PDA

View Full Version : CSK: NDSU Makes The Plays for a 17-6 Championship Win Over SHSU

Lehigh Football Nation
January 7th, 2012, 07:54 PM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/78-college-sports-journal/david-coulson/166-north-dakota-state-makes-the-plays-for-a-17-6-championship-win-over-sam-houston-state

FRISCO, TX. — North Dakota State took its place among some of the greatest defensive performers in Football Championship Subdivision history on Saturday afternoon, grinding out a 17-6 victory over previously-unbeaten Sam Houston State in the NCAA Division Football Championship game.

The Bison (14-1) allowed just 13 points in their final three playoff games, stifling powerful offenses from Lehigh, Georgia Southern and SHSU to win their first FCS crown.

One special play on special teams and another on defense in the second half pulled NDSU from a 6-3 halftime deficit to the title on a day where both offenses struggled.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 7th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Mods: Could you change CSK to CSJ? Erp... THanks...

ngineer
January 7th, 2012, 08:22 PM
The ol' adage that "defense wins championships" could not have been more apropos than today. NDSU's D was brilliant. I really enjoyed a good ol' "slobberknocker" of a game. Congrats Bison! And congrats to the BearKats for a great season, too.

TheBisonator
January 7th, 2012, 08:24 PM
The ol' adage that "defense wins championships" could not have been more apropos than today. NDSU's D was brilliant. I really enjoyed a good ol' "slobberknocker" of a game. Congrats Bison! And congrats to the BearKats for a great season, too.

Seriously, I wish I could have recieved a Patriot League education. You people's vocabularies are the coolest damn thing....

coldspot
January 7th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Seriously, I wish I could have recieved a Patriot League education. You people's vocabularies are the coolest damn thing....

is that even a real word? *googles word to see if it's real*

o wow, but is it scrabble eligible? *checks for scrabble eligibility*

hot damn, 11 pointer.

DJKyR0
January 7th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Heh heh. Slobberknocker.

TheBisonator
January 7th, 2012, 09:27 PM
is that even a real word? *googles word to see if it's real*

o wow, but is it scrabble eligible? *checks for scrabble eligibility*

hot damn, 11 pointer.

http://www.merriam-webster.com