PDA

View Full Version : A Late Spring Fling With Towson And Villanova

Mr. C
April 26th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Here is the latest column from College Sports Journal, highlighting spring football at Towson and Villanova:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/78-college-sports-journal/david-coulson/208-a-late-spring-fling-with-towson-and-villanova

henfan
April 26th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Interesting that Talley is quoted as saying that the school's Big East FB aspirations "have sailed".

Bogus Megapardus
April 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM
"I think that ship has sailed," Talley said. "We are pretty bitter about how we were treated in that process. I just hope all of this expansion stuff settles down and let's us have a conference to play football in for the next few years."

LFN? Time's yours . . . . xlolxxrotatehxxnodx

Oh, and . . . uh . . . Coach Talley? Don't worry. We'll leave the light on for ya.

aceinthehole
April 26th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Yeah, but no complaints about the 'football enhancement' check they are cashing from the Big East.

HailSzczur
April 26th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Sophomore passer Chris Polony "can be one of the best quarterbacks in the CAA, if he cuts down on his turnovers," Talley said.
Very, very insightful words from Andy here. In other words from what I've seen and hear it means its Polony's job to lose, and that the reality is he's not impressing as much as hoped for.

I'm glad Talley has finally come out and said that BE football is over. We all knew it, no one was being fooled. Hopefully it will finally get put to rest as its frustrating to keep going through the laundry list of reasons why we couldn't do FBS football

HailSzczur
April 26th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Finally getting word from the athletic department that they are done chasing BE football.
http://vuhoops.com/2012/04/26/tall-ships-and-tall-tales-of-frustration/

“[O]ur position hasn’t changed,” Villanova athletic director Vince Nicastro said in an email. “We greatly value our relationship with the Big East Conference, and feel that we have contributed significant value to the conference and its membership over the past 30 some years. We remain committed to working with the membership/leadership of the Big East to create a vibrant and successful future moving forward.”

“If a football opportunity arises that makes sense for us, we are fully prepared to give it all due consideration.”

Mr. C
April 26th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Very, very insightful words from Andy here. In other words from what I've seen and hear it means its Polony's job to lose, and that the reality is he's not impressing as much as hoped for.

I'm glad Talley has finally come out and said that BE football is over. We all knew it, no one was being fooled. Hopefully it will finally get put to rest as its frustrating to keep going through the laundry list of reasons why we couldn't do FBS football
The tone on Polony is really a bit different than what you infer. Andy loves Polony's arm and thinks he can be a great QB. Andy just wants him to cut down on his mistakes and turnovers and think if Chris grows in this way that he will be a top-flight CAA QB as soon as this season. The staff also likes the running ability of Robertson. He runs the read option very well.