PDA

View Full Version : UTC Mocs Get Two Lose Two to Appalachian

Apphole
February 1st, 2012, 08:11 AM
http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/jan/31/utc-mocs-get-two-lose-two-to-appalachian/

This one is just for you Shattown. 2 prized recruits bail on UTC for App State. I guess they want to win.

chattownmocs
February 1st, 2012, 08:16 AM
http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/jan/31/utc-mocs-get-two-lose-two-to-appalachian/

This one is just for you Shattown. 2 prized recruits bail on UTC for App State. I guess they want to win.

I don't know how prized they were. I'll take Keionta Davis over both of them combined.

asumike83
February 1st, 2012, 08:28 AM
Law is really the only one we 'took' from Chattanooga, as he had originally committed there. He is a very nice LB recruit and we'll need him after Grier and Kimbrough graduate this year.

Darian Small was actually a GSU commit that pulled his verbal and changed to App. He did take a visit to UTC but that was after he had already given App a verbal, so I think the writer was over-selling the 'stolen recruit' angle a bit.

In any event, two very good players that I'm excited to have. DT is a serious position of need and Small looks like a beast on tape.

Apphole
February 1st, 2012, 08:31 AM
I don't know how prized they were. I'll take Keionta Davis over both of them combined.

A 2 star LB and an all-state DT aren't prized? Oh yeah I forgot, you're delusional. xlolxxthumbsupx

eaglewraith
February 1st, 2012, 08:50 AM
You can have Small. He was actually a fall back in case someone else fell through ;)

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 1st, 2012, 09:34 AM
Small was a fall back player for GS? My understanding is, once he decommitted from GS, the GS coachings staff made a hard push on Small to reconsider, which he turned them down a second time, doesn't sound like a fall back player to me.

chattownmocs
February 1st, 2012, 09:49 AM
A 2 star LB and an all-state DT aren't prized? Oh yeah I forgot, you're delusional. xlolxxthumbsupx

Not really, not in comparison to a guy who was an SEC caliber prospect before he tore his ACL. Are you still confused about what stars mean for these caliber of prospects. They don't mean much, there are plenty of guys with no statrs that are more sought after than 2 star prospects.

asumike83
February 1st, 2012, 09:55 AM
Regardless of star rating, John Law was a Cincinnati commit with offers from Southern Miss, UAB, Chattanooga and Georgia Southern, along with a few others. He was very sought after and a good catch for any FCS program. He switched his verbal from Cincinnati to Chattanooga because they wanted to redshirt him. Luckily, he was impressed enough by his visit to reconsider and is now officially signed with App.

Apphole
February 1st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Shatttownmocs: Twisting losses into victories since October 2010