PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Stadium to get new surface and lights

Umass74
June 6th, 2006, 06:58 AM
The stadium that started it all will get an upgrade (http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/articles/2006/06/06/harvard_stadium_to_get_lights_new_turf/).

Pard4Life
June 6th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Hmm this sounds familiar over at Fisher Field... ``It was like a monsoon, just pouring rain," recalled director of athletic communications Chuck Sullivan. ``And the field hasn't been the same since."

All the Ivy seems to have artificial surfaces now. Lafayette will get its chance to see the new field this October 14.

Now the bubble, I think that sounds silly. :rotateh:

Ivytalk
June 6th, 2006, 09:06 AM
That's fine with me, but they'll still have those cold, hard concrete bench seats! Ow!

saint0917
June 6th, 2006, 09:22 AM
That's fine with me, but they'll still have those cold, hard concrete bench seats! Ow!

What does it cost to go to Harvard about $40,000 a year? You would think they could afford to put in soft cushion seats for those delicate butts :D I was gonna try to make it to the Harvard Yale game this year, but Umass has a home game that day. DAMN IT. Maybe I'll go to the Harvard Lafayette game, and I'll bring my Umass seat cushion.;)

UNH 40
June 6th, 2006, 09:27 AM
The Horse Shoe would be a great place to watch a night game.

Ivytalk
June 6th, 2006, 10:25 AM
What does it cost to go to Harvard about $40,000 a year? You would think they could afford to put in soft cushion seats for those delicate butts :D I was gonna try to make it to the Harvard Yale game this year, but Umass has a home game that day. DAMN IT. Maybe I'll go to the Harvard Lafayette game, and I'll bring my Umass seat cushion.;)

The seat cushion is indispensable, saint! I remember seeing UMass kill us at The Stadium in '72 when I was a freshman. Harvard's Mark Wheeler scored on an 80-yard (more or less) run on the first play from scrimmage, but after that it was all Minutemen.

saint0917
June 6th, 2006, 11:04 AM
The seat cushion is indispensable, saint! I remember seeing UMass kill us at The Stadium in '72 when I was a freshman. Harvard's Mark Wheeler scored on an 80-yard (more or less) run on the first play from scrimmage, but after that it was all Minutemen.

I'm gonna try to make it to a Harvard game this year, it's only 1 hour and 30 minutes from my house. And if your nice to me I'll even let you take me out to eat after the game. :D

Umass74
June 6th, 2006, 06:45 PM
he seat cushion is indispensable, saint! I remember seeing UMass kill us at The Stadium in '72 when I was a freshman. Harvard's Mark Wheeler scored on an 80-yard (more or less) run on the first play from scrimmage, but after that it was all Minutemen.

I was there too! The '72 UMass team was one of the best ever at UMass. We ended up 9-2. And this will take the sting out of the Harvard loss--- we crushed BC 28-7.:hurray: That should warm the heart of any John Harvard.

ngineer
June 6th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Why couldn't this have happened last year? I had to sit on those poor concrete ledges last year during the Lehigh game. The Stadium is an excellent place to see a game. Great sight lines and pitch. Just be sure to take a cushion....:D

Ivytalk
June 7th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I was there too! The '72 UMass team was one of the best ever at UMass. We ended up 9-2. And this will take the sting out of the Harvard loss--- we crushed BC 28-7.:hurray: That should warm the heart of any John Harvard.

Any team that beats BC is OK with me!:nod: Harvard beat them in ice hockey this past season.

Marcus Garvey
June 7th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Those concrete seats are absolutely wonderful during the Yale game when the temp hovers below 40 F. :rolleyes:

GeauxColonels
June 7th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I'm curious to see this removable "bubble" they mention.