PDA

View Full Version : Terrance West Heads Up First CSJ All-Freshman Team

Mr. C
January 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM
The College Sports Journal (www.college-sports-journal.com) has announced its first FCS All-Freshman team, with Terrance West of Towson selected as the freshman of the year. CSJ will release its 63-man All-America team (in honor of 62 scholarships at the FCS level) on Thursday.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/82-csj-releases/169-terrance-west-heads-up-first-csj-all-freshman-team

PHILADELPHIA, PA. — Towson running back Terrance West was named on Wednesday as the freshman of the year on the first College Sports Journal All-Freshman Team.

West, who helped orchestrate one of the most impressive turnarounds in Football Championship Subdivision history, heads up a squad of 40 newcomers that made a significant impact in their first year of playing college football.

West had already picked up the first Jerry Rice Award as The Sports Network's freshman of the year and was also honored by College Sporting News as its freshman of the year.

West, a 5-11, 220-pound performer, rushed for 1,294 yards (6.7 average per carry) and 29 touchdowns to spark Towson to a 9-3 record, the Colonial Athletic Association title and the second round of the NCAA Division Football playoffs after the Tigers had finished with a 1-10 record in 2010.

West broke several single-game and single-season records for Towson and the CAA as the Tigers won the first league championship in school history and made their first trip to the FCS playoffs.

andy7171
January 19th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Intersting how West is the FotY but doesn't have a place on the team? Or is listed under the By Conference listing? I know, I'm nit picking. :D

danefan
January 19th, 2012, 11:02 AM
No love for Cole King at WR from Albany?

582 yards and 6 TDs.

Better numbers than a couple selected.

andy7171
January 19th, 2012, 11:20 AM

582 yards and 6 TDs.

Is his nickname "Nat"?

Mr. C
January 19th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Intersting how West is the FotY but doesn't have a place on the team? Or is listed under the By Conference listing? I know, I'm nit picking. :D

He HEADS UP the team. Of course the freshman of the year is ON the team. Read the release. And read again, West is listed with the CAA players in the by conference listing.

darell1976
January 19th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Defensive Back: Daryl Brown, North Dakota, 5-10, 161 xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Mr. C
January 19th, 2012, 01:40 PM

582 yards and 6 TDs.

It was a very good year for freshman receivers. King wasn't ranked in the top 100 in the NCAA statistics for receptions, or receiving yards per game. The others were.

Cleets
January 19th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Is his nickname "Nat"?

Okay, this made me laugh xlolx

andy7171
January 19th, 2012, 02:03 PM
He HEADS UP the team. Of course the freshman of the year is ON the team. Read the release. And read again, West is listed with the CAA players in the by conference listing.

Admit it. You just added him! I read it like 3-4 times.

andy7171
January 19th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Okay, this made me laugh xlolx

I bet he's a merry ole sole.

danefan
January 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
It was a very good year for freshman receivers. King wasn't ranked in the top 100 in the NCAA statistics for receptions, or receiving yards per game. The others were.

Meh.....

Brady Measom
48 receptions for 547 yards and 2 TDs

Cole King
31 receptions for 582 yards and 6 TDs

King's numbers are clearly better. More TDs, YPC and total yards.