PDA

View Full Version : New Fisher Field Pictures Posted

LeopardFan04
June 5th, 2006, 06:35 PM
New pictures are up of the ongoing renovations at Lafayette's Fisher Field...things seem to be moving along, and according to one of the captions the entire area is being lowered by two feet in the coming weeks...I guess we should see alot of changes soon...:hurray:

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060106aaa.html

TheBisonator
June 5th, 2006, 08:11 PM
I'm kind of confused - Is this just a structural repair, like filling in holes and cracks and such, or is it a completely new concrete structure, like what they did to the upper decks of Wyoming's stadium?? Also, will the seating capacity be expanded?? What will the capacity be when it's finished??

I saw the pics, and it looks really nice. Hopefully it'll be done soon.

LeopardFan04
June 5th, 2006, 08:18 PM
The home side (which is the one still there in the pictures) will just be a structural repair...but metal bleachers and some seatbacks are being added as well...there will also be a new press box...field turf...and a brand new visitor's side (which I think will be of a similar size to the old one which has been demolished)...I believe the old capacity was 13,750 and I assume it should be about that or slightly less...there will also be expanded bathrooms/concessions from the look of the plans...here's a link to some shots of it...it should be done by 9/16 for the home opener and I think the "Varsity House" or whatever they are calling it will be done for 2007...

This gives some details and you can click for some other pictures...

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012406aad.html

TheBisonator
June 5th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the info. It looks like this is a much needed renovation for you guys.

LeopardFan04
June 5th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Although I will miss the damp spot and splinters in my butt from the 80 year old bleachers...and the lights will be a welcome addition as well...

ngineer
June 5th, 2006, 09:14 PM
New pictures are up of the ongoing renovations at Lafayette's Fisher Field...things seem to be moving along, and according to one of the captions the entire area is being lowered by two feet in the coming weeks...I guess we should see alot of changes soon...:hurray:

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060106aaa.html

:confused: I thought Lafayette was planning on elevating their game..:p :D

LeopardFan04
June 5th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I think we tried that one time too many already...:nonono2: ;)

Pards Rule
June 5th, 2006, 10:02 PM
God, how I remember in the early 80s sitting up against press box on warm Sept. & Oct. gamedays and the windows are open and Jack Siedlecki (Russo's OC) is screaming at the players: "he's beating you like a drum, now wake the hell up!!" and kicking the ***** outta that box!! I swear I was waiting for his foot to come through that cheap wood and hit me in the back!

TheBisonator
June 5th, 2006, 10:43 PM
God, how I remember in the early 80s sitting up against press box on warm Sept. & Oct. gamedays and the windows are open and Jack Siedlecki (Russo's OC) is screaming at the players: "he's beating you like a drum, now wake the hell up!!" and kicking the ***** outta that box!! I swear I was waiting for his foot to come through that cheap wood and hit me in the back!

LOL!! THAT my friends... Is football.

LeopardFan04
June 6th, 2006, 12:31 AM
A few years ago against Penn...I think it was family weekend?...Anyway, the Penn coaches are screaming/cursing for the entire first half...lots of f-bombs...My family was sitting next to two older women who were shocked and upset at the language...during halftime one finally leaned over and said to us..."They must've been english majors..." good times...we lost of course...badly I think...

Pard4Life
June 6th, 2006, 08:38 AM
A few years ago against Penn...I think it was family weekend?...Anyway, the Penn coaches are screaming/cursing for the entire first half...lots of f-bombs...My family was sitting next to two older women who were shocked and upset at the language...during halftime one finally leaned over and said to us..."They must've been english majors..." good times...we lost of course...badly I think...

Yeah we lost badly, I think 56-21 or something like that... If you want to hear some language, sit in front of the defensive assitant's box on the right side of the PA box. You can hear the guys calling out the plays and formations, and then yelling at players for not doing their job. This year, Partridge was in the box.. but he has moved on apparently.

Pard94
June 6th, 2006, 09:48 AM
:confused: I thought Lafayette was planning on elevating their game..:p :D

Oh no you didn't just go there? The rebuttals based on recent history are just too many and too obvious. Please smack yourself down when you get the chance ngineer. Thanks.

Pard4Life
June 6th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Although I will miss the damp spot and splinters in my butt from the 80 year old bleachers...and the lights will be a welcome addition as well...

Although I was not much of a fan of the spoof publication "Marooned", I loved their one photo article...

"Fisher Field.. a national reputation for a screw in the ass" xlolx

LeopardFan04
June 6th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Hahaha, right Marooned...I wasn't much of a fan either...but that was a good one...

ngineer
June 6th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Oh no you didn't just go there? The rebuttals based on recent history are just too many and too obvious. Please smack yourself down when you get the chance ngineer. Thanks.

Talk about not having a sense of humor...the statement was based on the comment, by Leopardfan, that the field was being LOWERED TWO FEET. Hence, the PLAY ON WORDS that LC was supposedly 'ELEVATING' their game as evidence by their play over the past TWO YEARS...JEEEEEEEEEEEESH:rolleyes:

Pard94
June 7th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Talk about not having a sense of humor...the statement was based on the comment, by Leopardfan, that the field was being LOWERED TWO FEET. Hence, the PLAY ON WORDS that LC was supposedly 'ELEVATING' their game as evidence by their play over the past TWO YEARS...JEEEEEEEEEEEESH:rolleyes:

umm...yeah, ngineer, I get it. I was kind of joking myself. If you notice I didn't actually smack you down. My sense of humor is such that I don't feel compelled to rely on smiley faces to convey the joke. I guess I forgot my Lehigh audience. How's this....:D :) :smiley_wi :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :cool: :p :bow:

feel better?

Pards Rule
June 7th, 2006, 08:26 AM
With regard to the LC coaches' box, will I be deprived of my continued opportunity to sit near these dens of vulgarity :) and still hear the rants?

Pard4Life
June 7th, 2006, 08:34 AM
With regard to the LC coaches' box, will I be deprived of my continued opportunity to sit near these dens of vulgarity :) and still hear the rants?

I am wondering the same thing. Based on the drawings, I'd say no.

LeopardFan04
June 7th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah, it appears that you'll have to stand at the top of the bleachers maybe to hear it...oh well, I'd say it's a more than even trade with the other upgrades...

Fordham
June 7th, 2006, 02:33 PM
... and somewhere in pardland a wealthy alum is cringing at you ingrates.

LeopardFan04
June 7th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I hope my post wasn't interpreted as such...I'm very grateful that the changes are being made to Fisher...not only will it make for a more enjoyable experience for fans, but I think it could help draw recruits to Lafayette as well.

Fordham
June 7th, 2006, 02:58 PM
tongue in cheek, '04. just found the 'even trade' comment funny.

the only one bitter here is the guy with the one-sided bleachers.

LeopardFan04
June 7th, 2006, 03:51 PM
No problem Fordham...I was trying to be fairly sarcastic with my comment...personally I think I'm most happy that we are (hopefully) getting lights...and everything else is a bonus for me...

Pards Rule
June 8th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Is the stadium going to have to be named after some alum who kicked in the cash or do our givers wish to remain nameless (in this day and age?!?)...I saw the article two days ago in the Wall St. Journal where Louis Capano wanted to give two million dollar gifts to two different private schools BUT the buildings had to be named after the parents (shortened to Capano Center in every day discussions, I'm sure!)..They asked for the cash but NOT the name as his brother was convicted of killing Gov. (now Sen.) Tom Carper's appt. secretary and Louis helped disposed of some of the evidence! A major story in Delaware 10 years ago and now even today!

Pard4Life
June 8th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Is the stadium going to have to be named after some alum who kicked in the cash or do our givers wish to remain nameless (in this day and age?!?)...I saw the article two days ago in the Wall St. Journal where Louis Capano wanted to give two million dollar gifts to two different private schools BUT the buildings had to be named after the parents (shortened to Capano Center in every day discussions, I'm sure!)..They asked for the cash but NOT the name as his brother was convicted of killing Gov. (now Sen.) Tom Carper's appt. secretary and Louis helped disposed of some of the evidence! A major story in Delaware 10 years ago and now even today!

I think it will still be named Fisher Field. But the naming issues seems to creep up when projects are months past completion, so in our case that wuld be the 2007 season. I hope it remains Fisher.

Pard4Life
June 15th, 2006, 08:41 AM
The goleopards.com website has some really great new pictures posted of the field excavation and overall shots of the site.. have a look...

http://goleopards.cstv.com/genrel/061406aaa.html

The field is getting closer to the targeted elevation drop. Once they do that.. I guess it will be grooming... draining appartus.. laying the foundation.. and then field? I don't think laying the field itself takes too long. I pass Montclair St. everyday enroute to work and they are installing FieldTurf.. I'd say it took about 3-4 weeks, including ripping up astroturf.

colgate13
June 15th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Gosh that's exciting!

carney2
June 15th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Gosh that's exciting!

Given the source, might we call this cold sarcasm?

colgate13
June 15th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Given the source, might we call this cold sarcasm?

No, no, no! Should have added a :).

I'm excited for your new field and you're the competition! Very seriously: Exciting! Any kinda of PL progress like this is great for the league. :nod:

Franks Tanks
June 15th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I think it will still be named Fisher Field. But the naming issues seems to creep up when projects are months past completion, so in our case that wuld be the 2007 season. I hope it remains Fisher.

The Fisher Field moniker will remain, but there will probably one of those goofy combinations like Fisher Field at Berger Stadium or something along those lines. I just hope the stands wil be done by september, it only 2 1/2months away.

LeopardFan04
June 19th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Are those bleachers I see going up?

http://www.lafayette.edu/press/construction/index_camera.html

Pard4Life
June 19th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Are those bleachers I see going up?

http://www.lafayette.edu/press/construction/index_camera.html

@#%#!%#!!

Axis Media Control
The AXIS Media Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer. :bang:

Pards Rule
June 19th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I do believe I see it too!

LeopardFan04
June 19th, 2006, 04:54 PM
@#%#!%#!!

Axis Media Control
The AXIS Media Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer. :bang:

That happened to me once...and I had to download something to run it...

as for how it looks now...I just checked it again...and it says "No video!"

booo...