PDA

View Full Version : App State to repeat......?

SoCon48
June 2nd, 2006, 11:59 AM
IMOP, it is too much of a stretch to expect ASU to repeat as Nat Champs. Want? Yes. Expect? No.

1. New QB.
2. Two freshmen are 1 & 2 at Def Right End
3. MLB freshman
4. Several All-Americans graduated
5. Luck needed for anyone to make it 4 games in a row vs the nation's best (see JMU, Furm)
6. Richie W has graduated
7. Tremendous strength coach has departed for greener pastures

AppSteeler
June 2nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
7 All-Americans graduated?

Saint3333
June 2nd, 2006, 01:17 PM
IMOP, it is too much of a stretch to expect ASU to repeat as Nat Champs. Want? Yes. Expect? No.

1. New QB.
3. MLB freshman
4. Sev All-Americans graduated
5. Luck needed for anyone to make it 4 games in a row vs the nation's best (see JMU, Furm)

1. He was Mr. Football in SC, led ASU to a win against Texas State in 2004 and a semifinal win in 2005.
2. I believe the linebackers will be stronger to help ease this transition
3. On paper and is practice so far he's the best LB ASU has had since DC.
4. Not true, only 2 I believe. Returning are 5 AAs, and 8 All SoCon
5. Very true
6. this should have been #1, but with 4 out of 5 o-linemen and 1400 yards rusher back that can't hurt.
7. this happens about every 3-4 years we'll find a good replacement.

I am very hopefully for a repeat and ASU is one of five most likely teams to win it this year. Although it's football and it's JUNE so we'll see.

AppIAA
June 2nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
We have 17 returning starters, 5 of which are all americans and 8 are all SoCon.. Granted Richie and Jason Hunter are gone, but two players cant make the team..

June 2nd, 2006, 01:29 PM

1. New QB.
3. MLB freshman
4. Sev All-Americans graduated
7. Tremendous strength coach has departed for greener pasturesLet the sandbagging begin! xlolx :nod:

SoCon48
June 2nd, 2006, 03:19 PM
Let the sandbagging begin! xlolx :nod:

I'm not a JMU clone. You saw what happened to them last year.

SoCon48
June 2nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
4. Not true, only 2 I believe. Returning are 5 AAs, and 8 All SoCon.

I am very hopefully for a repeat and ASU is one of five most likely teams to win it this year. Although it's football and it's JUNE so we'll see.
#4 was supposed to be..several. Actually, 2 graduated, 5 return.

SoCon48
June 2nd, 2006, 03:21 PM
7 All-Americans graduated?

Meant several.

Proud Griz Man
June 2nd, 2006, 03:24 PM

1. New QB.
3. MLB freshman
4. Several All-Americans graduated

Not good enough to repeat, but GOTW three times in 2006?

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

SoCon48
June 2nd, 2006, 03:35 PM

What can I say, people want to see us play and hope we lose.

June 2nd, 2006, 04:27 PM
What can I say, people want to see us play and hope we lose.sandbagger and circling the wagons? xlolx

GaSouthern
June 2nd, 2006, 04:50 PM
I pick appy to at least win the SoCon Hope for GSU to beat them on the head to head and come in second in the SoCon... thats my pediction at least.

asufan87
June 2nd, 2006, 08:55 PM
Last year was a fluke. Elon looks like the only sure win in 06.

slostang
June 3rd, 2006, 12:52 AM
It looks like they have the horses to repeat and I had them #1 on my ballot, but repeating is tough. You become the game of the year for everyone on your schedule and it is hard for players to maintain the same fire and desire that they had when they got the first one.

blukeys
June 3rd, 2006, 01:36 AM

Same number as Furman and GSU who were not the 2005 National Champions!!!xlolx :nod:

Seems the SoCon gets a real benefit from having 3 competitive teams and then other teams that are there to pad the records of the BIG 3!!!! xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod:

crunifan
June 3rd, 2006, 01:40 AM
I want a rematch! December 2006 works for us.

SoCon48
June 3rd, 2006, 04:48 AM
It looks like they have the horses to repeat and I had them #1 on my ballot, but repeating is tough. You become the game of the year for everyone on your schedule and it is hard for players to maintain the same fire and desire that they had when they got the first one.

Well said.

SoCon48
June 3rd, 2006, 04:50 AM
Same number as Furman and GSU who were not the 2005 National Champions!!!xlolx :nod:

Seems the SoCon gets a real benefit from having 3 competitive teams and then other teams that are there to pad the records of the BIG 3!!!! xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod:

Those "pads", WCU, Chatt, and Woff would do damn well in the A-10.
Seems like the padded schedule hasn't hurt the SoCon come play-off time.:hurray: