PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern gets 4 Transfers.

Eagle_77
June 2nd, 2006, 02:22 PM
Local papers have confirmed 4 transfers coming to Statesboro. VanGorder in interviews yesterday listed 4 transfers that are currently enrolled at Georgia Southern and says he expects between 4-5 more before the season starts. Coach VanGorder says that he does not want to build the program through transfers and would rather develop players but with the current changes feels that it is necessary for now. Below is a list of the players that are enrolled and another that is expected to be in classes second summer semester.

Travis Clark- Southern Miss
QB 6’0 219 SO

Lamar Lewis- Florida State
RB 5’9 200 JR

Brad William- U of Central Florida
OL 6-5 290 JR

Chris Rogers- UGA (Baseball
QB 6’1 205 FR

Also expected to join the team before summer classes are over.

Michael McIntosh- U of Florida
WR 6’0 191 SO

OL FU
June 2nd, 2006, 03:00 PM
Local papers have confirmed 4 transfers coming to Statesboro. VanGorder in interviews yesterday listed 4 transfers that are currently enrolled at Georgia Southern and says he expects between 4-5 more before the season starts. Coach VanGorder says that he does not want to build the program through transfers and would rather develop players but with the current changes feels that it is necessary for now. Below is a list of the players that are enrolled and another that is expected to be in classes second summer semester.

QB 6’0 219 SO

RB 5’9 200 JR

OL 6-5 290 JR

QB 6’1 205 FR

WR 6’0 191 SO

Don't know much about them, but I assume the QB's fill the roles.

Any OL transfers in the rumor mill?

MR. CHICKEN
June 2nd, 2006, 03:13 PM
WHILE DUH VAN MAN..IS OVERAH HAULIN' DUH OFFENSE.........WHAT 'BOUT DUH VANILLA.....UNI'S?......AN' HELMET?.......SUGGESTIN'....PHILLY STYLE WINGS....ON DUH GOURD GUARD.....GOLD PANTS.......TWINGE O' GOLD SURROUNDIN' DUH #'s.....IFIN' YA'LL KEEP DUH PANTS WHITE.......UH STRIPE...O' BLACK...BLUE.... &....GOLD...WOULD ACCENT DUH HELMET.......AN' YER LINEMEN.....WOULDN'T LOOK LIKE UH WEIGHT-WATCHERS...PITY-PARTY.......:thumbsup:.....BRAWK!

ButlerGSU
June 2nd, 2006, 03:15 PM
A few transfers were in school in time for the Blue/White game. What was that kid from Central Mich who scored?

Baldy
June 2nd, 2006, 05:29 PM
There are a few more..... ;)

BTW, Brandon Jackson is the DB from C. Michigan.

Cocky
June 2nd, 2006, 06:33 PM
The new transfer U

GSU

GaSouthern
June 2nd, 2006, 06:52 PM
The new transfer U

GSU

I cant argue this statement, but next year I assure you will be the last year we will be receiving an influx of transferrs from I-A schools. Then its BVG Recruitment time!

(excuse my spelling)

jstate83
June 2nd, 2006, 07:47 PM

QB 6’0 219 SO

RB 5’9 200 JR

OL 6-5 290 JR

QB 6’1 205 FR

WR 6’0 191 SO

So that's where ole boy landed.:)

catdaddy2402
June 2nd, 2006, 10:59 PM
Mike McIntosh was the #21 ranked WR (4 star) prospect in the 2004 class. He signed with Florida over FSU, Auburn, LSU, and Clemson. Word is he has all the skills....just needs to improve his work ethic.

Socon/elon
June 3rd, 2006, 01:27 AM
Chicken,
I think the Georgia Southern squirrels would lose their cookies if they changed the uniforms.
Elon Pride

nick9c
June 3rd, 2006, 05:06 PM
All I can say is GSU is hurting....appears their projected starter at QB - Chris Griffin will not be playing this fall after not making a 2.0 GPA. How you cannot make a 2.0 at GSU is beyond me. Also, DE Kevin Willis and WR Richard Murphy have been declared ineligible this fall. Two additional GSU players will not be playing this fall if they fail to make the grade in summer school.

It's no wonder Van Gorder is flocking the I-A ranks for players. Some may point to Sewak for letting things get out of hand, but I think it's important to point out that it's the players who are ultimately responsible for making the grade, not the coaches.

Look for a bad GSU team early on next season...maybe they can pull things together by the end of the season.

gsuwinsudont
June 3rd, 2006, 05:12 PM
GSU is far from hurting but keep on hoping purp. We will be better then the "experts" on this board think.

Eaglegus2
June 3rd, 2006, 09:38 PM
All I can say is GSU is hurting....appears their projected starter at QB - Chris Griffin will not be playing this fall after not making a 2.0 GPA. How you cannot make a 2.0 at GSU is beyond me. Also, DE Kevin Willis and WR Richard Murphy have been declared ineligible this fall. Two additional GSU players will not be playing this fall if they fail to make the grade in summer school.

It's no wonder Van Gorder is flocking the I-A ranks for players. Some may point to Sewak for letting things get out of hand, but I think it's important to point out that it's the players who are ultimately responsible for making the grade, not the coaches.

Look for a bad GSU team early on next season...maybe they can pull things together by the end of the season.

He had the required 2.0. He didn't have enough credits.

MR. CHICKEN
June 3rd, 2006, 09:40 PM
GUSSY...WHATTA 'BOUT DUH UNIFORM.....SUGGESTION?.....xlolx...BRAWK!

Eaglegus2
June 3rd, 2006, 09:42 PM

We may be thinking about puting feathers on the helmets.

You know like the indians had. Lots of feathers means he is the chief.

:rotateh: one feather is for the braves.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Eaglegus2
June 3rd, 2006, 09:44 PM

How about pink numbers? That would be different.:D :nod:

SoCon48
June 3rd, 2006, 09:48 PM
All I can say is GSU is hurting....appears their projected starter at QB - Chris Griffin will not be playing this fall after not making a 2.0 GPA. How you cannot make a 2.0 at GSU is beyond me.

:eyebrow: xlolx :nod: :) :D

MR. CHICKEN
June 3rd, 2006, 09:53 PM
GUSSY....FEATHERAHS?..........'MEMBER WHAT DUH NCAA...IS PUNISHIN' DUH TRIBE'S.........FEATHERAH.....LOGO....FO'????????. ......MIGHT WANNA GO WHIFF..PHILLY'S/TCU'S.......HELMET SCHEME........JES' UH IDEAH....AWK!

Baldy
June 3rd, 2006, 09:55 PM

xlolx

I guess you don't know as much as you think. Eg2 is correct, Griffin made the grades, he just doesn't have enough credit hours. He was only the projected starter because Clark wasn't on campus, yet. As for Willis and Murphey, neither were even on the depth chart.

Keep looking for a bad GSU team. Lemme know when you find it. :thumbsup:

June 3rd, 2006, 10:37 PM
GSU is far from hurting but keep on hoping purp. We will be better then the "experts" on this board think.Any Given Saturday Poll Preseason Top 25
13. Georgia Southern

Huh? Better preseason?

PantherMan
June 4th, 2006, 07:37 AM
xlolx

I guess you don't know as much as you think. Eg2 is correct, Griffin made the grades, he just doesn't have enough credit hours. He was only the projected starter because Clark wasn't on campus, yet. As for Willis and Murphey, neither were even on the depth chart.

Keep looking for a bad GSU team. Lemme know when you find it. :thumbsup:

I would have to say that it is almost worse for him to have a 2.0 but need to take less than sufficient credit hours to get there...but that's just me.:twocents: Sounds like the incoming transfers will be filling some voids already in the GSU two deep.

Eaglegus2
June 4th, 2006, 11:44 AM
GUSSY....FEATHERAHS?..........'MEMBER WHAT DUH NCAA...IS PUNISHIN' DUH TRIBE'S.........FEATHERAH.....LOGO....FO'????????. ......MIGHT WANNA GO WHIFF..PHILLY'S/TCU'S.......HELMET SCHEME........JES' UH IDEAH....AWK!

Is Chicken feathers a no-no?:nono:

We have lots of poultry plants in Georgia. Those feathers don't hurt any PC cause unless you want them from organic chickens.: smh :

We will put the feathers on the front of the helmet.xidiotx

It will be a different look.:smiley_wi

Chris Griffin actually had a GPA above 2.00.:nod:

gsuwinsudont
June 4th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Any Given Saturday Poll Preseason Top 25
13. Georgia Southern

Huh? Better preseason?

I was referring to those "experts" on this board like nick that seem to think GSU is some dire straights. You knew that ralph. As for the preseason poll ill go on record as saying that 13 is too high. It was a GSU respect vote pretty much. Those who voted us that high are hedging just in case. Anyways its not where we start but where we finish that concerns me.

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Is Chicken feathers a no-no?:nono:

We have lots of poultry plants in Georgia. Those feathers don't hurt any PC cause unless you want them from organic chickens.: smh :

We will put the feathers on the front of the helmet.xidiotx

It will be a different look.:smiley_wi

Chris Griffin actually had a GPA above 2.00.:nod:

DIFFERENT LOOK?...........WAIT TIL DUH GSU O.....TAKES TA DUH FIELD..AFTERAH DUH 1st KICK-OFF............NOW DAT WILL BE UH DIFFERENT LOOK...:bawling:...AWK!

JES' THINK EAGLE-ETTES...xlolx...NO MO' DROPSIES!

nick9c
June 5th, 2006, 10:08 AM
I was referring to those "experts" on this board like nick that seem to think GSU is some dire straights. You knew that ralph. As for the preseason poll ill go on record as saying that 13 is too high. It was a GSU respect vote pretty much. Those who voted us that high are hedging just in case. Anyways its not where we start but where we finish that concerns me.

Yes, when you lose your starting QB going into summer camp, that definitely hurts. It will take some time for the new QB to pick up the system and I wouldn't expect him to be full speed on the offense until midway through the season. And if you lose two additional players in the summer, as Van Gorder has said might happen, it definitely impacts your depth, especially when you're short schollies as GSU is. All I ever said was that GSU was hurting, not in "dire straights." Just my :twocents: worth.

Laserlips
June 7th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Yes, when you lose your starting QB going into summer camp, that definitely hurts. It will take some time for the new QB to pick up the system and I wouldn't expect him to be full speed on the offense until midway through the season. And if you lose two additional players in the summer, as Van Gorder has said might happen, it definitely impacts your depth, especially when you're short schollies as GSU is. All I ever said was that GSU was hurting, not in "dire straights." Just my :twocents: worth.

nick9c:

The truth is absolutely nobody has a clue as to how good, or bad, our GSU Eagles will be in the upcoming season....

Massive changes have occurred.. Folks who "were" to come to GSU came and went.. Folks who "might" transfer to GSU might or might not do so.. Everything is in flux and until the dust settles in the first football game in September all we can do is guess.. At present we don't have a player named as starting qb.. Same at many, many positions. What we DO have is a considerable amount of talent, we just have to find the right spots to place them in.

I honestly believe that GSU being GSU the football team will be respectable. I don't know if we'll be a top notch team in 2006, but I know we have the "potential" to be pretty good. I think this is obviously a year of transition and everything will have to fall in place for us to be a force in 1AA for others to be concerned about.

I DO NOT think GSU will field a team that will fall on it's face, or embarrass GSU..

Whatever happens I've extremely satisfied with what I "hear" about our new Coach and his staff. Apparently player discipline and player conditioning should be greatly improved. Hopefully our new offense will take some of the worry about playing in moisture of any kind, and I think BVG has the cohones to lead our team, and get the respect of the players while doing so. I've very excited about the season to come.

For the past few seasons GSU had been slowly sliding down the slippery slope of performance skills instead of climbing further up.. We had problems in many areas that simply were not being addressed.

I think BVG will make a one-eighty correction in as many areas as he can as quickly as he can. But in the final analysis the only thing you, or I, can do is wait until the season begins..... We'll find out together. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,

J.Pomeroy

ButlerGSU
June 8th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Great post lips, GSU is heading in a much better direction and I expect to see great things in the future but 2006 could be too early to judge anything.

bryan92
June 8th, 2006, 07:05 AM
I think we will see about five more before its said and done.

ButlerGSU
June 11th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Looks like we're getting another OL from Miss State:

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060610/SPORTS/606100344