PDA

View Full Version : Your 2005 National Champions.......

Pantherpower
May 22nd, 2005, 09:45 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/niwa/graphics/wallpaper/05-niwa-football-640x480.jpg

P2TheB
May 22nd, 2005, 09:46 PM
I love it!!! Go Panthers!

By the way, that's an awesome poster.

Pantherpower
May 22nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
Ah Hell, as you know, Ralph, it's all a crapshoot right now. I'm excited about this year's Panther squad, however. Fairly deep and more importantly talented at all positions w/ the exception of OLB. It also appears this may be one of the fastest Panther team to take the field as well.

On another note, I just found out my sister-in-law is getting married on September 17, the same day as UNI-Iowa. Just about puked up my lasagna. :mad:

Hansel
May 22nd, 2005, 10:00 PM
On another note, I just found out my sister-in-law is getting married on September 17, the same day as UNI-Iowa. Just about puked up my lasagna. :mad:

Time locale??? if your wife is in the wedding maybe you can duck out, watch the game and make it back for dance/reception

blackfordpu
May 22nd, 2005, 10:16 PM
Uh, maybe want to give some reasons?

Nothing wrong with a little blind faith ralph. :) :p :D ;)

Kaduce
May 23rd, 2005, 01:15 AM
That is a sweet poster though.

Tribe4SF
May 23rd, 2005, 09:47 AM
How about:
"... The Panthers' strength should come from the returning experience on the offensive side of the ball, though more development is needed in the receiving corp. UNI returns its top receiver in Justin Surrency and quarterback Eric Sanders. Sanders took over the starting reins as a redshirt freshman in the fifth game last year due to the seasonending injury to senior Tom Petrie. He led UNI to a 6-1 record as the starter and was named the league's Freshman of the Year. The offensive line also is in good shape with three returning starters and several other experienced reserves. Two-time 1,000-yard rusher, Terrance Freeney, returns to the backfield.

There is less experience on the defensive side of the ball, but the Panthers return both starting inside linebackers, both corners, and two starters in the defensive line.

Also back is kicker Brian Wingert, the nation's percentage leader in field goals, and long snapper Kevin Stensrud.

In total, 37-of-58 letterwinners return, including 17 on offense and 20 on defense. UNI has eight offensive starters and six defensive starters back for 2005. ..."
http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=68199

Not to mention their transfers which are a good looking group.

McNeeserocket
May 23rd, 2005, 11:08 AM
Ah Hell, as you know, Ralph, it's all a crapshoot right now. I'm excited about this year's Panther squad, however. Fairly deep and more importantly talented at all positions w/ the exception of OLB. It also appears this may be one of the fastest Panther team to take the field as well.

Depends on how important it is to make your sister happy!!!!!

FightinBluHen51
May 23rd, 2005, 11:11 AM
Sis-in-law. Damn, what is it with all these people that schedule weddings during football season. I'm good enough to get my best friend to have it NOT during football season, why can't yall get other's to do that ;)

blukeys
May 23rd, 2005, 11:16 AM

Sister in law. Could be his wife's sister in which case someone is going to be listening to the game on the radio while pretending to listen to the DJ at the reception. Good to hear from the Rocket again.

FightinBluHen51
May 23rd, 2005, 11:27 AM
Sister in law. Could be his wife's sister in which case someone is going to be listening to the game on the radio while pretending to listen to the DJ at the reception. Good to hear from the Rocket again.

Most definately!!

colgate13
May 23rd, 2005, 12:04 PM
NICE poster.

Pen Guin
May 23rd, 2005, 12:20 PM
I like Freeney ... one thing ... did Carter ever use up all his eligibility? Seems like he has been playing at UNI for 10 years. That man gives us fits, as we just can never stop a quality small back.

Eaglegus2
May 23rd, 2005, 12:24 PM
Concerning a wedding that is on Black Saturday, I was asked what was more important.

After giving myself about 3 seconds to think seriously about it.

THE DAMN GAME was my reply!!!!!!! :D :D :D

See everyone in Boone this year. :) :) :)

2005 National Champion - not anyone from the A-10 ;)

FightinBluHen51
May 23rd, 2005, 02:00 PM
Concerning a wedding that is on Black Saturday, I was asked what was more important.

After giving myself about 3 seconds to think seriously about it.

THE DAMN GAME was my reply!!!!!!! :D :D :D

See everyone in Boone this year. :) :) :)

2005 National Champion - not anyone from the A-10 ;)

HAHA, AMEN brotha, AMEN!!! BTW: Here's to hoping it is someone out of the A-10 *cough, cough*

Grizo406
May 23rd, 2005, 08:32 PM
Nice poster!

dungeonjoe
May 23rd, 2005, 08:52 PM

I have done weddings where folks were listening to games on radios with earpieces DURING THE WEDDING. Thankfully it was no one in the bridal party. Kind of interesting when you hear a muffled "YES" from the back of the church, about the time the couple take the vows...

I had to perform a wedding last year during football season. The week before the wedding I was really not happy because I knew I would miss the game. Of course, it was the Wofford-Georgia Southern game :( ... not so upset that I missed it after the fact.

GSUBass
May 24th, 2005, 03:49 PM
yeah, i'm sure you were happier to be doing that wedding instead of watching THAT game.

I myself enjoyed it quite thoroughly.

Two of my good friends are marrying are getting married during the GSU/ Elon game. At least it's an away game. I told him no way I'd go to a wedding instead of Paulson.

Pantherpower
May 24th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Oh man, I am LMAO!! Great suggestions and responses. Unfortunately, the wedding is in Bethesda, MD. BTW, that was no kidding about the lasagna. I was with my wife and kids over at my mother-in-law's and she says, "So Jim, what do you think about Erin's wedding taking place on September 17?" I thought she was messing with me, but when my wife turned pale, I realized she was serious. My wife had known for almost two weeks and hadn't told me. I don't think she knew how to!! I have a hyatel (sp?) hernia aka acid reflux and the friggin' lasagna got stuck in my throat. Thanks again for the laughs!

Mr. C
May 24th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Talk about your dilemmas with people getting married on football Saturdays. I've got a better one, though. My oldest daughter was born on the Saturday of the Appalachian State-James Madison playoff game on 11/25/95. When we went to the hospital at 7 a.m., I thought I'd be there in plenty of time for the opening kickoff. We finally turned on the radio broadcast in the birthing room and listened to the game. My daughter was born late in the second quarter and I arrived in time for the second half after my wife said she wanted to take a nap (thank you, thank you, thank you).

blueballs
May 25th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Talk about your dilemmas with people getting married on football Saturdays. I've got a better one, though. My oldest daughter was born on the Saturday of the Appalachian State-James Madison playoff game on 11/25/95. When we went to the hospital at 7 a.m., I thought I'd be there in plenty of time for the opening kickoff. We finally turned on the radio broadcast in the birthing room and listened to the game. My daughter was born late in the second quarter and I arrived in time for the second half after my wife said she wanted to take a nap (thank you, thank you, thank you).

Now that's dedication on both ends. :D

igo4uni
May 25th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Oh man, I am LMAO!! Great suggestions and responses. Unfortunately, the wedding is in Bethesda, MD. BTW, that was no kidding about the lasagna. I was with my wife and kids over at my mother-in-law's and she says, "So Jim, what do you think about Erin's wedding taking place on September 17?" I thought she was messing with me, but when my wife turned pale, I realized she was serious. My wife had known for almost two weeks and hadn't told me. I don't think she knew how to!! I have a hyatel (sp?) hernia aka acid reflux and the friggin' lasagna got stuck in my throat. Thanks again for the laughs!

Well, Pantherpower, I will be in Iowa City cheering for the Panthers. I will cheer extra loud for you!!

peace

igo4uni