PDA

View Full Version : Wofford endzone error vs. N.Iowa #1 yet on ESPN Worst of the Worst

BisonHype!
February 3rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
I don't think that play is going to stop haunting Wofford fans if that keeps playing on ESPN. Damn funny to watch, and even better with the circus music in the background.:D

darell1976
February 3rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
I think that kid will be scarred for life. Biggest game for Wofford and he has a brain fart.

asumike83
February 3rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
I feel so terrible for that kid. He's a good player but he is never going to live down that one bonehead play.

I-16Bandit
February 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?105173-Wofford-a-7-time-winner-going-on-8...

BisonHype!
February 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM
I like how the Wofford player complains to ref when he gets bumped in the endzone. AND IN THE 4th QTR! WITHIN ONE TOUCHDOWN! Epic. About as bad as Donovan McNabb not knowing you can have a tie game in overtime. Rofl.

BisonHype!
February 3rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Love the announcer saying that you may not see that happen again for another 100 yrs. Something to look forward to Wofford fans. You could always prove him wrong and do it again this year.

darell1976
February 3rd, 2012, 02:20 PM
I like how the Wofford player complains to ref when he gets bumped in the endzone. AND IN THE 4th QTR! WITHIN ONE TOUCHDOWN! Epic. About as bad as Donovan McNabb not knowing you can have a tie game in overtime. Rofl.

I noticed that too. Too funny.

Bogus Megapardus
February 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
I'm ashamed to say that I haven't seen it. Do you guys have a link?

EDIT: Never mind, I just say the other AGS link from I-16Bandit. Kick a guy when he's down, why don't you? xrolleyesx

In any event, isn't that why they call it a "TOUCH-back?" Heads up play by #31 on UNI - but that's almost never called, is it?

I-16Bandit
February 3rd, 2012, 07:03 PM
EDIT: Never mind, I just say the other AGS link from I-16Bandit. Kick a guy when he's down, why don't you? xrolleyesx

No problem... I'm quite use to it. :D

Decided to check and see how Wofford was doing in the poll for Worst of the Worst this week.

After 4,323 total votes, Wofford is barely pulling ahead with 86% vs. 14%. :D Looks like they will 8-peat.

The Eagle's Cliff
February 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
I feel so terrible for that kid. He's a good player but he is never going to live down that one bonehead play.

Don't, he's the same kid who took out our kicker's leg wayyy after the play (15 yards - big deal) and also committed the penalty just before that kickoff that allowed UNI to take 3 off the board and score a TD. He got just what he deserved.

I-16Bandit
February 3rd, 2012, 07:52 PM
Don't, he's the same kid who took out our kicker's leg wayyy after the play (15 yards - big deal) and also committed the penalty just before that kickoff that allowed UNI to take 3 off the board and score a TD. He got just what he deserved.

So in short... Karma is a *****.

MplsBison
February 3rd, 2012, 08:35 PM
I'm ashamed to say that I haven't seen it. Do you guys have a link?

In any event, isn't that why they call it a "TOUCH-back?" Heads up play by #31 on UNI - but that's almost never called, is it?

Ref got it wrong - the kid's intention was painfully obvious: he was not going to run it out.

Should've gave Woff the ball on the 20.

kdinva
February 3rd, 2012, 08:37 PM
Ref got it wrong - the kid's intention was painfully obvious: he was not going to run it out.

Ref got it right, take the knee, the player ASSUMED the ref knew his intentions........

StorminASU
February 4th, 2012, 07:36 AM

Do you do some reff'ing for the Socon sometimes?

Eaglesrus
February 4th, 2012, 09:23 AM
So in short... Karma is a *****.

QFT

MplsBison
February 4th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Do you do some reff'ing for the Socon sometimes?

The EXACT same thing happened to NDSU vs Minnesota in 2006 or 2007. Only difference was our guy dove on the ball instead of their guy.

Technically should've been a safety.

But the Big Ten ref got it right: our guy had no intention of running it out. Touchback.

The ref in the Woff/UNI game screwed up.

eaglewraith
February 4th, 2012, 10:31 AM
The EXACT same thing happened to NDSU vs Minnesota in 2006 or 2007. Only difference was our guy dove on the ball instead of their guy.

Technically should've been a safety.

But the Big Ten ref got it right: our guy had no intention of running it out. Touchback.

The ref in the Woff/UNI game screwed up.

If he had not moved it would have been obvious. As it was he was moving and the ref has no idea his true intentions because he hasn't declared what he's going to do. Yes technically it could have been ruled a touchback. He also could have been trying to fake out the kick team....it's been done before. To make sure it happens you leave NO doubt as to what you're doing, ie KNEEL IN THE DAMN ENDZONE.

MplsBison
February 4th, 2012, 12:41 PM
If he had not moved it would have been obvious. As it was he was moving and the ref has no idea his true intentions because he hasn't declared what he's going to do. Yes technically it could have been ruled a touchback. He also could have been trying to fake out the kick team....it's been done before. To make sure it happens you leave NO doubt as to what you're doing, ie KNEEL IN THE DAMN ENDZONE.

No point in arguing when I know I'm right.

The right thing to do would've been to call it a touchback. UNI still would've been up - no harm, no foul.

Whatever.

darell1976
February 4th, 2012, 01:39 PM

This is the sole reason the ref didn't blow the whistle. Just go on Youtube and you can see teams even pee wee league teams doing trick plays where you wouldn't think its legal but it is. If he had no intention....down it or fair catch it, but other than that they could have tackled him in the end zone and it would have been a legal hit.

eaglewraith
February 4th, 2012, 01:55 PM
No point in arguing when I know I'm right.

The right thing to do would've been to call it a touchback. UNI still would've been up - no harm, no foul.

Whatever.

When you think you're right.

The ref did nothing wrong. The right call is made. Unfortunately this is one of those situations where 2 different calls are the correct call.

It's on #2 for not kneeling it (or running out the back of the endzone) and leaving NO DOUBT as to his intentions.

CID1990
February 6th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Back when I was playing ball, that guy's butt would have been up over his shoulders I would have hit him so hard. My coach would have broken his foot off in my rear end if I didn't.

You play until the whistle. The thundering feet coming at him, coupled with the conspicuous lack of hearing a whistle should have given him a clue to drop to a knee.

clenz
February 6th, 2012, 10:26 AM
So in short... Karma is a *****.Not just the player that got the roughing the kicker on the FG that turned into a TD....He was also the player that earlier in the drive got called for a roughing the passer that turned an 11 yard UNI pass into a 26 yard UNI pass and gave UNI the ball at about the 15

TheRevSFA
February 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Wow...

Cleets
February 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM

huh...? xcrazyx
So now game officials are supposed to "Guess intent" with a live ball in play..?
I believe it says in the RULE BOOK that once the ball is kicked off and moves beyond 10 yards it is a LIVE BALL

What you're suggesting is the same as saying:
The running backs intentions were not to fumble the live ball... go ahead and just put the ball right there and....

I'm going to have to add your post to the list of EPIC FAIL posts of all time...

xlolx xnodx

NDB
February 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM
The Shamen Washington play was different, because there was no effort to advance the ball which he then tossed to the ref.

MplsBison
February 6th, 2012, 01:39 PM
The Shamen Washington play was different, because there was no effort to advance the ball which he then tossed to the ref.

No difference here.

If anything ,the Woff player was walking over to hand it to the ref instead of flicking it at him - then the UNI player bashed it out of his hand.

I know I'm right. I don't care about all the folks who are pretending to be flabbergasted that the Woff player would do this. What a joke

StorminASU
February 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM
No difference here.

If anything ,the Woff player was walking over to hand it to the ref instead of flicking it at him - then the UNI player bashed it out of his hand.

I know I'm right. I don't care about all the folks who are pretending to be flabbergasted that the Woff player would do this. What a joke

http://rechtfertigungsdruck.blogsome.com/wp-admin/images/right.jpg

boonedocks
February 6th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I don't feel sorry for him. That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. It still blows my mind. Ray Finkle is laughing at this dude.

As long as he doesn't: go insane, bust out of shady acres, and kidnap Mike Ayers before a big game, all under the assumed idendity of a missing hiker, then this will continue to be hilarious.

I'm glad I don't go to Wofford and have class with this dude. I would fail them all from pointing at him and laughing out loud. Assuming I could get over being bummed about the loss.

StorminASU
February 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I don't feel sorry for him. That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. It still blows my mind. Ray Finkle is laughing at this dude.

As long as he doesn't: go insane, bust out of shady acres, and kidnap Mike Ayers before a big game, all under the assumed idendity of a missing hiker, then this will continue to be hilarious.

I'm glad I don't go to Wofford and have class with this dude. I would fail them all from pointing at him and laughing out loud. Assuming I could get over being bummed about the loss.

I think the three of them are already over it already so you would be too hypothetically; pain heals quick for the Wofford Football fan trio!

LakesBison
February 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM
funny uni fans didnt rush the field like they did when their 12-8 basketball team beat #12 creighton

PantherRob82
February 6th, 2012, 04:44 PM
funny uni fans didnt rush the field like they did when their 12-8 basketball team beat #12 creighton

You mean our 16-9 team that beat the #12 team, at the buzzer? A team which included our former coach and his son, who is an all American candidate that he poached from us after signing his LOI? xrolleyesx

Twentysix
February 6th, 2012, 06:33 PM
You mean our 16-9 team that beat the #12 team, at the buzzer? A team which included our former coach and his son, who is an all American candidate that he poached from us after signing his LOI? xrolleyesx

Haha, gotta ruin his fun dont you rob.

TheBisonator
February 6th, 2012, 07:48 PM

All I'm gonna say is I can only hope that NDSU has the same type of basketball program year-in and year-out as UNI has.

Skjellyfetti
February 6th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Would have been way better if this happened to a team with an actual fanbase so that we could laugh at them on here. :(

MplsBison
February 6th, 2012, 08:22 PM
All I'm gonna say is I can only hope that NDSU has the same type of basketball program year-in and year-out as UNI has.

Really? I'd rather have Iowa St.

Why settle for a normal school when you can have a land grant?

MSUDuo
February 6th, 2012, 08:33 PM

What's Iowa State ever done in basketball the last 10 years?

Take them out of a BCS conference and they're no different than UNI. Hell, UNI and Drake both beat ISU this year

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

TheBisonator
February 6th, 2012, 10:28 PM

UNI is the best college basketball team in Iowa.

clenz
February 6th, 2012, 10:47 PM
UNI has beaten ISU in basketball 5 of the last 6 years.
UNI has been in the NCAA tournament in 04, 05, 06, 09 & 10 including a Sweet 16 and a won over #1 team in America.
UNI has won 6 (i believe) conference regular/post season titles since 05.
UNI has been ranked multiple different times the past couple seasons.
UNI has won ESPYs and had SI covers and,articles

Iowa State has none if that and are on their 4th or 5th coach since 1998 and 3rd coach of this century.
Iowa State will be in their first post season tourny this year since 2005

I'll give you that Iowa State is the second best program in Iowa over the last decade in that state but that is it. Hell, Drake has been ranked more recently, and they were last ranked in 08

ursus arctos horribilis
February 6th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Guys, MPLS has to TRY to be as absolutely wrong as he is all the time.

You did see his line of reasoning on "intent" earlier in this thread right?

He shows an absolutely stunning level of dullardry that could only be explained by making an honest effort to be funny but falling way, way short of ever finding even a god particle sized shred of humor.

PantherRob82
February 6th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Iowa State has the intent to be a Final Four team.

LakesBison
February 7th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Rushing court/field should only happen for championships. Try and win 1 first kitties

MTfan4life
February 7th, 2012, 01:14 AM
What's Iowa State ever done in basketball the last 10 years?

Take them out of a BCS conference and they're no different than UNI. Hell, UNI and Drake both beat ISU this year

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

MplsBison just worships the FBS/BCS. He loses his load every time he even hears either acronym.

The Eagle's Cliff
February 7th, 2012, 07:53 AM
WTF is basket ball?xdontknowx

MplsBison
February 7th, 2012, 08:37 AM
UNI is the best college basketball team in Iowa.

Yep, no doubt about that.

http://www.stadiumsusa.com/images/thumbs/127734dd8d457ba74be4712d5f82da66bad5ff9e.jpg-590x1000.png

http://archive.inside.iastate.edu/2009/0924/img/bball2.jpg
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics10/800/OO/OOVCDPQJFHNLGBP.20090630184603.jpg

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

PantherRob82
February 7th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Yep, no doubt about that.

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics10/800/OO/OOVCDPQJFHNLGBP.20090630184603.jpg

xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

xlolx What a dumb ****. You could at least find a picture where Hilton wasn't half empty and Iowa State wasn't down by 15. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
February 7th, 2012, 11:24 AM
See what I mean?

MplsBison
February 7th, 2012, 12:14 PM
xlolx What a dumb ****. You could at least find a picture where Hilton wasn't half empty and Iowa State wasn't down by 15. xlolx

That's how it's done folks.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

UNI is never going to be anything more than a teacher's college in the state of Iowa. The mighty land grants have spoken. Thanks

PantherRob82
February 7th, 2012, 12:26 PM
That's how it's done folks.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

UNI is never going to be anything more than a teacher's college in the state of Iowa. The mighty land grants have spoken. Thanks

Yeah, making me laugh makes you a great troll. xrolleyesx

LakesBison
February 7th, 2012, 01:53 PM
uni painting walls since 1956

clenz
February 7th, 2012, 04:37 PM

http://thehotglove.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Ugly.jpg

http://media.lawrence.com/img/blogs/entry_img/2010/Mar/24/Marcus.jpg

http://chronicle.com/img/photos/biz/DSC7128.jpg

MTfan4life
February 8th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Again with the practice facilities...

Professor Chaos
February 8th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Come on man! We talkin about practice?!?!? Practice?!?!?

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/3504/practicealleniverson.jpg

MplsBison
February 9th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Again with the practice facilities...

Those who don't have them dismiss them.

Sounds about right...

bjtheflamesfan
February 9th, 2012, 02:02 PM

Thats why in HS (Im pretty sure), as soon as the ball crosses the goal line on a kickoff, its considered down and its an automatic touchback