PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Villanova on CN8

LEHIGH61
June 14th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Good news! The Villanova-Lehigh game on September 9th will be shown on CN8. Broadcast time is 6 P.M.

ngineer
June 14th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks-I'll be making the drive down to 'nova, but hadn't heard when the kickoff was to be. Will actually be able to get some work done in the a.m.!:nod:

blukeys
June 15th, 2006, 12:14 AM
I'll have to record it as the UD game is also at night.

Pard4Life
June 15th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Oh great... I will be in the woods watching the Leopards poach Bucknell.. and hopefully not abducted by a UFO.. so I guess it's break out the VCR.. disappointing.. I like seeing Lehigh on CN8 ala UD last year.

cosmo here
June 15th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Oh great... I will be in the woods watching the Leopards poach Bucknell.. and hopefully not abducted by a UFO.. so I guess it's break out the VCR.. disappointing.. I like seeing Lehigh on CN8 ala UD last year.

The only thing better than watching the game was the result :thumbsup:

colgate13
June 15th, 2006, 09:01 AM
The only thing better than watching the game was the result :thumbsup:

:nono:

LU/LC rivalry or not, you always want the PL to win OOC games, particularly against the A-10.

Pard4Life
June 15th, 2006, 09:36 AM
:nono:

LU/LC rivalry or not, you always want the PL to win OOC games, particularly against the A-10.

True, I was actually rooting for Lehigh that game but I was laughing my head off.. and in shock.. when they blew the game. Sadly, I admit rooting for Lehigh in OOC games except vs. the Ivies. Of course, I don't mind seeing them struggle or get a scare from a Monmouth or VMI.

GannonFan
June 15th, 2006, 09:56 AM
I'll have to record it as the UD game is also at night.

Yup, depending on what else is on that night (actually Ohio St at Texas is that night) that'll be a TiVo game for me as well - granted it's only UD/West Chester, but it's safe to say I'll be at the Tub for opening night.

89Hen
June 15th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Awesome! Another game broadcast by a Comcast network that I won't get as a Comcast subscriber. :mad:

GannonFan
June 15th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Awesome! Another game broadcast by a Comcast network that I won't get as a Comcast subscriber. :mad:

Why no CN8?

cosmo here
June 15th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Yup, depending on what else is on that night (actually Ohio St at Texas is that night) that'll be a TiVo game for me as well - granted it's only UD/West Chester, but it's safe to say I'll be at the Tub for opening night.

Texas at Ohio State was the night of the Lehigh-Delaware game last year. I got a text from a friend who said that even Lembo's wife was watching UT-OSU, after I told him I was watching the Lehigh game.

GannonFan
June 15th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Texas at Ohio State was the night of the Lehigh-Delaware game last year. I got a text from a friend who said that even Lembo's wife was watching UT-OSU, after I told him I was watching the Lehigh game.

The beauty was that both games were great games. I had to leave at halftime of the Lehigh/UD (my 2 year old typically only makes it that long for night games and he loves to come so much I can't just leave him at home) so I got back and got to watch both game picture in picture. Nothing wrong with too much good football to watch.

Pard4Life
June 15th, 2006, 10:25 AM

I am not sure the game will be on CN8 in NJ... ridiculous.. but my dad can and often does record games off of CN8 in PA. I guess NJ is not considered their market.. although we have gotten Villanova and UPenn games in northern NJ last season... so I guess this game is a toss up for NJ CN8.

Engineer91
June 15th, 2006, 10:25 AM
The beauty was that both games were great games. I had to leave at halftime of the Lehigh/UD (my 2 year old typically only makes it that long for night games and he loves to come so much I can't just leave him at home) so I got back and got to watch both game picture in picture. Nothing wrong with too much good football to watch.

My 5 month old stayed for the whole game and was very excited to be watching. Of course he slept through the whole 3rd quarter. Now that he is mobile, I'm not sure if he will last that long anymore.

colgate13
June 15th, 2006, 10:32 AM
You should be able to get this game online through CN8. I was able to catch the UD/LU game live online last year all the way up on the tundra.

89Hen
June 15th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Why no CN8?
Because Comcast blows. Really, they've only ever replied to my inquiries once and I knew what the answer would be... some BS about FCC/local rules and laws... similar to the issue dish had with giving you local channels. The reason I say it's BS is the my county seems to be the ONLY one that doesn't get CN8. They have it in Baltimore and Richmond, but not in DC. :nonono2:

bluehenbillk
June 15th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I don't get CN8 either but I make up for it on Sundays because I get the major networks from both Philly & Baltimore.