full. Anyways wondering when I find out on whether I can participate in this poll. Don't know if you know or not. Hopefully I can!

You've been brought up to the poll committee for the regular season poll since you don't meet the 1 year requirement, but for purposes of the preseason poll you can go ahead and vote and we'll get back to you with a decision well before the regular season polls.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 25th, 2012, 10:26 AM

Because all of the ex-FCS schools were complete juggernauts before they moved up. xrolleyesx

BisonHype!
May 25th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Vote Complete!

RabidRabbit
May 25th, 2012, 05:53 PM

How DARE a SIOUX back a Bison as #1

Don't worry Darell, won't pull your vote like happened to a Rabbit fan back in 2006.

heath
May 25th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Don't vote until mid October. Remember last year?..........Ask SHSU,Maine and Towson how they liked the preseason poll last year.Then voters got chastised and not included in the poll when voting for them early.Your pre #1 EWU worked out well also. Go ahead and take a stab at it again this year, you so-called expertsxlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Don't vote until mid October. Remember last year?..........Ask SHSU,Maine and Towson how they liked the preseason poll last year.Then voters got chastised and not included in the poll when voting for them early.Your pre #1 EWU worked out well also. Go ahead and take a stab at it again this year, you so-called expertsxlolx

Will do.xthumbsupx

bojeta
May 25th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I consider my first 10 an educated guess. The next 15 could be in any order. Just felt they deserved to be in the top 25.

darell1976
May 25th, 2012, 10:21 PM
How DARE a SIOUX back a Bison as #1

Don't worry Darell, won't pull your vote like happened to a Rabbit fan back in 2006.

Thanks.xlolx

superman7515
May 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20993366.jpg

Pard4Life
May 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Only thing from that poll that is a lock:

1. NDSU

Biggest win: NDSU
Biggest loss: 1) Montana 2) Lehigh

Engineer86
May 27th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Only thing from that poll that is a lock:

Biggest win: NDSU
Biggest loss: 1) Montana 2) Lehigh

Wait you aren't impressed with our new starter?;) and you likely were not even at our spring game to see that showing. xnonono2x

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 27th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Just looked back at my ballot in my email inbox and noticed my number 1 and 2 (neither of which are my team) were transposed. xoopsx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Just looked back at my ballot in my email inbox and noticed my number 1 and 2 (neither of which are my team) were transposed. xoopsx

Normally you'd send a note to agspoll and tell him that and we'll fix it. I'll fix it for you when I when go to calculate it.

RichH2
May 27th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Ursus , I'm guessing the real reason for this poll is to torture us for being such bad boys and girls last year .xrolleyesx Lord that was tough. The last 5-6 were dart board picksxeekxxeekx

NDSU1980
May 27th, 2012, 11:58 AM
.xrolleyesx Lord that was tough. The last 5-6 were dart board picksxeekxxeekx

That's how it was for me too. Did a lot of guessing after about 17.

DJKyR0
May 27th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Voted.

Thundar
May 27th, 2012, 08:06 PM
been several years since i voted was going to give it a rioll again this year but too late see registration closed on the 22nd.....guess i should have made up my mind earlier

AGSPoll
May 27th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Send me a note saying to add you in and then submit a vote and I will get you on the list.

Thundar
May 27th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Send me a note saying to add you in and then submit a vote and I will get you on the list.

PM'd you

BlueHenSinfonian
May 27th, 2012, 09:20 PM
If we were registered last year we didn't have to re-register this year did we? I filled it out and got the confirmation e-mail, so everything should be good?

AGSPoll
May 27th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Correct. Anyone who has voted as a registered voter in past years is still registered.

Thundar
May 27th, 2012, 09:33 PM
If we were registered last year we didn't have to re-register this year did we? I filled it out and got the confirmation e-mail, so everything should be good?

my last vote was 2008 so I didnt know