PDA

View Full Version : Bob Ford...whatever you do today listen to this clip!!! "Just Keep Battling" A True

M Ruler
February 3rd, 2012, 12:07 PM
http://www.nmnathletics.com/newMediaPlayer/consolewmp.htm?type=vod&clip_file_id=842992&SPID=8009&oemid=15800&ATCLID=205373241&DB_OEM_ID=15800&clip_id=825409&SPSID=70366

ursus arctos horribilis
February 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
It won't let me play it. It says I have an old version of WMP and won't let me DL the new one...probably cuz I'm running XP.

If they let you DL and mp3 I'll give it a listen that way if you know where I can do that?

401ks
February 3rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
xthumbsupx

Bob Ford is a class act. The NEC will miss him when Albany moves on.

danefan
February 3rd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Brings me right back to the point just before I ran out onto the field.....

Wow

Dane96
February 3rd, 2012, 01:03 PM
It's crazy...Albany has been lucky enough to have two living legends Coach at our school: Doc Sauers and Bob Ford.

Bob...finally will be getting what he earned (and Sauers received in the early 90's); A spanking new home...with ground breaking expected by this summer.

Personally, I would love for alumni to erect a statue for him in front of it; much like JoePa...Bob Ford affects(ed) so many people other than his team, coaches and other athletes. Bob Ford had a positive effect on an entire city.

The irony is that Coach Ford would be embarrased by such a statue, or any attempt to name the Field or Stadium after him. That's exactly what makes him so special.

M Ruler
February 3rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
The funny thing is he was giving the same pregame talk and prayer when I was playing during the "covered wagon era"

I mean this when I say it, It won't be the same for me (and I am sure many others)when he finally calls it a career. From the speech he gave yesterday it soulds like he will be around for a good long while.

As far as a bronze stratue out front of the facility I have heard others state the same thing. It can and will be done.

Dane96
February 3rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Hope so...but statues are really expensive. The Great Dane in the RACC is about 1 million from what I was told.