PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota's Spring Game--notes

darell1976
April 17th, 2012, 05:11 PM
http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

A couple notes as we head towards the annual Spring Game this weekend. Game time is 3pm on Saturday, April 21st. There is a full day of activities planned for kids and fans alike. More on that later this week.

■Former Grand Forks Central/Wisconsin/NFL star QB Brooks Bollinger will be back in his hometown this weekend. Bollinger will be a guest speaker at the annual Sioux Coaches Convention that is being held in conjunction with the spring football game. Nice to see him still hold up to his commitment even after he was hired to coach QB’s at Pittsburgh in February. Says a lot about the guy’s character.

■The Sioux have offered Cretin-Derham Hall OL/DL Akeem Roller (6’4″-280). Roller’s older brother Willie was a 2011 graduate of CDH and is currently playing football at Alabama State.

■The rosters for this weekend’s spring game can be found here: http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205414556

■There are going to be upwards of 50-60 recruits at the spring game. That is an astounding number. For any of you recruiting junkies out there, the Alerus Center will be the place to be if you want to try and figure out who they are interested in.

■The tailgating atmosphere for the spring game should be impressive. Many local vendors and restaurants will be in attendance in the parking lot. There also will be another “rib cook-off” contest. Last year’s spring game tailgate was supposed to be pretty special, but bad weather thwarted that. They are hoping the weather holds up this year and have set their goal to break the all-time spring game attendance record from Spring of 2001 – the first year of the Alerus.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=fgf&zmx=1&zmy=1&map.x=181&map.y=112

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54.

Uncle Rico's Clan
April 17th, 2012, 05:46 PM
What is your current spring game record attendance?

LakesBison
April 17th, 2012, 06:01 PM
800? theyll just guess high.

slostang
April 17th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Dude, your act is getting real old. I find it funny how you post more in UND thread than Sioux fan do. Time to move on.

darell1976
April 17th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Someone commented on the blog that the record in 2001 was 4,000. 2001 was the year UND won the DII National Title. So maybe with being in the Big Sky, and finally being playoff eligible the excitement level can come back to UND football.

LakesBison
April 17th, 2012, 10:41 PM
slostang. im just answering uncle rico's question.

darell1976
April 21st, 2012, 04:51 PM
The Green beat the White 20-14 WR's Hardin and Townsend has 2TD's each...attending the game was singer Jordin Sparks (her brother plays RB for UND) and Former Minnesota Viking and UND great Dave Osborn. I haven't gotten a word on attendance, but will post a post game report later.

frozennorth
April 21st, 2012, 05:05 PM
Sioux fan do.

i'm glad you kept that signular, because there really is only one since I am no longer allowed to call myself a sioux fan according to siouxsports dot com

dakotadan
April 21st, 2012, 07:07 PM
Plenty of us read the site but choose not to post much. It's hard to actually carry on a decent UND thread here without the trolls taking it over.

darell1976
April 21st, 2012, 07:26 PM
http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58640&SPID=6399&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205417443&DB_OEM_ID=13500

Both teams scored a pair of receiving touchdowns on the field in Saturday's annual Green-White Game at the Alerus Center, but six points garnered by the Green team's fans in the special scoring between quarters catapulted that squad to a 20-14 victory.

The air show during the four quarters of play kept the approximately 2,000 fans in the stands entertained throughout the four-quarter contest as the North Dakota football team concluded spring practices with the annual intrasquad matchup.

Townsend's catch would be the final play of the scrimmage. He finished with five catches for 109 yards and two scores. Junior R.J. McGill (Phoenix, Ariz.) led all receivers with six catches for 110 yards for the Green Team.

Hopefully the air show promises good things this fall!!

cbarrier90
April 21st, 2012, 08:12 PM
Never thought I'd see "NFL Star QB" and "Brooks Bollinger" in the same sentence...

F350KINGRANCH
April 21st, 2012, 08:20 PM
you forget this article came from the land of complete and utter delusion, so i am surprised it wasnt nfl star qb and future hall of famer brooks bollinger

LakesBison
April 21st, 2012, 09:12 PM
1200, though they guessed 2000. (they include online students at their school for enrollment too)

frozennorth
April 21st, 2012, 09:50 PM
Plenty of us read the site but choose not to post much. It's hard to actually carry on a decent UND thread here without the trolls taking it over.

darell can be pretty awful :)

frozennorth
April 21st, 2012, 09:52 PM
1200, though they guessed 2000. (they include online students at their school for enrollment too)

and supposedly double count. I wonder if i could have voted for myself twice of student body president since i'm also supposedly two students

darell1976
April 21st, 2012, 10:23 PM
I forget Lakes is the offical butt in the seats counter at the Alerus Center. He attends all UND games and personally counts the butts both male and female that are in the seats. Its a tough job but someone has to do it.

darell1976
April 21st, 2012, 10:27 PM

I hear you Dan, and UAH does a good job interjecting the trolls....it just makes their fanbase look even more worse than it is. Some Bison fans actually have good things to say or pose good questions, then there are others where you just want to give it a "facepalm". Fans of other FCS schools please continue to read and post as you like as the trolls get weeded out.

LakesBison
April 21st, 2012, 11:21 PM
ndsu had 8 ushers with hand counters, i heard there was open door policy at grand forks, so who knows what your # was

darell1976
April 22nd, 2012, 07:29 AM
ndsu had 8 ushers with hand counters, i heard there was open door policy at grand forks, so who knows what your # was

I find it amusing that you disbelieve the attendance at all UND games...including their spring game.xlmaox