PDA

View Full Version : Annual Countdown 2012

bonarae
May 8th, 2012, 12:09 AM
It's that time of the year again... the 2012 edition of the countdown will start May 22 (first FCS games for 2012 start August 30) and as I remember, here are the rules governing this:

1. Only one (1) thread per day should exist in the FCS Discussion board. Last year, there were instances that some posters created duplicate threads of the same day with their own content, however, the threads weren't merged.
2. Only one poster per team represented should be allowed to post in the thread for that day. (this is for prevention of duplicate posts for one team)
3. You are not allowed to catch up should you miss that day. Post in the current day's thread, if in case this happens.
4. You are allowed, however, to post about players who aren't of your own team but who are noteworthy for some reason (e.g. captain of the said team for this year).

Did I miss anything in the rules? If so, PM me. xconfusedx

With GAS out, I have assumed roles voluntarily (I was one of the most active posters in the Countdown last year and even started some days' threads in his absence) and I am excited to continue this tradition. xthumbsupx

Please sticky this thread if you wish, preferably once the Countdown has started. Thanks in advance!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 8th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Excellent bonarae. Thanks.

HailSzczur
May 8th, 2012, 12:38 AM
The finish line is in sight. Finally threads other than conference re-alignment.

Tribe4SF
May 8th, 2012, 07:31 AM
All I have to say is...

Go Tribe!!!

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/90507465359528086659.jpg

Lulu
May 23rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Who the **** died and made you the grand poohba of the countdown? xpissedx Last time I checked, which was this morning in bed, he didn't die of a heart attack and was doing quite well. There has not been any post saying he was not going to do this again. If you look at the last 13 years, GAS does not post much in early spring, but he does keep up with reading all of the boards. He tries to make the start date a surprise to build anticipation.

Not cool! xthumbsdownx

By the way... read Rule #1 of the G.A.S. Countdown.

BigApp
May 24th, 2012, 09:52 AM
It's that time of the year again... and as I remember, here are the rules governing this:

As I remember, and EVERYONE F***ING else on here remembers, this is GreatAppState's countdown. NOT YOURS. Read the effing rules yourself and honor tradition. That is, if you know what honor means.

In your OWN post, your OWN rule #1, you mention "duplicate threads". This IS a duplicate thread. There are 13 prior years to prove it.

Mods with any sense of modicom of decency would immediately nuke your attempts at plagiarism.

BisonHype!
May 24th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Does someone know how to get ahold of GAS? Send a PM! Before a fight breaks out!

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Does someone know how to get ahold of GAS? Send a PM! Before a fight breaks out!

It's handled.

For the record as GAS had said, he keeps a fairly low profile in the spring and just kind of starts the countdown without warning but by nature there is not really a need for that because we can all count backwards from a 100 at this point.xlolx

It's a tradition that I and many others like to check out. It is not gonna catch anyone by surprise anymore.

Now as a byproduct of GAS not outright saying he was going to start it or pm'ing bonarae to say "I got it, so I'll start it on X date" she thought she was helping by getting it started in the annual tradition sort of way.

It's a simple ****ing misunderstanding and bonarae tried to pm Lulu yesterday to apologize and could not because Lulu's pm's are full.

Let's try and have these threads up in the morning by like 10a Eastern to catch the most traction we can for that day and if it ain't up then another poster can start it and get it rolling for the day but until that point let GAS start it?

Doesn't matter who starts it. It is his tradition, he came up with it, we just participate in it.

BisonHype!
May 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM
It's handled.

For the record as GAS had said, he keeps a fairly low profile in the spring and just kind of starts the countdown without warning but by nature there is not really a need for that because we can all count backwards from a 100 at this point.xlolx

It's a tradition that I and many others like to check out. It is not gonna catch anyone by surprise anymore.

Now as a byproduct of GAS not outright saying he was going to start it or pm'ing bonarae to say "I got it, so I'll start it on X date" she thought she was helping by getting it started in the annual tradition sort of way.

It's a simple ****ing misunderstanding and bonarae tried to pm Lulu yesterday to apologize and could not because Lulu's pm's are full.

Let's try and have these threads up in the morning by like 10a Eastern to catch the most traction we can for that day and if it ain't up then another poster can start it and get it rolling for the day but until that point let GAS start it?

Doesn't matter who starts it. It is his tradition, he came up with it, we just participate in it.

Ursus, your awesome. "Firefighter of the Year" Just putting out fires before they get out of control!
http://funny-pics.co/wp-content/uploads/funny-fire-fighter-sitting-on-chair.jpg

GreatAppSt
May 24th, 2012, 04:29 PM
It's handled.

Sounds good, thanks for the clarification Ursus. xthumbsupx only one problem the current count is off there are 99 days left in the GAS Countdown.:D

ursus arctos horribilis
May 24th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Sounds good, thanks for the clarification Ursus. xthumbsupx only one problem the current count is off there are 99 days left in the GAS Countdown.:D

Add to the one already there, make a new one, I don't care. I'll just merge em' together you f'n ball buster!xlolx

Oh, no wait, I meant....

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx .. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx.. xlolx .. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
xlolx .............. xlolx........ xlolx ..xlolx ............. xlolx
xlolx .............. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx.. xlolx .......... xlolx
xlolx.... xlolx xlolx .. xlolx xlolx.......... xlolx ........ xlolx
xlolx ....... xlolx .. xlolx ... xlolx ..... xlolx ...... xlolx
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx... xlolx ...... xlolx .. xlolx .. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Humble Steward
May 24th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Let's Go Wildcats!!! It's season 3 of the Jenkins era.

DJKyR0
May 24th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Bison repeat! Mark it down.

BlueHenSinfonian
May 24th, 2012, 11:57 PM
It's handled.

Hmm, I had no clue that bonarae was a she. Not that it makes a difference, but I've always read the username in my mind as 'boner, eh?' (though I suppose it's latin) and because of that just thought 'man'.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 25th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Hmm, I had no clue that bonarae was a she. Not that it makes a difference, but I've always read the username in my mind as 'boner, eh?' (though I suppose it's latin) and because of that just thought 'man'.

Yeah, it's funny how that happens cuz I read the posts for years before knowing as well. She's a sharp cookie and on top of that there are a few other posters on here that it would absolutely leave you shaking your head that they are gals.