View Full Version : Keeler to Rutgers?

Bill
January 27th, 2012, 10:02 AM
We all know how accurate football scoop can be :) , but it was mentioned by one source that Keeler could be at least an outside candidate.

Any thoughts out here?

Bogus Megapardus
January 27th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I'm surprised that Joe Susan's name hasn't been mentioned.

danefan
January 27th, 2012, 10:14 AM
If Rutgers was smart, they'd hire Pat Flaherty (OLine coach for the Giants).

RU grad and very intertwined with the NJ high school football community - which is key to building Rutgers beyond what Schiano did.

Rutgers was about to get some of the best recruits in the nation this year from NJ because of Schiano's relationship with guys like Greg Toal at Don Bosco. Flaherty would continue that.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 27th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Football Scoop must have read the same tweet that I did. Any name for the head coaching position can't be more than rumor at this point, but it's not implausible to think of Keeler at Rutgers.

Mr. C
January 27th, 2012, 10:52 AM
The Wilmington News-Journal has something on it yesterday that was pretty good. I think Keeler's NJ connections will at least get him an interview for this job.

Ivytalk
January 27th, 2012, 10:55 AM
The Wilmington News-Journal has something on it yesterday that was pretty good. I think Keeler's NJ connections will at least get him an interview for this job.

The Rowan network has broad tentacles...xcoolx

ngineer
January 27th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I would certainly think it a plausible move for Keeler. I hope Dave Cecchini is now 'resigned' to at least one more year on South Mountain....(;-)

DFW HOYA
January 27th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Mike Sherman will get a closer look than Keeler.

blueballs
January 27th, 2012, 02:19 PM
The Rowan network has broad tentacles...xcoolx

Might be time to get my specs checked... at first blush I thought you wrote "The Rowan network has broad testicles...xcoolx"

Lehigh Football Nation
January 27th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Coach Keeler RT: "Much speculation about my departure. My full attention is on finishing off our outstanding recruiting class." Not exactly a denial.

JMUNJ08
January 29th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Coach Keeler RT: "Much speculation about my departure. My full attention is on finishing off our outstanding recruiting class." Not exactly a denial.

Full attention until the $$ signs start flying... Rutgers had a lot going for them so this is a big decision that they have to make in such a short time or they are back to "Rutgers" football

Go...gate
January 29th, 2012, 06:38 PM
As long as it is not Dick Biddle.....

van
January 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Philly media reporting that Temple coach might be a candidate.

Bill
January 29th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Van

NJ media have been reporting that from early on also. I also thought (besides Keeler) that Darrin Rizzi could be in the mix - but FB scoop has "bucket" signing a 2 year extension with the Dolphins...

Is this the start of the Kyle Flood era at Rutgers - who knows?

ngineer
January 29th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Very big decision for Rutgers and must be made quickly with the signing period upon us. This could move the Scarlet Knights back 15 years.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Personally, I have to think it's Al Golden. He can jump ship from that hole in Miami, and he's from the area.

bluehenbillk
January 30th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Mario Cristobal would have to be the front-runner IMO - he's coached at RU as an assistant before as well.

danefan
January 30th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Football scoop

Rutgers: Reports out of New Jersey are that Kyle Flood and Mario Cristobal are the two finalists for the job. We have not confirmed that these are the only two; however it is known that they have interviewed for the job.

If it is Cristobal, I wonder what that will end up meaning for Tim Cramsey (UNH OC that just left to UNH to go to FIU as OC).

Wildcat80
January 30th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Football scoop

If it is Cristobal, I wonder what that will end up meaning for Tim Cramsey (UNH OC that just left to UNH to go to FIU as OC).

Word on the street is he told him he'll go to Rutgers too. Amazing if it happens. There goes the warm weather.......

Wildcat80
January 30th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Flood the OL coach is in the running too....the interim coach.

danefan
January 30th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Word on the street is he told him he'll go to Rutgers too. Amazing if it happens. There goes the warm weather.......

I hope so.

I assume Schiano is going to cut the Rutgers staff and bring them to Tampa Bay so Cristobal will need to fill in.

danefan
January 30th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Looks like its Cristobal

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Rutgers_closing_in_on_Mario_Cristobal_as_next_head _coach.html

Rutgers will likely name Mario Cristobal its new head football coach as early as today, a source close to the situation confirmed.

Dane96
January 30th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Great hire. What he did with FIU was spectacular.

He knows the area; isn't a pompous ***; is a tough dude; disciplinarian; knows the game; and knows how to build a program. His energy will be a bridge b/w he and Schiano.

nwFL Griz
January 30th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Personally, I have to think it's Al Golden. He can jump ship from that hole in Miami, and he's from the area.

Idiotic post. Despite looming NCAA sanctions, Miami is an ideal place to coach, especially if you have aspirations of moving up to the NFL. If you can recruit even decently and are a good coach, it is incredibly easy to win in Miami.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 30th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Despite looming NCAA sanctions...

Stop right there.

nwFL Griz
January 30th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Stop right there.

Why? It didn't stop Butch Davis, who took over under much worse conditions. He used his success at Miami to get a job in the NFL.

A good coach, and I believe Al is one, would not run from the upside that is available at Miami. He would use the local recruiting hotbed to build a winner, and put his stamp on it.

There is zero upside to making the, at best, lateral move that you suggest.

HenZoneNation
January 30th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Looks like Kyle Flood will be the ne coach.

AppMan
January 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM
No way he can win at Rutgers. Since he would actually have to recruit high school players and unable to rely on a bunch of transfers every 2-3 years to be successful.

bluehenbillk
January 31st, 2012, 08:20 AM
Congrats to Kyle Flood - former Delaware OL coach landing a BCS level gig!!