PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Payback to Hoyas?

Lehigh Football Nation
March 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM
http://www.goleopards.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/lafa-m-footbl-sched.html

vs. Georgetown, Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012 Time: 6:00 p.m. ET

Bogus Megapardus
March 6th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I was pushing for a 9:30 PM start. And overnight bridge construction.

DFW HOYA
March 6th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Non-issue.

Bogus Megapardus
March 6th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Here we are trying to foment a legitimate basis for for an actual Patriot League rivalry involving Georgetown, and they'll have none of it. I'll bet if Yale or Princeton had their award-winning broadcast crews violently expelled from Multi-Sport Field, the Hoyas would invite the payback challenge.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 6th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Here's the other curious aspect of this. The weekend before...

Holy Cross (Homecoming) Oct. 20, 2012, 1:00 p.m. ET

Bogus Megapardus
March 6th, 2012, 04:30 PM

October 20 will be Homecoming.

October 27 will be Bloodletting.

LBPop
March 6th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I am really enjoying this. For years the time and location of the Georgetown game was a non-issue in the PL. In fact, it was pretty much considered the second Bye week. In a total distortion of Shakespeare's line, let me observe that: "The Leopard doth trash talk too much, me thinks". xnodx

colorless raider
March 6th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Will there be a coaching staff left at G'town at game time?

Bogus Megapardus
March 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I am really enjoying this. For years the time and location of the Georgetown game was a non-issue in the PL. In fact, it was pretty much considered the second Bye week. In a total distortion of Shakespeare's line, let me observe that: "The Leopard doth trash talk too much, me thinks". xnodx

That's what I'm talking about. Much better. Plus, the Hoyas now are playing their PL slate more in the second have of the season with the rest of us, so they can pretend that they're a real PL team. I will continue to to attempt to promote Lafayette vs. Georgetown as the Hoyas' first, legitimate smack-mouth PL rivalry (regardless of what DFW thinks). Georgetown's beating Lafayette in successive years when it had no business doing so, plus the whole television conspiracy, creates some real interest in this game, at least for me. Maybe it will catch on, who knows?

Will there be a coaching staff left at G'town at game time?

Yes, but they'll have to leave any smartphones or PDAs with video capability at the gate. Rumors that they'll all be hacked by the third quarter are both premature and plausibly deniable.

carney2
March 6th, 2012, 11:07 PM

Why is this "curious?" Homecoming is always a day game. Beginning last year, and with no logic involved, most of the rest of the games have 6:00 starts. Any night games after mid-October are insane.

Bogus Megapardus
March 7th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Maybe we could have Sandra Fluke as the halftime entertainment. That oughta heat things up.

RichH2
March 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Limbaugh could make an appearance. Just think of it . National TV ( of course only on tape delay in DC). He would trash both schools as leftist snob factories

Lehigh Football Nation
March 7th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Any night games after mid-October are insane.

I agree. And there's little reason for it G'Town/LC on the night of October 27th, when the week before there's a day game, there's a bye week at Lehigh, and last year the game played close to that date was played in a snowstorm where the only people in the stands watching were huddling together for warmth.

I can see night games early in the year. I can see night games when it's a 50 degree night. I can see games when Lehigh's playing a day game. I can even see nighttime "special occasion" games for TV. But I honestly don't see why this particular game is at night.

Ivytalk
March 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
They need to give the Hoyas' team bus ('48 Willys Overland International) extra time to make it to Easton.

carney2
March 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I agree. And there's little reason for it G'Town/LC on the night of October 27th, when the week before there's a day game, there's a bye week at Lehigh, and last year the game played close to that date was played in a snowstorm where the only people in the stands watching were huddling together for warmth.

I can see night games early in the year. I can see night games when it's a 50 degree night. I can see games when Lehigh's playing a day game. I can even see nighttime "special occasion" games for TV. But I honestly don't see why this particular game is at night.

And the week after the blizzard Lafayette had another home night game against Colgate. Despite the win and the exciting goal line to goal line dash with an interception on the final play, that was a very unpleasant affair.

RichH2
March 7th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Could it be that LC paid for lighting Fisher and come Hell or highwater they are going to use them. Does seem to make more sense to do so in the first 5-6 weeks. Late October into Nov gets brutal for nite games. Heck, often not so comfortable for day games

Bogus Megapardus
March 7th, 2012, 09:54 AM
They need to give the Hoyas' team bus ('48 Willys Overland International) extra time to make it to Easton.

Not only does it imbue the nostalgia and timelessness of the Georgetown gridiron, it also reassures boosters that no athletic funds are being diverted from basketball.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7706/bus2crop600.png

Lehigh Football Nation
March 7th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Not only does it imbue the nostalgia and timelessness of the Georgetown gridiron, it also reassures boosters that no athletic funds are being diverted from basketball.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7706/bus2crop600.png

Really, where do you get this stuff? xlolx

I think there is a 100% chance that this will be your AGS avatar that week. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
March 7th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Uh oh. Isn't October 27th, 2012 also the "end of days" of the Mayan calendar?

Bogie, the floor is yours.... xlolx

RichH2
March 7th, 2012, 10:34 AM
You do keep topping yourself with apt photos. Remarkable besides being hilarious

Bogus Megapardus
March 7th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the kind words. The picture is fake, of course. It's just a stock photo of an old bus, layered with a current "alternate" Georgetown logo, plus the "No TV" avatar I made last season.

RichH2
March 7th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Its the creativity that we praise not your research . Now about that ad campaign for PL........

Bogus Megapardus
March 7th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Its the creativity that we praise not your research . Now about that ad campaign for PL........

I've been thinking about this. It can't make us look "needy" like those horrible Quinnipiac ads or the billboards yu see in some place.

I an duly impressed with American University's "Wonk" campaign, though. Good stuff. They ran some ads during CBS Basketball.

http://www.theeagleonline.com/news/story/au-debuts-new-branding-effort-but-will-wonk-work/

Americanwonks.com:

http://www.americanwonks.com/

RichH2
March 7th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Wonk was cute and innovative. Certainly best college ad Ive seen. Most are mind numbingly trite and/or pedantic. The Hawaii ad was lively. Cheerleaders cute.One minor drawback, my takeaway was that it was for aSpring break locale not a University

carney2
March 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM

It will only feel like it as I am sitting there freezing my gonyoonies off. The "end of days" is 12/21/2012, conveniently scheduled to allow one more Lafayette-Lehigh game.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 7th, 2012, 12:56 PM
It will only feel like it as I am sitting there freezing my gonyoonies off. The "end of days" is 12/21/2012, conveniently scheduled to allow one more Lafayette-Lehigh game.

Will it happen before Lehigh's FCS semifinal game at Goodman, though? xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
March 7th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I think that Nostradamus predicted that the Mayan calendar predicted that the Pards will beat Lehigh this year. Or else the Mayans predicted that Nostradamus would predict . . . or whatever.

Either way I'm holding them both to it.

carney2
March 7th, 2012, 01:29 PM
I think that Nostradamus predicted that the Mayan calendar predicted that the Pards will beat Lehigh this year. Or else the Mayans predicted that Nostradamus would predict . . . or whatever.

Either way I'm holding them both to it.

I've gotten to the point that I'll settle for merely showing up. I can't tell you how much it bothers me that Frank's teams are now mailing in 25-30% of their games.

Seawolf97
March 7th, 2012, 08:28 PM

Bogie, the floor is yours.... xlolx

No 12/21 is . Will really mess up the basketball season !