PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Extension?

bluehenbillk
January 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I spoke recently to a former neighbor of mine (I used to live in Overland Park, KS in the 90's) that works for the NCAA. He told me that they were already looking into possibly extending the FCS NC game's stay in Frisco past next year, as they were originally given 3 years.

He mentioned they were doing some "soft canvassing" of other potential NC game sites as to interest level and financial commitments but if you remember Frisco blew away Chatty after the last presentations by so much the NCAA, in an almost unheard of step, came out the day after final presentations and announced Frisco as the site. $$$ was the key difference then between the bids and it seems the NCAA seems comfortable with the financial set-up there.

Maybe we'll hear something soon...

NoDak 4 Ever
January 12th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I spoke recently to a former neighbor of mine (I used to live in Overland Park, KS in the 90's) that works for the NCAA. He told me that they were already looking into possibly extending the FCS NC game's stay in Frisco past next year, as they were originally given 3 years.

He mentioned they were doing some "soft canvassing" of other potential NC game sites as to interest level and financial commitments but if you remember Frisco blew away Chatty after the last presentations by so much the NCAA, in an almost unheard of step, came out the day after final presentations and announced Frisco as the site. $$$ was the key difference then between the bids and it seems the NCAA seems comfortable with the financial set-up there.

Maybe we'll hear something soon...

About halfway during my drive I sure wished it was in Chatty, that's for sure! Frisco did a great job.

LakesBison
January 12th, 2012, 10:46 AM
frisco is a great place, loved it, keep it there.

TheRevSFA
January 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I lucked out having the NC 4 hours from my house..but granted I plan on being there every year it is in Frisco regardless of the teams..

darell1976
January 12th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I lucked out having the NC 4 hours from my house..but granted I plan on being there every year it is in Frisco regardless of the teams..

Then I will see you there in January cheering for UND!!!xthumbsupx

LakesBison
January 12th, 2012, 11:22 AM
^ wow this guy is on drugs.

darell1976
January 12th, 2012, 11:34 AM
^ wow this guy is on drugs.

Now Lakes..oops sorry you remind me of someone I know.xlolx

BisonHype!
January 12th, 2012, 11:37 AM

I do have to give you crap on this... Pipedream. Win the Big Sky first.

darell1976
January 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I do have to give you crap on this... Pipedream. Win the Big Sky first.

Its a dream I know but dreams do come true right NDSU fans. Haven't you been wishing for a National Title since 1990. It finally came true.

SteviGriz
January 12th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Would like to see the game moved to Vegas, cheap flights, (from Missoula Mt anyway) and lots to do while you are there. Just My opinion. Crap I would fly there to see the Bison play.

Sly Fox
January 12th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Now that the Dynamo Stadium is up, I wonder if Houston will put in a bid. We certainly are much more of an FCS town than the Metroplex.

TheRevSFA
January 12th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Now that the Dynamo Stadium is up, I wonder if Houston will put in a bid. We certainly are much more of an FCS town than the Metroplex.

..and it is in a really really good spot in terms of getting to/from and such. I bet the SLC picked (stadium formerly known as) Pizza Hut Park due to the SLC headquarters being in Frisco.

Sly Fox
January 12th, 2012, 01:00 PM
The SLC now has a pair of schools in the Houston market with the addition of HBU to Sam and with Lamar, McNeese & SFA not far away. I'll bet they would support such a move. And the SWAC loves Houston. Who knows? Perhaps bringing the championship to middle of SWAC country might encourage them to open their minds to the prospects of playoffs. Than again, we're talking about the SWAC.

The new Dynamo Stadium (which is also home to the SWAC's TSU Tigers) is downtown and is actually easier to get in and out of than Frisco IMHO in regard to airports. And I say this as someone who flies in & out of both Love & DFW frequently.

49RFootballNow
January 12th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Frisco Extension? Is that like a Prince Albert?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM

Crew Stadium wouldn't be terrible :)

Sly Fox
January 12th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah, it would unless it has been moved south of Columbus when I wasn't looking. And I say this as a native Ohioan.

TheRevSFA
January 12th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Crew Stadium wouldn't be terrible :)

Nobody actually ever intends to visit Ohio..it just happens.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 12th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah, it would unless it has been moved south of Columbus when I wasn't looking. And I say this as a native Ohioan.

No, it's still in the ghetto far from the rest of the sports facilities. I was merely talking about the travel, I was 32 hrs in the car to get to Frisco and back.

TheRevSFA
January 12th, 2012, 01:15 PM
No, it's still in the ghetto far from the rest of the sports facilities. I was merely talking about the travel, I was 32 hrs in the car to get to Frisco and back.

SW airlines had a 14 day sale. Will probably have it again next year :D

NoDak 4 Ever
January 12th, 2012, 01:30 PM
SW airlines had a 14 day sale. Will probably have it again next year :D

Oh my yes. for some reason I thought it would be adventurous to drive. Next year I will definitely fly.

Wilson16
January 12th, 2012, 01:35 PM

Wioux??? :)

gokats85
January 12th, 2012, 03:44 PM

If anything, the FCS Championship would not have to compete with the other bowl games that are in the D/FW area around the same time. The Texas Bowl at Reliant Stadium is usually before New Year's Eve. Maybe if the group with the Downtown Houston Chamber of Commerce could put in a bid...

NoDak 4 Ever
January 12th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Doesn't matter where you put it, we will invade and take all your alcohol. :)

BisonBacker
January 12th, 2012, 04:10 PM

Why would you go to the National Championship game NDSU will be playing in to cheer for UND's basketball team playing 1-2 thousand miles away xrolleyesx xlolx

darell1976
January 12th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Why would you go to the National Championship game NDSU wished will be playing in to cheer for UND's basketball team playing 1-2 thousand miles away xrolleyesx xlolx

FIFY

frozennorth
January 12th, 2012, 05:58 PM
fargo should bid :P

darell1976
January 12th, 2012, 07:37 PM
fargo should bid :P

I vote for that!!! I could walk to the title game, and rent out my driveway (for a small fee).:D

HandoEX
January 12th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Frisco was fantastic. Certainly not perfect, but that city and venue both deserved a +++++++

Hammerhead
January 13th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Vegas all but rules out the possibility of a driving road trip for all of the teams except the Big Sky fans. One advantage to Frisco is that we were able to get a non-stop flight to Dallas since my wife had to work the morning before the game.

Twentysix
January 13th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Vegas all but rules out the possibility of a driving road trip for all of the teams except the Big Sky fans. One advantage to Frisco is that we were able to get a non-stop flight to Dallas since my wife had to work the morning before the game.

Vegas is against NCAA bylaws.

darell1976
January 13th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Vegas is against NCAA bylaws.

Everything now days is against NCAA bylaws.

alvinkayak6
January 13th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Frisco just sounds cool, so I vote for an extension. Texas or Florida please.