PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota State University in Three way tie for the Capital one cup

Twentysix
January 12th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Men's Cup Standings

1. Alabama 60 points

1. North Carolina 60 points

1. North Dakota State 60 points

4. Oklahoma State 42 points

4. UCLA 42 points

6. LSU 36 points

6. Sam Houston State 36 points

6. UNC-Charlotte 36 points

9. Georgia Southern 30 points

10. Stanford 26 points

Capital One Financial Corporation (NYSE: COF), an official NCAA Corporate Champion, announced the fall standings for the Capital One Cup, which is awarded to the best men's and women's Division I athletics programs in the country

There is a three-way tie in the men's standings between North Carolina, which won the NCAA national championship in soccer, Alabama, which claimed the Football Bowl Series (FBS) title, and North Dakota State, which won the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) National Championship.

http://www.capitalonecup.com/standings?DB_OEM_ID=2400

Woo woo FCS! Unfortunately it would take a miracle for any of our other (mens) sports to land us points.

Maybe track and field will get us some points. Usually our nationally competitive track stars are women though.

DJKyR0
January 12th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Men's Cup Standings

1. Alabama 60 points

1. North Carolina 60 points

1. North Dakota State 60 points

4. Oklahoma State 42 points

4. UCLA 42 points

6. LSU 36 points

6. Sam Houston State 36 points

6. UNC-Charlotte 36 points

9. Georgia Southern 30 points

10. Stanford 26 points

Capital One Financial Corporation (NYSE: COF), an official NCAA Corporate Champion, announced the fall standings for the Capital One Cup, which is awarded to the best men's and women's Division I athletics programs in the country

There is a three-way tie in the men's standings between North Carolina, which won the NCAA national championship in soccer, Alabama, which claimed the Football Bowl Series (FBS) title, and North Dakota State, which won the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) National Championship.

http://www.capitalonecup.com/standings?DB_OEM_ID=2400

Woo woo FCS! Unfortunately it would take a miracle for any of our other (mens) sports to land us points.

Maybe track and field will get us some points. Usually our nationally competitive track stars are women though.

Conference championships get some credit in these too, so Track and Field, basketball, and wrestling have the most realistic shots at getting that particular cred. Heck, maybe baseball will surprise us and make some magic. I'm pretty eager to see where NDSU can end up.

TheBisonator
January 12th, 2012, 03:46 AM
I hope that not all 60 points are attributed to the FCS title.

Volleyball made the NCAAs again as usual and received their annual first round butt-kicking by the hands of the Gopher Amazonians, soccer failed to win the conference, but I wonder if we got anything for the XC teams...

MplsBison
January 12th, 2012, 06:18 AM

Volleyball made the NCAAs again as usual and received their annual first round butt-kicking by the hands of the Gopher Amazonians, soccer failed to win the conference, but I wonder if we got anything for the XC teams...

The talent gap between the elite women's volleyball teams and the rest is pretty large.

MTfan4life
January 12th, 2012, 08:13 AM

A school gets 60 points for winning one of the major sports. The 60 is from football. Each school needs to finish in the TOP 10 in a given sport to garner any points. Also, there's one competition for the women and one for the men.

darell1976
January 12th, 2012, 08:27 AM
We may have a shot at the winter sports category!!

Go Bison
January 12th, 2012, 08:50 AM
We may have a shot at the winter sports category!!

We? This thread is about North Dakota State. Unless you are a Bison fan now, if that is the case welcome aboard!

Sam_Kats
January 12th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Good stuff for FCS

TheRevSFA
January 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Good stuff for FCS

It's a shame your basketball team is down this year...

darell1976
January 12th, 2012, 10:25 AM
We? This thread is about North Dakota State. Unless you are a Bison fan now, if that is the case welcome aboard!

Sorry about that Bison Fan.

Sam_Kats
January 12th, 2012, 10:29 AM
It's a shame your basketball team is down this year...

Yeah - we miss Marlin.

darell1976
January 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah - we miss Marlin.

Remember this thread is about NDSU ONLY!!!!!!!!! No talking about other teams besides NDSU.

Go Bison
January 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Remember this thread is about NDSU ONLY!!!!!!!!! No talking about other teams besides NDSU.

That is not the case. You used the term "we" when commenting on this thread which would infer that you are talking about NDSU when you were not. You could have just said UND and that would have been just fine. I guess it is a pet peeve of mine when people use the term "we".

darell1976
January 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM
That is not the case. You used the term "we" when commenting on this thread which would infer that you are talking about NDSU when you were not. You could have just said UND and that would have been just fine. I guess it is a pet peeve of mine when people use the term "we".

We refrers to more than one person. There is not A person on UND's teams there are many people on UND's teams. I didn't think this was grammar class.

BisonHype!
January 12th, 2012, 10:41 AM
It's nice to atleast be in the hunt. North Carolina has a good shot in Basketball, so I am not sure where NDSU will catch up.

LakesBison
January 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Darrel. you are a complete loser its hilarious to come onto this site everyday and try and see where you interject your crap-team's into a thread/conversation not about them.

back to the thread, ndsu is an overall d1 powerhouse. Basketball has a legit shot at ncaa tourney again, football won fcs title, volleyball & soccer got to ncaa tourney. Wrestling should have 1-2 all americans, track for sure will have runners at nationals and amy anderson (golf) should win it. Softball will be back in national tourney as well. W O W !

BisonHype!
January 12th, 2012, 10:45 AM
darrell1976....I am not taking a shot at you at all. I am just wondering where are all the Sioux Fans on this site?!?! I think you need to hold a Sioux Recruiting Day, so you have some back up when you get dogpiled. It is fun to poke fun at each other, but not as much when its just one guy. That being said, I am pulling for the Sioux Hockey team to sweep the Gophers at the Ralph this week. Not going to root for the Sioux vs. THE Bison, but I do like to see you do well and represent the state.

LakesBison
January 12th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Go Gophers, like 90% of bison fans will cheer for.

darell1976
January 12th, 2012, 10:56 AM
darrell1976....I am not taking a shot at you at all. I am just wondering where are all the Sioux Fans on this site?!?! I think you need to hold a Sioux Recruiting Day, so you have some back up when you get dogpiled. It is fun to poke fun at each other, but not as much when its just one guy. That being said, I am pulling for the Sioux Hockey team to sweep the Gophers at the Ralph this week. Not going to root for the Sioux vs. THE Bison, but I do like to see you do well and represent the state.

There are UND fans that go to this site some just don't want to post because most likely it ends up a UND/Bison pissing match. I am just the more vocal UND fans. I am sure you can go to siouxsports.com and see the NDSU invasion over there and most threads are now a UND/Bison pissing match on a UND site. I thought this thread was more about what NDSU was fighting for which is the Capital One Cup which has winter sports so thats why I said I think UND has a shot at that sport (remember we aren't eligible for anything else not until fall of 2012). As for NDSU they get the top dog for fall sports with football and they could add to their total (not a full 60 but some points) for winter sports in basketball volleyball and wrestling. I wish them luck.

darell1976
January 12th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Go Gophers, like 90% of bison fans will cheer for.

The other 10% Bison fans will be in the REA with Sioux jerseys on.:D

BisonHype!
January 12th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Nothing wrong with pulling for the Sioux when NDSU doesn't even have a Hockey Program that competes against the Sioux. Have a little state pride! If the Sioux were an awful College Program as a whole, would people care to even post crap on the forums like this? Plus that is what makes the rivalry good, they are two programs that are both successful, and who wants to see two crappy teams play. IMO, NDSU has better overall programs right now, and I would like it to stay that way, but it is more fun to beat a good Sioux team, then a crappy Sioux team.

TheRevSFA
January 12th, 2012, 11:28 AM
North Dakota State in a three way..heh..heh heh..heh heh...

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/image/images/small-bnb.gif

WH49er
January 12th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Nice to see my 49ers on the list. Hopefully Baseball and Golf have their usually strong seasons and we can add to that total.

GO NINERS!!!