PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian St Moving Tickets at Record Pace

TexasTerror
June 6th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Look at those tickets move! Seems "The Rock" is going to be the place to be this coming season with all those Mountaineer fans jamming the seats each game this coming year!

Season Tickets Selling at Record Pace

by Appalachian Sports Information
June 5, 2006

BOONE, N.C. — With over three months still remaining before the 2006 home opener versus James Madison, Appalachian State University is on pace to sell twice as many football season tickets as it did for the entire 2005 campaign, ASU athletics ticket manager Debbie Reese announced on Monday.

Season ticket sales are already at 125% of last year’s total and nearly 200% of the amount sold at this same time last year. In addition to the enthusiasm created by Appalachian’s first-ever NCAA Division I-AA national championship and record attendance at The Rock last season, sales have also been spiked by a the opportunity for season ticket holders to purchase seats for the Sept. 2 season opener at NC State and priority parking at KBS through the Yosef Club.

http://www.goasu.com/?page=202&article=8067&fromPage=8

GaSouthern
June 6th, 2006, 08:22 AM
I am happy for them, great AD, great players, great coach, great interest and money pouring in!

lucchesicourt
June 6th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Way to go Appy fans!!
Isn't it amazing what a winning program can do?

RabidRabbit
June 6th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Congrats Appy!!! :hurray: :hurray:

Hopefully this will lead App St to upgrade their dino stadium to be better (bathrooms/concessions/capacity) to handle the larger crowds for '08 and beyond@ :smiley_wi Just adding to what's on the Appy board and here on rank the stadiums!

But great news on the tix sales. Most schools here are envious of that success.:bow:

AppGuy04
June 6th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Way to go Appy fans!!
Isn't it amazing what a winning program can do?

They were winning before, top 3 in attendance last year, just not on this level.

AppGuy04
June 6th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Congrats Appy!!! :hurray: :hurray:

Hopefully this will lead App St to upgrade their dino stadium to be better (bathrooms/concessions/capacity) to handle the larger crowds for '08 and beyond@ :smiley_wi Just adding to what's on the Appy board and here on rank the stadiums!

But great news on the tix sales. Most schools here are envious of that success.:bow:

Yeah, save the facilities, its a great place to be on a cold Saturday

GAD
June 6th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Congrats:thumbsup: Hopfully every home will be sold out.

GannonFan
June 6th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know the actual numbers of season tickets we're talking about - all the article had was percentages comparing this year to last year.

henfan
June 6th, 2006, 10:00 AM
GF, I wondered the same thing. An App buddy told me last year's number was near a couple thousand. In that case, ASU had a tremendous walk-up crowd in '05, many of whom were probably responding to the Mountaineers winning ways.

Ideally, it would be great if you could get at least 50% of your capacity from season ticket sales, but, aside from Montana, who does that at this level? By comparison, UD's just below 50%. Season ticket sales=stability.

lucchesicourt
June 6th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I know they have been winning before, My point is, if you aren't winning you will not draw. Appy is a good program and their fans are appreciating them.

GannonFan
June 6th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Last year was an oddity for Appy St - they only had 4 home games, and they had Georgia Southern and Western Carolina at home. They had Chatty and Coastal as the other two. Not a bad home slate, but small and therefore I'm sure that helped with the ticket sales (I think they had a huge jump %-wise over previous years). It'll be curious to see the attendance for a more numerous, but less prestigious home slate this year. JMU should be big (first home game), Elon should actually be big (Homecoming) and Furman will be big (Black Saturday and good opponent) but the Mars Hill, Wofford, and Citadel games aren't great matchups and they have less-special days associated with those games. I wouldn't be shocked to see the average attendance go down a little this year, but last year was such an aberration (schedule-wise) I don't think that would be shocking.

Saint3333
June 6th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Winning is always a big factor, but one that is often overlooked is the changing of AD's and actually marketing the games a little better, improving pre-game atmosphere, etc.

But winning isn't anything new to ASU, we're have one of the top 10 winning percentage in 1-AA.

It will be hard to average over 23K again, but I do believe we'll stay above 20K as I expect the JMU game and homecoming to be 25K+ and at least 22K for the Furman game. For the other games I'd expect to average 17-18K.

BWT there's not too much of a "walk up" crowd as Boone is 1 hour from Hickory and 2 hours from Greensboro and Charlotte. Boone is a town of about 28,000 (15,000 are students).

BigApp
June 6th, 2006, 01:19 PM
In that case, ASU had a tremendous walk-up crowd in '05, many of whom were probably responding to the Mountaineers winning ways.

I would say most were responding to a change in leadership, who actually made patrons feel welcome and appreciated. We were already a winning program:cool:

HiHiYikas
June 6th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Congrats:thumbsup: Hopfully every home will be sold out.
I'm not sure what a sell-out looks like in Boone. Do we have to reach 200% official capacity before we stop selling tickets?