PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State Spring Game

Sycamore51
April 23rd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Ace Hunt
GoSycamores.com

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- With a starter returning from last year at nearly every position for the Sycamore defense, they enjoyed a strong spring practice and put an exclamation point on those efforts as the Blue Team defeated the White 7-0 at the annual spring game on a beautiful day for football at Memorial Stadium.

The stands and sidelines were full of Sycamore fans and alumni on the heels of another successful Indiana State Football Golf Outing on Friday at Hulman Links Golf Course.

The lone score of the day came with eight minutes left in the first quarter on a 21-yard interception return for a touchdown by senior linebacker Aaron Archie. From there on, the Sycamore defense allowed two long drives the rest of the way. They held with a missed 28-yard field goal and also allowed no score in the final minute of the game as time expired on the scrimmage.

The White Team was made up of the first team offense as well as the defensive reserves while the Blue Team was comprised of the first team defense and the offensive reserves.

Senior Travis Johnson enjoyed a solid day for the Sycamores at quarterback as he was 7-of-13 passing for 70 yards while sophomore Mike Perish was 6-of-11 for 33 yards and an interception. Blake Loncar completed 3-of-7 passes for 22 yards and an interception while Trent Lancaster was 1-of-3.

Redshirt freshman Richie Dyer led the team with 10 rushes for 24 yards while junior Shakir Bell had 19 yards on four rushes.

Junior Donald Spencer led the Sycamore receiving corps with three pass receptions for 42 yards while Tanner Riley had three catches for 20 yards.

Archie had the Sycamore interception while Dillion Painter posted one quarterback sack and Bishop had a pair.

In special teams, there were no kickoffs or punts but Tanner Fritschle hit his lone extra point attempt and missed a 28-yard field goal attempt.

The Sycamores will report for fall camp in early August leading up to the season opener at Indiana on September 1 and will be televised on the Big Ten Network.

darell1976
April 23rd, 2012, 09:00 AM
Ace Hunt
GoSycamores.com

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- With a starter returning from last year at nearly every position for the Sycamore defense, they enjoyed a strong spring practice and put an exclamation point on those efforts as the Blue Team defeated the White 7-0 at the annual spring game on a beautiful day for football at Memorial Stadium.

The stands and sidelines were full of Sycamore fans and alumni on the heels of another successful Indiana State Football Golf Outing on Friday at Hulman Links Golf Course.

The lone score of the day came with eight minutes left in the first quarter on a 21-yard interception return for a touchdown by senior linebacker Aaron Archie. From there on, the Sycamore defense allowed two long drives the rest of the way. They held with a missed 28-yard field goal and also allowed no score in the final minute of the game as time expired on the scrimmage.

The White Team was made up of the first team offense as well as the defensive reserves while the Blue Team was comprised of the first team defense and the offensive reserves.

Senior Travis Johnson enjoyed a solid day for the Sycamores at quarterback as he was 7-of-13 passing for 70 yards while sophomore Mike Perish was 6-of-11 for 33 yards and an interception. Blake Loncar completed 3-of-7 passes for 22 yards and an interception while Trent Lancaster was 1-of-3.

Redshirt freshman Richie Dyer led the team with 10 rushes for 24 yards while junior Shakir Bell had 19 yards on four rushes.

Junior Donald Spencer led the Sycamore receiving corps with three pass receptions for 42 yards while Tanner Riley had three catches for 20 yards.

Archie had the Sycamore interception while Dillion Painter posted one quarterback sack and Bishop had a pair.

In special teams, there were no kickoffs or punts but Tanner Fritschle hit his lone extra point attempt and missed a 28-yard field goal attempt.

The Sycamores will report for fall camp in early August leading up to the season opener at Indiana on September 1 and will be televised on the Big Ten Network.

Better work on that before fall.

Sycamore51
April 23rd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Our field goal kicking is why we were 6-5 last year. INST was solid everywhere but there. If it doesn't improve it will be another 6-5/5-6 kind of year.

clenz
April 23rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
I'm glad InSU isn't on UNI's schedule this year for one reason.....

I've never EVER said I'm glad InSU isn't on UNI's schedule....I never EVER thought I'd say it either.

TheRevSFA
April 23rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Wow that was a real barn burner. Your first team offense couldn't move on the Defense? Scary thought.

Sycamore51
April 23rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
I think we bring 10 or 11 starters on D back. Bell only ran 4 times, for 19 yards, so that is a lot of not moving the ball. We have some questions in our passing game for sure.

frozennorth
April 23rd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Wow that was a real barn burner. Your first team offense couldn't move on the Defense? Scary thought.

I don't think many teams in the mvfc will be taking steps back this year. Should be a brutal league.

TheRevSFA
April 23rd, 2012, 11:53 AM
I don't think many teams in the mvfc will be taking steps back this year. Should be a brutal league.

I agree. I'm going to be watching from Texas. Going to be a great season up there.