PDA

View Full Version : More VMI Coaching shuffle?

Linehawg
June 7th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Just when I thought the staff was in place, someone said, "not so fast" then mummed up. Anyone else hear anything about another coach coming/going?

blukeys
June 7th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Just when I thought the staff was in place, someone said, "not so fast" then mummed up. Anyone else hear anything about another coach coming/going?

You have a quality Head Coach so quit your whining.:nod: :nod: In today's current environment assistant coaches change jobs quicker than they change their socks. If someone goes Reid will get on the phone and find a replacement. College football is filled with ambitious young men looking to move up. Reid will replace anyone leaving. This will only be a real problem in August.

bryan92
June 8th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Yea, I heard your offensive line coach was leaving and they will bring in another ol' Georgia Southern coach. If I knew how to send a pm on this forum, I'd tell you who.

Tribe4SF
June 8th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Click on Linehawg's name and a pm option will appear.

bryan92
June 8th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Thanks, I sent him the info.

Linehawg
June 8th, 2006, 08:19 AM
You have a quality Head Coach so quit your whining.:nod: :nod: In today's current environment assistant coaches change jobs quicker than they change their socks. If someone goes Reid will get on the phone and find a replacement. College football is filled with ambitious young men looking to move up. Reid will replace anyone leaving. This will only be a real problem in August.

Whining? C'mon chicken-boy, it was just a question...sheesh!

DTSpider
June 8th, 2006, 08:35 AM
This move would make a lot of sense. Coach Reid prefers the option offense, and given the talent at VMI, this fits them well. The line coach at GA Southern should be well aware of how to properly coach the option and with the new system there, its a good time for him to move.

Reid will have VMI playing good football. It may not reflect in W's this year, but he'll scare some people.

jmuroller
June 9th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Your OL coach, Chris Malone left for JMU this week. Coach Matthews announced it today on his site.

http://coachmatthews.com/corner.php?id=15

GaSouthern
June 9th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Hire Sewak please

blukeys
June 9th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Whining? C'mon chicken-boy, it was just a question...sheesh!

Then learn the reality of I-AA assistant coaches. The changes come fast and furious. There is no more loyalty and everyone jumps at the next best deal. VMI right now is not at the top of the ladder (or even the middle of the ladder) as far as an end destination. You have a quality head coach who will do the job if given the support and time to develop a program. Those are the realities PIG Boy.

vmisport
June 9th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Then learn the reality of I-AA assistant coaches. The changes come fast and furious. There is no more loyalty and everyone jumps at the next best deal. VMI right now is not at the top of the ladder (or even the middle of the ladder) as far as an end destination. You have a quality head coach who will do the job if given the support and time to develop a program. Those are the realities PIG Boy.
yes, that is the reality of military sports in today's world. But, despite these challenges, Coach Reid will do just fine.

blukeys
June 9th, 2006, 05:13 PM
yes, that is the reality of military sports in today's world. But, despite these challenges, Coach Reid will do just fine.

I agree. Reid is a great coach who has been screwed in the past due to lack of support. My hope is that VMI stays with him. In my view Reid will get VMI to a tough top level defense within 3 years. His Richmond and Umass teams were tough as nails and always a war when they took the field.

walliver
June 11th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Then learn the reality of I-AA assistant coaches. The changes come fast and furious. There is no more loyalty and everyone jumps at the next best deal.

That it not necessarily so, most of Wofford's assistants have been stable for a number of years. Most of the current staff is composed of Wofford football graduates. There are a few changes every year, but the core staff has been very steady over the years (although we sometimes debate if a little fresh blood would be helpful.)

Tribe4SF
June 11th, 2006, 02:09 PM
The staff at W&M has been pretty steady as well. Laycock 27 years, Kepa 23, and Solderitch 11 form the nucleus. DC Matt McLeod is in his 7th year, and DL coach Trevor Andrews in his 6th. Steven Jerry and Scott Boone enter their 3rd. S&C coach John Sauer enters his 19th season.