PDA

View Full Version : Street & Smiths cover

tarmac
June 15th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Ricky Santos (New Hampshire)and Marcus Murrell (APP State) are on the cover of the latest Steet & Smith's region 1 and 5 respectivly. .

https://www.streetandsmiths.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=store.covers&catid=2

June 15th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Wow, look at those pics!!! :( Beats a blank ... I guess.

https://www.streetandsmiths.com/images/covers/2006CF5.jpg
^Guess which Carolina team is more highly decorated.

https://www.streetandsmiths.com/images/covers/2006CF1.jpg
^Guess which team has a bigger 1-2 punch.

Mr. C
June 15th, 2006, 09:31 PM
To be quite honest, I couldn't tell you who any of those other cover boys are. Never heard of any of them, other than Marques Murrell and Ricky Santos. Why would you put a North Carolina player on a cover? Do they play football at North Carolina? I thought the Tar Babies had a basketball school.

Cocky
June 15th, 2006, 11:19 PM
To be quite honest, I couldn't tell you who any of those other cover boys are. Never heard of any of them, other than Marques Murrell and Ricky Santos. Why would you put a North Carolina player on a cover? Do they play football at North Carolina? I thought the Tar Babies had a basketball school.

Ditto from me,too.

June 15th, 2006, 11:24 PM
All but one preview mag are I-A advertisements. The companies that back the I-A mags also back the ads you see at I-A stadiums and on I-A TV.

PantherRob82
June 15th, 2006, 11:51 PM
If Ralph did the magazine it would be Santos and Ball on every cover. xlolx

June 16th, 2006, 01:11 AM
If Ralph did the magazine it would be Santos and Ball on every cover. xlolxRob=:waawaa: xlolx

"If Ralph did the magazine" it would have significant I-AA coverage. See the mag I gave you. It is better in content and quality than any other. Do you disagree?

Tod
June 16th, 2006, 01:57 AM
If Ralph did the magazine it would be Santos and Ball on every cover. xlolx

Santos and Ball are in a position to set many D-I records. They deserve the cover.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bluehenbillk
June 16th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Street & Smith will be probably the only preview magazine I'll buy this year, they do the best job of covering 1-AA for any magazine I'll get before the season starts.

Catmendue2
June 16th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Street & Smith will be probably the only preview magazine I'll buy this year, they do the best job of covering 1-AA for any magazine I'll get before the season starts.

So true, I will be buying it too.

AppGuy04
June 16th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Something is better than nothing

813Jag
June 16th, 2006, 08:15 AM
I will buy that too. It's hard to get info on I-AA teams in Tampa. USF gets no love here so i know it's asking alot to hear about our teams.

walliver
June 16th, 2006, 09:17 AM

It looks like the I-AA player is standing on the sideline watching the I-A boys play football:nono:

89Hen
June 16th, 2006, 10:28 AM
:( Beats a blank ... I guess.

You kidding me? There are four other I-A teams in NC, I think it's darn impressive that an App player made it on the cover at all! :hurray:

WUTNDITWAA
June 16th, 2006, 11:17 AM
You kidding me? There are four other I-A teams in NC, I think it's darn impressive that an App player made it on the cover at all! :hurray:

We agree there. :hurray: to the fine folks at S&S.

SoCon48
June 16th, 2006, 11:31 AM

It looks like the I-AA player is standing on the sideline watching the I-A boys play football:nono:

Naaah. You remember that pose. That's one just before he smacks your QB.

bluehenbillk
June 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Is the mag on the shelves already?

PantherRob82
June 16th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Rob=:waawaa: xlolx

"If Ralph did the magazine" it would have significant I-AA coverage. See the mag I gave you. It is better in content and quality than any other. Do you disagree?

Ralph - You gotta know I'm joking, right? Your magazine is great and thus why I spend time on this site. Keep in mind that the few days I spent with you all I heard you talk about was Ball and Santos. :D

OL FU
June 16th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Is the mag on the shelves already?

Saw the Pro S&S today. I did not see the College

WildcatFan
June 16th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Ralph - You gotta know I'm joking, right? Your magazine is great and thus why I spend time on this site. Keep in mind that the few days I spent with you all I heard you talk about was Ball and Santos. :D

I know I'm sick of reading this "joke" sounds like whining to me

Retro
June 16th, 2006, 04:28 PM

Your contstant whining about when the 2005 I-AA.org Mag was released is getting old! :deadhorse:

The cause of the delay was beyond our control! Ralph and i worked hard to get the magazine out last year in reasonable time despite it still being after the first week.

If you don't want to support the magazine this year, then just don't. We don't need your belittling it, just to boost your ego!

Why even post on this board if your so anti I-aa.org/AGS, because that's exactly what your appearing as when you complain thread after thread.

Uncle Buck
June 16th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Where do we order it?

PantherRob82
June 16th, 2006, 10:18 PM
I know I'm sick of reading this "joke" sounds like whining to me

Because clearly my feelings were hurt when we won. xidiotx

might be a poor played out joke, but not sure when it becomes whining. anyone would get tired of hearing about any players that frequently. I don't even want to hear about Eric Sanders and his stats that much.

June 16th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Because clearly my feelings were hurt when we won. xidiotx might be a poor played out joke, but not sure when it becomes whining. anyone would get tired of hearing about any players that frequently. I don't even want to hear about Eric Sanders and his stats that much.I know you are joking but please acknowledge that Santos and Ball are light years ahead of any pass-catch team UNI played last year. Yeah, you heard me talk about them because it was the first time I saw them play in person after seeing UNI many times. It was just appreciation I have for that combo.

PantherRob82
June 16th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Ralph- You know I have respect for them. They are individually the best at their positions and so obviously alo the best duo. I know you are a huge fan of the game and were impressed by their play. Maybe some day you can do regional mags. :D

June 17th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Ralph- You know I have respect for them. They are individually the best at their positions and so obviously alo the best duo. I know you are a huge fan of the game and were impressed by their play. Maybe some day you can do regional mags. :DI loved Farley's comments after the game... something like "they were wonderful" but what he meant (and you have to know Mark to get this) is "they (UNH) were lucky to come out of the game alive." xlolx

BTW, in case anyone doesn't know Mark was known as a crazy assassin on the same defense as D1B and teamed with Cap'n Cat to go to the I-AA semis in 1985.

Look at pics of him and imagine facing him as a receiver with him at diabolical LB.

rcny46
June 17th, 2006, 01:04 AM
I loved Farley's comments after the game... something like "they were wonderful" but what he meant (and you have to know Mark to get this) is "they were lucky to come out of the game alive." xlolx

BTW, in case anyone doesn't know Mark was known as a crazy assassin on the same defense as D1B and teamed with Cap'n Cat to go to the I-AA semis in 1985.

Look at pics of him and imagine facing him as a receiver with him at diabolical LB.

Was that 1985 semifinal appearance by UNI played at Nickerson Field in Boston against BU? I saw them play against the Terriers that day,but I don't remember if it was a semifinal game in the playoffs.I'm pretty sure it went into OT as well.Great game.

PantherRob82
June 17th, 2006, 11:25 AM
the semifinal game was in the dome against ga southern. i'm not sure what game was in boston since i was 3.

rcny46
June 17th, 2006, 12:04 PM
the semifinal game was in the dome against ga southern. i'm not sure what game was in boston since i was 3.

I was thinking of the `93 opening round playoff game between UNI & BU which was played in Boston.That game went to BU in 2OT's,27-21.Boston U went on to lose the next week at Idaho.Sorry for the confusion,but memory is always the second thing to go.

bluehenbillk
June 18th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Your contstant whining about when the 2005 I-AA.org Mag was released is getting old! :deadhorse:

The cause of the delay was beyond our control! Ralph and i worked hard to get the magazine out last year in reasonable time despite it still being after the first week.

If you don't want to support the magazine this year, then just don't. We don't need your belittling it, just to boost your ego!

Why even post on this board if your so anti I-aa.org/AGS, because that's exactly what your appearing as when you complain thread after thread.

Thanks, I'll just let my wallet do the talking.

UNHWildCats
June 18th, 2006, 08:24 AM

Watching Ball and Santos play can be comnpared on a college level to watching Montana and Rice play. Its hard not to talk about them if you see them play, there just soo explosive.

June 18th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks, I'll just let my wallet do the talking.We noticed... http://anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/buttons/AGSDonorbutton.gif