PDA

View Full Version : NDSU D-coordinator Hazelton leaves for USC

DJKyR0
February 12th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Dom Izzo just confirmed it:

http://i.imgur.com/djn8N.png

Big loss for NDSU - this is the guy that instituted the return to the 4-3 that took the team from a complete joke on defense to championship-caliber in just two years. Wow.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 12th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Hm. going from the Champions to the Cheaters. Hard to pass up a BCS team with a lot of money though.

FargoBison
February 12th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Defensive Back coach Chris Klieman will be the new DC at NDSU.

bisonguy
February 12th, 2012, 04:34 PM

Yup. Here's a linky- http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/02/12/hazelton-looks-to-be-usc-bound/

BisonFan02
February 12th, 2012, 04:57 PM

Losing Scottie is huge, but I wouldn't expect a systems change with Klieman at the helm. Teams that have success at the FCS level can expect to lose coordinators (if not head coaches), and the Bison are no exception. Good luck to Scottie down in SoCal.

Drblankstare
February 12th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Too bad, I thought the Bison might make the whole offseason without losing anyone. No such luck.

SeattleGriz
February 12th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Montana was only one season removed from a 7-4 year and we lost both our offensive and defensive coordinators. Get used to being a stepping stone now that you guys have won the National Championship.

Twentysix
February 12th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Montana was only one season removed from a 7-4 year and we lost both our offensive and defensive coordinators. Get used to being a stepping stone now that you guys have won the National Championship.

We have never ever lost a coach before today. Crazy huh?

Bronco
February 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM
-
I would attend his moving yard sale
Probably get a good deal on a snowmobile suit

Gil Dobie
February 13th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Kind of expected to lose him after this season. Now reality hits.

Bison Fan in NW MN
February 13th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Good luck to Scottie.

IMO, the Bison defense will not lose a beat with Klieman as DC.

GO BISON

Bogus Megapardus
February 13th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Wow - it's a big step down. I'd think that NDSU is a more attractive program than USC (unless you're dead set on living out on the left coast).

Cleets
February 13th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Wow - it's a big step down. I'd think that NDSU is a more attractive program than USC (unless you're dead set on living out on the left coast).

Wow..
Um, have you ever been to the USC campus - and to the neighborhood that USC is located
It's 2 miles from Santa Monica (and Venice beach) it's a mile and a half from China Town and 3 miles from Century City

I understand New Jersey (where you live) is wonderful and all that (eye roll) but Um...
USC is a really nice place

Sam_Kats
February 13th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Yeah but who likes perfect weather, hot bikini bodies & beaches?!?! Oh, and it IS still USC.

Hammerhead
February 13th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I hope they are paying him well. A one-bedroom apartment rents for $1,250 in that area. You can rent a new home with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths for that amount in beautiful Fargo. :)

Wow..
Um, have you ever been to the USC campus - and to the neighborhood that USC is located
It's 2 miles from Santa Monica (and Venice beach) it's a mile and a half from China Town and 3 miles from Century City

I understand New Jersey (where you live) is wonderful and all that (eye roll) but Um...

Cleets
February 13th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I hope they are paying him well. A one-bedroom apartment rents for $1,250 in that area. You can rent a new home with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths for that amount in beautiful Fargo. :)

USC is a private university..
They will likely provide him housing for the first year - right there in that little Campus neighborhood where all the Married Student housing is

He took a GREAT JOB
and congratulations for him

frozennorth
February 13th, 2012, 05:40 PM
anyone know what he was getting paid at NDSU? I'm guessing he will be in the 250k range at USC.

Cleets
February 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I just heard he got offered the Defensive Coordinators job at the University of Washington and declined to accept the USC gig..!!!
Hazelton was ON THE big boy RADAR for sure - USC probably just threw more money at him

FargoBison
February 13th, 2012, 06:16 PM
anyone know what he was getting paid at NDSU? I'm guessing he will be in the 250k range at USC.

Yeah I'd guess around $125k...so he definitely got a healthy bump in pay.

BisonHype!
February 14th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I just heard he got offered the Defensive Coordinators job at the University of Washington and declined to accept the USC gig..!!!
Hazelton was ON THE big boy RADAR for sure - USC probably just threw more money at him

I am not suprised that FBS teams were taking a look at him, but I am suprised nobody went after Coach Bohl. I thought there would atleast be an offer from a school that would atleast make him think twice. Maybe there was, I guess I didn't hear about it though.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 14th, 2012, 10:43 AM
USC is a private university..
They will likely provide him housing for the first year - right there in that little Campus neighborhood where all the Married Student housing is

He took a GREAT JOB
and congratulations for him

Of course they will. They provide private housing to a star player's family, they should do it for their coaches.

BisonHype!
February 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Of course they will. They provide private housing to a star player's family, they should do it for their coaches.

Perhaps they will even provide extra cash too. lol. Good move for Scottie, we wish him luck!

Cleets
February 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM
What's fascinating is that Hazelton schemed and shut down 4 completely different offenses in a row (in the playoffs) for all the marbles...

1) James Madison / Balanced Power attack (26-14) Ball control grind it out victory
2) Lehigh / An elite passing QB with a dynamic pro style offense (24-0) Complete Domination
3) Georgia Southern / Favored to win it all with an impossible to figure Triple Option (35-7) Lopsided Blow Out
4) Sam Houston / Considered one of the most unusual and difficult offenses to understand (17-6) Shut them Down

Apparently: That will get you a gig at USC...!!!! (pretty cool story)

NDB
February 14th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I agree completely, Cleets.

The performance of the Bison defense against such diverse effective offenses each week of the playoffs was amazing to watch.

F350KINGRANCH
February 14th, 2012, 01:38 PM
i am surprised he didnt take heagle #20 and beck #52 with him j/k

ursus arctos horribilis
February 14th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I am not suprised that FBS teams were taking a look at him, but I am suprised nobody went after Coach Bohl. I thought there would atleast be an offer from a school that would atleast make him think twice. Maybe there was, I guess I didn't hear about it though.

Coordinators are more marketable to the big boys. HC's willing to move a coordinator spot are also possible but a lot less likely to want to go. Moving from FCS to BCS head coach is a little more rare cuz of the position and all. A slightly longer path of success is required. He does it again he's on a lot of people's radar guaranteed.

Twentysix
February 14th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Coordinators are more marketable to the big boys. HC's willing to move a coordinator spot are also possible but a lot less likely to want to go. Moving from FCS to BCS head coach is a little more rare cuz of the position and all. A slightly longer path of success is required. He does it again he's on a lot of people's radar guaranteed.

Well, good thing ive been building a radar jammer in my basement.

Wouldn't want bohl to be leaving after we pickup FCS title #5 in 4 years.

Professor Chaos
February 14th, 2012, 03:07 PM

Raspberry! There's only one man who would DARE to give me the raspberry!

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4923/jambig.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
February 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM

LB...is that you?xlolx

darell1976
February 14th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Raspberry! There's only one man who would DARE to give me the raspberry!

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4923/jambig.jpg

LONESTAR!!!!

The Eagle's Cliff
April 1st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Wow..

Weirdos on roller skates, open fish market, and the mannequins of TV land? I think I'd stay in Fargo.xlolx

katstrapper
April 1st, 2012, 08:49 AM
with a teams success comes opportunity for coaches.. SHSU pretty much has an all new offensive staff... OC, OL & WR coach.
NDSU has plenty of talent returning on that side of the ball. They will be fine.

LakesBison
April 1st, 2012, 09:55 AM
Agreed Kat. Not too many worried around here, proud of scottie actually!!