PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky almost killed me!

BisonHype!
February 1st, 2012, 01:38 PM
Just having some fun for a week up at Bridger Bowl, and Big Sky Snowboarding. Been 5 years, and just getting back into it. Doing great on all the black diamonds up there and my friends talk me into going to the Summit of Lone Peak (11,166')... Needless to say, it was fricken cold up there, and couldn't use my goggles because I had the wrong lens in. Blowing like crap, and my friends that have been there before me got ahead of me. I ended up going down the wrong area (where people are not supposed to be) rocks, and the snow was just like ice. We had this on camera (GoPro's), and my friends are yelling for me to get out of the rocks, but I couldn't. Only one way down....Fell about a 100 + yards downxeekx, couldn't stop and over rocks... so lucky that I didn't catch a rock and flip over otherwise I wouldn't be able to finally stop. Was thanking God for looking over me there!xprayx

Other than that being one of the most frightening moments in my life, the rest of Montana was awesome!xthumbsupx

DJKyR0
February 1st, 2012, 02:09 PM
Big Sky almost killed me!

There's a phrase I didn't expect to hear from a Bison fan after the Montana State game in last year's playoffs... xlolx

Silenoz
February 1st, 2012, 02:21 PM
Just having some fun for a week up at Bridger Bowl, and Big Sky Snowboarding. Been 5 years, and just getting back into it. Doing great on all the black diamonds up there and my friends talk me into going to the Summit of Lone Peak (11,166')... Needless to say, it was fricken cold up there, and couldn't use my goggles because I had the wrong lens in. Blowing like crap, and my friends that have been there before me got ahead of me. I ended up going down the wrong area (where people are not supposed to be) rocks, and the snow was just like ice. We had this on camera (GoPro's), and my friends are yelling for me to get out of the rocks, but I couldn't. Only one way down....Fell about a 100 + yards downxeekx, couldn't stop and over rocks... so lucky that I didn't catch a rock and flip over otherwise I wouldn't be able to finally stop. Was thanking God for looking over me there!xprayx

Other than that being one of the most frightening moments in my life, the rest of Montana was awesome!xthumbsupx

The couloir? I think you have to sign a waiver to do that, because they just assume you'll die. Or do you mean like the opposite direction from where the tram comes from?

Twentysix
February 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM

Post the video or it didn't happen.

BisonHype!
February 1st, 2012, 02:56 PM
The couloir? I think you have to sign a waiver to do that, because they just assume you'll die. Or do you mean like the opposite direction from where the tram comes from?

The opposite side of the tram. You know where Liberty is? I went off to the far right of that. It was dumb, but I didn't know, and had never been up there before. Twentysix... lol... I will see if I can post my video for your pleasure. My friend Derek has it. Dick was laughing once I got down, and finally stopped.

Grizzlies82
February 2nd, 2012, 12:22 AM

I'm driving up there in about a week. Other than almost dying, and the top being icy, how were conditions at Big Sky?
:)

LakesBison
February 2nd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Big sky will never beat the bison.

boonegoon
February 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM

I was a ski instructor there. Moved there when they opened the tram. Very steep, very awesome. I took a spill on one of the bowls and had a slide for life myself. Once I lost my skis, I couldn't stop myself. I bet I slid 200 yards. Glad you made it out alright! Can't wait to get back up there.

EdubAlum
February 3rd, 2012, 03:10 PM
Big sky will never beat the bison.

since SE isn't doing his job. i guess i'll do it for him.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/84775971070949618501.png

BisonHype!
February 3rd, 2012, 03:19 PM
I'm driving up there in about a week. Other than almost dying, and the top being icy, how were conditions at Big Sky?
:)
Conditions were great. The top was only icy where I went cuz I was the tard that went where I wasn't supposed to go.Snow was way better at Big Sky than Bridger. Bridger was good the higher up you went, but the bottom was icy.
X