1 vs. MEAC*
1 vs. FBS

* denotes AQ conference

Dane96
January 27th, 2012, 12:09 PM
That's what you all...stepping it up!

DetroitFlyer
January 27th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I will be looking forward to the Wagner at Florida Atlantic game.... One might think that Wagner has a shot at winning.... I guess at 1-11 last year that Florida Atlantic was not too worried about Wagner being a counter....

Lehigh Football Nation
January 27th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I'm not doubting you, but is the RMU/Dayton game posted anywhere, hopefully with a full RMU or Dayton 2012 schedule? ;)

danefan
January 27th, 2012, 02:28 PM
My take:

Albany – vs. Colgate, at Maine, at Youngstown State (1-2)
Bryant – vs. Maine, at Bucknell (1 TBD) (1-1)
CCSU – at Stony Brook, vs. Lehigh, at New Hampshire (1-2)
Duquesne – at Old Dominion, vs. Dayton, at Valparaiso (2-1)
Monmouth – at Lehigh, vs. Rhode Island, at Cornell (2-1)
Robert Morris – at North Dakota State, vs. Lafayette, at Dayton (2-1)
Sacred Heart - at Colgate, at Dartmouth, (1 TBD) (1-1)
Saint Francis – at James Madison, at Towson, (1 TBD) (0-2)
Wagner – at Florida Atlantic, at Georgetown, vs. Holy Cross (0-3)

That's 10-14 with another 3 games to be scheduled.

NEC needs to lift the scholarship limit ASAP.

aceinthehole
January 27th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I'm not doubting you, but is the RMU/Dayton game posted anywhere, hopefully with a full RMU or Dayton 2012 schedule? ;)

No, it is not posted anywhere - I am just making the assumption that the series is continuing or is extended.

RMU and Dayton have played each other for the past 6 seasons, and it is Dayton's "turn" to host. The teams have played each other 14 out of the last 16 years (they didn't play in 2003 and 2005).

Hopefully, one of the RMU fans here or DaytonFlyer will have something to confirm soon.

Professor Chaos
January 27th, 2012, 03:15 PM
FAU doesn't even get credit for a win towards bowl eligibility if they beat Wagner do they? I guess that shows the kind of confidence they (FAU) have in their team this year.

DetroitFlyer
January 27th, 2012, 03:15 PM
My take:

Albany – vs. Colgate, at Maine, at Youngstown State (1-2)
Bryant – vs. Maine, at Bucknell (1 TBD) (1-1)
CCSU – at Stony Brook, vs. Lehigh, at New Hampshire (1-2)
Duquesne – at Old Dominion, vs. Dayton, at Valparaiso (2-1)
Monmouth – at Lehigh, vs. Rhode Island, at Cornell (2-1)
Robert Morris – at North Dakota State, vs. Lafayette, at Dayton (2-1)
Sacred Heart - at Colgate, at Dartmouth, (1 TBD) (1-1)
Saint Francis – at James Madison, at Towson, (1 TBD) (0-2)
Wagner – at Florida Atlantic, at Georgetown, vs. Holy Cross (0-3)

That's 10-14 with another 3 games to be scheduled.

NEC needs to lift the scholarship limit ASAP.

Dayton will not lose to Duquesne and Robert Morris this year....

DetroitFlyer
January 27th, 2012, 03:17 PM
No, it is not posted anywhere - I am just making the assumption that the series is continuing or is extended.

RMU and Dayton have played each other for the past 6 seasons, and it is Dayton's "turn" to host. The teams have played each other 14 out of the last 16 years (they didn't play in 2003 and 2005).

Hopefully, one of the RMU fans here or DaytonFlyer will have something to confirm soon.

Everyone at Dayton believe that we are playing Robert Morris, but I have not seen anything "official".

danefan
January 27th, 2012, 03:27 PM

Rivalry games.....you never know.

busybee14
January 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM
The Fau/Wagner game has a lil side story.Fau is horrible at recruiting their own backyard.Tons of talent in Palm beach and broward county Fau has been too stupid or reluctant to harvest it.Wagner on the other hand uses the area as a hotbed especially over the last year or 2.They have probably 10-12 players from the local area.4 from one high school alone(2 time state champion jupiter Christian). Rumor has it That school is moving its friday kick off classic game to another day so they can show up in force and cheer for the many active alums starting in the game.Wagner could put more butts in that stadium than they do at a home game,crazy.

busybee14
January 27th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Ace do you have full schedules?

Lehigh Football Nation
January 27th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I have all the known NEC schedule data here:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/conf-scheds-2012/nec-sched

Incidentally, wow, that is a crazy story about FAU! If that's not a cautionary tale about the wonderful riches at FBS, I don't know what is. xrolleyesx

Dane96
January 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I believe the NEC teams use Palm Beach County often and regularly. I know the Danes have definitely mine some studs from their...and I believe the Dukes have in the past.

busybee14
January 28th, 2012, 06:29 AM
LFN thank you,and dane your right on both but i heard Duq was shutting down FL recruiting,why i don't know.I guess when this years class is posted we shall see. SHU also does decent job trolling the sofla area.Not near as aggressive as UA or Wags. Ive noticed a lot of guys wags recruits out of hs in fl sign at "bigger" programs or jc first and then transfer.Alot of new talent in this year and a bunch last year from the area.
Does anyone know when tv schedule is out ? june ?

JSUBison
January 28th, 2012, 11:46 AM
That is an impressive set of OOC games. Shows they are serious about playoffs by not scheduling sub DI's, and will keep getting better as a conference.

downbythebeach
January 28th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I wish Dayton would just join the NEC. Its a bit of a hike, but they are already pretty tough as a non scholly, and with the addition of scholarship players they would be improved immediately. As a private school they would fit in pretty well, and the trips to DU, RMU, and SFU aren't too bad.

DFW HOYA
January 28th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I wish Dayton would just join the NEC. Its a bit of a hike, but they are already pretty tough as a non scholly, and with the addition of scholarship players they would be improved immediately. As a private school they would fit in pretty well, and the trips to DU, RMU, and SFU aren't too bad.

Dayton is too closely invested with the founding of the PFL to walk on the league.

hidalgo
January 28th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Detroit Flyer- Why would Duquesne lose to Dayton this year?? They have beaten dayton the past two years and have the same starting backfield dayton has seen the last two years??????? Did you all get a new QB? because you arent beating us with what you had there last year.

401ks
January 29th, 2012, 05:44 AM
i heard Duq was shutting down FL recruiting, why i don't know.

xcoffeex

Not true.

For example: http://rivals.yahoo.com/papreps/football/recruiting/player-Andre-Johnson-109255;_ylt=AtN9ex9TPkODzjibotesrwbwOrF_

xpeacex

401ks
January 29th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Detroit Flyer- Why would Duquesne lose to Dayton this year?? They have beaten dayton the past two years and have the same starting backfield dayton has seen the last two years??????? Did you all get a new QB? because you arent beating us with what you had there last year.

Do not fret, hidalgo.

When DetroitFlyer said:

He meant that Dayton will only lose to Duquesne. They won't lose to both Duquesne and Robert Morris.

;)

hidalgo
January 29th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I feel better because I think we have moved past Dayton and actually feel positive about playing ODU. Those fresh sophs that are juniors, seniors now are going to use the travel experience against Delaware and believe they will beat ODU not just hope to play well like they did against Delaware.

DetroitFlyer
January 30th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Ah, a little smack talk in the off-season. I truly hope that the Dukes all think they have "passed up" Dayton.... We had one of our worst seasons in a long time, (6-5), and the Dukes were lucky to come away with the "W" last season. Our QB play was not in line with previous seasons,, receivers struggled, and the defense was average at best. We will be improved at receiver and our QB play will be better. Our QB has talent, but as a first year starter he struggled. I fully expect the Duquesne game to be another epic battle so at this point in January 2012, I am predicting a victory for the Flyers!

hidalgo
January 30th, 2012, 01:22 PM
No Offense detroit but playing Dayton was always a great game but now since we have added scholarships the talent level of this particular team and daytons isnt even close. No disrespect but there has been alot invested in our football program........wish dayton would do the same with all the great players in the Dayton cincy metro area. I really dont consider it smack its just we are committed to a scholarship conference and winning and dayton isnt. I think dayton would pass up alot of FCS schools real fast but $ talks and they lose alot of players to football money.

blackbeard
January 30th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Albany – vs. Colgate, at Maine, at Youngstown State
Bryant – vs. Maine, at Bucknell (1 TBD)
CCSU – at Stony Brook, vs. Lehigh, at New Hampshire
Duquesne – at Old Dominion, vs. Dayton, at Valparaiso
Monmouth – at Lehigh, vs. Rhode Island, at Cornell
Robert Morris – at North Dakota State, vs. Lafayette, at Dayton
Sacred Heart - at Colgate, at Dartmouth, (1 TBD)
Saint Francis – at James Madison, at Towson, (1 TBD)
Wagner – at Florida Atlantic, at Georgetown, vs. Holy Cross

9 NEC teams x 3 openings each = 27 non-conference games

2012 NEC vs. Conferences:

8 vs. Patriot*
7 vs. CAA*
3 vs. Pioneer
2 vs. Ivy
2 vs. MVFC*
1 vs. Big South*
1 vs. FBS

3 vs. TBA (1 each for Bryant, SHU, and SFPA)

* denotes AQ conference

SFPA adds Morehead St to your list of OCC games for the NEC

http://sfuathletics.com/news/2012/1/30/FB_0130123526.aspx

aceinthehole
January 30th, 2012, 01:27 PM
NM - you beat me to it!

DetroitFlyer
January 30th, 2012, 02:32 PM
No Offense detroit but playing Dayton was always a great game but now since we have added scholarships the talent level of this particular team and daytons isnt even close. No disrespect but there has been alot invested in our football program........wish dayton would do the same with all the great players in the Dayton cincy metro area. I really dont consider it smack its just we are committed to a scholarship conference and winning and dayton isnt. I think dayton would pass up alot of FCS schools real fast but $ talks and they lose alot of players to football money.

We shall see my friend, we shall see...

DetroitFlyer
January 30th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Tough schedule for my second favorite FCS team. Only four home games. By the way, keep an eye on the MSU QB.

danefan
January 30th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Tough schedule for my second favorite FCS team. Only four home games. By the way, keep an eye on the MSU QB.

Indeed a tough schedule for St. Francis. Two OOC playoff teams that return a good deal.

I still can't believe that St. Francis got JMU to agree to a 2-1 deal. I'm doubtful JMU will ever travel to the Pine Bowl, but at least SFPA will get a payout if the Dukes don't.

busybee14
January 30th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Maybe it was south florida they were not recruiting anymore or i may be completely wrong about all of it.Wont be the first time.sry

Brad82
January 30th, 2012, 07:33 PM
This is good stuff.
When people bemoan Rhody going into the NEC,I can't see how that prohibits from still playing a tough schedule.

aceinthehole
January 30th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Monmouth's is official.

http://www.northeastconference.org/news/2012/1/30/FB_MU_Schedule_12.aspx

danefan
January 30th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Monmouth's is official.

http://www.northeastconference.org/news/2012/1/30/FB_MU_Schedule_12.aspx

Good to see an earlier Albany-MU game. Maybe that'll be an TV game?

Twentysix
January 31st, 2012, 02:14 AM
I am glad RMU is coming back to fargo this year.

It was neat seeing them in the playoffs last year.

dgreco
February 2nd, 2012, 04:27 PM
I haven't heard anything about Bryant's 3rd OOC game, but it looks like the options are limited unless they surprise and play a team we wouldn't expect. Since Bryant normally doesn't travel far or play teams out of its "student base" I think the last OOC game has got to be one of two teams from NY. The only local teams that haven't filled up their schedules are Stony Brook and Marist. I would assume Bryant plays one of them, but if not then it should be a big surprise.

Also, NEC has blocked playing DII teams this year, right?

busybee14
February 2nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
I haven't heard anything about Bryant's 3rd OOC game, but it looks like the options are limited unless they surprise and play a team we wouldn't expect. Since Bryant normally doesn't travel far or play teams out of its "student base" I think the last OOC game has got to be one of two teams from NY. The only local teams that haven't filled up their schedules are Stony Brook and Marist. I would assume Bryant plays one of them, but if not then it should be a big surprise.

So wheres Assumption gonna pick up a ooc win from now?:)

UAalum72
February 2nd, 2012, 05:42 PM

Also, NEC has blocked playing DII teams this year, right?Last I saw, Fordham still has a couple of openings.

Yes, D-II games are out.

Original_RMC
February 2nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
RMU still has not released their official schedule:
9/1 - RMU @ NDSU
9/29 - RMU vs. Lafayette [6pm - Homecoming]
TBD - RMU @ Dayton

FYI - either in 2013 or 2014, RMU takes on YSU.
And RMU continues their home & home series with Morgan State in 2013.

aceinthehole
February 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM

NEC teams are no longer allowed to schedule D-II teams, although Bryant may be exempt until you are eligible for the AQ.
*Edit - Per NEC Policy Manual:

To move to an all-Division I football non-conference schedule by 2010, the first year the NEC will receive automatic qualification to the FCS playoffs. Preexisting contracts to play Division II and III schools will be grandfathered in so long as signed by the date of notice (Oct. 2008). In addition, consideration will be given to Bryant for any difficulties they may face in scheduling non-conference opponents until they are full DI members.

I'm guessing that Sacred Heart's other non-conference game is at Marist because the 2 schools have played each other every year since 2002.

Hopefully Bryant's last game is a good one.

blackbeard
February 2nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
SHU originally had Georgetown scheduled for 2012 but it went away. Playing Colgate and Dartmouth on the road, along with 4 home and 4 away in the NEC so assume we are looking hard for a home game. Fordham has a 9/1 opening like we do, seems like a good fit but they probably don't want to go on the road in week 1 with a new coach.

dgreco
February 4th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Stony Brook is out of the equation for Bryant. It appears the SHU is playing Marist. It looks like a DII or a total surprise for Bryant's last game.

aceinthehole
February 4th, 2012, 09:32 AM
SHU originally had Georgetown scheduled for 2012 but it went away. Playing Colgate and Dartmouth on the road, along with 4 home and 4 away in the NEC so assume we are looking hard for a home game. Fordham has a 9/1 opening like we do, seems like a good fit but they probably don't want to go on the road in week 1 with a new coach.

Fordham tentatively opens at home on Thursday, Aug. 30 vs. D-II Lock Haven.

aceinthehole
February 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Stony Brook is out of the equation for Bryant. It appears the SHU is playing Marist. It looks like a DII or a total surprise for Bryant's last game.

According to a 'redfoxfan' on the PFL message board, Marist is actually playing at Bryant on 9/1 and is not playing SHU this year.

Reliable sources tell me Marist OOC 2012 schedule is as follows:

9/1 @ Bryant University (NEC)
9/8 Bucknell (Patriot)
9/15 @ Columbia University (Ivy)

Anyone else have info on 2012 schedules?

Go Red Foxes ! http://pflfan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1484

dgreco
February 4th, 2012, 12:22 PM
According to a 'redfoxfan' on the PFL message board, Marist is actually playing at Bryant on 9/1 and is not playing SHU this year.

http://pflfan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1484

It would make sense that we finally got that return game.

So Bryant's schedule should be

at: Wagner, Central Connecticut, Bucknell, St. Francis and Monmouth
home: Marist, Maine, Albany, Duquesne, Sacred Heart, and Robert Morris.

3 fairly close games and 2 trips to PA. Hopefully two road games they can win in PA and then a nice home schedule.

dgreco
February 8th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Bryant's three OOC games are confirmed. They are hosting Marist and Maine and playing at Bucknell

Seawolf97
February 8th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Bryant's three OOC games are confirmed. They are hosting Marist and Maine and playing at Bucknell

Nice piece of scheduling. Maine will be a good test for the Bulldogs they are a solid CAA program.

busybee14
February 8th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but fyi former fordham coach Tom Masella and Former rutgers QB Mark Teel are now part of the Wagner staff.I thought this was two good hires.im not sure what Masella will be coaching.

danefan
February 8th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but fyi former fordham coach Tom Masella and Former rutgers QB Mark Teel are now part of the Wagner staff.I thought this was two good hires.im not sure what Masella will be coaching.

Very good hire in Masella. He was in a no-win situation at Fordham but is a good coach.

downbythebeach
February 8th, 2012, 11:46 PM
he did a great job at CCSU, turned the whole program around, then not really sure what was up at Fordham.
certainly a great pick up

blackbeard
February 14th, 2012, 05:41 PM
With the release of Bryant's schedule today I see nothing but cunfusion in trying to figure out the rest of the NEC schedule.

LFN or one of you Albany guys have it figured out?

nwFL Griz
February 14th, 2012, 06:24 PM
With the release of Bryant's schedule today I see nothing but cunfusion in trying to figure out the rest of the NEC schedule.

LFN or one of you Albany guys have it figured out?

My take on it is:

10/20 Albany@Duquesne
10/27 Albany@Sacred Heart
11/10 Albany@Robert Morris

11/3 Robert Morris@Duquesne
11/10 Duquesne@Sacred Heart

9/8 Sacred Heart@Robert Morris

There is a little room to play, since we don't know RMU or SHU's final OOC opponent/date.

UAalum72
February 14th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Possible schedule here (http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/fcs-schedules/2012-fcs-football-schedules/northeast-conference-2012-schedules/) lacking only a possible eleventh game for Sacred Heart

blackbeard
February 14th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Possible schedule here (http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/fcs-schedules/2012-fcs-football-schedules/northeast-conference-2012-schedules/) lacking only a possible eleventh game for Sacred Heart

Makes sense, I had RMU at Dayton on 9/8 so I couldn't make it work. Moving that game to 9/15 makes it all work.

nwFL Griz
February 14th, 2012, 07:33 PM

Yup, that is MY take.

Didn't think anyone had RMU/Dayton on the 8th since Dayton has Duquesne on the 8th.

dgreco
February 14th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Bryant schedule times official

September
Sat 1 Marist 3:00 PM
Sat 8 at Saint Francis (PA) * 12:00 PM
Sat 15 Maine 1:00 PM
Sat 22 Duquesne * Homecoming & Reunion Weekend 1:00 PM
Sat 29 at Wagner * 1:00 PM

October
Sat 6 Albany * 1:00 PM
Sat 13 Robert Morris * Parents & Family Weekend 1:00 PM
Sat 20 at Monmouth * 1:00 PM

November
Sat 3 Sacred Heart * Senior Day 1:00 PM
Sat 10 at Central Connecticut * TBA
Sat 17 at Bucknell 1:00 PM

aceinthehole
March 11th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Sacred Heart at Morgan State is the final NEC non-conference game.

8 vs. Patriot*
7 vs. CAA*
5 vs. Pioneer
2 vs. Ivy
2 vs. MVFC*
1 vs. Big South*
1 vs. MEAC*
1 vs. FBS

* denotes AQ conference

danefan
March 11th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Sacred Heart at Morgan State is the final NEC non-conference game.

8 vs. Patriot*
7 vs. CAA*
5 vs. Pioneer
2 vs. Ivy
2 vs. MVFC*
1 vs. Big South*
1 vs. MEAC*
1 vs. FBS

* denotes AQ conference

Just an FYI, Albany has not officially released our schedule yet.

UAalum72
March 11th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Just an FYI, Albany has not officially released our schedule yet.
Neither have Sacred Heart and Robert Morris; the RMU/Dayton game, while widely rumored, has not been officially confirmed yet.

RichH2
March 12th, 2012, 12:56 PM
If OOC schedule stands pretty good , nice balance.

hebmskebm
March 12th, 2012, 01:15 PM

Agreed. Until (if ever) the NEC ramps up its scholarships to counter status, the "no sub-D1 games" rule is great for helping the league get competitive in the FCS world.

Bogus Megapardus
March 12th, 2012, 05:35 PM

Agreed. Until (if ever) the NEC ramps up its scholarships to counter status, the "no sub-D1 games" rule is great for helping the league get competitive in the FCS world.

The NEC's economically efficient regional model unquestionably enhances northeastern football and maintains the integrity and purpose of its members who wish to offer competitive football to their students and alumni. To me, at least, the NEC's overall OOC schedule accomplishes that goal brilliantly.

As an unabashed Patriot League partisan, undoubtedly I will cast a few good-natured aspersions at our collective NEC foes once the season arrives. But I have to say that the NEC and its members have done a magnificent job of enhancing FCS football and of demonstrating what good management and collective foresight can accomplish.

aceinthehole
March 12th, 2012, 06:17 PM
The NEC's economically efficient regional model unquestionably enhances northeastern football and maintains the integrity and purpose of its members who wish to offer competitive football to their students and alumni. To me, at least, the NEC's overall OOC schedule accomplishes that goal brilliantly.

As an unabashed Patriot League partisan, undoubtedly I will cast a few good-natured aspersions at our collective NEC foes once the season arrives. But I have to say that the NEC and its members have done a magnificent job of enhancing FCS football and of demonstrating what good management and collective foresight can accomplish.

I actually think you nailed that. From what limited insight I have into the league operations, this has been driven collectively by the President and ADs at all the schools. Not to mention, I think we have the hardest working league office in the NCAA. The league, facing financial and institutional barriers, has put the effort in and now it is beginning to show results.

This league has decided to build its own niche in our region - distinct, but complementary of the PL, Ivy, CAA, MEAC. It doesn’t have the academics, budget, enrollment or history of those leagues but it has every intention to compete against them.

Sader87
March 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM
I still don't want to play Wagner....

Dane96
March 12th, 2012, 09:17 PM
BC's schedule is filled.

Want a tissue?

danefan
March 12th, 2012, 09:38 PM

It's going to hurt even more when you lose to Wagner.

Seawolf97
March 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM

We will play a home and away with the Crusaders. Not next year though we have BC to deal with.-LOL

danefan
March 13th, 2012, 09:12 PM
We will play a home and away with the Crusaders. Not next year though we have BC to deal with.-LOL

xlolx