PDA

View Full Version : Does Alabama A&M discriminate?

SoCon48
June 4th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Alabama A&M ..1 white coach, 7 black.

Alabama State.. 2 white, 9 black
Bethune Cookman .. 3 white, 7 black
Cheyney 1 white, 5 black

etc etc etc

SU Jag
June 5th, 2006, 12:05 AM
No: smh :

June 5th, 2006, 12:07 AM
One white coach, 7 black.Sir, read a little about what an HBCU is. Study it, I have. It is a government classification. It is based on the mission of the school. This thread is ridiculous.

WHY IS "I-AA 2006" RAILING AGAINST MINORITY COACHES? IT IS BECAUSE OF DISCRIMINATION? HIS?

3rd Coast Tiger
June 5th, 2006, 12:09 AM
I see the BCA thread ruffled some feathers.

Tribe4SF
June 5th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Some feathers need to be ruffled....or plucked.

SoCon48
June 5th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Sir, read a little about what an HBCU is. Study it, I have. It is a government classification. It is based on the mission of the school. This thread is ridiculous.

WHY IS "I-AA 2006" RAILING AGAINST MINORITY COACHES? IT IS BECAUSE OF DISCRIMINATION? HIS?
Nope. I'm just curious as to why these HBCU's don't hire more white coaches. Could it be that the HBCU's can't find qualified white coaches?
Actually the names of the schools I used came from an HBCU website called Historically Black Colleges.sponsored by African-American Global network. Just chose the first few that had football and a list of their coaches.

SU Jag
June 5th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Not many, but the reason the many students go to HBCUs is because of the chance to see blacks in the power positions at the University, something that is not seen at other schools on a large scale. With the lack of black coaches at non-HBCUs most HBCUs try hard to give black coaches a chance.Remember Kentucky picked a proven looser a few years back over Doug Williama, a proven winner! That was the worse BS that I've ever seen in my life! It has only been 2 years since the first black coach was hired in the SEC. Many black coaches never get the chance to be head coaches at other schools except HBCUs.

June 5th, 2006, 12:39 AM
HBCUS are institutions established prior to 1964 whose principal mission was, and is, the education of black Americans. These institutions must be accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association determined by the Secretary of Education.

Read up on Title III at any .gov page...

If you're trying to say there are less non-black coaches at HBCUs then that there are black coaches at all other schools then that argument doesn't wash. You can't compare HBCUs to other schools in that way.

Jackluv
June 5th, 2006, 12:51 AM
very dumb thread

MACHIAVELLI
June 5th, 2006, 12:54 AM
The answer is yes

They refuse to recruit good players.

June 5th, 2006, 12:55 AM
I've reported it to the Mods. Feel free to do so too (and any other thread by clicking the red X icon on any post).

SoCon48
June 5th, 2006, 12:59 AM
HBCUS are institutions established prior to 1964 whose principal mission was, and is, the education of black Americans. These institutions must be accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association determined by the Secretary of Education.

Read up on Title III at any .gov page...

If you're trying to say there are less non-black coaches at HBCUs then that there are black coaches at all other schools then that argument doesn't wash. You can't compare HBCUs to other schools in that way.

It's a shame white coaches don't know how to coach at HBCU's.

June 5th, 2006, 01:05 AM
It's a shame white coaches don't know how to coach at HBCU's.What part of HBCU do you not understand? Obviously you want to create racial problems. Read up on Title III at any .gov page...

blur2005
June 5th, 2006, 01:11 AM
This thread = :bang: :bang:

SU Jag
June 5th, 2006, 01:14 AM
This thread = :bang: :bang:

:nod: :nod: :nod: True!