PDA

View Full Version : Get a major in I-AA from Electronic Arts!

superbrett2000
June 3rd, 2006, 11:15 PM
For those that follow EA Sports NCAA Football, the 2007 edition (XBox and PS2) will have a student athlete mode. Part of the gimick is to choose a collegiate major, and it looks like "I-AA Nicknames" is one of them.

Screen shot here: http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/151/reviews/932195_20060601_screen003.jpg

Heres the article if you want to read it: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/ncaafootball07/news.html?sid=6152199

Looks like we are atleast getting some love from them. Also, in an interview from a few weeks ago, here is what one producers had to say about the game regarding I-AA:

GS: If there's one thing you could add to the NCAA Football series, what would it be and why?

AW: I'd add an IAA dynasty mode option that allows you to play in the actual conferences, and at the end of the season if your team is good enough, compete in the IAA playoffs. As for my reasons, I enjoy watching IAA football, especially when it's playoff time.

The rest of the interview can be seen here: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ncaafootball07/news.html?sid=6151487

blur2005
June 4th, 2006, 02:00 AM
For those that follow EA Sports NCAA Football, the 2007 edition (XBox and PS2) will have a student athlete mode. Part of the gimick is to choose a collegiate major, and it looks like "I-AA Nicknames" is one of them.

Screen shot here: http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/151/reviews/932195_20060601_screen003.jpg

Heres the article if you want to read it: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/ncaafootball07/news.html?sid=6152199

Looks like we are atleast getting some love from them. Also, in an interview from a few weeks ago, here is what one producers had to say about the game regarding I-AA:

GS: If there's one thing you could add to the NCAA Football series, what would it be and why?

AW: I'd add an IAA dynasty mode option that allows you to play in the actual conferences, and at the end of the season if your team is good enough, compete in the IAA playoffs. As for my reasons, I enjoy watching IAA football, especially when it's playoff time.

The rest of the interview can be seen here: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ncaafootball07/news.html?sid=6151487
That is awesome. I've always wanted a I-AA dynasty mode option.

th0m
June 4th, 2006, 09:02 AM
"1AA"

Uh-oh.

TheValleyRaider
June 4th, 2006, 02:42 PM
US History (my actual major) or I-AA Nicknames (one of my finest, or perhaps dorkiest, moments on this board)?

Decisions decisions... :cool:

polyfanman
June 4th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Will there be more this year in the game? and will Cal Poly be in it this year? ... anybody know atleast?

CatFan22
June 4th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Will there be more this year in the game? and will Cal Poly be in it this year? ... anybody know atleast?

I read that IAA teams won't be in the game at all this year.

superbrett2000
June 4th, 2006, 11:08 PM
I read that IAA teams won't be in the game at all this year.

Thats only on the XBox 360 version.

Kinda funny how you pay more for the "next gen" game yet you get fewer features...

I bet the 2008 version will have I-AAs back in. With the PS3 having the ability to do "homebrew" stuff on the console, I have hopes for being able to mod the game with custom stadiums. If EA steps up and allows community game modding on NCAA 08, I will definately put my 3D modeling chops to the challenge of recreating a handful of I-AA stadiums for the game.

slycat
June 4th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Thats only on the XBox 360 version.

Kinda funny how you pay more for the "next gen" game yet you get fewer features...

I bet the 2008 version will have I-AAs back in. With the PS3 having the ability to do "homebrew" stuff on the console, I have hopes for being able to mod the game with custom stadiums. If EA steps up and allows community game modding on NCAA 08, I will definately put my 3D modeling chops to the challenge of recreating a handful of I-AA stadiums for the game.

im sure its because they would have to rebuild so much for the next gen machines. its easy just to polish up the xbox and ps2 versions.

i just hope they put I-AA stadiums in 2008 and a dynasty mode. its good to see that the developers are talking about that though.

JoshUCA
June 5th, 2006, 08:16 AM
I might have to go out and buy 2007 so that I can be a chemistry major all over again...as if I don't get enough of this stuff in graduate school right now!

ncbears
June 5th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Is Northern Colorado going to be added for the game? I know they have all the Big SKy teams, so we should be on it this season.

GaSouthern
June 5th, 2006, 10:25 AM
should be an easy 4.0 :)

GSUhooligan
June 5th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Does anybody know if I-AA's will be on the PSP version??

Frosty The Snowbuff
June 5th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I might have to go out and buy 2007 so that I can be a chemistry major all over again...as if I don't get enough of this stuff in graduate school right now!

Should I expect an explosion on the 10 o'clock news??:D

There...my "joke" for the day. Nothing football to talk about here:mad:

Wait:eek:

We're projected 2nd in the Southland by Lindy's?????????

Did McNeese lose something I don't know about???

Frosty The Snowbuff
June 5th, 2006, 03:33 PM

In all seriousness...

Wish ya luck with ya major.

gr8ness97
June 5th, 2006, 09:51 PM
anybody know if any of the 1-aa independents will be in the game this year? i know they weren't last year (crossing my fingers)

GaSouthern
June 6th, 2006, 09:36 AM
who else is there but SSU???
I am sure they left SSU out though, one of the worst teams in D-I
there are alot of deserving teams not on the game just ask lehigh (sp?)

gr8ness97
June 6th, 2006, 05:35 PM
i can agree with you, but with the xbox360 version not having 1-aa teams on it, i doubt that some teams wont make it...maybe next year if we are in a conference, i can play with wssu lol