PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to NDSU

GSU Eagle
January 7th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Let me say the best team in FCS definitely was NDSU. The defense was one of the better ones I have seen at this level (or any level for that matter) is a long time. Defensively they were absolutely dominate through the playoffs. Offensively they were not world-beaters but were solid, did not make lots of mistakes, and got it done.

appsfan
January 7th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Congratulations to the Bison and welcome to the club. You played a monster game and beat a very good team in SHSU.

Travelinneer
January 7th, 2012, 05:33 PM
What a defense.................quite fast and sticky glue hands. Enjoyable game from a fan's perspective.

SonuvaHenx2
January 7th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Congratulations, Bison! Fantastic game to watch from a neutral's perspective

Mfergy4
January 7th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Thanks GSU Eagle...May your team be as successful next year as it was this year . It was a previledge to have played your team this year. You have great program, team, and fans.

HailSzczur
January 7th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Well done Bison. You guys deserved it, you had a great season and I happy for all you on the board, you're all a real passionate bunch. Enjoy this, cause you never know what next year will bring. Or the year after that. Just ask us or EWU

maristdb89
January 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Congrats Bison!!!!

darell1976
January 7th, 2012, 06:20 PM
As your in-state rival, I would like to congratulate NDSU on an amazing season. You have set the bar for not only for UND but for all transitioning teams in to the FCS. Your defense put on a show that was stellar. You put North Dakota on the map of the FCS, and I hope our team one day can be as good as yours. Congrats and best of luck next year as you try to repeat!! Good job NDSU.

Bam
January 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Congrats NDSU. Welcome to the club!

The Eagle's Cliff
January 7th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Echoing the defensive comments. Those guys are impressive the way they fight off and/or avoid blocks and swarm to the ball AND actually make the tackles when they get there. Congrats on your championship.xsalutex

ngineer
January 7th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Echoing the defensive comments. Those guys are impressive the way they fight off and/or avoid blocks and swarm to the ball AND actually make the tackles when they get there. Congrats on your championship.xsalutex

Yes, besides their speed, the most impressive thing about NDSU's D was their tackling, especially in the open field, one on one, more times than not, when a Bison defender got to a Kat runner, he wrapped him up. I've lamented the "lost art" of tackling over the years as players have mimicked the pros by just throwing their bodies at runners with out driving a shoulder and wrapping up. This game was a real pleasure to watch!

Cat79
January 7th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Congrats

superman7515
January 7th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Congrats to NDSU and their fans on a great season.

Grizo406
January 7th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Congrats, NDSU Bison!xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Stellar defense!

Enjoy the ride!xthumbsupx

stevdock
January 7th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Yes, besides their speed, the most impressive thing about NDSU's D was their tackling, especially in the open field, one on one, more times than not, when a Bison defender got to a Kat runner, he wrapped him up. I've lamented the "lost art" of tackling over the years as players have mimicked the pros by just throwing their bodies at runners with out driving a shoulder and wrapping up. This game was a real pleasure to watch!

I must say I am so happy our defense has improved on this throughout the year. A few weeks before we played UNI we had alot of shoulder bump tackles and we knew that someday we would get burned by a team if that didn't improve immensely. Thankfully the coaches fixed the problem because they were amazing tackling especially during the playoffs.

BisonHype!
January 7th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Great feeling to get one out of the way, and you can only hope to get back for another chance. Thanks for being classy everyone!xthumbsupx

Willie
January 7th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Here's how I say congrats...

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/44557420087145978527.png

deez_na
January 7th, 2012, 11:51 PM
xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 7th, 2012, 11:54 PM
HUUUGE Congrats!!!

I'll never forget the time I had at the NDSU game this season!! From the coach, to the players, to the fans and the city of Fargo, you guys all rock!!!xhurrayxxsmileyclapx

Sambow
January 7th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Congrats to the BISON. You were the better team. I hope for a rematch because you're fans were really good. As bad as it sucks for me to say NDSU NO. 1!!!!

DJKyR0
January 8th, 2012, 12:00 AM
HUUUGE Congrats!!!

I'll never forget the time I had at the NDSU game this season!! From the coach, to the players, to the fans and the city of Fargo, you guys all rock!!!xhurrayxxsmileyclapx

Das boot!

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Das boot!

Das Boot indeed!! xbeerdrinkx

So did the Frisco cruiser indeed cruise to Frisco?

deez_na
January 8th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Congrats to the BISON. You were the better team. I hope for a rematch because you're fans were really good. As bad as it sucks for me to say NDSU NO. 1!!!!

A rematch would be a fun one, those were 2 really tough teams out there today and both defenses were up for the challenge. NDSU had 2 or 3 big plays that made the difference.

DJKyR0
January 8th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Das Boot indeed!! xbeerdrinkx

So did the Frisco cruiser indeed cruise to Frisco?

Hell no, the thing wouldn't have made it to Sioux Falls.

NDSUFREAK
January 8th, 2012, 12:40 AM
HUUUGE Congrats!!!

Great to hear!!! You are obviously welcome at any time! Hopefully Lehigh will be in Fargo sooner than later!

Sambow
January 8th, 2012, 12:48 AM
A rematch would be a fun one, those were 2 really tough teams out there today and both defenses were up for the challenge. NDSU had 2 or 3 big plays that made the difference.

Yall were surely better and the fake punt was HUGE! I would imagine we had as fast a defense yall have seen though,

BisonBabe
January 8th, 2012, 12:57 AM
The game today was absolutely the best it could be. The atmosphere was fabulous .... this was my first time at a championship game we brought the kids as well. Had older fans instructing my son in the finer arts of the game...had the opportunity to congratulate some of the SHSU fans on a great season. They have a young team and will be a force to be reckoned with next year.

Is it time for football season to start yet??

gseagle
January 8th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Congrats Bison...well deserved!!

UNIFanSince1983
January 8th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I must say the Bison were a great team and deserved to win the National Championship this year. That defense was unbelievable in the playoffs. I honestly wasn't sure after watching our game against you if you had what it took, but it seemed like after that YSU loss Bohl and company refocused and was playing at an incredibly high level. It is also great for the Valley! Can't wait to get the defending National Champions in The Dome next year!! Also happy for Klieman. He's worked hard and absolutely deserves something like this.

I am sure most UNI fans won't echo my sentiments but congratulations to the Bison. Bohl really is a class act, and your team deserved it. I don't want to listen to some of your fans, but most of you guys aren't as bad as you have seemed!

SDFS
January 8th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Congrats to NDSU great run from a Sioux fan!!

GSUsTALON
January 8th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Congratulations from a Georgia Southern fan.

Your Defense, Coaching staff and players showed once again why you were the best of the best for the 2011 season. I followed your scores threw out the playoffs and was very impressed with how you shut down all comers. You squelched a passing team , balanced offense and GSUs ground attack with accomplished skill. You look to be a power in FCS as long as you can keep your coaching staff in place and continue to recruit well.

Being the best of the best in FCS I expect you to start out as #1 in the polls next year. I look forward to a rematch with the defending National Champion next year.

BisonHype!
January 8th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Congratulations from a Georgia Southern fan.

Your Defense, Coaching staff and players showed once again why you were the best of the best for the 2011 season. I followed your scores threw out the playoffs and was very impressed with how you shut down all comers. You squelched a passing team , balanced offense and GSUs ground attack with accomplished skill. You look to be a power in FCS as long as you can keep your coaching staff in place and continue to recruit well.

Being the best of the best in FCS I expect you to start out as #1 in the polls next year. I look forward to a rematch with the defending National Champion next year.

How about another Home and Home game?:p

Only if the first game is in Fargo this time...

Eaglesrus
January 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Congratulations to NDSU. Great win, great season, great team, great fans, much to be proud of!

GaSouthern
January 8th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Congrats NDSU!

GSUwinsagain
January 8th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Congratulations Bison! One heckuva team, fans and coaching staff.

HandoEX
January 8th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Hell no, the thing wouldn't have made it to Sioux Falls.

What would you know? You have never even ridden on our bus so STFU. You do realize that the only problem we had all year was a flat tire on the way back from SDSU. It probably would have made it with no problems but none of us were willing to risk not making the National Championship so we all either flew our took newer vehicles.

Grizzlies82
January 8th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Congrats to our northern plains neighbors and their mighty Bison.

That was a wonderful playoff run and tremendous Championship effort by your defense. No doubt who earned it. Enjoy it!

Monarch History
January 8th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Congratulations to NDSU. Great win, great season, great team, great fans, much to be proud of!

+1000

bojeta
January 8th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Thouroughly enjoyed every minute of this game!!! The playoff system worked and the two best teams were in this game. Congratulations to both NDSU and SHSU!!!

Bisonator
January 8th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Congrats to SHSU on a fantastic season. The game yesterday was a great defensive battle. Your team has nothing to be ashamed of, best defense we saw all season. A play or two here or there and it could have turned out different. Hope to see you in the NC again next year!

BisonBacker
January 8th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Here's another congratulations to SHSU for a fine season and a very good team. Just got home tonight from the game and had a chance to watch the game on the DVR. Very proud of the effort our Defense had not only in this game but also throughout the playoffs.

Sambow
January 8th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Congrats to SHSU on a fantastic season. The game yesterday was a great defensive battle. Your team has nothing to be ashamed of, best defense we saw all season. A play or two here or there and it could have turned out different. Hope to see you in the NC again next year!

I'm going to speak for Kat fans.....We appreciate this. Your fans were great and I admire gracious winners. I hope we were gracious losers. WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!! Kats have nothing to be upset about. NDSU was just better. GO KATS!!!!!!

344Johnson
January 9th, 2012, 12:34 AM
I'm going to speak for Kat fans.....We appreciate this. Your fans were great and I admire gracious winners. I hope we were gracious losers. WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!! Kats have nothing to be upset about. NDSU was just better. GO KATS!!!!!!

Ran into several Kat fans at the Hotel following the game.

#1. Love the accents.
#2. Only had nice things to say.
#3. Very football intelligent(we appreciate that)

Ran into a couple Kats fans on the highway back north and one of them honked and shook his fist....then held up a SHSU shirt and smiled and put up the Bison horns. SHSU fans I ran into throughout my time in Texas were simply delightful. As was the Bar & Grill owner who had his place right near the stadium. Bought all Bison fans 2 rounds of drinks the day before the game.

Keeper
January 9th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Ditto, ngineer, very impressive tackling.

I've been lamenting that lost art all season, poor angles, no balance, etc.

Congratulations NDSU Bison, Division One Champions. xthumbsupx

DJKyR0
January 9th, 2012, 04:31 AM
We were driving home on I-35 and an F-350 honked at us and the passenger held up a sign that said "this state smells like poopie."

It was pretty great.