PDA

View Full Version : UD Helmet Cam in Spring Scrimmage

BlueHenSinfonian
April 16th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Someone posted a link to this on GoHens.net, apparently Tim Donnelly (backup QB from last year who ended up becoming starter after Sasek's injuries) had a helmet cam put on him during this past Saturday's practice/scrimmage. Here is some footage from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY1LaTJM7Dk&feature=youtu.be

jmufan999
April 16th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Don't take this as me saying anything nice about Delaware, but this is f****ing awesome. I love it. Not Delaware, the helmet cam.

HailSzczur
April 16th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Wow, thats awesome, props.

It would have been 10x better though if there were nothing but fumbles, INTs, dropped passes, and missed field goals. Maybe it will all go down hill by the last week of the season.

Screamin_Eagle174
April 16th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Agreed, that's a pretty effin' cool idea. Be cool to see from a RB, WR, and DB's point of view as well.

I-16Bandit
April 17th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Awwww. Mute the snap-count? No fun in that... :)

Smitty
April 17th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Pretty awesome.

PaladinFan
April 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
for a while, the NFL used to put camera's on the officials hats. I loved that. Don't know why they stopped.

HailSzczur
April 17th, 2012, 12:44 PM
for a while, the NFL used to put camera's on the officials hats. I loved that. Don't know why they stopped.

Probably because you could no longer give them the benefit of the doubt when they missed an obvious call when you had video evidence that they were looking right at it.

Pitz
April 18th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Is it just me, or is he 7-feet tall?

Side Judge
April 18th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Don't take this as me saying anything nice about Delaware, but this is f****ing awesome. I love it. Not Delaware, the helmet cam.

Need to make a visor cam for MM - and then we could bet on how long it would last thru the first game before it ends up shattered on the turf...

UD77
April 18th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Is it just me, or is he 7-feet tall?

he is about 6-5

andy7171
April 18th, 2012, 01:32 PM

+6.93!

jmufan999
April 18th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Need to make a visor cam for MM - and then we could bet on how long it would last thru the first game before it ends up shattered on the turf...

Great idea. My guess would be that it would be shattered before the end of the first quarter. You could also put one on his jacket, he threw that at Virginia Tech. Really hilarious, I'm sure you can find it on youtube if you care.