PDA

View Full Version : Sirius to Broadcast 10 I-AA Games

TexasTerror
June 3rd, 2006, 06:39 AM
Found this blurb in an article about the MidCon running the GWFC. Anyone know any more about this? Did I miss this sometime earlier this offseason? Ten games on Sirius Radio is very nice. Hope they cover a good cross-section of I-AA. Perhaps picking some games from the I-AA.org GOTW! ;)

---------
Douple said Sirius Radio is broadcasting 10 Division I-AA football games, and he’s confident the Great West will land one of those games.

“We’re hoping to announce that in the next couple of weeks,” Douple said.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=128819&section=Sports

saint0917
June 3rd, 2006, 07:05 AM
Found this blurb in an article about the MidCon running the GWFC. Anyone know any more about this? Did I miss this sometime earlier this offseason? Ten games on Sirius Radio is very nice. Hope they cover a good cross-section of I-AA. Perhaps picking some games from the I-AA.org GOTW! ;)

---------
Douple said Sirius Radio is broadcasting 10 Division I-AA football games, and he’s confident the Great West will land one of those games.

That would be great, I just got Sirius Radio about a month ago.

Umass74
June 3rd, 2006, 07:39 AM
I too, have Sirius Radio. Their sports schedule is here (http://www.sirius.com/wo/sportsweekly/index.html).

Radio is cool without all the commercials.

slostang
June 3rd, 2006, 07:51 AM

---------

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=128819&section=Sports
The have run the GWFC from the start. The relationship got stronger when Douple became commissioner. Douple is the former Southern Utah AD.

Retro
June 3rd, 2006, 12:20 PM
I wonder where he is getting the info that Sirius is broadcasting 10 I-AA games? I've seen nothing from sirius and i wonder if he is referring to the fact that those games are actually I-AA games vs I-A opponents that are already on Sirius as well as XM..
That would be great, but i have XM and they have the ACC, BIG TEN and PAC Ten, so when any of those teams play I-AA, those games have been on XM, like Furman's near upset of Pitt 2 years ago..

DTSpider
June 3rd, 2006, 08:07 PM
Richmond has been on Sirius a few times since we have a contract with them. However, not sure how many other 1AA vs 1AA games were on there last year. Sirius definitely appears much more interested in college sports, but to get broadcast you have to be on a digital feed. Apparently not many 1AA stadiums offer this output.