PDA

View Full Version : Another SHSU coach leaving??

Freightliner
June 7th, 2006, 10:23 PM
First the DL coach leaves (Mutz) now is another jumping ship???

From footballscoop.com

Monday, June 5th

http://www.footballscoop.com/scoop.htm

Sam Houston State University DB's coach Perry Eliano headed to Central Arkansas?

any UCA or SHSU folks confirm this?

blackfordpu
June 7th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I have not heard anything and nothing is posted on Katfans.com or the newspaper, itemonline.com. I can't confirm or deny this but it can't do much to strengthen the program if it is true.

exbearkat
June 8th, 2006, 12:05 AM
I have not heard anything and nothing is posted on Katfans.com
Actually, both HAVE been posted on katfans.com, but neither has ever been confirmed. :nono:

gokats85
June 8th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Right now, nothing will be surprising when it comes to this!

blackfordpu
June 8th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Actually, both HAVE been posted on katfans.com, but neither has ever been confirmed. :nono:

Oh, I looked but didn't see them. Sorry. :o

Freightliner
June 8th, 2006, 11:26 AM
This was on today's football scoop.

Sam Houston Scoop- Mike Salinas from West Texas A&M hired as Corner's coach - replacing Perry Elliano

Bear Fan 101
June 8th, 2006, 02:39 PM
well this is what we had about it a few months ago, but nothing since...

http://www.ucafans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=662

although I just reposted the info I found on here on there now.

TexasTerror
June 8th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Here we go...the replacement:

CANYON, Texas - West Texas A&M Defensive Coordinator Mike Salinas announced this week that he will be leaving the Buffalo football program and accepting a position on the coaching staff at Sam Houston State after one season in Canyon.

Salinas, who joined Head Coach Don Carthel's coaching staff prior to last season, helped guide the team to its first Lone Star Conference Championship since 1986 and into the NCAA Division II Playoffs for the first time in school history. The team tallied a 10-2 record, marking an eight-game improvement from the 2004 season. Salinas' defense forced a league-high 37 turnovers on the season, including 23 interceptions, while holding its opponents to 419.3 yards a contest average.

Three Buffs defenders earned All-Lone Star Conference honors under the guidance of Salinas, as linebacker Max Steward and defensive back Keon Gaither were selected to the second team, while defensive lineman Darrell Lewis was an honorable mention.

Prior to joined the coaching staff at WTAMU, Salinas spent four season coaching at Texas A&M-Kingsville.

http://gobuffsgo.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060806aaa.html

Freightliner
June 8th, 2006, 09:11 PM
who did they hire to take Mutz's place?

TexasTerror
June 9th, 2006, 06:58 AM

Mutz was a volunteer assistant...

We'll see what happens on that front, but his position isn't really "part" of the staff...

kats89
June 9th, 2006, 07:51 AM

Whats's your interest in Mutz??

Freightliner
June 9th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Whats's your interest in Mutz??

No interest....just wondering on who replaced him.