PDA

View Full Version : Which former player are you least proud/most ashamed of?

chattownmocs
May 4th, 2012, 08:23 AM
It's pretty easy for me as a Chattanooga fan. TO has done some pretty embarrassing things but he is also a hall of fame talent. This guy takes the cake..

Marsh played LB for UTC in the 90s

The lazy Crematorium operator Ray Brent Marsh.

The Job Description

As operator of the Tri-State Crematory in Noble, Ga., from 1996 to 2001, Ray Brent Marsh was there to honor the wishes of those who wanted to skip that pesky postmortem decomposition process and go straight to the "ashes to ashes" part, reliably carrying out his cremation duties and providing journey vessels for the remains of loved ones passed.

Or not.

Wait, what?

Turns out that, in Marsh's words, the cremation oven was "broken" -- meaning that, for five years, Marsh saw no other viable option besides dumping the bodies he was supposed to be cremating in various locations in the crematory's backyard. Oh, and what did Marsh put in the urns that went out to the families? Concrete dust.

When a propane delivery truck driver happened to notice the unusual number of decidedly noncremated bodies lying around the property, he alerted the authorities (with his horrified screams, we're guessing), and the jig was up. A total of 339 corpses were discovered in the crematory's backyard, 100 of which were never identified because of their advanced states of decomposition. Hundreds of grieving families lost their loved ones all over again.

During the ensuing trial, Marsh offered no other explanation for his negligence, presumably standing by his original excuse of the cremation oven being "broken." The only problem? Someone actually tested the oven and found it to be largely in working order. Not to mention that, even if it had been completely broken, he could have just called someone to fix it. You'd think that within those five years of smashing concrete and not cremating people, he would have had a spare moment to sit down and pick up the phone.

Marsh was charged with a grand total of 787 criminal counts, including theft by deception, burial-service-related fraud, giving false statements and last but not least, abusing a corpse. All charges tallied, Ray Brent Marsh stood before the judge facing a well-deserved 8,000 years in prison, although he got off with a slightly lighter sentence of 12.

Read more: The 7 Most Impressively Lazy Employees of All-Time | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_19169_the-7-most-impressively-lazy-employees-all-time_p2.html#ixzz1tvGmhwSa

Gringer1
May 4th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I see this thread going places... mostly the smack talk section.

blueballs
May 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM
For GSU I nominate Hakeem Ford.

He was Adrian Peterson's backup and had some good moments for the Eagles from 99-01. He competed for the starting position with Jermaine Austin when Peterson graduated but was caught with drugs & weapons and sent up the river.

Other contenders would include Arkee Thompson, Thevin Harris, Jonathan Wilkerson, Chris Griffin, Willie Johnson, Samir Baker, and the WR Hatcher brought in from Warner Robins whose name escapes me for general knuckleheadedness. Ford's federal RICO conviction trumps any and all stupidity exhibited by the above referenced former players.

TheRevSFA
May 4th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I'm ashamed of Todd Whitten.

He was a good player..horrible coach. Ask Sam Houston about him

FormerPokeCenter
May 4th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I'm ashamed of Todd Whitten.

LOL!

For us, I'm most proud of Kerry Joseph (16 year Pro football career..4 year starter at Safety for Seattle, 12 year Starter at QB in the CFL, CFL MVP, etc) Leonard Smith, starting safety for Buffalo, 4 Super Bowl appearances, and a handful of All-Pro selections; Tom Sestak, DT for the Bills...selected to the AFL's All-Time greatest list and Buford Jordan, longtime fullback for the New Orleans Saints. Stephen Starring was a wideout with the Pats who had a nice career...until he had some issues and bounced around the leage before getting cut. Stephen was the greatest natural all-around athlete I've eve seen....He was a 13.7 high hurdler, recorded a 4.26 in the 40 and won the LJ and TJ at the SLC meet in 1983. The guy who finished second to him, from Arkansas State, went on to win the Olympic Gold in the TJ in the 84 Oly Games in Los Angeles!

As to most ashamed....that one's easy......Cecil "The Diesel" Collins....

Bison06
May 4th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I can't think of anyone that I am actually ashamed of, but most proud would probably be Joe Mays(linebacker for the Broncos) for me. He came in a pretty rough kid from inner city Chicago and has really worked hard to get where he is today and deserves every bit of it.

Edit:Sorry I read the title of the thread as most proud/most ashamed.

Skjellyfetti
May 4th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Most ashamed of: Matt Dodge (only played for a year at App before transferring to ECU. So, I have no qualms being ashamed of him)
http://www.brobible.com/files/images/buzz/mattdodge.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cx8Ax9DB_XA/S-a90kkGWKI/AAAAAAAACbk/97ZXYdF11So/s320/punters.jpg

Silenoz
May 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Qwenton Freeman is pretty despicable

eiu1999
May 4th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Sean Payton

NoDak 4 Ever
May 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Sean Payton

Please. Worse than Brad Childress?

KNUTS
May 4th, 2012, 11:22 AM
For the state of Montana... Ryan Leaf

McNeese72
May 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM
LOL!

For us, I'm most proud of Kerry Joseph (16 year Pro football career..4 year starter at Safety for Seattle, 12 year Starter at QB in the CFL, CFL MVP, etc) Leonard Smith, starting safety for Buffalo, 4 Super Bowl appearances, and a handful of All-Pro selections; Tom Sestak, DT for the Bills...selected to the AFL's All-Time greatest list and Buford Jordan, longtime fullback for the New Orleans Saints. Stephen Starring was a wideout with the Pats who had a nice career...until he had some issues and bounced around the leage before getting cut. Stephen was the greatest natural all-around athlete I've eve seen....He was a 13.7 high hurdler, recorded a 4.26 in the 40 and won the LJ and TJ at the SLC meet in 1983. The guy who finished second to him, from Arkansas State, went on to win the Olympic Gold in the TJ in the 84 Oly Games in Los Angeles!

As to most ashamed....that one's easy......Cecil "The Diesel" Collins....

I know he was here for only one year but that is the first name that popped in my head when I read the topic header. For the record, I was opposed to him coming to McNeese back then because of some of the background things I was told he did in Leesville when in High School and when at LSU. These were told to me by people from the Leesville area. He was a great talent but a rotten apple through and through.

Doc

TheBisonator
May 4th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I would have said Reggie Scott, but he never went to the NFL, (I don't think), and I assumed this thread was about NFL players from your school.

Tyrone Braxton got into some money/drug trouble and had to sell his SB rings.

FCS_pwns_FBS
May 4th, 2012, 07:26 PM
For GSU I nominate Hakeem Ford.

He was Adrian Peterson's backup and had some good moments for the Eagles from 99-01. He competed for the starting position with Jermaine Austin when Peterson graduated but was caught with drugs & weapons and sent up the river.

Other contenders would include Arkee Thompson, Thevin Harris, Jonathan Wilkerson, Chris Griffin, Willie Johnson, Samir Baker, and the WR Hatcher brought in from Warner Robins whose name escapes me for general knuckleheadedness. Ford's federal RICO conviction trumps any and all stupidity exhibited by the above referenced former players.

You're thinking of Nick Bass.

Personally, I'd put Arkee above all of those. The guy was an NFL talent. Such a waste of potential.

chattownmocs
May 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEhbALtkNGE

bobcathpdevil56
May 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM
He didn't play at "my school", but he is pretty high profile from a low profile state. So i will say I am most ashamed of Ryan Leaf. He has become a pretty big joke and make MT look pretty bad in the process.

Just saw he was already voted for. So this is vote 2 for Leaf

jmufan999
May 9th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I would say Safety Jon Williams. Really talented player who was kicked off the team. 1 year ago? 2? He was arrested after being in a fight, believe he was charged with a felony. Had a lot of skill though, I seem to remember he had a key interception in the game against VT.

Go Bison
May 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Does LakesBison count? He claims to have been a player when at NDSU.

PantherRob82
May 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Does LakesBison count? He claims to have been a player when at NDSU.

I've never seen him claim that.

clenz
May 9th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I've never seen him claim that.
He has....multiple times

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Silenoz
May 9th, 2012, 05:07 PM
You guys are just jealous

bulldog10jw
May 9th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Eric Johnson

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20442126,00.html

344Johnson
May 9th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I would have said Reggie Scott, but he never went to the NFL, (I don't think), and I assumed this thread was about NFL players from your school.

Tyrone Braxton got into some money/drug trouble and had to sell his SB rings.

Not ashamed of him. I was at a wrestling tournement in Denver wearing an NDSU t-shirt and he saw me walking to go get food and came up to me and said he was a Bison. He signed my shirt. Also gave a motivational speech at the tournement. I think this was after his troubles.

Ashamed of....all the douchebags(can I say that here?) who got in trouble with the drugs and the Best Buy scandal.

AmsterBison
May 9th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Not ashamed of him. I was at a wrestling tournement in Denver wearing an NDSU t-shirt and he saw me walking to go get food and came up to me and said he was a Bison. He signed my shirt. Also gave a motivational speech at the tournement. I think this was after his troubles.

Yeah, Tyrone is still one of my favorite Bison. Good people can get drug problems.

Mr. C
May 9th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Eric Johnson

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20442126,00.html

So much for Eric Johnson's kid getting into Yale.

PantherRob82
May 9th, 2012, 08:24 PM
He has....multiple times

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

In that case, xlolxxlolxxlolx

Ivytalk
May 9th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Ted Kennedy.

SpeedkingATL
May 10th, 2012, 08:56 AM
We've had a few knuckleheads including 4 from last years roster, but I would just as soon let them fade into memory.

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM
For Lehigh, Theo Moss....

February 21, 2003|By Manuel Gamiz Jr. Of The Morning Call

Just 16 months ago, thousands of Lehigh University football fans cheered for Theo Moss and his ferocious quarterback sacks and game-saving fumble recoveries.

In a half-filled courtroom down the mountain from his football glory, District Justice Nancy Matos Gonzalez in Bethlehem ruled Thursday the once-promising football player must face trial on a charge of attempted homicide.

FormerPokeCenter
May 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Ted Kennedy.

I nominate this for POY...

Sammy94
May 10th, 2012, 01:02 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4934617324847123&pid=1.7&w=250&h=135&c=7&rs=1

catbob
May 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Ricky Gatewood...

Just Google it...

SpeedkingATL