PDA

View Full Version : Four UMass games to be televised

Umass74
June 10th, 2006, 01:20 PM
UMass has announced (http://umassathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061006aaa.html) that at least four UMass games will be televised in 2006.:hurray:

Two of the games will be national broadcasts on CSTV: UMass @ Navy 09/09 and UMass @ UNH 11/04.

Regional Broadcasts will be on CN8: UMass @ Villanova 09/16 and UMass @ Northeastern on 11/04.

Some good games there for I-AA fans.

colgate13
June 10th, 2006, 03:03 PM
I would think that CN8 would pick up Colgate/UMass. It's been a great series so far and both teams are in the top 30 out there... have they scheduled anything else for that day yet?

Umass74
June 10th, 2006, 06:06 PM
'13:

I was thinking the same thing. Colgate was a playoff team last year. UMass was 7-4. That's a pretty good game right there. Even more so because it's an inter-conference game.

The UMass website says more games could be televised. It would be the first game on the new field turf surface so it should show I-AA in a good light...

We can hope!

TexasTerror
June 10th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Two of the games will be national broadcasts on CSTV: UMass @ Navy 09/09 and UMass @ UNH 11/04.

UMass @ Navy. This means we already have two I-A vs I-AA games getting televised. Perhaps we can get some I-AAs over I-As on the national tube!

Umass74
June 10th, 2006, 06:17 PM
UMass @ Navy. This means we already have two I-A vs I-AA games getting televised. Perhaps we can get some I-AAs over I-As on the national tube!

TT:

I hope UMass shows well against Navy. However, I have a tape of Navy absolutely killing Colorado State in a bowl game last year. I think Navy had something like 600 yards of offense.

Hopefully, we can get some turnovers. IMHO, Navy is going to be tough for any I-AA team. They are not the same team that the Hens stopped a few years ago...

The UMass-UNH game should be one of the top games in I-AA. We beat Santos and Co. last time in Durham. Hope we can do it again.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 10th, 2006, 06:22 PM
TT:

I hope UMass shows well against Navy. However, I have a tape of Navy absolutely killing Colorado State in a bowl game last year. I think Navy had something like 600 yards of offense.

Hopefully, we can get some turnovers. IMHO, Navy is going to be tough for any I-AA team. They are not the same team that the Hens stopped a few years ago...

The UMass-UNH game should be one of the top games in I-AA. We beat Santos and Co. last time in Durham. Hope we can do it again.

I'll be at that game, looking for the I-AA upset.. remember, Delaware did it not too long ago, so I'm hopeful I'll be able to witness it firsthand, for the first time in my life... :)

TheBisonator
June 10th, 2006, 10:17 PM
I'm just curious - What exactly is CN8??

Henny
June 10th, 2006, 10:36 PM
to stop Navy Umass has to spend more time stopping the spread option and this may take away from prep for other teams.

Yes UD won down there three years ago but played URI the week before and the defense lived on stopping that offense for two weeks and maybe some preseason. Plus we ran a similar offense at UD for 50 years.

umassfan
June 11th, 2006, 02:00 AM
CN8 is comcast network 8. Not sure what the 8 is for... maybe tv number. They have games ont he comcast network and over the internet. I love CN8 games. They are great for out of state fans.

Umass74
June 11th, 2006, 08:35 AM

Bisonator:

CN8 is here (http://ne.cn8.tv/channel/channelhome.asp?lChannelID=661).

They "televise" games over the internet. If you have a cable modem or DSL, it works great.

I watched the Hens-Lehigh game last year from my motel room in Hamilton,NY.

McTailGator
June 11th, 2006, 08:57 AM
TT:

UMass probably has a better shot at Navy than ANY team in the Conference that Colorado State plays in.

Colorado State's Defense is geared to stop the pass, not the Option. UMass sees a lot more balanced offenses that run the ball than Colorado State has ever seen.

Umass74
June 11th, 2006, 09:47 AM
UMass probably has a better shot at Navy than ANY team in the Conference that Colorado State plays in.

Colorado State's Defense is geared to stop the pass, not the Option. UMass sees a lot more balanced offenses that run the ball than Colorado State has ever seen.

Gator:

Bless you! Hope you are right. We held Rhody---who was averaging 495 yards/game in offense--to 249 yards. And 80 of those yards was the first drive.

And before anyone says it, yes, I know there is a difference between Rhody and Navy. However, Rhody has most of their talent on offense. They went out to Syracuse a few years ago an rang up 400 yards rushing against the Orange in the Carrier Dome. Their problems have been on defense.

Anyway, I had a great time at the Army game. What a great atmosphere! And I can take a loss if we play well.

I should have fun at the game. I was an enlisted man in the Navy back in Vietnam days. All the Navy players are future officers. I'm going to give them the business...:D

Pard4Life
June 11th, 2006, 10:34 AM

The Evil Empire :mad:

Pard4Life
June 11th, 2006, 10:36 AM
I hate to toot my horn but every Lafayette football game, home and away, will be on TV. :D Lafayette-Yale on CSTV 9/30, and likely Lafayette-Lehigh.. it always is. Our PR says we are the most televised I-AA team.. don't know if that is true.

GaSouthern
June 11th, 2006, 04:15 PM
I HOPE SO!!..... Just not over navy ;)

cosmo here
June 11th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Our PR says we are the most televised I-AA team.. don't know if that is true.

Certainly nobody the last three years (soon to be four) has had a better percentage . . 11 regular season plus a I-AA Playoff game each of the last two years, 12 regular season games in 2003. that's 36-of-36.

colorless raider
June 11th, 2006, 04:47 PM
was originally scheduled to be broadcast. What happened?:(

Umass74
June 11th, 2006, 06:13 PM
was originally scheduled to be broadcast. What happened?

CR:

Where did you hear that? Haven't seen anything on the UMass end about TV for that game.