PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Predictions for the Fall

colgate13
May 31st, 2006, 02:31 PM
Let's hear them! I don't care if it is from your conference or not. I've got two:

- Georgetown has their first winning record since 1999 and goes .500 in PL play.

- Towson wins the A-10 South and grabs an at-large playoff bid.

89Hen
May 31st, 2006, 02:32 PM
Western Carolina shares the SoCon title.

Pards Rule
May 31st, 2006, 02:32 PM
The 'Pards beat any Ivy!!

OL FU
May 31st, 2006, 02:33 PM

You beat me to it, but I wasn't going to go that far.

WCU gets at large bid and makes the playoffs for the first time in 23(?) years.

OL FU
May 31st, 2006, 02:34 PM
Furman wins in Boone:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Go Lehigh TU owl
May 31st, 2006, 03:03 PM
Let's hear them! I don't care if it is from your conference or not. I've got two:

- Georgetown has their first winning record since 1999 and goes .500 in PL play.

I kinda agree with you. If GTown is going to post a .500 record in the league this would seem like the year. Fordham, Bucknell and Holy Cross seem to be headed for a down year and if Gtown can improve a little bit over last year on offense they might have a chance. I still don't see them being able to beat Colgate, Lehigh or Lafayette.

Towson showed some things last year and if they can use that as experience for this year they could be the token suprise team out of the A-10. The south to me seems like the division with the most question marks.

AppGuy04
May 31st, 2006, 03:11 PM
Georgia Southern struggles to go .500

89Hen
May 31st, 2006, 03:23 PM
Am I allowed two?...

Delaware has to go on the road in the first round of the playoffs. :eek: :p ;)

Lehigh Football Nation
May 31st, 2006, 03:24 PM
UMass wins the A-10 Autobid, and gets the #1 seed.

WCUFLALUM
May 31st, 2006, 03:25 PM
Wow!! I wouldn't go that far but, I would love it! I just wanna make the playoffs!!

Frosty The Snowbuff
May 31st, 2006, 03:25 PM
Am I allowed two?...

Delaware has to go on the road in the first round of the playoffs. :eek: :p ;)

Nah....

DUPFLFan
May 31st, 2006, 03:37 PM
As long as we are all sharing the crack pipe...

Drake beats Northern Iowa, goes undefeated and gets a bid to the playoffs which they turn down for the Gridiron Classic :eek:

Wait - I just woke up...xidiotx

RabidRabbit
May 31st, 2006, 03:48 PM
:eek: Cal-Poly hosts play-off games while co-champing with NDSU :eyebrow:

Pard4Life
May 31st, 2006, 03:52 PM
Lafayette beats Colgate and Harvard, Yale.

WCU LawCat
May 31st, 2006, 04:00 PM
Wofford will win a number of close games and be close to getting into the playoffs, but will get snubbed again.

Furman and App both will struggle early to be consistant on offense, but will come through in the end.

The Citadel will give every team that they play a fit...and beat at least one SoCon team that will make the playoffs.

I think that no matter what happens for GSU, it will be a surprise.

Elon will again play tough against Coastal...and beat them. They will be the talk of I-AA...then come crashing back down to earth by winning no more than 4 games.

Fans for UTC will be wondering if they need another new coach at the end of the season.

WCU fans will be doing the same thing as UTC fans...IF...Briggs goes less than 7-4.

chattanoogamocs
May 31st, 2006, 04:39 PM
Fans for UTC will be wondering if they need another new coach at the end of the season.

Have to disagree with that one...no one here even has Allison on the hot seat, much less the firing line (he just got an extension). The vast majority of fans realize that he completely dismantled the team when he arrived and that this was not a short term project. He is slowly building his base every year

Of the 23 recruits last season, half were freshman, half were JUCO or IA transfers...the transfers played in roles of immediate need (and helped produce the 1st winning season in 7 years)...but more importantly, instead of throwing a bunch of freshman to the wolves like in previous seasons, they were able to redshirt 10 of the 11.

...and honestly, with only 4 home games and a very tough sked, most are pretty understanding if this season does not progess in the win total over last year (6-5)...though most fans this season are expecting to see improvement in the competitiveness aspect (meaning, not getting blown out by GSU or Furman)

The mantra on the mocfans football board since Rodney got here is..."Rebuilding A Tradition Does Not Happen Overnight!"

Lehigh Football Nation
May 31st, 2006, 06:25 PM
Lafayette beats Colgate and Harvard, Yale.

But not Lehigh?

:nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod:

LeopardFan04
May 31st, 2006, 07:10 PM
But not Lehigh?

:nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod:

I think that goes without saying...;) :D

colgate13
May 31st, 2006, 07:13 PM
Montana misses the.... exit when trying to exit for Chattanooga and has to turn around!

(you didn't think I'd predict they miss the playoffs, now would you?) ;)

Keep 'em coming guys!

DaGriz
May 31st, 2006, 07:33 PM
Montana misses the.... exit when trying to exit for Chattanooga and has to turn around!

(you didn't think I'd predict they miss the playoffs, now would you?) ;)

Keep 'em coming guys!

That was funny Colgate, didn't know you had it in you. :smiley_wi

I think Weber St. is going to compete for the Big Sky championship this year. I think their coach is turning around that program.

Gil Dobie
May 31st, 2006, 08:14 PM
NDSU surprises the Minnesota Gophers :cool: :eek: :nod:

skinny_uncle
May 31st, 2006, 08:36 PM
Indiana State wins a game.
:D

carney2
May 31st, 2006, 08:43 PM
The 'Pards beat any Ivy!!

These are predictions, not hallucinations.

GoGuins
May 31st, 2006, 08:43 PM
YSU thrashes UNI at the Ice Castle 41-7 & rolls through the playoffs enroute to their 5th I-AA title

That's for you Capn';)

MR. CHICKEN
May 31st, 2006, 08:52 PM
Nah....

AGREED...................: smh :.......AWK!

Go...gate
May 31st, 2006, 09:11 PM
UNH over Northwestern.....

Baldy
May 31st, 2006, 09:38 PM
GSU beats Furman and App.

MR. CHICKEN
May 31st, 2006, 09:39 PM
NDSU surprises the Minnesota Gophers :cool: :eek: :nod:

BY PUTTIN' UP 3 POINTS.....LATE IN FOURTH Q....AGIN' GOPHER...3rd TEAM.......xlolx.....BRAWK!

TheValleyRaider
May 31st, 2006, 10:19 PM
But not Lehigh?

Remember, these are surprises :p

DuckDuckGriz
May 31st, 2006, 11:20 PM
Montana State upsets Colorado :(

blukeys
May 31st, 2006, 11:26 PM
Montana misses the playoffs!!! Real parity appears in the Big Sky!;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes:

Bobby Lamb has no complaints about seeding, home games, officiating, slipping and falling etc.!!!!:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;)

Mickey Matthews has no complaints ABOUT ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;)

JMU holds Omar Cuff to Zero total yards!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

GSU fans refuse to mention that they have 6 National championships after missing the playoffs!!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Lehigh fans say it's a good season at 9-2 despite losing to LC!:nod: :nod: :nod: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

SWAC fans say "we would get some respect if we went to the playoffs and gave up the Thanksgiving Pay Days" xlolx xlolx

NEC fans and administrators say. " You know if we are really good enough the NCAA committee will pick us as an at large team just as Cal Poly got picked in 2005. "

Youngstown turns down playoff bid to play in the Motor City Bowl. Coach sez, "We just want to get a feel for what MAC teams do"!xlolx xlolx

Delaware fans are totally impressed and won over by their Quarterback. No one complains about either the QB play or the play calling. All 23,000 plus fans support the head coach every week with no complaints and no audible comments about what should be done.

NDSU does not get invited to the playoffs, I guarantee this!!!!!!

crunifan
May 31st, 2006, 11:30 PM
I'm dreaming for UNI to finally win the I-AA National Championship.

OL FU
June 1st, 2006, 08:18 AM
GSU beats Furman and App.

And loses to Western, CCU and Chatt. :cool:

OL FU
June 1st, 2006, 08:20 AM
Montana misses the playoffs!!! Real parity appears in the Big Sky!;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes:

Bobby Lamb has no complaints about seeding, home games, officiating, slipping and falling etc.!!!!:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;)

Mickey Matthews has no complaints ABOUT ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;)

GSU fans refuse to mention that they have 6 National championships after missing the playoffs!!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Lehigh fans say it's a good season at 9-2 despite losing to LC!:nod: :nod: :nod: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

SWAC fans say "we would get some respect if we went to the playoffs and gave up the Thanksgiving Pay Days" xlolx xlolx

NEC fans and administrators say. " You know if we are really good enough the NCAA committee will pick us as an at large team just as Cal Poly got picked in 2005. "

Youngstown turns down playoff bid to play in the Motor City Bowl. Coach sez, "We just want to get a feel for what MAC teams do"!xlolx xlolx

Delaware fans are totally impressed and won over by their Quarterback. No one complains about either the QB play or the play calling. All 23,000 plus fans support the head coach every week with no complaints and no audible comments about what should be done.

Cool , in that case Furman is the number one seed, wins the national championship while going undefeated ( naw, for that to happen we would not only have to be undefeated we would win every game by at least 7 touchdowns:nod: )

OL FU
June 1st, 2006, 08:49 AM

Funny as alwaysxlolx

ASU will not win the I-AA championship but their fans will refuse to diss the SoCon and will not blame the conference and I-AA for their return to lack of success. :rolleyes: :D

Coastal Carolina will beg the SoCon not to invite them to the conference after playing Wofford, GaSU and the mighty Paladins:eyebrow:

Pard4Life
June 1st, 2006, 09:03 AM
But not Lehigh?

That's run of the mill now... we are referring to the extraordinary here

GreatAppSt
June 1st, 2006, 12:09 PM
ASU beats GSU in Statesboro for the first time since 1996,:eek: and loses to Furman in Boone for the first time since 1996:eek: .

WMTribe90
June 1st, 2006, 01:54 PM
Montana State over CU in Boulder.

Maroons
June 1st, 2006, 02:01 PM
The Ohio Valley Conference wins a playoff game. :smiley_wi

Murray State goes entire season without a player being charged with a felony or misdemeanor.

Pard94
June 1st, 2006, 02:10 PM
But not Lehigh?

That goes without saying.

GeauxColonels
June 1st, 2006, 02:18 PM
Nicholls State makes a repeat trip to the playoffs, this time hosting Furman University in a rematch of last year's first round contest. The Colonels squeak out a 2 point win for "sweet revenge" and are promptly throttled by Montana in Missoula the week after to the tune of 49-3 in a blizzard (much like the Colonels' last visit there).

X-Factor
June 1st, 2006, 02:51 PM

Hehehehe, the rest of I-AA only has 2 more seasons including this fall to wait untill it happens. :nod:

MR. CHICKEN
June 1st, 2006, 03:00 PM
TOWSON......KNOCKS OFF.....DUH "PRIDE"..ON DUH ROAD...IN WEEK FOUR....(AN' HERE IN LIES DUH SURPRISE)......TA GO 4-0.....YER NEXT BLACKBEARS......:thumbsup:....AWK!

Frosty The Snowbuff
June 1st, 2006, 03:58 PM

You better hope CU falls dead. Otherwise...no chance in _____.

And that's a Buff's guarantee.

igo4uni
June 1st, 2006, 04:07 PM
As long as we are all sharing the crack pipe...

Drake beats Northern Iowa, goes undefeated and gets a bid to the playoffs which they turn down for the Gridiron Classic :eek:

Wait - I just woke up...xidiotx

Well, I admire your optimism!! :)

igo4uni
June 1st, 2006, 04:08 PM
Indiana State wins a game.
:D

That would be a shocker!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

igo4uni
June 1st, 2006, 04:11 PM

Nah, Montana is coming to the fabulous UNI-Dome for the first round.:cool: :nod: :nod: :D :p

Tod
June 1st, 2006, 06:05 PM
Nah, Montana is coming to the fabulous UNI-Dome for the first round.:cool: :nod: :nod: :D :p

Isn't Fabulous supposed to be capitalized when used in reference to the UNI-Dome?

:confused: :confused: ;) :)

ncbears
June 1st, 2006, 06:12 PM

What are you smokin'!!! CU is going to be much improved with Hawkins.

My suprise win is UNC over Montana.

ngineer
June 1st, 2006, 07:13 PM

Beat me to it. I ranked WCU. I think they have a very experienced returning group and if they apply themselves will certainly knock off a few 'traditional' powers in the SoCon.
As for the PL, the 'surprise' that would be plausible besides Gtown winning 3 league games, would be Fordham knocking off one or more of the 'Big 3'. For some reason, I think the Rams have some very good athletes, and with the new coaching staff instilling a new attitude, they could well surprise some teams who are not ready...

colgate13
June 1st, 2006, 07:15 PM
For some reason, I think the Rams have some very good athletes, and with the new coaching staff instilling a new attitude, they could well surprise some teams who are not ready...
Boy do we see things differently. I think the talent there right now is sparse, and they are VERY lucky to have three seniors get a year of eligibility back. Without Prydatko and Taylor again, I think it would be just as ugly year as 2005.

Their biggest issue IMO is QB. I don't think Daniels can lead them to wins.

ngineer
June 1st, 2006, 07:20 PM
Boy do we see things differently. I think the talent there right now is sparse, and they are VERY lucky to have three seniors get a year of eligibility back. Without Prydatko and Taylor again, I think it would be just as ugly year as 2005.

Their biggest issue IMO is QB. I don't think Daniels can lead them to wins.

My thoughts were based on what I saw in the Bronx last fall. It appeared that FU had some excellent athletes and speed, but there was an obvious lack of intensity and 'will' to win.

swaghook
June 1st, 2006, 09:15 PM
Isn't Fabulous supposed to be capitalized when used in reference to the UNI-Dome?

:confused: :confused: ;) :)Isn't the use of the word "Fabulous" a trademark infringement upon The name Fabulous Fargodome that certain Bison fans use on here.;) :p

Freightliner
June 1st, 2006, 09:33 PM
Here's one for the :eek: award!

Texas State wins the 2006 National Championship :eek:

The team that they beat in the NC game? - Sam Houston State University :eek: :eek:

.....stranger things have happened :)

*dons kevlar and helmet* :rotateh: :rotateh:

McNeese75
June 1st, 2006, 09:46 PM
PV controls the SWAC by sweeping their Division and the league championship with a 28 pt average margin of victory. :D

OrneryAggie
June 1st, 2006, 11:24 PM
Okay, this prediction is pretty far fetched but I think it has a chance of happening this year:

A fan from Southern Utah University will make a post on AGS.

If SUU visits your university this fall find someone, anyone, who looks like they know what the internet is and tell them about this website.

RabidRabbit
June 1st, 2006, 11:36 PM
Okay, this prediction is pretty far fetched but I think it has a chance of happening this year:

If SUU visits your university this fall find someone, anyone, who looks like they know what the internet is and tell them about this website.

:bow: :bow: :bow: xlolx xlolx ORNERY - Way to good!!! xlolx xlolx :bow: :bow: :bow:

blur2005
June 2nd, 2006, 03:13 AM
1. Coastal Carolina will beat a SoCon team:D
2. UNH will not win the A-10:eyebrow:
3. Western Carolina will get a piece of the the SoCon titlexcoffeex
4. Youngstown State will go 8-3 again, and again will get shaftedxlolx xlolx
5. An OVC team will lose by less than 10 points in the first round of the playoffs...but still lose
6. Cal Poly will lose in the championship game, falling, of course, to a certain school that wears purple and gold...that might be in Virginia or Iowa:)
7. Southeastern Louisiana will win the Southland

and my biggest shocker: Montana State will shock the Griz in Missoula:eek:

Ken_Z
June 2nd, 2006, 06:49 AM
Bucknell defeats Colgate

p.s. no smiley face 13 'cause this year i'm serious about this prediction

HomerZ

OL FU
June 2nd, 2006, 06:54 AM
My thoughts were based on what I saw in the Bronx last fall. It appeared that FU had some excellent athletes and speed, but there was an obvious lack of intensity and 'will' to win.

:eyebrow: That would be FordU:rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

OL FU
June 2nd, 2006, 06:55 AM
1. Coastal Carolina will beat a SoCon team:D
2. UNH will not win the A-10:eyebrow:
3. Western Carolina will get a piece of the the SoCon titlexcoffeex
4. Youngstown State will go 8-3 again, and again will get shaftedxlolx xlolx
5. An OVC team will lose by less than 10 points in the first round of the playoffs...but still lose
6. Cal Poly will lose in the championship game, falling, of course, to a certain school that wears purple and gold...that might be in Virginia or Iowa:)
7. Southeastern Louisiana will win the Southland

That happened last year:p :D

Freightliner
June 2nd, 2006, 07:30 AM

I'll make a note while I am up there :)

Any McNeese fans going to do the same?

colgate13
June 2nd, 2006, 07:41 AM
Bucknell defeats Colgate

p.s. no smiley face 13 'cause this year i'm serious about this prediction

HomerZ

Find a QB and you might be in business. Until then, I'm predicting another LONG season for the Bison. :twocents:

Fordham
June 2nd, 2006, 08:36 AM

Hmmmm ... I was at that game and while I saw the lack of intensity and "will" to win, I didn't see the athletes part. I guess until I see it, I'll have to side with 13 on this one.

That said - there are some frosh & soph's (particularly on oline and LB) who gained some great experience last year and a few of them are fast and very athletic. Guys like Louis Woodland, Fonzie Culver (great name), Josh Jenrette, etc. make us have a potentially gamechanging LB corps imo. Some big uglies who played as frosh as well as some guys who were injured on the Oline and will play this year could dramatically improve our offensive fortunes if we have even an average oline v. what we had last year.

13 is also correct that this will come down to how good our QB play is. Every Ram fan expected Daniels to be moved to a different skill position or to be relegated to 2nd string or worse with the new staff. He ended up having a great spring, however, and they indicated that he really is something special after coaching him through at least spring ball. If he plays anywhere near where his potential is, we could surprise in the Fall.

Given our schedule, I think this team could be dangerous when we hit the PL skid at the back 1/2 of the year in one scenario - if we build confidence through winning out or at least heading into the bulk of our league play with only one loss. The disasterous scenario is to be taken to school by the mid-majors and Columbia that we have on the early schedule and shattering our confidence before getting to the most important games (league).

Still can't wait.

Pard4Life
June 2nd, 2006, 08:40 AM
I agree with the assessments that Fordham has some talent but there was definetely a lack of intensity and will on that team. I saw it as early as 2004 with the attitude and body language of the coach. Daniels can be a solid QB, he just needs some protection and recievers. Will he have that OL this year? That question will remain to be seen..

Fordham should be back on track in a few seasons.

Proud Griz Man
June 2nd, 2006, 08:54 AM

Blur - That game is a long way off but would you like to bet a cold, frothy Beer? xprost2x

p.s. - Mark Warner looks like he needs some sleep.

SunCoastBlueHen
June 2nd, 2006, 09:06 AM
This year when Delaware is down six with a minute left in the game, 1st and goal from the four, having amassed 200+ yrds rushing on the day, they will NOT try to throw the ball four times from an empty backfield. xidiotx

Ken_Z
June 2nd, 2006, 09:22 AM
Find a QB and you might be in business. Until then, I'm predicting another LONG season for the Bison. :twocents:

Wilson looked promising before his injury last year and Lair (Navy transfer) has good potential as well. Then of course we have Trigg coming in who chose Bucknell over Colgate so he must be exceptionally talented as well as intelligent. xlolx

colgate13
June 2nd, 2006, 10:40 AM
Wilson looked promising before his injury last year and Lair (Navy transfer) has good potential as well. Then of course we have Trigg coming in who chose Bucknell over Colgate so he must be exceptionally talented as well as intelligent. xlolx
Knowing the full story here, there wasn't really a choice to be made... He wasn't offered. ;)

89Hen
June 2nd, 2006, 10:58 AM
This year when Delaware is down six with a minute left in the game, 1st and goal from the four, having amassed 200+ yrds rushing on the day, they will NOT try to throw the ball four times from an empty backfield. xidiotx
JMU sure hopes this isn't the case. :bang:

Saint3333
June 2nd, 2006, 11:34 AM

That would make the SoCon the best 1-AA conference then right:smiley_wi .

Ken_Z
June 2nd, 2006, 11:45 AM
Knowing the full story here, there wasn't really a choice to be made... He wasn't offered. ;)

that will make it all the sweeter when he leads the Bison to victory, this year or three years from now

TxSt02
June 2nd, 2006, 11:46 AM
TxSt pulls within 7 of Kentucky or outright wins it!

colgate13
June 2nd, 2006, 11:55 AM
that will make it all the sweeter when he leads the Bison to victory, this year or three years from now

You can sure tell it's June, can't you? A lot of chest thumping going on! :D

Mark my words: Colgate football is primed for the next 3 years at least. Think of 2005 as the 'low' point on the graph (and it ain't so low). This year's PL title might be a toss up, but '07 and '08 are looking might fine. :twocents:

BTW, if history is any guide, Bucknell beats Colgate about once every 3-5 years. I'm thinking you're going to have to wait until 2009 before you win again, which at that time Trigg will be a senior, so you might just be right!

Ken_Z
June 2nd, 2006, 12:33 PM
BTW, if history is any guide, Bucknell beats Colgate about once every 3-5 years. I'm thinking you're going to have to wait until 2009 before you win again, which at that time Trigg will be a senior, so you might just be right!

as long as i am right. i did give myself lots of time and opportunity. oh, by the way, i am sticking with BU over CU this year, in fact i'm thinking about adding LC to the list of expected victims. June may be the high point of the football season for me.

Fordham
June 2nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
what about the tough part of the PL skid, Ken?

colgate13
June 2nd, 2006, 01:29 PM
Gotta love that diehard enthusiasm!

Lehigh Football Nation
June 2nd, 2006, 02:42 PM
as long as i am right. i did give myself lots of time and opportunity. oh, by the way, i am sticking with BU over CU this year, in fact i'm thinking about adding LC to the list of expected victims. June may be the high point of the football season for me.

As much as I would be elated with Bucknell beating both Colgate and Lafayette yet succumbing to Lehigh, I feel like Tim Landis is at a make-or-break season for Bucknell this year. Not only do they have to replace Dante Ross and Sean Conover -- hands down their best players over the past 2 years -- they have to get over this injury bug that has killing them. Late in 2004 and 2005 were defined by a slew of season-ending injuries and hampering medical conditions that makes you wonder if something is wrong with their training.

Right now, I'd put Fordham in front of Bucknell in the rebuilding department, but stranger things have happened.

Ken_Z
June 2nd, 2006, 02:43 PM
what about the tough part of the PL skid, Ken?

tough part of the schedule? i guess you must be referring to Marist since they are the only team that will be looking to avenge a loss from last year.
as for Fordham, they have to come to Lewisburg, so i predict pain for the Rams. any other PL school fans care to ask the question so i can go on record and continue to dig this hole?

Pard4Life
June 2nd, 2006, 02:55 PM

:eyebrow: xlolx Bucknell will be lucky to win one PL game this season. End of story.

OL FU
June 2nd, 2006, 02:59 PM
:eyebrow: xlolx Bucknell will be lucky to win one PL game this season. End of story.

I have been reading this thread and thinking the same thing. :nod:

But then again what do I knowxidiotx

MR. CHICKEN
June 2nd, 2006, 03:03 PM

NOW NOW CHILDREN....VERAH FEW SQWADS......GO 0-11...IN ANY GIVEN SEASON..(AGS).......: smh :........BUK!...BUK!...BUK!....BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

colgate13
June 2nd, 2006, 03:26 PM
I don't put winning some games outside of the realm of possibility for the Bison. They got a lot of kids with experience coming back and Landis (who I do not think is on any hot seat after one bad season) isn't an idiot. I just think they are running themselves into a talent gap with the rest of the league. I don't see the athletes on the field that they need to run that spread option successfully in the PL. But, if they get hot... it's a whole new ball game.

IMHO, Bucknell's ability to reach .500 or better lies with finding a QB who is Mr. World and a rebuilding a defensive line... and that second thing might be more important than the first. The lose pretty much their whole line. If they can't stop some offenses like Colgate or Lafayette, the offensive styles of those teams will eat up clock and keep any QB, good or bad, off the field.

Let's all keep in mind: we beat up Holy Cross pretty bad last year at this time, and they ended up pretty respectable. That said, I think these are different situations and I'm not picking more than a 3 win season for the Bison this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 2nd, 2006, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=colgate13]You can sure tell it's June, can't you? A lot of chest thumping going on! :D

Mark my words: Colgate football is primed for the next 3 years at least. Think of 2005 as the 'low' point on the graph (and it ain't so low). This year's PL title might be a toss up, but '07 and '08 are looking might fine. :twocents:QUOTE]

I don't think Lehigh, Colgate or Lafayette is going anywhere anytime soon. The big question for Lafayette that will arise will be how long Tavani will stay. I believe he signed an extention but those things can be torn up pretty quickly if the right offer comes along. People forget that this will be the third coach Lehigh has had since 2000. To maintain the level that they have, and it does appear to be headed forward, is pretty impresive. They will probably have to carry Biddle out of there before he leaves. Colgates program i think has the best stability right now. Although Coen seems like he could be a guy who hangs around 10 years or so as it seemed he was waiting for this position to come along again. All three schools have had very good recruiting classes the last few years and Lehigh will be playing alot of Soph. and Jr's, especially at the skill positions this year so they should be there in '07 as well as '08. Lafayette seems to be in the "Reloading" not rebuilding mode anymore so you have to assume they'll be there as well. This is deffinately a test year for them though as they only return 11.

Granite
June 2nd, 2006, 03:49 PM
Towson wins the A-10 South and grabs an at-large playoff bid.

I could see that - Towson could very well be the next A-10 surprise, although I'm not sure it would be that much of a surprise to those of us who have been paying attention recently. I was impressed with the Tigers in 2005 and they return a hell of a lot next year.

Stang Fever
June 2nd, 2006, 04:13 PM
Georgia Southern struggles to go .500

Agreed...from what i remember reading its a totally new offense. There is no way he has the guys to run what he wants...but hey you never know

Stang Fever
June 2nd, 2006, 04:15 PM
Someone from Southern Utah Post on herexlolx xlolx xlolx

ohh you meant on football games....

Sac St Beats Davis.....next morning papers reads 100 Davis fans killed themselves

LBPop
June 2nd, 2006, 05:40 PM

I had to wait for my heart to slow down before I could respond to your post. Your Georgetown prediction is not ridiculous, but I worry that I am seeing the Hoyas through my Dad Colored glasses. I can tell you that the new coach is the real deal. I recently spent a lot of one-on-one time with the man and he's got the goods. Of course, only W's count.

With respect to Towson, I think you are right on. The offense is explosive and the 'D' just got themselves an outstanding Coordinator in Bob Benson. At Georgetown everyone respected the defense and that was truly Coach Benson's baby. Also, the Tigers have my favorite non-Hoya I-AA player. He's a rising sophomore and his initials in three years might just be N-F-L.

Ronbo
June 2nd, 2006, 06:30 PM
Surprise predictions. Hmmm.... I got one.

Griz will be #2 or #3 in the first SportsNetwork Top 25 Rankings. :rotateh: :) :nod: Now don't come back with any homer jokes. This is surprise predictions so anything can be said.

slostang
June 2nd, 2006, 08:30 PM
Surprise predictions. Hmmm.... I got one.

Griz will be #2 or #3 in the first SportsNetwork Top 25 Rankings. :rotateh: :) :nod: Now don't come back with any homer jokes. This is surprise predictions so anything can be said.
Ronbo, you really went out on a limb on that one. The Griz were #4 in the AGS poll. I would be more surprised if they were ranked outside of the top 5 then if they were ranked #1. I am looking forward to Nov. 4th.

89Hen
June 2nd, 2006, 08:53 PM
I was one of the first people to welcome Towson to the A10 and told everyone that they could be decent in a couple of years in the A10.... that said, I really don't expect too much out of the Tigers this year. They lost most of their offensive line and apparently are very thin there. I think they'll be fun to watch as they will air it out all season, but without a ground game they will struggle.

While they are fortunate to miss UNH from the A10 North, they also miss URI and NU. I really think 3-5 again in the A10 would be all you can expect from them this year if everything goes well.

TheBisonator
June 2nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
NDSU finishes the season an undefeated 11-0 and a #1 I-AA ranking, but because of the damn rule, is not invited to the playoffs. This situation in turn is given mention on SportsCenter, PTI and a lot of other national sports shows, and sports columnists call for NDSU to immediately move up to I-A.

BTW, I am currently enjoying some very delicious crack right now.:eek:

slostang
June 2nd, 2006, 09:23 PM
NDSU finishes the season an undefeated 11-0 and a #1 I-AA ranking, but because of the damn rule, is not invited to the playoffs. This situation in turn is given mention on SportsCenter, PTI and a lot of other national sports shows, and sports columnists call for NDSU to immediately move up to I-A.

I can see having some waiting period before a transitioning team can go to the playoffs, but five years (I think it is five years) is way to long. A player recruited in the first year of the transition would not be able to go to the playoff and the second year recruits who do not redshirt would also be denied. That in my opinion is wrong. Two or three years seem more reasonable.

The best thing that could happen is for a team like NDSU to finish the season in the top five and be shut out of the playoffs. That would bring attention to this problem and hopefully get it changed.

blukeys
June 3rd, 2006, 01:48 AM
I really don't expect too much out of the Tigers this year. They lost most of their offensive line and apparently are very thin there.

According to the players in both '04 and '05 this was the real strength of the Towson team. Rebuilding that line will be a difficult job as many UD players considered it one of the A-10's best.

Jag4Life
June 3rd, 2006, 03:18 PM
Prairie View gets a winning season!

Texas Southern gets 2 wins!

JSU gets 7 wins!

Alcorn wins the East!

Valley finishes 2nd in the East!

Prairie View finishes in the West!

yosefcity
June 5th, 2006, 09:09 PM
ASU goes 11-1 but the 1 is not NC State, It is Chattanooga. ASU Furman and WCU make the playoffs. ASU beats UNI in Chatty to complete the GO FOR 2 campaign.

kats89
June 5th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Here's one for the :eek: award!

Texas State wins the 2006 National Championship :eek:

The team that they beat in the NC game? - Sam Houston State University :eek: :eek:

.....stranger things have happened :)

*dons kevlar and helmet* :rotateh: :rotateh:

Quit hitting that bong dude!! Thanks for the Southland love though.

TxSt pulls within 7 of Kentucky or outright wins it!

Maybe if you had Nealy another year. Wasson is not your man.

TxState_GO_CATS!
June 6th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Quit hitting that bong dude!! Thanks for the Southland love though.

Maybe if you had Nealy another year. Wasson is not your man.

i think that's why it's called the SURPRISE predictions.:smiley_wi i, personally, don't think the UK game will be close, but we'll see. i think we have the talent/potential to scare them (like we did baylor), but i doubt we come out with a win. just my:twocents: .

Oh and the 2006 National Title:

Texas State 31
Sam Houston 28

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

yeah...whatever

RabidRabbit
June 6th, 2006, 08:40 AM

10-1 or 9-2, all the rest of the above holds true. But move to I-A? :eek: Can't get games in Fargo now! xlolx

No surprises here!

slycat
June 6th, 2006, 02:29 PM
sam houston beats texas in the biggest upset in history.

the NCAA finally learns how much better the playoffs are and gets rid of bowl games.

i try to think big.

PAmedic
June 6th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Liberty wakes up, rides their new HC and several 1A transfers to an undefeated BSOUTH season, loses only once out of conf (Wake Forest) and makes the 1AA playoffs for the first time.

Optimism reigns supreme at flamefans.com (http://flamefans.com/index.php)

Stang Fever
June 6th, 2006, 07:21 PM

the NCAA finally learns how much better the playoffs are and gets rid of bowl games.

i try to think big.

I would love for that to happen.....just for the playoffs of I-A games

bluehenbillk
June 7th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Jamar Brittingham runs for 250 yards & Bloomsburg shocks a JMU team looking ahead.

bandl
June 7th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Jamar Brittingham runs for 250 yards & Bloomsburg shocks a JMU team looking ahead.

hahaha...your disrespect towards JMU has been noted frequently, but this one takes the cake! xlolx

89Hen
June 7th, 2006, 11:51 AM
hahaha...your disrespect towards JMU has been noted frequently, but this one takes the cake! xlolx
I dunno, JMU hasn't beaten Bloomsburg since 1989. :eyebrow:

kats89
June 7th, 2006, 12:16 PM

i try to think big.

Sam Houston beating Tx State is not the biggest upset in history.:nono:

Stang Fever
June 7th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Sam Houston beating Tx State is not the biggest upset in history.:nono:

who said anything about sam Houston beating Tx State......

Sam houston beatint Texas

kats89
June 7th, 2006, 12:23 PM
who said anything about sam Houston beating Tx State......

Sam houston beatint Texas

Misread quote. Now that WOULD be biggest upset in history.:thumbsup:

That ain't happening though.

bluehenbillk
June 7th, 2006, 01:02 PM

Hey I think JMU is the favorite this year in the South, you wanted surprise predictions, Brittingham will run on JMU, the question is for how much.

JMU is a quality team even of they have no answer for Omar Cuff. I think you have me confused with ABH.

cu@wgs
June 7th, 2006, 01:36 PM
someone in the big sky wins the conference outright

AUCATAMOUNT
June 7th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Western and Florida will be tied at the half.

Elon wins a SoCon game

Chatty beats two of the big three

bandl
June 7th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I dunno, JMU hasn't beaten Bloomsburg since 1989. :eyebrow:

AND we're undefeated against Bloomsburg!!!! :thumbsup:

DuckDuckGriz
September 3rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
Montana State upsets Colorado :(

You heard it here first. :smiley_wi

Go Griz

WMTribe90
September 3rd, 2006, 05:52 PM

Do I win a prize! ?

Just had a feeling that Barnett lef thte cupboard bare and Hawkins will need a year or two to right the ship. Still an impressive win for MSU.

FlyYtown
September 3rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
YSU Wins the 2006 National Championship, 9 years after winning their last: #4....

That is no surprise if it does happen. YSU is loaded and even the Cleveland-Akron-Canton papers acknowledge that!

art vandelay
September 3rd, 2006, 10:11 PM
youngstown state head coach rents march of the penguins but to his surprise finds that it has nothing to do with football or his current team. with his new found knowledge of penguins he decides to change the team name to the falcons or hawks or any bird with a little more moxie upsetting the YSU fan base thus haveing practicly no effect on their upcoming season. just kidding YSU fans i just always loved the penguin masscot