PDA

View Full Version : Add Three - Nationally Televised I-AA Games

TexasTerror
June 13th, 2006, 05:12 PM
So, we got UMass vs Navy, Furman vs Jacksonville St (CSTV), Hampton vs Grambling (ESPN2) and these three ESPNU games! Keep'em rolling!

Ralph...have you compiled a list of I-AA TV games yet? Or Retro? I know you did last year, Retro...

MACOMB, Ill. - The Big Ten Conference announced today its 16-game ABC/ESPN television lineup for the 2006 football season. Western Illinois’ September 9 game at Wisconsin, which will now kick off at 2:30 p.m. (CDT), will be aired lived on ESPNU.

Just three I-AA teams are part of the 16-game schedule. In addition to the Western Illinois/Wisconsin matchup, Montana at Iowa (Sept. 2) and Youngstown State at Penn State (Sept. 16) will also air on ESPNU.

http://www.wiuathletics.com/release.sphp?id=2719

GeauxColonels
June 13th, 2006, 07:35 PM
DAMN YOU COX COMMUNICATIONS!!!!!!! STATE CARRYING ESPNU and CSTV!!!!!!!

blackfordpu
June 13th, 2006, 10:14 PM
DAMN YOU COX COMMUNICATIONS!!!!!!! STATE CARRYING ESPNU and CSTV!!!!!!!

Time Warner doesn't carry ESPNU either. :bawling:

thirdgendin
June 13th, 2006, 10:49 PM
You also have Furman at North Carolina on ESPNU.

Baldy
June 13th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Get a satellite!!!

slycat
June 13th, 2006, 11:40 PM
when is fox sports releasing their schedule?

TexasTerror
June 14th, 2006, 06:00 AM
when is fox sports releasing their schedule?

Remember...as it relates to I-AA and SLC games that are announced on Fox Sports Net, these are announced once Fox Sports Net takes care of their TV windows with the national deals they have (Big XII, Pac-10, etc)...

SLC will announce their TV slate at the SLC Football Media Days more than likely...

GeauxColonels
June 14th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Get a satellite!!!
Too much of a hassle to get a satellite at the apartment complex I live at. Too many dumb rules and regulations regarding the dishes.

Umass74
June 14th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Too much of a hassle to get a satellite at the apartment complex I live at. Too many dumb rules and regulations regarding the dishes.

GC:

Many condo associations/planned community/apartment complexes have rules left over from the time dishes were six feet in diameter.

Here in the Northeast, many people have sued to end the restrictions since the dishes shrank to about 12 inches. And they have been winning.

The courts held that there were no compelling reason to ban the smaller dishes.

Dukester
June 14th, 2006, 09:46 AM
You also have Furman at North Carolina on ESPNU.

That's a game I'll look forward to watching!

GeauxColonels
June 14th, 2006, 10:43 AM
GC:

Many condo associations/planned community/apartment complexes have rules left over from the time dishes were six feet in diameter.

Here in the Northeast, many people have sued to end the restrictions since the dishes shrank to about 12 inches. And they have been winning.

The courts held that there were no compelling reason to ban the smaller dishes.
My complex allows the small dishes but has other restrictions as to how they are set up and mounted and so on and so forth. To me, it's just way too much of a hassle to deal with them.

Pard4Life
June 14th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Yale at Lafayette is going to be on CSTV 9/30. Every Lafayette game is televised so you could pick it up on the dish or DirectTV or whatever major provider you have.

rcny46
June 14th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Get a satellite!!!

I'm launching one tonight!

vmisport
June 14th, 2006, 04:38 PM
to be televised on an ESPN affiliate (likely ESPNU)

NHWildcatfan
June 23rd, 2006, 09:39 PM
UNH vs. Northwestern on Sept. 9th (CSTV) :hurray: 1 p.m. start :(

Tod
June 23rd, 2006, 11:04 PM
I'm launching one tonight!

Damn, I missed it! xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

trojan5588
June 23rd, 2006, 11:42 PM
when does fox COLLEGE sports release their schedule...preferably FCS Atlantic???

ISUMatt
June 24th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I wish DirecTV had Fox College Sports

Go...gate
June 24th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Anybody hear if Brown at Princeton on Friday night 10/13 is an ESPNU game?

SuperJon
June 24th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Rumor has it the Wake Forest vs Liberty game will be on tv because the time has moved from 1:30 to 3:30.

mainejeff
June 24th, 2006, 03:19 PM

:thumbsup:

CrunchGriz
June 24th, 2006, 03:51 PM
My complex allows the small dishes but has other restrictions as to how they are set up and mounted and so on and so forth. To me, it's just way too much of a hassle to deal with them.

On this issue, in 1996 the FCC prohibited (in 47 C.F.R. Section 1.4000) restrictions that impair the installation, maintenance or use of antennas used to receive video programming. The rule applies to video antennas including direct-to-home satellite dishes that are less than one meter (39.37") in diameter.

In 1999 this rule was extended to renters with an exclusive use area, such as a balcony or patio.

Thus, if your apartment owner or condo or home-owners association says you can't have one, point them to this link:

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

GeauxColonels
June 26th, 2006, 10:35 AM
On this issue, in 1996 the FCC prohibited (in 47 C.F.R. Section 1.4000) restrictions that impair the installation, maintenance or use of antennas used to receive video programming. The rule applies to video antennas including direct-to-home satellite dishes that are less than one meter (39.37") in diameter.

In 1999 this rule was extended to renters with an exclusive use area, such as a balcony or patio.

Thus, if your apartment owner or condo or home-owners association says you can't have one, point them to this link:

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html
Reread my post, they DON'T prohibit satellites. It's just a pain to go and change the paperwork (since the office closes before I get home from work most days) as well as making sure that I follow all restrictions. Plus, it's much easier for me to have my phone, Internet and television all on one bill.

UNHWILDCATS05
June 26th, 2006, 10:57 AM

Where did you see that the game was going to be on CSTV. Doesn't say anything about it on the CSTV website. On the UNH 2006 prospectus is says "CST" next to the game, but that just means Central Standard time... did you read that too fast and think it meant CSTV..??

Retro
June 26th, 2006, 11:39 AM
I have UMASS at Navy on Sept 9th at 1:30pm from CSTV's official release.. Nothing about UNH and Northwestern.

trojan5588
June 30th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Anyone have the TV schedules for CSTV, or Fox College Sports or FSN...especially FCS Atlatntic, or FSN Pittsburgh

Eaglegus2
June 30th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine that works for FoxSportsNet.

He said that the scheduling of football games for all Fox affiliates will come out near the end of July.

He mentioned since the acquisition of Turner South that Fox may have some football games on TS.

The decision hasn't been made at this time, but is still being considered.

TexasTerror
July 9th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Another televised game...

FAMU football game with S.C. State moved to Oct. 12 for ESPNU

Florida A&M athletic director Nelson Townsend revealed today that the Rattlers' Oct. 14 home football game against South Carolina State has been moved up two days to be a Thursday night broadcast on ESPNU.

Golden Eagle
July 17th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Here's a shocker. On September 21, ESPNU will be televising a Thursday night clash, Eastern Kentucky @ Tennessee Tech. First ever nationally-televised football game in Cookeville.

TexasTerror
July 18th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Here's a shocker. On September 21, ESPNU will be televising a Thursday night clash, Eastern Kentucky @ Tennessee Tech. First ever nationally-televised football game in Cookeville.

OVC is definitely getting loads of television love this year...

Can't wait for that Thursday night battle! :nod: